Why Man Could Not Have Created Christianity

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
What man would create a religion that frowns on promiscuity and promotes monogamy?

What man would create a religion that frowns on promiscuity and promotes monogamy?
One who wants to control women, and relegate them to property. If you'll notice, the bible doesn't actually promote monogamy, nor "frown upon" promiscuity. It only does so for women. Out of 613 laws, the only ones that regulate the actions of men is to dictate that men who "take the maidenhood" of women must pay the "bride price" to the woman's father. The inclusion of men in the "don't fuck other people" rules is actually a relatively recent (compared to a 6,000 year history of Abrahamic religions) development, and only two of the three include men in the rules.

True. Rule enshrining monogamy and marriage protect women not men. Feminists say they are liberating women as they make them slabs of meat for men to enjoy.

One who wants to control women, and relegate them to property. If you'll notice, the bible doesn't actually promote monogamy, nor "frown upon" promiscuity. It only does so for women. Out of 613 laws, the only ones that regulate the actions of men is to dictate that men who "take the maidenhood" of women must pay the "bride price" to the woman's father. The inclusion of men in the "don't fuck other people" rules is actually a relatively recent (compared to a 6,000 year history of Abrahamic religions) development, and only two of the three include men in the rules.

It was a joke, but, that being said, the Bible indicates throughout the New Testament that God prefers monogamy and, even, originally created one man and one woman

I mean, wouldn't most men who created a religion have written about Adam, Eve, Scarlett, Jennifer and Beyonce?

True. Rule enshrining monogamy and marriage protect women not men. Feminists say they are liberating women as they make them slabs of meat for men to enjoy.
I think you, and I have two very different definitions of the word "protect". What the rules "protect" is a man's authority over women, and their complete dependence on men. I don't know too many women that would feel very "protected" by that attitude.

It was a joke, but, that being said, the Bible indicates throughout the New Testament that God prefers monogamy and, even, originally created one man and one woman

I mean, wouldn't most men who created a religion have written about Adam, Eve, Scarlett, Jennifer and Beyonce?

Man was cool tooling around until Eve came along and fucked him up.

Again, the New Testament does no such thing. It speaks very little, if at all, about monogamy. And all of the admonitions against adultery were directed towards women, not men.

I think you, and I have two very different definitions of the word "protect". What the rules "protect" is a man's authority over women, and their complete dependence on men. I don't know too many women that would feel very "protected" by that attitude.

Not knowing too many women will give you that attitude.

Which is very much like the muslim view on "protecting" women. All those patriarchal religions are doing no favors to women.

Honestly, what planet are you from? Please notify us when you come to live on planet earth and cohabitate with humanity in our known world.

Again, the New Testament does no such thing. It speaks very little, if at all, about monogamy. And all of the admonitions against adultery were directed towards women, not men.
"You shall not commit adultery"

Here on planet earth we fail to see any segment of mankind immune from this commandment.

Not knowing too many women will give you that attitude.
No, but lot's of men do, and the Abrahamic religions encourage men to take that attitude.

Yes that is why they all had many wife's and concubines. He only wanted fidelity to himself, not other gods.

Here on planet earth we fail to see any segment of mankind immune from this commandment.
Really? So, you can point out to me the penalties in the 613 laws for men being promiscuous? Because I can certainly indicate, chapter, and verse, the penalties for women doing so.

Man was cool tooling around until Eve came along and fucked him up.
Nah cause it says God saw he was lonely or needed help. I guess he could have just sent down another guy, a tv and a case of Bud Light....

Specs for church leaders called for a man with one wife. If multples were no problem, why was it an issue?

Really? So, you can point out to me the penalties in the 613 laws for men being promiscuous? Because I can certainly indicate, chapter, and verse, the penalties for women doing so.
Here on planet earth Christianity lists no laws, let alone 613 of them.

Forum List

Back