Why is the left so happy about abortions?

So it's better to kill the baby rather than to, for example, send him to live with a better family?
Kill a baby? No. Prevent a fertilized egg from developing into a baby? Yes, rather than force a woman to carry it.

Because otherwise, what does that say about children who live in any sort of dysfunctional family?
They likely suffer more than others. Is it more humane to prevent a fertilized egg from developing into a baby that will suffer more than usual? Yes, if the mother agrees.

A fertilized egg IS a baby. It is not a 9-month-developed baby, but it is still a baby. You're arguing age as though it makes a difference in kind.

This is always the point where lack of education and lack of logic make it impossible to speak rationally to someone.

I think the final call, if an abortion to be allowed, must be based on ALL the factors not just a single one, the life of the embryo or fetus.

Why don't you ever call it a child?
I've raised children. The feel pain, think, and show emotion, even when they are very young. Fertilized eggs don't. Why do you call a fertilized egg a baby or a child?

Because whatever you think with your glands, a fertilized egg is SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING the exact same organism as a birthed baby.

"Baby" and "child" are not defined by your emotional, romantic notions about "pain" and "feelings". Those are the purview of poets, not rational, factual people making designations about who should and shouldn't die.

Aren't we all products of incest.

Jo
If you're going Biblical you're going there without me. I don't think there is a place for religion on this issue.

Who said he was going Biblical? Anthropologically speaking, the rise and spread of humanity would probably have had to involve a certain amount of inbreeding at some point.

Modern geneologists today agree that everyone alive today most probably
Can be traced back to one common
Mother.

Jo

Aren't we all products of incest.

Jo
If you're going Biblical you're going there without me. I don't think there is a place for religion on this issue.

Who said he was going Biblical? Anthropologically speaking, the rise and spread of humanity would probably have had to involve a certain amount of inbreeding at some point.

Modern geneologists today agree that everyone alive today most probably
Can be traced back to one common
Mother.

Jo

Also, we know for a fact that humans originated as small groups of hunter-gatherers, probably nomadic. How likely do you suppose it is that people in such small groups would eventually all be interrelated? Not like you'd have a wide selection when it came time to couple up.

I think the final call, if an abortion to be allowed, must be based on ALL the factors not just a single one, the life of the embryo or fetus.

I've raised children. The feel pain, think, and show emotion, even when they are very young. Fertilized eggs don't. Why do you call a fertilized egg a baby or a child?

Because whatever you think with your glands, a fertilized egg is SCIENTIFICALLY SPEAKING the exact same organism as a birthed baby.

"Baby" and "child" are not defined by your emotional, romantic notions about "pain" and "feelings". Those are the purview of poets, not rational, factual people making designations about who should and shouldn't die.

I always look at it from the standpoint of continuity. At any point after conception
Interruption of the process stops everything that follows.... How can anyone say that the two are not connected?

Jo

I always look at it from the standpoint of continuity. At any point after conception
Interruption of the process stops everything that follows.... How can anyone say that the two are not connected?

Jo

Biologically speaking, we know that at the moment the ovum and sperm fuse, they become a new, living organism, totally distinct from any other organism on the planet. This isn't even remotely in dispute by anyone in the medical and scientific communities. It's scientific fact, and as such, appears in embryology textbooks in college pre-med classes.

And that's the reason why the pro-abortion leadership on the left started convincing their uneducated sheep followers to babble about NON-scientific, poetical BS like "personhood": it has no rational, logical, objective meaning, and therefore the great semi-literate masses were inured against ever being convinced by silly things like facts.

Because biology.

Do you not have a biological FATHER?

What makes HIM your biological father and not anybody else?

If conception makes him your father. . . Why does conception not make YOU his child?

Last edited:
A fertilized egg IS a baby. It is not a 9-month-developed baby, but it is still a baby. You're arguing age as though it makes a difference in kind.

This is always the point where lack of education and lack of logic make it impossible to speak rationally to someone.
My logic tells me there is little difference between a fertilized egg and any other human cell. Neither can think or feel whereas babies can both think an feel. Age makes ALL the difference. You just refuse to see the difference in their kind.

Don't feel too bad, with a little more education and some study of logic and you'll soon be able to speak rationally to anyone.

My logic tells me there is little difference between a fertilized egg and any other human cell. Neither can think or feel whereas babies can both think an feel. Age makes ALL the difference. You just refuse to see the difference in their kind.

Don't feel too bad, with a little more education and some study of logic and you'll soon be able to speak rationally to anyone.

Our fetal HOMICIDE laws already define and recognize "children in the womb " "in ANY stage of development."

Thankfully, your idiotic denials have, for the most part, already been defeated.

Thanks for being such a great foil though!

There are questions that science can't answer. An example would be when is a minor to be treated as an adult? Another example would be what rights should a woman have?

Our fetal HOMICIDE laws already define and recognize "children in the womb " "in ANY stage of development."

Thankfully, your idiotic denials have, for the most part, already been defeated.

Yet our same laws recognize a woman's right to choose.

Yet our same laws recognize a woman's right to choose.

Are our laws installable?

You are just as free to overturn our nation's nearly forty fetal HOMICIDE laws as I am free to challenge Roe and other rulings. Right?

May the most compelling facts and arguments be the thing that wins in the end.

Because biology.

If conception makes him your father. . . Why does conception not make YOU his child?
I'm connect to my father by a microscopic amount of proteins. You can play all the semantic games you choose, that tiny set of DNA proteins has no magic to it. It could neither think nor feel. Removed from that sperm cell would it even be considered to be alive? There were trillions of other sets of proteins that lost the race that night. So what?

You are just as free to overturn our nation's nearly forty fetal HOMICIDE laws as I am free to challenge Roe and other rulings. Right?

I like to think that is what makes our democracy work. I don't wish you luck but neither would I want to stop you from trying.

Because biology.

I'm connect to my father by a microscopic amount of proteins. You can play all the semantic games you choose, that tiny set of DNA proteins has no magic to it. It could neither think nor feel. Removed from that sperm cell would it even be considered to be alive? There were trillions of other sets of proteins that lost the race that night. So what?

Were you or were you not an organism, when you were in the zygote stage of your life?

Biologically speaking, we know that at the moment the ovum and sperm fuse, they become a new, living organism, totally distinct from any other organism on the planet. This isn't even remotely in dispute by anyone in the medical and scientific communities. It's scientific fact, and as such, appears in embryology textbooks in college pre-med classes.

And that's the reason why the pro-abortion leadership on the left started convincing their uneducated sheep followers to babble about NON-scientific, poetical BS like "personhood": it has no rational, logical, objective meaning, and therefore the great semi-literate masses were inured against ever being convinced by silly things like facts.
So killing an ovum or a sperm is perfectly acceptable until they fuse. I guess the fertilized egg is more than the sum of it's parts. Where does that extra something come from? Semantics or the supernatural?

I like to think that is what makes our democracy work. I don't wish you luck but neither would I want to stop you from trying.

Do you agree that (according to our Constitution) a child's right to the equal protections of our laws should begin when their life does?

Or do you think their rights should only begin when the rest of society can not stomach or otherwise justify the denial of their rights anymore?

Were you or were you not an organism, when you were in the zygote stage of your life?
I was. Is there something magical about 'organism'? Amoeba and bacteria are organisms.

So killing an ovum or a sperm is perfectly acceptable until they fuse. I guess the fertilized egg is more than the sum of it's parts. Where does that extra something come from? Semantics or the supernatural?

Because

Biology.

Again.

Think!

A human sperm or an egg cell, un-united, have ONLY a potential to become a human organism.

A human being, even in the zygote stage of their life, already IS one.

I was. Is there something magical about 'organism'? Amoeba and bacteria are organisms.

Are amoeba and bacteria also human organisms with HUMAN biological parents?

Forum List

Back