🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Is Mitt Romney So Incredibly Weird?

First, you are whitewashing past Republican Presidential candidates for supposedly standing up to the crazies. That's why Reagan gave his first speech after becoming the nominee in Philadelphia MS and Bush II spoke at Bob Jones University, right? I mean, we could go on and on, but you get the point.

Wow. Seriously. Reagan gave a speech in MS? Really? I didn't know we threw MS out of the Union for being too mean.

It should be pointed out after Bush II spoke at Bob Jones, (where John McCain also kissed their ring), they immediately dropped their weird ban on interracial dating. So I would call that standing up to the nutters.

The GOP grand strategy also includes pitting the more well off against the less well off, in other words, getting people at one rung on the ladder to blame the people below them for their problems.

That would be a good point if you hadn't gotten the wrong political party.

Typical "yeah but" response again. I can do it too; gee...according to one thread here, we spent 40K a day protecting Newt Gingrich. Waste. The man was never going to be President. We wasted billions in Iraq that just disappeared and did not shorten the war at all. We paid to have Bush land on an aircraft carrier when he could have walked on the next day. We paid to have a sign made that said, "Mission Accomplished" then were there for 9 more years.

Waste knows no Party.

"Yeah but" gets you nowhere.

I'm very comfortable with the discussion of the President's v. Romney's personal finances. Bring it on.

Yeah but..I was no happier with the waste of tax money under the Bush administration than I am under the Obama administration. You on the other hand seem to think that as long as SOME of the money is used for "good" things, then the government wasting money isn't a big deal. Just standard operating procedure and when the government figures out it has wasted so much money that they can't afford to meet their current obligations,certain segments of the population should be fine with sending them more.

As to the topic of tax shelters, I contend that it is complete hypocrisy to suggest that there is anything wrong with Mitt Romney following legal tax laws to lower his tax bill unless you are willing to find the same fault with Obama for following legal tax laws to lower his own tax liabilities. And please, try to address the topic this time.

Nothing is wrong with Mitt taking advantage of tax laws at all. Nothing at all. The optics , however do not look that favorably for Mitt when you consider stashing your money all over the world instead of at the bank at Main Street USA where it could be lent out to others. Perfectly legal; politically stupid.

Yeah, keep bringing it up. Please do.

I don't like the waste any more than you do. But one has to wonder why you brought it up in the context of "Well, the government is just going to waste it anyway so no one should pay taxes.".

Then took the money congress appropriated--1/2 is controlled by the GOP literally and de-facto both houses are controlled by the GOP when one considers the filibuster usage both parties have done in the recent past in the Senate--and Said Obama is wasting it. You're either completely ignorant of the Constitution or basically dishonest.

Which one would you like added to your resume next to your political ineptness. Tell me please and stay on the subject.

LMAO.. De-facto controlled Congress? Good lord at the excuses you guys won't make to try to defend this administrations waste of taxpayer dollars as well as the seeming pay offs to Obama campaign bundlers. Obama had a Democrat controlled House AND Senate when he passed his 800 Billion dollar stimulus bill which gave billions to Obama campaign donors businesses. The majority of Obama's spending occurred during the two years the Democrats controlled both houses and you think we should blame someone other than Obama for that?
You are correct that I think that reducing the amount of taxes sent to this government would be an excellent idea. If they have less, perhaps they would learn to prioritize. I believe it's time for American taxpayers to stop enabling corruption.

Transparently Corrupt: Links between Obama

If you want talk about the "optics of the situation"? If I'm looking at the two candidates, I see one guy that diversified his holdings possibly to lower his tax bill while proclaiming that he'd like to see other people have to pay less of their income in taxes. I see the other also lowering his own tax bill, but loudly proclaiming that people should pay more in taxes. I see one hypocrite there.

Romney Will get a bump in the polls after the convention and will be buried by the time the debates are over

You really think Barry's going to tear it up in the debates this time? Sorry, Winger but last time he HAD no record to examine and was running on vague promises of "Hope & Change". Now people understand what hope and change mean and if he tries to do the vague thing again it's going to go over like a lead balloon.

Obama hasn't had a solution to our economic woes for well over two YEARS now. Between you and I...I don't have the faintest idea why he even WANTS another four years. If he gets that second term it's just going to cement his legacy as the man who was woefully over his head with the job he was given. If he lost after one term he might be able to bullshit some folks into buying the whole GOP obstruction thing he's been pedaling. When he hasn't submitted a real buget in six years people are going to be pointing and laughing at him.

Obama is perfectly willing to run on his record........stopping a depression, saving the auto companies, repealing DADT, Obamacare, ending the war in Iraq..........killing OBL

Romney can run on Romneycare, how he intends to repeal middle class tax breaks and further cut taxes on the wealthy

Then why doesn't he and others that support him start stupid threads like this, instead of running on his record?

Romney will be at least five points ahead of Obama by GOP convention time then will sky rocket.

Keep wafflin and twitchin.

Guy, look at the graph. Romney has run consistantly behind Obama by about 4 point on average for the last two years...

People don't like Romney. Republicans don't even really like him. And by and large, Americans don't vote for people they don't like personally.

This is a truism.

Polls only count on election day, if you are so confident of Obama and his record, why slam Romney for stupid crap.

I still can't get over Romney telling college students to borrow money from their parents. There are probably many parents who would like to borrow some of their kid's student loan money. Truly unbelievable...

Now, a top Romney aide is trying to say the auto bailout was Romney's idea.

that offended your sensitive sensibilities?
petty

What offends me is Romney's dishonesty.

Let's take the Auto Bailout as an example.

2008. After dropping huge amounts of money in Iowa (which he lost to Huckabee) and New Hampshire (which he lost to McCain), Mittens went to Michigan and said he'd do anything, just anything to save the Auto Industry, including having the Federal Government write them a huge blank check. and it worked, he won Michigan and stayed alive until Super Tuesday.

Then the Auto Industry really needed a bailout. It was the first thing on President-elect Obama's plate. And along comes Mitt Romney, being against something because Obama is for it, saying we should let them go bankrupt, screw the UAW (which had already made huge concessions to keep GM afloat) and denouncing what a bad idea it was. And this was his position pretty much since then.

Except now he needs to play in Michigan in order to be really competitive, so now he's saying he was all for the Bailout now that GM is saved and it's popular.

He shiftd in the wind like a weather-vane, while Obama, love him or hate him, made the hard decisions.

Incidently, I think there were some things in the bailout that weren't such good ideas, not the least of which was polishing the Chrysler Turd so the Italians would buy it. But it did save millions of jobs.

Sort of like the hypocrisy of the left, crying about Romney laying people of and shipping jobs overseas, then as soon as the government owns Chrysler and GM, they cut dealerships, laid off workers, sold one company off to a overseas company and now GM is planning on making cars overseas and shipping to the U.S.

You really think Barry's going to tear it up in the debates this time? Sorry, Winger but last time he HAD no record to examine and was running on vague promises of "Hope & Change". Now people understand what hope and change mean and if he tries to do the vague thing again it's going to go over like a lead balloon.

Obama hasn't had a solution to our economic woes for well over two YEARS now. Between you and I...I don't have the faintest idea why he even WANTS another four years. If he gets that second term it's just going to cement his legacy as the man who was woefully over his head with the job he was given. If he lost after one term he might be able to bullshit some folks into buying the whole GOP obstruction thing he's been pedaling. When he hasn't submitted a real buget in six years people are going to be pointing and laughing at him.

Obama is perfectly willing to run on his record........stopping a depression, saving the auto companies, repealing DADT, Obamacare, ending the war in Iraq..........killing OBL

Romney can run on Romneycare, how he intends to repeal middle class tax breaks and further cut taxes on the wealthy

Then why doesn't he and others that support him start stupid threads like this, instead of running on his record?

You still haven't figured out this message board have you?

[

Sort of like the hypocrisy of the left, crying about Romney laying people of and shipping jobs overseas, then as soon as the government owns Chrysler and GM, they cut dealerships, laid off workers, sold one company off to a overseas company and now GM is planning on making cars overseas and shipping to the U.S.

I think there's a major difference between making a company viable, and just looting the shit out of it to turna quick buck, which is the difference between the bailout and most of what Bain did to people.

I should also point out that GM has made cars overseas for years, and buy most of their components from overseas suppliers.

Point was, without the bailout, GM and Chrysler would have gone under, and millions would have lost their jobs.

But now that it worked, the Weird Mormon Robot wants to take credit, He was for it before he was against it before he was for it again.

Romney will be at least five points ahead of Obama by GOP convention time then will sky rocket.

Keep wafflin and twitchin.

Guy, look at the graph. Romney has run consistantly behind Obama by about 4 point on average for the last two years...

People don't like Romney. Republicans don't even really like him. And by and large, Americans don't vote for people they don't like personally.

This is a truism.

Polls only count on election day, if you are so confident of Obama and his record, why slam Romney for stupid crap.

I slam Romney because he's an evil scumbag....

No, he's not, and you are only showing your stupidity for making such a comment.

You are the only flip flopper here, JoeB, as we all laughed watching you go from GOP candidate to candidate trying to drum up support for anybody but Romney.

Why?

Because Romney is going to trounce Obama, and by extion, you. That is not evit, that is just smart.

You are the only flip flopper here, JoeB, as we all laughed watching you go from GOP candidate to candidate trying to drum up support for anybody but Romney.

Why?

Because Romney is going to trounce Obama, and by extion, you. That is not evit, that is just smart.

Hey, guy weren't you the one going on about spelling errors yesterday? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm against Romney because Romney is evil. No other reason, and I made that clear all along, guy.

I don't worry about idealogy so much, because, hey, they all end up governing from the center anyway.

Nope, you were the one going on about spelling errors. Either you, or TGG. Doesn't matter.

Romney is not evil, but you are.

You are the flip flopper going from candidate to candidate, knowing MR is going to knock your candidate out in November. We can laugh together about it then. :lol:

Nope, you were the one going on about spelling errors. Either you, or TGG. Doesn't matter.

You are the flip flopper going from candidate to candidate, knowing MR is going to knock your candidate out in November. We can laugh together about it then. :lol:

Romney is disliked by Republicans.

Name the last time Americans elected someone they really didn't like?

And this is before the Media starts carpet bombing him with "Mormons are Weird" and "Poor Ampad Worker" stories.

If you knew shit about me, instead of pretending to know shit about me, you'd know I don't spell police. I guess that's how you process when you're 50 but you act like you're 15.

well, at least your admitting your part of an evil system.

Dude, capitalism isn't evil, but bigotry and wishing violence upon others are.

Never wished- or inflicted - violence on anyone who didn't have it coming.

Just that some people really don't understand anything else.

It seems to me that only someone who doesn't "understand anything else" would make such a statement.

When you say you think people should be beaten for crossing picket lines, or that fired workers should be allowed to use baseball bats on their ex-bosses with impunity, you're wishing violence upon others.

And it's despicable.

Just like being a bigot.

Forum List

Back