Why is there only one begotten son of God? Is he you?

Let me add to the question.

If there is only one begotten son, who are the sons of God spoken of in the O.T.?

Who mothered them?

Regards

DL

In the pre-mortal world all the spirits who were begotten spiritually of God were considered his sons and daughters. After coming to this earth and entering into a fallen state, those who chose to follow God were called the sons and daughters of God. Those who didn't were called the sons and daughters of men.

Interesting view.

You are aware that Jesus called himself a son of man way more often than son of God. Right?

"After coming to this earth and entering into a fallen state,"

You seemed to have missed the fact that Satan came out of heaven where she had already fallen before men had.

You skip parts you do not seem to like or do not fit the view you have invented for yourself.

Regards
DL

The reason Jesus called himself the Son of Man is because God the Father is an exalted man.

Moses 6:57
57 Wherefore teach it unto your children, that all men, everywhere, must repent, or they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God, for no unclean thing can dwell there, or dwell in his presence; for, in the language of Adam, Man of Holiness is his name, and the name of his Only Begotten is the Son of Man, even Jesus Christ, a righteous Judge, who shall come in the meridian of time.

When Jesus died and was resurrected, he had a body.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Jesus is in the exact image and likeness of his Father:

Hebrews 1:1-3

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

This is the reason why Jesus taught his disciples that if they had seen him then they had seen the Father.

John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

We were all created in the image of God.

Genesis 1:26
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Latter-day revelation has revealed the nature of God:

Doctrine and Covenants 130:22
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.

Thus when Jesus calls himself the "Son of Man" he is referring to his Father who is the Man of Holiness.

Nothing is holy that has not been named so by people.

People do not know what holy is when calling a genocidal son murderer holy.

Regards
DL

I can explain your perception of the world?

Really. I even have a hard time with that and can use the help.

Do you want to show your skill here or in P M?

Regards
DL

Explaining your perceptions is your job. Not mine.

Cant walk your talk eh?

Why am I not surprised that you cannot back your word with more than hot air.

You might when you grow up child.

Regards
DL

Even for you that is pathetic. You ask

Explain what I see as your immorality

Being a logical creature I respond ....

Explaining your perceptions is your job. Not mine.

You are as bad as that sweaty, greasy looking guy with the too small shirt in that video. Lots of chest beating and no substance.

You have lowered yourself to personal attack because you cannot form an argument against.

What a useless thinker you are.

Regards
DL

I never saw anything to argue against. What you "see as immorality"? Sorry can't help you there.

Forum List

Back