Why only a "progressive" income tax?

is capital gains income?
Yes I've already said this

Any and all income no matter the source

The guy down my street has his own roofing biz. Works out of his home , has a couple work trucks, pays a couple of guys to help . How would you calculate his income ?

And this is a simple example !

Just like you would any other business.

There's the rub. Self employed people have all kinds of write offs . You may be surprised what ends be being their "taxable income " .

Legally they are restricted to what they can write off

For example they can't write off their entire mortgage for a home office.

But no one with half a brain in their head would be a sole proprietor these days chances are he's an LLC or an s Corp

I get that .

The roofer guy is a real example . His "income" ends up being like $15k. Which is bullshit . Why work that job for that much.

I'm thinking we could be revenue neutral with a flat tax of 10% sorry but no one is going to have a huge lifestyle change if they take home 90 cents on the dollar

10% on a 20,000/year income is a $2000 tax where probably there was none before.

That is a huge 'lifestyle' change.
Currently (2016) a single person making $20,000 a year income would pay $1,592.69 in income tax. That is with no deductions at all, and there's always something to deduct or an earned income tax credit lurking.

So yes, the 10% flat tax would hurt that person.

If he planned on being welfare for the rest of his life..
Non sequitor.

Not really, generally people don't plan on earning less than 20K/year in earnings over lifetime... Unless they are regressives stuck on welfare, in which case it's a choice and should not be forecfully supported by others.

But of course, some people have an attention span of 15 minutes... I mean it's not like a retirement program that's completely unfunded and based on spending didn't pass the vote.
I was commenting on a post with facts. Go fuck your deflection.

Yes I've already said this

Any and all income no matter the source

The guy down my street has his own roofing biz. Works out of his home , has a couple work trucks, pays a couple of guys to help . How would you calculate his income ?

There's the rub. Self employed people have all kinds of write offs . You may be surprised what ends be being their "taxable income " .

But no one with half a brain in their head would be a sole proprietor these days chances are he's an LLC or an s Corp

I get that .

The roofer guy is a real example . His "income" ends up being like $15k. Which is bullshit . Why work that job for that much.

People will always scam the system some get caught some don't

I get that .

But he's not scamming . Under tax rules he is able to write off a bunch of shit .

I get that .

But he's not scamming . Under tax rules he is able to write off a bunch of shit .

At this point I would like to point out that regressives view tax planning and tax evasion as one and the same.

I get that .

You're talking to a guy that admitted he writes off his personal toilet paper as a business expense. :lol:

Progressive income taxes are based on the subjective marginal utility analysis that basically says idiots in government can decide if you "need" all the money you make or not and that they are justified in taking the money they decide you don't "need"

Well all of you who love this type of blatantly unfair tax scheme I ask you why stop at income?

Its based on the capacity a person has to be taxed. You may consider Bill Gates to have no more capacity to be taxed than say, a homeless guy. But a rational person could recognize the distinction.

And every first world nation does.

Why not use progressive tax schemes for everything that is taxed?

Income is simpler. Plus, there's already an amendment for it.

I get that .

I'm sure he's pushing the envelope

I get that .

You're talking to a guy that admitted he writes off his personal toilet paper as a business expense. :lol:

No I just steal it from my business like you steal TP from your boss

I get that .

I am my boss and no, I don't defraud taxpayers. Too bad you cannot say the same.

I get that .

I am my boss and no, I don't defraud taxpayers. Too bad you cannot say the same.

YEah Im sure you're 100% honest

And those couple cents for TP are what's putting the country 19 trillion in debt I'm sure

And those couple cents for TP are what's putting the country 19 trillion in debt I'm sure
Nice to know you only use 2 cents worth of toilet paper a year. Yeah, right. It all adds up and you can thank yourself for contributing to the debt.

:thup:

Nice to know you only use 2 cents worth of toilet paper a year. Yeah, right. It all adds up and you can thank yourself for contributing to the debt.

That's funny

Post your taxes and all your receipts and we'll see how honest you are

That's funny

Why bother, you will just claim I made them up. I'm certainly not putting my personal information on here.

Fact, you've admitted to writing off non-legitimate business expenses. Fact, you contribute to the debt you whine about. Man up and shut up.

That's funny

Why bother, you will just claim I made them up. I'm certainly not putting my personal information on here.

Fact, you've admitted to writing off non-legitimate business expenses. Fact, you contribute to the debt you whine about. Man up and shut up.

So then take a picture of your business only pens next to the cup labeled personal use pens
Business postage stamps and personal postage stamps

And what about the computer you're using right now during business hours for personal use did you claim that as a business expense?

I know you're not as self righteous as you claim to be no one is

And FYI they are legit business expenses since I bought them for my employees I just take a couple things home once in a while

That's funny

So then take a picture of your business only pens next to the cup labeled personal use pens

And what about the computer you're using right now during business hours for personal use did you claim that as a business expense?

And FYI they are legit business expenses since I bought them for my employees I just take a couple things home once in a while
I alternate buying postage, pens, etc. and I work from my personal Pad, which I did not claim as a business expense, more often than I do from my work computer.

And I do not buy toilet paper for my home on the business card.

I try to be honest in all my dealings to a fault. You do not. I think we, as small business owners, have a duty to not game the system that gives us so many benefits.

Even though I feel I pay enough taxes to personally keep afloat a third world country.

That's funny

I alternate buying postage, pens, etc. and I work from my personal Pad, which I did not claim as a business expense, more often than I do from my work computer.

And I do not buy toilet paper for my home on the business card.

I try to be honest in all my dealings to a fault. You do not. I think we, as small business owners, have a duty to not game the system that gives us so many benefits.

Even though I feel I pay enough taxes to personally keep afloat a third world country.

Uh huh. So you're sitting there with a computer on your desk while you're surfing the web on an i pad and I'm sure you have 2 different internet services one for your i pad and one for your business computer

Progressive income taxes are based on the subjective marginal utility analysis that basically says idiots in government can decide if you "need" all the money you make or not and that they are justified in taking the money they decide you don't "need"

Well all of you who love this type of blatantly unfair tax scheme I ask you why stop at income?

Why not use progressive tax schemes for everything that is taxed?

Let's say you own a 4 bedroom home but you and your wife have only 1 kid. You only "need" 2 bedrooms so some moron in your state government can decide that those 2 bedrooms must be taken from you and given to someone else and then inserts 2 people into your home because they "need" those rooms and you don't

What about a vacation home? Surely you don't "need" that if you only use it on occasion.

You and your wife have 2 cars and you have your dream car in the garage you don't need that classic 1969 GTO so why not let the government take it from you to give to someone who does "need" it

I bet that sounds like a great plan to some of you doesn't it?

If you want to argue against imaginary scenarios you need to find some imaginary people to take the other side?
A lefty talking about "imaginary" Classic.

Compared to the idiot in the thread who thinks the progressive income tax is Marxism ?

It is Marxism, idiot. It's one of the 10 planks of the Communist Manifesto.

Forum List

Back