Why is the Birther Movement called "racist"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it racist to question whether Obama was indeed born in the US or not?

I dont see how questioning someone's credentials makes someone racist, just because the person is black. I would still like to see Obama's college application and transcripts, which he has refused to reveal for the last eight years.

Maybe because the first and only black president's validity is being challenged in a way that no other president has ever been.

Wrong.....John McCain's citizenship was challenged moron.......he was born in the Canal Zone when his father was in the military...and morons like you challenged his ability to be President......then you morons forgot about that when obama came along...

I did no such thing.
You're going to have to link to that. It is well known that McCain is a veteran and was POW. I don't recall anyone questioning his citizenship.
You need to get out of that bubble you're living in then, it happened and was all the rage for liberal wackadoodles for months.

Link it.
Here is just some of the google hits:

John McCain's Presidential Eligibility - FactCheck.org
FactCheck.org › 2008/02 › john-mccains...
Feb 25, 2008 - This has led to speculation as to whether McCain is a U.S. citizen and whether he ...
There was a very real 'birther' debate about John McCain - The ...
Washington Post › the-fix › 2016/01/07
Jan 7, 2016 - McCain is undoubtedly acitizen. He was born on Aug. 29, 1936, in the Panama ...
McCain's Birth Abroad Stirs Legal Debate - Washington Post
Washington Post › Politics
May 2, 2008 - The Senate has unanimously declared John McCain a natural-borncitizen, eligible to be president of ...

People also ask

What does it mean to be a natural born citizen of the United States?

Do you have to be born in the United States to be president?

Is Ted Cruz a natural born citizen of the United States?

What hospital was John Mccain born in?

A Citizen, but 'Natural Born'? McCain's Eligibility to Be President
The New York Times › politics › 11mccain
Jul 11, 2008 - In the most detailed study yet of John McCain's eligibility, a law professor has ...
Natural-born-citizen clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Natural-born-citizen_...
Status as a natural- born citizen of the United States is one ...... His eligibility wasquestioned in a New York Tribune article, because he was ...
Constitutional provisions · ‎Rationale· ‎Constitutional Convention
Was McCain born in the USA? | PolitiFact
PolitiFact › truth-o-meter › article › may
May 12, 2008 - Google McCain and "natural born citizen" and you get 70,000 hits. In the Web pages ...
McCain's citizenship called into question - NBC Nightly News with ...
NBC News › mccains-citizenship-called-q...
Feb 29, 2008 - Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and his advisers are doing their best to brush aside ...

Why is it racist to question whether Obama was indeed born in the US or not?

I dont see how questioning someone's credentials makes someone racist, just because the person is black. I would still like to see Obama's college application and transcripts, which he has refused to reveal for the last eight years.

If you have to ask...

The media hacks keep telling everyone that anybody who questioned whether Obama was truly born in the US, has to be a racist. I don't understand why.

True.....his mother traveled out of the country a lot, and his father was an actual citizen of Kenya...thinking that he may have been born outside the United States wasn't really out of the realm of possibility...

Barack Obama Jr.'s mother didn't leave the United States until she married her second husband. She lived on an island- with no easy way to go to another country- let alone the several day trip to Kenya in 1961.

Now Eisenhower was born just 200 miles from the Mexican border- and didn't even get a birth certificate when he was born- he didn't get a birth certificate until he was in his 50's- and that was on the say so of his older brother- who was 2 years old when he was born.

LOL

We have more evidence that Barack Obama Jr. was born in the United States than we have for any other President or candidate- yet still Birthers are birthing.
The whole thing was dumb. It wouldn't matter if he was born in Kenya anyway, his mother was an american citizen and that would make him also a citizen.

That's exactly why I believe it has more to do with race because dopes like Trump are still using it. It's a dog whistle and every time it's mentioned, it's a nod to those who who don't see a black president as valid.
Trump is just being Trump. Obama is currently stumping for Hillary and talking shit about Trump....so Trump is just talking shit back.

Yeah ,sure. With a wink and a nod after two terms of Obama.

The media hacks keep telling everyone that anybody who questioned whether Obama was truly born in the US, has to be a racist. I don't understand why.
Well, it's obvious .....

They questioned John McCain's citizenship ...

They questioned Ted Cruz's citizenship ....

They questioned Barak Obama's citizenship ...

CLEARLY, that's racist!!

True.....his mother traveled out of the country a lot, and his father was an actual citizen of Kenya...thinking that he may have been born outside the United States wasn't really out of the realm of possibility...

Barack Obama Jr.'s mother didn't leave the United States until she married her second husband. She lived on an island- with no easy way to go to another country- let alone the several day trip to Kenya in 1961.

Now Eisenhower was born just 200 miles from the Mexican border- and didn't even get a birth certificate when he was born- he didn't get a birth certificate until he was in his 50's- and that was on the say so of his older brother- who was 2 years old when he was born.

LOL

We have more evidence that Barack Obama Jr. was born in the United States than we have for any other President or candidate- yet still Birthers are birthing.
The whole thing was dumb. It wouldn't matter if he was born in Kenya anyway, his mother was an american citizen and that would make him also a citizen.

That's exactly why I believe it has more to do with race because dopes like Trump are still using it. It's a dog whistle and every time it's mentioned, it's a nod to those who who don't see a black president as valid.
Trump is just being Trump. Obama is currently stumping for Hillary and talking shit about Trump....so Trump is just talking shit back.

Yeah ,sure. With a wink and a nod after two terms of Obama.
Oh wahhh....who actually cares?

Maybe because the first and only black president's validity is being challenged in a way that no other president has ever been.

Wrong.....John McCain's citizenship was challenged moron.......he was born in the Canal Zone when his father was in the military...and morons like you challenged his ability to be President......then you morons forgot about that when obama came along...

I did no such thing.
You're going to have to link to that. It is well known that McCain is a veteran and was POW. I don't recall anyone questioning his citizenship.
You need to get out of that bubble you're living in then, it happened and was all the rage for liberal wackadoodles for months.

Link it.
Here is just some of the google hits:

John McCain's Presidential Eligibility - FactCheck.org
FactCheck.org › 2008/02 › john-mccains...
Feb 25, 2008 - This has led to speculation as to whether McCain is a U.S. citizen and whether he ...
There was a very real 'birther' debate about John McCain - The ...
Washington Post › the-fix › 2016/01/07
Jan 7, 2016 - McCain is undoubtedly acitizen. He was born on Aug. 29, 1936, in the Panama ...
McCain's Birth Abroad Stirs Legal Debate - Washington Post
Washington Post › Politics
May 2, 2008 - The Senate has unanimously declared John McCain a natural-borncitizen, eligible to be president of ...

People also ask

What does it mean to be a natural born citizen of the United States?

Do you have to be born in the United States to be president?

Is Ted Cruz a natural born citizen of the United States?

What hospital was John Mccain born in?

A Citizen, but 'Natural Born'? McCain's Eligibility to Be President
The New York Times › politics › 11mccain
Jul 11, 2008 - In the most detailed study yet of John McCain's eligibility, a law professor has ...
Natural-born-citizen clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia › wiki › Natural-born-citizen_...
Status as a natural- born citizen of the United States is one ...... His eligibility wasquestioned in a New York Tribune article, because he was ...
Constitutional provisions · ‎Rationale· ‎Constitutional Convention
Was McCain born in the USA? | PolitiFact
PolitiFact › truth-o-meter › article › may
May 12, 2008 - Google McCain and "natural born citizen" and you get 70,000 hits. In the Web pages ...
McCain's citizenship called into question - NBC Nightly News with ...
NBC News › mccains-citizenship-called-q...
Feb 29, 2008 - Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and his advisers are doing their best to brush aside ...

Thanks.
I knew there were questions but I challenge people who make statements without sources. I appreciate the honest effort to link it.

Now, there were questions about McCain but he had the entirety of the Senate backing him up which ended that rather quickly. Why do you suppose that even after two terms that question still dogs Obama?

Because if Obama were white, no one would question his nationality.

Btw I don't remember you giving me your definition of 'Islamophobia'. Cat got your tongue?

I believe I did gave you a definition of Islamophobia. Or perhaps I replied to someone else who asked the same question . I don't remember. You conservatives are all the same to me I get confused.

I look back at my posts and send it to you.
So all those that opposed the ideology of Nazism as most now oppose Islamism, are racists?

I already replied to Brymr about islamaphobia On a different thread if you would like to see the reply, see the quote below.

Someone who discriminates against someone who is Muslim. Criticizing Islam in itself doesn't make you islamaphobic because people are free to be critical of any and all religions. But the folks who to discriminate against the individuals who identify themselves as Muslims are islamaphobic.
But
Perhaps a more correct term would be Muslimphobic.

Well what does Snopes say? LOL(still working on how Birthers used that time machine in 2008 to find out about the brochure in 2012)

Birthers- sure not all Birthers are racists- but it isn't a coincidence that so many racists like you are Birthers.

Promotional Booklet

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."
Yeah and those folks are lying to cover for Ovomit the wannabe Kenyan. How the hell would they get the idea he was from Kenya if he never even mentioned it to them, huh?

Of course- you 'know' they are liars.....because you disagree with them.......LOL....you are a good Birther!

Promotional Booklet

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

You want me to speculate how someone could make a mistake?

I mean how could anyone accidentally put down that Barack Obama was born in Kenya.........when his father- Barack Obama- was born in Kenya.......LOL
I don't buy it. And either way, he knew it was out there and did not a thing to fix it....that speaks to him purposely being deceptive. He wanted to be seen as Kenyan....the people who compiled the client list are covering for him. You can't prove otherwise and it's a hell of a lot more likely than just a mistake of mixing his father up with him. It says his father was a Kenyan and he was born in Kenya....he lied, guaranteed. I'd like to see if he did the same when signing up for college to get special treatment.

'he lied, guaranteed'- because that is what you have to belief- despite absolutely no evidence to support your claim.

Hell- you were the one who 'cited' Snopes- and when I posted what Snopes had- now you claim those are lies- lol

You were the one who started off the stupid claim that Birtherism started with Barack Obama- with a pamphlet that Birthers didn't hear about until 2012- 4 years after they started Birthing.

And who was he trying to fool- when he repeatedly told every interviewer he was born in Hawaii?

New York Times, February 6, 1990 - daily circulation- 1,586,757- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, February 7, 1990- daily circulation 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Washington Post, February 8, 1990- daily circulation 507.615- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, May 3, 1990-- daily circulation 15,190- Obama born in Hawaii

Columbia Today, Fall 1990- Obama born in Hawaii

Obscure promotional pamphlet says Obama born in Kenya- 1991

Chicago Magazine, January 1993- circulation 165,000- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, Feb 10, 1993- 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Los Angeles Times, August 7, 1995- daily circulation 605,243 - Obama born in Hawaii

"Dreams from My Father" 1995- millions of copies sold - Obama born in Hawaii

Barack Obama State Senate Webpage, October 1, 1999 - Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, January 22, 2003- 15,190 - Obama born in Hawaii

Time Magazine, June 24, 2004- circulation 3,276.882 - Obama born in Hawaii
I have circumstantial evidence. He never tried to fix the mistake, he has sealed his college records, he most likely lied and so did the company he was a 'client' of when they covered for him because....well he was a paying client in good standing with them.

There's plenty of circumstantial evidence to say it is fair to come to the conclusion he and the company are both liars.

You have no 'evidence' of anything
  • "he never tried to fix the mistake"- there is no evidence Barack Obama ever noticed it- this was an obscure brochure that Birthers didn't find for 4 years.
  • Barack Obama has not 'sealed his college records'- no more than Donald Trump has- everyone's college records are 'sealed' they are confidential. And like every President- and like Trump- Obama declined to show his college records.
And by 'he most likely lied'- that is just your political bias coming out. There is absolutely no evidence that either the publisher or Obama lied.

But that never stops Birthers

LOL

Trump chose the crown of King Birther 4 years ago- so he was talking shit then.

Poor Trump- just another gullible Birther.

Well, it's obvious .....

CLEARLY, that's racist!!

LOL- Trump questioned Cruz's- of Latino descent- citizenship- and Obama's- of African descent- but not John McCain's citizenship.

Clearly that means he is racist!

LOL

I wonder when we will ever have a policy debate on these boards. Most of the topics are shit like this nowadays....
Nothing stop you for either starting a policy thread- or refusing to participate in 'shit like this'

I look forward to the day when Birthers stop shitting on the internet.

LOL

Trump chose the crown of King Birther 4 years ago- so he was talking shit then.

Poor Trump- just another gullible Birther.
Him being a birther won't stop him from winning the presidency. Newest LA Times poll:
Screenshot_2016-09-14-09-58-29.png

Well, it's obvious .....

CLEARLY, that's racist!!

LOL- Trump questioned Cruz's- of Latino descent- citizenship- and Obama's- of African descent- but not John McCain's citizenship.

Clearly that means he is racist!

LOL

What an amazing misapplication of logic. It means nothing of the sort.

If you recall, and I'm not sure you were ever aware, the McCain citizenship issue was resolved long before Trump came on the horizon. Obama's was NOT resolved until much later, and Cruz's was current.

You reached WAY too far on this one.

I wonder when we will ever have a policy debate on these boards. Most of the topics are shit like this nowadays....

Frankly, most people here are unqualified to participate in a policy debate. But, that doesn't stop them ... after all, post count is more significant than substantive input.

Yeah and those folks are lying to cover for Ovomit the wannabe Kenyan. How the hell would they get the idea he was from Kenya if he never even mentioned it to them, huh?

Of course- you 'know' they are liars.....because you disagree with them.......LOL....you are a good Birther!

Promotional Booklet

I mean how could anyone accidentally put down that Barack Obama was born in Kenya.........when his father- Barack Obama- was born in Kenya.......LOL
I don't buy it. And either way, he knew it was out there and did not a thing to fix it....that speaks to him purposely being deceptive. He wanted to be seen as Kenyan....the people who compiled the client list are covering for him. You can't prove otherwise and it's a hell of a lot more likely than just a mistake of mixing his father up with him. It says his father was a Kenyan and he was born in Kenya....he lied, guaranteed. I'd like to see if he did the same when signing up for college to get special treatment.

'he lied, guaranteed'- because that is what you have to belief- despite absolutely no evidence to support your claim.

Hell- you were the one who 'cited' Snopes- and when I posted what Snopes had- now you claim those are lies- lol

You were the one who started off the stupid claim that Birtherism started with Barack Obama- with a pamphlet that Birthers didn't hear about until 2012- 4 years after they started Birthing.

And who was he trying to fool- when he repeatedly told every interviewer he was born in Hawaii?

New York Times, February 6, 1990 - daily circulation- 1,586,757- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Tribune, February 7, 1990- daily circulation 414,590- Obama born in Hawaii

Washington Post, February 8, 1990- daily circulation 507.615- Obama born in Hawaii

Chicago Daily Herald, May 3, 1990-- daily circulation 15,190- Obama born in Hawaii

Los Angeles Times, August 7, 1995- daily circulation 605,243 - Obama born in Hawaii

I have circumstantial evidence. He never tried to fix the mistake, he has sealed his college records, he most likely lied and so did the company he was a 'client' of when they covered for him because....well he was a paying client in good standing with them.

There's plenty of circumstantial evidence to say it is fair to come to the conclusion he and the company are both liars.

• "he never tried to fix the mistake"- there is no evidence Barack Obama ever noticed it- this was an obscure brochure that Birthers didn't find for 4 years.
  • Barack Obama has not 'sealed his college records'- no more than Donald Trump has- everyone's college records are 'sealed' they are confidential. And like every President- and like Trump- Obama declined to show his college records.
And by 'he most likely lied'- that is just your political bias coming out. There is absolutely no evidence that either the publisher or Obama lied.

I have no reason not to be skeptical of Obama's as well as the company's truthfulness on this topic.

Frankly, most people here are unqualified to participate in a policy debate. But, that doesn't stop them ... after all, post count is more significant than substantive input.
Where are the policy debate threads? I've yet to see one.

Where are the policy debate threads? I've yet to see one.

There are several of them .... it takes about 5 posts for them to degrade into name calling and childish tantrums. If you don't get them early, you don't get them at all.

I am putting together a comparison of Clinton's position on issues vs. Trump's position on issues - without political commentary. I figure it will be about 4 posts before I'm attacked as an alt-right neo nazi leftist who obviously hates all gays, women, and straight people.

Promotional Booklet

I have no reason not to be skeptical of Obama's as well as the company's truthfulness on this topic.

Of course you don't.

Birthers never let the facts get in the way of their deeply held convictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back