Why Is Mitt Romney So Incredibly Weird?

How do kids from poor/low income families borrow from their parents to go to college?

You don't. You shoot for a scholarship or get a job and save for it. Then work during the day and go to college at night.

So you want a country where the poorer your family is, the less likely you will be able to get an education, and therefore, the less likely you will be able to succeed and prosper.

For you, it's not just equality of outcome you find repugnant,

for you, equality of opportunity is equally so.

You guys really need to stop associating education with degrees. You can become very well educated without spending a cent or earning a degree.

Personally, I think Mitt is a fine person, great family man and father, good values, doesn't smoke or drink and cares about others

He just has an awkward persona when dealing with average Americans. He is very stiff, forced and his attempts at humor are out of place and outdated. He takes something he thinks is funny and repeats it endlessly to try to sound like a regular guy. He reminds me a lot of Walter Mondale and his "Where's the beef?" chant

You don't. You shoot for a scholarship or get a job and save for it. Then work during the day and go to college at night.

So you want a country where the poorer your family is, the less likely you will be able to get an education, and therefore, the less likely you will be able to succeed and prosper.

I'll side with Peach on this one. You take out a loan if you want to just go to college. Otherwise, you save your money while living at home--the money you may get as a gift, working, etc...--then buy the education you can afford or you work and put yourself through school.

Or you make better choices. We have dozens of community college campuses around here yet Arizona State is full of Freshmen paying much more than they would be if they were going to one of the junior colleges. This is a dumb decision if you're financially challenged. The JUCO is fully accredited, and the courses are transferrable.

One of the problems I have with the leftwing is that somehow youth should be synonymous with an incubation period. That ends when you start living beyond your means.

I fully favor a system to where graduating HS seniors get the equivalent of an Associate's Degree's worth of college paid for them by Uncle Sam then have the cost deducted from their payroll checks through their careers. This could be used for college or trade school. It's a superior system to what we have now.

However, what we have now is, well, what we have to live with. Expecting to be supported through your college life is, in my view, a foolish expectation and I would also state that you're going to end up much more educated if you don't have such a benefactor.

The ones who benefit the most from college graduates are businesses. They receive economic benefit from an educated workforce and foot none of the bill. I would like to see them offer scholarships, internships and student loan repayments to top students.
Time for business to prime the educational pump

The ones who benefit the most from college graduates are businesses. They receive economic benefit from an educated workforce and foot none of the bill. I would like to see them offer scholarships, internships and student loan repayments to top students.
Time for business to prime the educational pump

Absolutely. Business has long been "outsourcing" it's training and employee screening to the largely publicly funded education system. It's yet another form of indirect corporate welfare and it's high time it stopped.

I think Obama is weird too, but he became President..

Well, most people dont hang out and admire marxists. So he is weird.

Of course, being weird hasn't made him a bad President. His total lack of leadership, rejection of any sort of responsibility for his actions and support for failing policies, howeer, have.

Mitt is like the republican version of Gore....Wooden, Robotic, raised by super wealth families, born to be politicians. Its like they are fulfilling a little kids dream of being an astronaut or president. Everything that comes from that guys mouth is rehearsed. And when it isn't it gets him into trouble....."corporations are people my friend" when he said that it was so sincere.

I agree, but Gore had a human heart.

[youtube]HHVxjMT1-os[/youtube]

I agree, but Gore had a human heart.

Ive seen far more evidence that Romney cares about people than Gore does.

What has Gore ever done other than try to scare people with junk science so he can live in luxary while the people who believe him sacrifice everything for his "cause"?

If you say so

It is what they say when there is no gas in the tank.

Obama is about to go under like the Titanic.

It may very well have happened if you nominated a better candidate than Mitt. As it is, Obama is going to coast to an easy victory

Hopefully, in 2016 you will run some electable candidates

yeah sure Obama is going to coast to victory with 8.6 unemployment, gas at $5 a gallon, etc etc.
you all can dream though..
Romney hasn't even started showing what he will be to the people...that comes next

It is what they say when there is no gas in the tank.

Obama is about to go under like the Titanic.

It may very well have happened if you nominated a better candidate than Mitt. As it is, Obama is going to coast to an easy victory

Hopefully, in 2016 you will run some electable candidates

yeah sure Obama is going to coast to victory with 8.6 unemployment, gas at $5 a gallon, etc etc.
you all can dream though..
Romney hasn't even started showing what he will be to the people...that comes next

8.6% unemployment?
$5 gas ?

Where?

You guys really need to stop associating education with degrees. You can become very well educated without spending a cent or earning a degree.

The rise of America's prosperity is directly proportional to educational opportunity and attainment by the lower and working classes after WWII. Anyone who disputes the invaluable importance of education is one who simply does not get it.

He's weird to you because people who accomplish and do things in life are always weird to those who don't.

Ummm. yeah. About that.

Are you saying the millions of Americans who go to their jobs, work hard, and get abused by employers are really "accomplishing nothing"?

Romney is a guy who was born on third base and thought he hit a triple. YOu can argue that he was an "accomplished guy", but he had access to wealth and education and connections most of us don't have. His success had a lot more to do with luck than talent.

But let's give him the credit and say, heck, he's accomplished stuff. Okay. Fine.

Frankly, that's not a lot of comfort for the GS Steel worker who found his job shut down one morning because Bain had looted the company.

No, JoeB, you are being told that you have not accomplished anything and that is why MR looks weird to you.

You are not millions of individuals. Thank heavens! You and cammmpbell, your other moniker, are more than enough weirdos here.

No, JoeB, you are being told that you have not accomplished anything and that is why MR looks weird to you.

You are not millions of individuals. Thank heavens! You and cammmpbell, your other moniker, are more than enough weirdos here.

1) He wasn't addressing me personally.

2) I've accomplished plenty in my life and never fucked anyone over in the process, thanks for asking.

3) Not sure what your gay-ass fascination with Cammmmpelll is. Did the guy seriously spank you in a debate and your butt-hurt is showing? Because, honestly, guy it's getting kind of obsessive when you see an adversary under every rock.

4) Sorry, Romney looks weird to me because he thinks he's wearing Magic Underwear, God told Joseph Smith to have sex with little girls, and he's going to be a God on Planet Kolob in the afterlife.

but I know you guys don't want to talk about his religion. I totally get that.

I think Obama is weird too, but he became President..

I do to, his divide and conquer attitude is pretty strange, it is always someone else's fault, the rich guy, the evil corporation, banks, doctors, insurance companies, he blames Republicans, he blames Bush, interjects into women's and race issues to appear on one side and pitting them against the other. Also his ability not to take responsibility for anything and then thinking he is one of the top three Presidents? The ego and all, very weird.

1) You are were acting as if he were and as if you could speak for millions. You did and you won't.

2) You have accomplished nothing in life that allows you to do more than give your own opinion.

3) Your homophobic remarks reveal that you don't know what you are talking about, so you try to insult.

4) I think you are weird because you are so cheese-holed headed that you are an atheist.

5) Rather have a LDS, or a Buddhist, or a Hindu before having an atheist in office.

Just sayin.

Forum List

Back