🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why jews were sometimes discriminated in europe?

Could you at least TRY to hide your utter contempt for Jews? After all, you‘ve been bitching that Jews don’t allow you to say whatever offensive thing comes into your mind, and then you come up with an antisemitic slap like that? And then you complain that Jews aren’t nice to Christians?
I don't have contempt for Jews. You have contempt for me. And my patience is wearing thin because of it.

I don't have contempt for Jews. You have contempt for me. And my patience is wearing thin because of it.

I only have contempt for Christians who say Jews acted like asses. And they would deserve contempt for saying such things.

Where on earth do you get that from?
The same usual way others know it when someone has contempt for them. How they are treated and shown respect. Are you seriously telling me you can't tell when someone has contempt for you?

Where on earth do you get that from?
You can’t really argue with someone like him whose bigotry influences his judgment. He’s complained about how Jews treat Christians, which is sad considering the tragedies and antisemitism Jews have faced at the hands of Christians. Jews have done nothing to deserve such contempt.

It’s really sad how much disdain that guy has for Jews, who never did a thing to hurt him.

A
{...
Se·mit·ic
[səˈmidik]

ADJECTIVE
  1. relating to or denoting a family of languages that includes Hebrew, Arabic, and Aramaic and certain ancient languages such as Phoenician and Akkadian, constituting the main subgroup of the Afro-Asiatic family.
  2. relating to the peoples who speak Semitic languages, especially Hebrew and Arabic.
    ...}

Also Amharic and Syriac.

I only have contempt for Christians who say Jews acted like asses. And they would deserve contempt for saying such things.
And I'm sure you believe that too. We all have idealized views of ourselves.

But putting that aside are you telling me that you let other people control your behavior?

But putting that aside are you telling me that you let other people control your behavior?
Sorry. You already said Jews act like asses. I don’t engage with antisemites.

Jews don't believe in Turn The Other cheek when a good ass whooping in called for.

Jews don't believe in Turn The Other cheek when a good ass whooping in called for.
I don’t even get that antisemite. I gave a long list of horrible, Jew-hating things some Christians have done to me and my family (like walk into our house uninvited and blow out our Shabbos candles, and key J E W across our brand new car), and he comes out with….well Jews don’t treat Christians well. I asked him specifically what have Jews ever done to him, and….radio silence.

He apparently doesn’t like when a Jew complains when a Christian perpetrates a hate crime against him or her, or when a Jew asks a Christian to stop evangelizing them.

I don’t even get that antisemite. I gave a long list of horrible, Jew-hating things some Christians have done to me and my family (like walk into our house uninvited and blow out our Shabbos candles, and key J E W across our brand new car), and he comes out with….well Jews don’t treat Christians well. I asked him specifically what have Jews ever done to him, and….radio silence.

He apparently doesn’t like when a Jew complains when a Christian perpetrates a hate crime against him or her, or when a Jew asks a Christian to stop evangelizing them.

Why on earth did someone walk into your house? Did you call the police? How do you know they're Christians?

Wow. That's some narrative you have there.

Why on earth did someone walk into your house? Did you call the police? How do you know they're Christians?
They were the boys down the street, who were enrolled in the local Catholic School. My parents were at Friday night Shabbos services, and I was at home alone - and in those days we didn’t lock the door until we went to sleep. I was sitting on the sofa, and the door opened, and in walked these two nasty boys who were always insulting me for being Jewish.

I was actually scared they were going to rape me (I was about 13 or 14), but instead they walked straight into the kitchen, blew out the candles as I was watching, and said “that’s what we think about your fucking religion.”

I never told my parents, because I knew the boys’ parents would punish them, and those boys would make my life even more of a living hell. So I relit the candles (a BIG no-no to light once Shabbos starts), and I never told them.

They were the boys down the street, who were enrolled in the local Catholic School. My parents were at Friday night Shabbos services, and I was at home alone - and in those days we didn’t lock the door until we went to sleep. I was sitting on the sofa, and the door opened, and in walked these two nasty boys who were always insulting me for being Jewish.

I was actually scared they were going to rape me (I was about 13 or 14), but instead they walked straight into the kitchen, blew out the candles as I was watching, and said “that’s what we think about your fucking religion.”

I never told my parents, because I knew the boys’ parents would punish them, and those boys would make my life even more of a living hell. So I relit the candles (a BIG no-no to light once Shabbos starts), and I never told them.

My God, that's awful.

Forum List

Back