Why no cameras for press briefings?

The only reason I can think of is they are trying to limit the amount of people who are tuning in by only allowing the press to play the audio recordings. Does anybody know the White Houses rationale for this or have any other theories?
russians.jpg

Freedom of speech, yes it is in the same arena.. Limit the press, limit speech, limit ones ability to ask hard questions... not cool in my book. We have Libel and Slander laws, i'm fine with enforcing those. Outside of that I don't think the Feds should be shutting down reporters. That is a dangerous road. But you have every right to support it if you want.

Apparently you do not understand slander and libel laws. They do not apply to public figures.

They do when malice is proven, I think that would be easy to prove.

Really? When was the last time that one of those cases was not thrown out of court for the very reason I stated?

6 most successful celebrity libel and slander cases

There are many more out there.

Not quite following the conversation here, but who here thinks the Republicans want to see their agenda diverted with a 12-18 months long court case? I know the Democrats would looooove it!

The discussion is not whether or not to file a case, but would Trump prevail. I think he could.

What's the point of having cameras if the mainstream media is just going to doctor the footage to fabricate the news?
When has that happened? Please show examples. The major networks have been airing the pressers in their entirety from what I've seen

These are supposed to be grown men and women if at this point in their lives a code of conduct needs to be implemented to get them to act like grown ups we have bigger problems than limiting exposure.
I don't think we need a code of conduct, I think the press has every right to press the WH. If they can't take the scrutiny then grow some balls and deal with it. Do better answering questions or get somebody who can control the room better. Don't run and hide by turning of cameras and holding less briefings

The problem you are apparently ignoring is the grandstanding.

Fox News asks a question and their reporter is on camera and their reporter is on the news.

ABC News asks another question and their reporter is on camera and on the news.

CBS News asks the same question as Fox with a negative spin and their reporter is on camera and their reporter is on the news

MSNBC asks the same question as ABC and their reporter is on camera and their reporter is on the news.

CNN asks the same question as CBS and their reporter is on camera and their reporter is on the news.

That is how it goes.

2 questions and 20 minutes later....
So what?

You have no problem with that kind of bullshit grandstanding? I guess you are the problem.
Explain yourself... What is your issue exactly?

The entire press briefing consists of an unending series of a few questions being reworded and reporters taking turns getting on camera.

It gets old!

Surely they have better things to do!

Er..not the same. You still don't get it. I'm beginning to think you, like most of your brethren, are mentally incapacitated.
Freedom of speech, yes it is in the same arena.. Limit the press, limit speech, limit ones ability to ask hard questions... not cool in my book. We have Libel and Slander laws, i'm fine with enforcing those. Outside of that I don't think the Feds should be shutting down reporters. That is a dangerous road. But you have every right to support it if you want.

Apparently you do not understand slander and libel laws. They do not apply to public figures.

If there is malice, let it be proven. The fact remains that Trump hurts his own agenda with his Tweets. It makes him look petty, spiteful and overly emotional. His base will continue to support him, but his favorability numbers speak for themselves. His fans can scream "fake news" all they like, but the November 2018 elections will come as big a shock to them as the November 2016 was to Hillary fans.

American voters are not as fucking stupid as the partisan assholes want us to believe.

Malice is easily proven. Look at all the doctors these networks have hired to break every medical ethic in the book to express opinions on a person they've never examined or even met. Not only is that medical malpractice, but it demonstrates clear malice on the part of the networks.

They would not stand up in court. Otherwise, they would be pursued.

Jerry Falwell once sued Larry Flynt for accusing him of having sex with his mother. Pretty cut and dried case of malice, right?

The case was thrown out.

What's the point of having cameras if the mainstream media is just going to doctor the footage to fabricate the news?
When has that happened? Please show examples. The major networks have been airing the pressers in their entirety from what I've seen

Uh, no. I don't know what you have been watching, CSPAN maybe?

I don't think we need a code of conduct, I think the press has every right to press the WH. If they can't take the scrutiny then grow some balls and deal with it. Do better answering questions or get somebody who can control the room better. Don't run and hide by turning of cameras and holding less briefings

Fox News asks a question and their reporter is on camera and their reporter is on the news.

CBS News asks the same question as Fox with a negative spin and their reporter is on camera and their reporter is on the news

MSNBC asks the same question as ABC and their reporter is on camera and their reporter is on the news.

CNN asks the same question as CBS and their reporter is on camera and their reporter is on the news.

That is how it goes.

So what?

You have no problem with that kind of bullshit grandstanding? I guess you are the problem.

The entire press briefing consists of an unending series of a few questions being reworded and reporters taking turns getting on camera.

It gets old!

If you find them so annoying then don't watch them.

If there is malice, let it be proven. The fact remains that Trump hurts his own agenda with his Tweets. It makes him look petty, spiteful and overly emotional. His base will continue to support him, but his favorability numbers speak for themselves. His fans can scream "fake news" all they like, but the November 2018 elections will come as big a shock to them as the November 2016 was to Hillary fans.

American voters are not as fucking stupid as the partisan assholes want us to believe.

Malice is easily proven. Look at all the doctors these networks have hired to break every medical ethic in the book to express opinions on a person they've never examined or even met. Not only is that medical malpractice, but it demonstrates clear malice on the part of the networks.

Where they giving opinion analysis or facts?

If facts can you provide a few examples?

You tell me. What would you call a medical doctor pontificating on the mental health of a person they've never met or examined, using medical terminology. For me the word "quack" comes to mind.

I watch CNN and Fox and both would air all of the Spicey show whenever he was in camera

I watch CNN and Fox and both would air all of the Spicey show whenever he was in camera
That's because people LOVE to watch Spicer put the fucktards in their place.

Jerry Falwell once sued Larry Flynt for accusing him of having sex with his mother. Pretty cut and dried case of malice, right?

The case was thrown out.

One occurrence may not prove malice, there are multiple examples over almost a full year here, that could prove ongoing malicious intent.

You tell me. What would you call a medical doctor pontificating on the mental health of a person they've never met or examined, using medical terminology. For me the word "quack" comes to mind.

GIve me an example and I'll tell you what I think

haha, they like watching the bully fumble over his own words and dig Trump deeper into his hole

That is how it goes.

So what?

It gets old!

They are starting to remind me of the scene from Aliens where Sigourney Weaver asked how many different ways do you want me to tell the same story.

GIve me an example and I'll tell you what I think

haha, they like watching the bully fumble over his own words and dig Trump deeper into his hole
No, not at all like that.

The case was thrown out.

One occurrence may not prove malice, there are multiple examples over almost a full year here, that could prove ongoing malicious intent.

You can argue until you are blue in the face. It does not change the facts that it will never fly!

G

That is how it goes.

So what?

It gets old!

They are starting to remind me of the scene from Aliens where Sigourney Weaver asked how many different ways do you want me to tell the same story.
what story are you trying to tell? The MSM sucks so they should be shut down? Is that it?

Forum List

Back