Why is GOP panicking over november election losses?

Well, then, explain to me why you hate gays so much that this is an important issue to you.

I dont hate gays.

No, you just want to deny them something out of spite... but you don't hate them.

Why exactly? You have yet to give me a good reason.

Frankly, when I screw someone over, I usually have a good reason for it. They did something to piss me off or letting them have it would cause problems.

But you want to deny marriage to gay people because it's "against a federal law" or something, a law that was only passed 20 years ago to appeal to bigots...

No, you just want to deny them something out of spite... but you don't hate them.

I, like my state and Federal government, do not feel same sex relations warrant special protection.

Do what you want with your life.

Feds and many states don't sanction it.

Look up civil versus criminal. It is key.

No, it isn't the key. It is not, as you claim against the law for a same sex couple to be married, criminally or civilly.

Nope against Federal law to recognize gay marriage in Federal matters.

Try to file your taxes and claim your gay friend. Cant do it. Why ? Against Federal law.

Same goes in many States, some by their Constitutuion.

I should have asked...is English not your first language? Perhaps that is where the disconnect stems from.

You said, and I quote, "gay marriage is against the law". That is not the case. Six states allow gays and lesbians to marry and grant them all the state benefits. That is not illegal. It is not recognized in your state or by the Federal government, but that does not make gay marriage "against the law".

What it does is mean that if I happen to be driving through your state and one of our kids or me needs medical attention, she might not be allowed into the hospital to see them.

You should be proud.

No, it isn't the key. It is not, as you claim against the law for a same sex couple to be married, criminally or civilly.

Nope against Federal law to recognize gay marriage in Federal matters.

Try to file your taxes and claim your gay friend. Cant do it. Why ? Against Federal law.

Same goes in many States, some by their Constitutuion.

I should have asked...is English not your first language? Perhaps that is where the disconnect stems from.

You said, and I quote, "gay marriage is against the law". That is not the case. Six states allow gays and lesbians to marry and grant them all the state benefits. That is not illegal. It is not recognized in your state or by the Federal government, but that does not make gay marriage "against the law".

What it does is mean that if I happen to be driving through your state and one of our kids or me needs medical attention, she might not be allowed into the hospital to see them.

You should be proud.

I said "gay marriage is against Federal law."

I, like my state and Federal government, do not feel same sex relations warrant special protection.

How is it special if it the exact same protections you get? Are you saying that marriage is a special right that you want to keep all to yourself?

Boy am I glad the SCOTUS gets to decide, not you.

That' not an answer.

WHY do you think the states/federal government shouldn't sanction it.

What is so horribly wrong with it that we need to make laws to keep it from ever happening.

Stop evading and just answer the question. Let's pretend that I personally get to decide the issue. Convince me why we shouldn't allow it.

Well, then, explain to me why you hate gays so much that this is an important issue to you.

I dont hate gays.

No, you just don't want us to have the same rights as you do. Why?

Why should I be denied the rights, benefits and protections associated with legal civil marriage because my non-familial, consenting adult partner of choice just happens to be of the same gender? What reasonable person standard do you use to deny me those protections? What is the overriding harm in allowing them?

That' not an answer.

What is so horribly wrong with it that we need to make laws to keep it from ever happening.

Stop evading and just answer the question. Let's pretend that I personally get to decide the issue. Convince me why we shouldn't allow it.

Seems to me it can only boil down to one of two answers, or a combination therein:

"God says it's bad."

"I don't like gay people."

Don't know what else it could be.

Personally I feel it is unnatural and a chosen paraphilia.

Now be as unnatural as you want if it is consenting and of age.

But the government doesn't have to sanction it.

Advance Medical Directive would be advised.

Oh yeah, I know. I get it. The people that claim to hate lawyers want us to spend thousands of dollars paying lawyers for a fraction of the protections you get with a $75 license and an "I do" in front of Elvis at a drive-thru. I get it, I just don't think that's equal treatment. I don't think the SCOTUS will either.

Personally I feel it is unnatural and a chosen paraphilia.

Now be as unnatural as you want if it is consenting and of age.

But the government doesn't have to sanction it.

Your personal feelings are not what the SCOTUS will be deciding on. What is the societal harm in same sex marriage? What reasonable person standard to you employ to deny equal rights, benefits and protections to same sex couples?

"I think it's icky" won't hold up in court.

Oh yeah, I know. I get it. The people that claim to hate lawyers want us to spend thousands of dollars paying lawyers for a fraction of the protections you get with a $75 license and an "I do" in front of Elvis at a drive-thru. I get it, I just don't think that's equal treatment. I don't think the SCOTUS will either.

You can get an AMD at any hospital.

I am worried for your children if you don't have one already and they find themselves in the care of another person with no familial ties. I mean this w/ respect.

Your personal feelings are not what the SCOTUS will be deciding on.

Correct.

You can float like a butterfly, but the sting like a bee part seems to be lacking. I note that you failed to come up with any societal harm in allowing same sex couples the protections of legal marriage. Does that mean you now agree that same sex marriage is inevitable in America's future?

.Does that mean you now agree that same sex marriage is inevitable in America's future?

I have no way of even remotely predicting America's future anymore.

If the Federal law against is repealed and my State Constitution amended, I will respect the rule of law.

Last edited:

You can get an AMD at any hospital.

I am worried for your children if you don't have one already and they find themselves in the care of another person with no familial ties. I mean this w/ respect.

No you don't or you wouldn't support a law that keeps it that way in YOUR state. In my state, she is the legal (and emotional...she's that in every state) parent of our children. Her name is on their fucking birth certificate along with mine.

I mean this with the utmost respect. If you truly cared about my children, don't pass laws that hurt them.

Forum List

Back