Why is the left SO opposed to Trump?

Im kind of shocked at the level of gullibility it would take to actually be a Trump supporter.

I reconcile these feelings by seeing that he majority of people think its a big joke, too.
I felt the same way about Obama supporters and now Hillary supporters.

How can anyone be this stupid?
Stupid? You are so funny. LOL.
We are very smart because we are not listening to Trump bullshit.
On the other hand...People listening to Trump without any specifics of how to solve the problem. How stupid is that?

Meet the Liberals Who Think Trump's Good for Democracy

Trump is bringing issues to the front. Liberals do support that. The conservatives could support that.

Campaign finance reform is a bipartisan issue.

Yep. But there are other issues as well.

Such as?

Myth of the STEM shortage, H1B visas, stagnant wages etc. The thing that I find extremely funny is that these are the issues that many of us agree on and if not then a little light can be shed on why these issues are important and then maybe we can agree on them.

That's half the battle.

Still waiting to hear the substance on those issues. As they say the devil is in the details. T-Rump's idea of how to fix them might makes things even worse because he obviously doesn't think things through or understand the legal and diplomatic ramifications of what he is saying.

Right now it is all just "feel good" hot buttons to garner support. I am an Independent. If you want my vote you need to provide feasible and viable solutions. So far T-Rump has come up severely lacking in that respect.

Let me tell you who isn't going to talk about them:
UPDATED: Hillary Rodham Clinton, Melinda Gates, and Chelsea Clinton Join International and Community Leaders for Official Release of the No Ceilings Full Participation Report on Status of Women and Girls

She won't address the issue because of Bill Gates.

Further more, there are not too many people on the board that have considered an issue at all.

I'm still for Bernie Sanders btw.

Last edited:
Trump is wrong on the issues.

He's not a serious candidate.

And he promotes an agenda of ignorance and hate.

He never gives details, he gives these one line solution and then its time do a comedy bit. This guy, understands his base, he understands the type of people who'll support people like Palin and he's using this to his advantage.....ignorant, white, stupid hard up rednecks....who'd vote for a wad of toilet paper as long as its anti everything but conservative white.
ut American Workers First

Decades of disastrous trade deals and immigration policies have destroyed our middle class. Today, nearly 40% of black teenagers are unemployed. Nearly 30% of Hispanic teenagers are unemployed. For black Americans without high school diplomas, the bottom has fallen out: more than 70% were employed in 1960, compared to less than 40% in 2000. Across the economy, the percentage of adults in the labor force has collapsed to a level not experienced in generations. As CBS news wrote in a piece entitled “America’s incredible shrinking middle class”: “If the middle-class is the economic backbone of America, then the country is developing osteoporosis.”

The influx of foreign workers holds down salaries, keeps unemployment high, and makes it difficult for poor and working class Americans – including immigrants themselves and their children – to earn a middle class wage. Nearly half of all immigrants and their US-born children currently live in or near poverty, including more than 60 percent of Hispanic immigrants. Every year, we voluntarily admit another 2 million new immigrants, guest workers, refugees, and dependents, growing our existing all-time historic record population of 42 million immigrants. We need to control the admission of new low-earning workers in order to: help wages grow, get teenagers back to work, aid minorities’ rise into the middle class, help schools and communities falling behind, and to ensure our immigrant members of the national family become part of the American dream.

Additionally, we need to stop giving legal immigrant visas to people bent on causing us harm. From the 9/11 hijackers, to the Boston Bombers, and many others, our immigration system is being used to attack us. The President of the immigration caseworkers union declared in a statement on ISIS: “We've become the visa clearinghouse for the world.”

Here are some additional specific policy proposals for long-term reform:

Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs. We graduate two times more Americans with STEM degrees each year than find STEM jobs, yet as much as two-thirds of entry-level hiring for IT jobs is accomplished through the H-1B program. More than half of H-1B visas are issued for the program's lowest allowable wage level, and more than eighty percent for its bottom two. Raising the prevailing wage paid to H-1Bs will force companies to give these coveted entry-level jobs to the existing domestic pool of unemployed native and immigrant workers in the U.S., instead of flying in cheaper workers from overseas. This will improve the number of black, Hispanic and female workers in Silicon Valley who have been passed over in favor of the H-1B program. Mark Zuckerberg’s personal Senator, Marco Rubio, has a bill to triple H-1Bs that would decimate women and minorities.

Requirement to hire American workers first. Too many visas, like the H-1B, have no such requirement. In the year 2015, with 92 million Americans outside the workforce and incomes collapsing, we need to companies to hire from the domestic pool of unemployed. Petitions for workers should be mailed to the unemployment office, not USCIS.

End welfare abuse. Applicants for entry to the United States should be required to certify that they can pay for their own housing, healthcare and other needs before coming to the U.S.

Jobs program for inner city youth. The J-1 visa jobs program for foreign youth will be terminated and replaced with a resume bank for inner city youth provided to all corporate subscribers to the J-1 visa program.
Immigration Reform

Has anyone noticed how the left has gone from snickering ridicule of Trump to outright caustic animosity in just a few short weeks? Some of our favorite "insane clowns" here are posting some vicious and hostile threads about Trump. Taking every opportunity to run him in the ground any way they can. Looking for any little thing they can jump on and distort or take out of context to try and destroy Trump... even though they maintain he would be the "dream candidate" for the Dems in 2016.

I'm sort of puzzled by this. His positions on the issues are far from "extreme" ...in fact, he is probably one of the most moderate conservatives the base has supported in a long time. How many threads have been posted trying to expose Trump's "liberalism" with former positions he has taken and whatnot? He was a big Clinton supporter, supports universal health care, defends the good things Planned Parenthood does... you'd think the left would be pleased with someone so much in line with what they believe... but they don't seem too happy at all.

In fact, the more he rises in the polls, the more surly and mean they get. I think that it proves nothing is about principle with the left, it's all about political party power. The GOP could literally be nominating the most liberal person in America and the left would be LIVID... doing everything in their power to destroy them because they are running as a Republican and not a Democrat. This is ALL about political power... Above and beyond everything else. It is not about issues or solutions... it's about electing a goddamn Democrat... plain and simple.

Shouldn't democrats be working to get there own people elected. Just saying

When media focuses negatively on a non-dem candidate it means the left is scared.
Trump finances his own campaign and is therefore not beholden to any donors so he says what he wants. That is the appeal.
For Trump, I think it is all about enhancing the brand, even if it lands him in the White House.
He is his own Koch bros/George Soros. Except he is his own middle man politician. No need to buy any politicians because he is his own conduit to government.

Has anyone noticed how the left has gone from snickering ridicule of Trump to outright caustic animosity in just a few short weeks? Some of our favorite "insane clowns" here are posting some vicious and hostile threads about Trump. Taking every opportunity to run him in the ground any way they can. Looking for any little thing they can jump on and distort or take out of context to try and destroy Trump... even though they maintain he would be the "dream candidate" for the Dems in 2016.

I'm sort of puzzled by this. His positions on the issues are far from "extreme" ...in fact, he is probably one of the most moderate conservatives the base has supported in a long time. How many threads have been posted trying to expose Trump's "liberalism" with former positions he has taken and whatnot? He was a big Clinton supporter, supports universal health care, defends the good things Planned Parenthood does... you'd think the left would be pleased with someone so much in line with what they believe... but they don't seem too happy at all.

In fact, the more he rises in the polls, the more surly and mean they get. I think that it proves nothing is about principle with the left, it's all about political party power. The GOP could literally be nominating the most liberal person in America and the left would be LIVID... doing everything in their power to destroy them because they are running as a Republican and not a Democrat. This is ALL about political power... Above and beyond everything else. It is not about issues or solutions... it's about electing a goddamn Democrat... plain and simple.

Opposed? Trump is the best thing that has happened to the Democratic Party in a long time.

I absolutely want Trump to be the face of the Republican Party- I absolutely hope the RNC nominates Trump.

I am saving my caustic comments about Trump until that day happens.

I'm still for Bernie Sanders btw.

:thup:

As an Independent he is the only candidate I have in the running too! :D

Except for trump, the rest of the field look & act like a bunch of goose stepping authoritarians saying and doing stupid shit.

I gather you are referring to your GOP candidates?

While you have gathered correctly in this case, your question suggests you have the unique ability to always arrive at the wrong conclusion

Trying not to be facetious...

The Left is neurotically opposed to Trump because he "proves" through his words and deeds that GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE SOLUTION to all of life's problems, and that the means and methods that the Left wishes to rely upon to lift us up out of the darkness are stupid and doomed to failure. Lefties believe in Government Solutions even more fervently than the most strident of Bible Belt Christians believe in the Bible. To say that people can be responsible for themselves is outrageous heresy to the Left.

Trump also puts a spotlight on the folly of what Big Government keeps telling us, for example, that building a Wall is impossible, or that it's impossible to deport millions of people who live here. This is bullshit; we know it, and he is the only politician who is saying out loud that it's bullshit.

His supposed "support" is a statistical anomaly that will correct itself as the Republican field starts to winnow down to a manageable number. But the other R candidates are well-noting the popularity of some of what he is saying, and they will adopt the tasty morsels that remain when he gets bored with it and leaves.

Consider: He is the best known Republican candidate by far, and 75% of Republicans reject him. If John Kasich, Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, or Bobby Jindal were as well-known to R primary voters, and the total number of candidates were down to three or four, any one of them would be leading him in the polls. In due time, Trump will fade, become discouraged, and drop out.

The irony of course is that the Left challenges Trump's qualifications, while the current holder of the Presidency had never accomplished a damn thing before being elected, and in fact, had never even had a real job, let alone an executive position. Har-de-har-har.

Good post except for the last part:

Obama had demonstrated that he at least cared about folks. It's a matter of some debate whether The Donald had ever shown such concern.

I'll go ahead and re-post this since I guess the OP either missed it or didn't care but I am a liberal. I love the fact that every time Mr. Trump opens his mouth, the chasm in the GOP grows larger. With every insult he makes while representing the GOP by being it's frontrunner alienates another group of voters. Every day he spends in the race makes it more difficult to repair the damage he is doing to a fractured Party. In short, the OP is right on the output but doesn't understand he source code.

Look, politically, his presence (cancer if you will) on the GOP is a blessing.

From the standpoint of our political system, you either get Chocolate of Vanilla. Either the GOP nominee or the Democratic Nominee will be the next President. Lets not kid ourselves. So in our binary world, we likely will either have Hillary Clinton or whomever the GOP nominates. There are a few republicans with whom I feel that I may not like the message they are giving to our allies and trading partners. But I think they will arrive at the message through a prism of what they feel is best for the nation short term and long term. Mr. Trump seems ignorant of the practice of government, and makes a lot of statements that are simply false or at least vague enough to where the truth is ambiguous. Everything from his birther comments to his saying he's not fundraising to his "I beat China all the time" (whatever that means).

As a liberal, I'm delighted he's in the GOP. As an American, his Presidency would worry me greatly.

Im kind of shocked at the level of gullibility it would take to actually be a Trump supporter.

I reconcile these feelings by seeing that he majority of people think its a big joke, too.

The left is opposed to Trump because he's a republican. The left would give any republican the same treatment.

The republican elite is opposed to Trump because they had already chosen Jeb Bush. There's no difference between the democrats annointing Hillary Clinton and the Republicans annointing Jeb Bush. The people on both sides are in full revolt against the entire concept of having a handful of people choose the candidates.
I am more opposed to Bush than I am Trump, and am not in any elite. However, I think the part of your post I bolded is the heart of the matter. It is the major part of Trump's and Sander's appeal. They are not anointed by the elites.

Forum List

Back