Why is the USDA paying for people to get high speed internet?

Seems to only tell half the story. We had been adding manufacturing jobs steadily until about halfway into 2015.

View attachment 258361

And yet when Trump took over, not only did it resume, but at a much steeper incline. Imagine that.

Not that much steeper, but it did resume. Since you are giving Trump credit for it resuming, I assume you give Obama credit for the rise from 2011 to 2015...right? :21::21:

No, because he didn't take any measures to increase those jobs. The private sector did it. DumBama was the most anti-business President in our lifetime.
He tried all kinds of things but the Republicans in the Senate blocked him. D u h a million things they gave up even trying.

Right. It's never a Democrats fault. I guess the Republicans forced him to attack several businesses and even close them down too, right?

Only a Democrat could look into the eyes of Jesus and lie to him.
What businesses did he shut down? Republicans lie so much it's ridiculous and about everything super duper. Hillary is honest ditto Obama holder Lerner nothing there at all. Not a breath of Scandal in the whole Administration except on your garbage propaganda machine. I hear about regulations all the time but nobody can tell me any that made any difference to business.

Last edited:
USDA Opens Application Portal for New ReConnect Rural Broadband Infrastructure Program

These funds will enable the federal government to partner with the private sector and rural communities to build modern broadband infrastructure in areas with insufficient internet service.

Why is this the job of the Fed Govt?????
If it's true that internet providers functioning as public utilities provide customers with ten times the speed as US ISPs at half the monthly cost, why would that be a bad idea?

USDA Opens Application Portal for New ReConnect Rural Broadband Infrastructure Program

These funds will enable the federal government to partner with the private sector and rural communities to build modern broadband infrastructure in areas with insufficient internet service.

If it's true that internet providers functioning as public utilities provide customers with ten times the speed as US ISPs at half the monthly cost, why would that be a bad idea?

Uhhh, because we are now 21 trillion in debt and growing????

And yet when Trump took over, not only did it resume, but at a much steeper incline. Imagine that.

Not that much steeper, but it did resume. Since you are giving Trump credit for it resuming, I assume you give Obama credit for the rise from 2011 to 2015...right? :21::21:

No, because he didn't take any measures to increase those jobs. The private sector did it. DumBama was the most anti-business President in our lifetime.
He tried all kinds of things but the Republicans in the Senate blocked him. D u h a million things they gave up even trying.

Right. It's never a Democrats fault. I guess the Republicans forced him to attack several businesses and even close them down too, right?

What businesses did he shut down? Republicans lie so much it's ridiculous and about everything super duper. Hillary is honest ditto Obama holder Lerner nothing there at all. Lots of breath of Scandal in the whole Administration except on your garbage propaganda machine. I hear about regulations all the time but nobody can tell me any that made any difference to business.

Typical uninformed voter. DumBama closed down mail order cigarettes by the American Indians. He closed down roll-your-own cigarette shops all across the country. He closed down coal fired power plants. When he closed down the Gulf, dozens of businesses had to close down. He closed down car dealerships. And those are just off the top of my head.

Eliminating the profit from providing internet service would not necessarily increase the national debt.
MW-GO672_nation_20180821130954_MG.jpg

Here’s who owns a record $21.21 trillion of U.S. debt

What businesses did he shut down? Republicans lie so much it's ridiculous and about everything super duper. Hillary is honest ditto Obama holder Lerner nothing there at all. Lots of breath of Scandal in the whole Administration except on your garbage propaganda machine. I hear about regulations all the time but nobody can tell me any that made any difference to business.

Typical uninformed voter. DumBama closed down mail order cigarettes by the American Indians. He closed down roll-your-own cigarette shops all across the country. He closed down coal fired power plants. When he closed down the Gulf, dozens of businesses had to close down. He closed down car dealerships. And those are just off the top of my head.
Trivia really. Close down the gulf? He saved general motors and Chrysler.

Eliminating the profit from providing internet service would not necessarily increase the national debt.
MW-GO672_nation_20180821130954_MG.jpg

Here’s who owns a record $21.21 trillion of U.S. debt

Anytime the federal government spends money, they increase the debt. At this point in the game, money should only be spent on absolute necessities and nothing more.

He didn't save shit. Without government, they would have had to file bankruptcy and settle their matters in court the way they always have. The only reason DumBama got involved is because those are union operated plants, and nothing more.

Tax the rich at a higher rate than the rest of us like everyone else in the world and every tax system ever. The ratio of debt 2 GDP is coming down...

Tax the rich at a higher rate than the rest of us like everyone else in the world and every tax system ever. The ratio of debt 2 GDP is coming down...
Perhaps we can stop electing greedy scumbag GOP who always give us a corrupt Great recession or depression that costs all this debt... Obama's debt was basically all averting a full-blown depression.

Perhaps we can stop electing greedy scumbag GOP who always give us a corrupt Great recession or depression that costs all this debt... Obama's debt was basically all averting a full-blown depression.

Bull. It had nothing to do with it. He didn't use one dollar to help anybody but his party. Democrats never do anything to benefit the country. They only do things to benefit themselves.

He didn't save shit. Without government, they would have had to file bankruptcy and settle their matters in court the way they always have. The only reason DumBama got involved is because those are union operated plants, and nothing more.
In the middle of a GOP meltdown is no time to get investment, they just go out of business and cause the rest of the country to go out of business 2. All modern countries took a bath except for Canada. Thanks scumbag GOP and silly tubes like you.

We do tax them at a higher rate than the rest of us. That's why the top 20% contribute 87% of all collected income taxes, and the bottom 45% pay zero in income taxes.

Where I live there is only 1 DSL choice and and no cable, etc. That one DSL provider is the worst. Spotty service, low speeds (the advertise 3MPS but 1MPS is typical IF it doesn't go down which it does throughout the day, each day every day. I have both DSL and Satellite because I run a business but Satellite is expensive and comes with data limits. Yet, I still do not agree with any government edict making everyone else pay for my better internet service. More and more folks are moving to rural areas and already I see some services expanding into these areas.

Where I live there is only 1 DSL choice and and no cable, etc. That one DSL provider is the worst. Spotty service, low speeds (the advertise 3MPS but 1MPS is typical IF it doesn't go down which it does throughout the day, each day every day. I have both DSL and Satellite because I run a business but Satellite is expensive and comes with data limits. Yet, I still do not agree with any government edict making everyone else pay for my better internet service. More and more folks are moving to rural areas and already I see some services expanding into these areas.

And that's exactly it. If a rural area needs or wants this kind of technology, they can pool their own money together and get it themselves if the provider doesn't see the investment as a money making opportunity.

A former coworker of mine lived in a town just outside of the city. As has been discussed, the cable companies didn't see the market in that town. They provided several services in the nearby city. So when enough people wanted it, they put it up for a tax levy vote and passed it. After the city setup the lines and whatever, one company decided to provide service, but like you said, it was expensive and unreliable. But because the infrastructure was there, other companies eventually came along to compete with the substandard expensive company. Now he has more than acceptable service, and options to boot.

That's the way it's supposed to work in this country.

We do tax them at a higher rate than the rest of us. That's why the top 20% contribute 87% of all collected income taxes, and the bottom 45% pay zero in income taxes.
that would be federal income taxes, which is the only thing the brainwashed GOP voters can talk about, our only progressive tax and seems to be there only for propaganda purposes. Other taxes are just as important as federal income taxes- we have a flat system -if they make pay 87% of taxes, it is because they make 87% of income. Which is just about right. Great job GOP.

Bull. It had nothing to do with it. He didn't use one dollar to help anybody but his party. Democrats never do anything to benefit the country. They only do things to benefit themselves.
He was mainly just allowing unemployment and welfare laws to go into effect. Losing 800,000 jobs a month will do that to you. 800 billion dollars a year for four years is three and a half trillion almost... Didn't have to change any laws to do it. You live on an imaginary planet.

And that's exactly it. If a rural area needs or wants this kind of technology, they can pool their own money together and get it themselves if the provider doesn't see the investment as a money making opportunity.

A former coworker of mine lived in a town just outside of the city. As has been discussed, the cable companies didn't see the market in that town. They provided several services in the nearby city. So when enough people wanted it, they put it up for a tax levy vote and passed it. After the city setup the lines and whatever, one company decided to provide service, but like you said, it was expensive and unreliable. But because the infrastructure was there, other companies eventually came along to compete with the substandard expensive company. Now he has more than acceptable service, and options to boot.

That's the way it's supposed to work in this country.
that is how it doesn't work in this country, you mean, super duper. Worst inequality and upward Mobility ever means something. Are you russian too? Seem ridiculously dense... the

that would be federal income taxes, which is the only thing the brainwashed GOP voters can talk about, our only progressive tax and seems to be there only for propaganda purposes. Other taxes are just as important as federal income taxes- we have a flat system -if they make pay 87% of taxes, it is because they make 87% of income. Which is just about right. Great job GOP.

False on every level.

120426-fair-share.gif

False on every level.

View attachment 258431
You dupes can only talk about federal income taxes, it's amazing how brainwashed you are.

Forum List

Back