Why People Make Minimum Wage

Unions DO NOT LOBBY FOR WORKERS. They lobby for the Unions.

There is a difference.

Thats not true. Some unions are crappy POS. Others do work for their members. I worked at a place that was union and there was a running joke that the fastest way to get into management was to be the union rep. My wifes nurse union gets them anything they want.

And people that aren't in unions are so jealous.

Remember the corporate media was going after the auto workers "cadillac" insurance plans? Americans are so dumb. Rather than say, "hey, I want insurance that good", Americans were jealous and convinced that those auto workers had it too good. So instead of our insurance being as good as the auto workers, instead their insurance is now as bad as ours is.

But tell an anti union person about out of control CEO pay and they'll defend that CEO's outrageous pay every day of the week.

I agree people are dumb actually getting upset about good benefits for workers. If you choose to remain a employee at least get the best deal and unions can provide that if they are good ones. On the flip side a CEO is normally going to be worth whatever he makes to the company. Some things I learned early was that your value depends on your worth to the company. By worth I mean how much money you bring in. The other thing is if you have uncommon skills you will get uncommon pay.

Salespeople use to be valued because we brought in all the money. But then companies are always looking to cut costs so each year they raise quotas and lower the commissions. I'm speaking in general of course. Across the board this is happening all over America. Might not be happening to you, but it's happening to enough Americans that I see a pattern.

I also noticed a couple years ago the CEO's that made the most $ also laid off the most employees. That's why those employees, ALL employees should be unionized.

I'm thinking about starting a generic union. Only cost you $10 a year to be a member. If your company fucks with you, we boycott/picket them for you. Anonymously too. And if they fire you we picket them and boycott buying their products until they start acting right.

The Hobby Lobby employees would be perfect to join my union after the company fucked with their health benefits.

Is anyone picketing HobbyLobby now? I didn't think so. I would.

if you are in sales you actually have a leg up on other people that are employees. You already possess the main skill necessary to strike out on your own. The CEO's are making a ton of money because by firing the workers and using a skeleton crew they are saving the company tons of money and keeping the stock holders happy. The dirty secret that no one ever mentions is that the stockholders are what runs things. The company is out to please their shareholders not the workers.

1. So you think us salespeople can stop selling and go start our own companies? We signed non competes.

2. Banks won't give us loans like they use to. Too risky.

3. No safety nets like there use to be. Back in the day people could try to start a business, fail, and not find themselves out on the streets. How much do you have to start a business? $100K? Know how my grandparents started their business? They got a loan from the cigarette man, the milk man, etc and those people supplied your business and eventually you paid them off. Sad truth is most people who start a business have the money to lose. I know not always but a lot of the times. And most of these people would say they made it on their own with no help from anyone. Do you know how much you make if you own 1 Subway franchise? Only $30K a year. So rich people buy 5 of them, or 1 guy buys 1 and he basically bought himself a job. If he's smart he works there and makes minimum wage plus the $30K.

4. Not a lot of mom and pop shops around anymore.

5. Stockholders are all ceo's of other companies. You wash my back, I'll wash yours.

6. Stockholders have to deal with the union when employees are organized. Maybe they need to organize.

I see why companies don't like collective bargaining. I see how the owner of my company pays everyone whatever he can get away with paying them. Basically he has everyone underpaid. And then when I hit his goal he raised the goal? So my pay doesn't grow as I grow the business? What a fucking dick! I was like NO FUCKING WAY and he immediately stopped doing that to me. I found out he was doing it to my counterpart for 2 years. Every month that guy hit his numbers, every month the owner raised the quota and bonus levels. FUCK YOU BITCH. I'm my own union. Luckily he can't afford to lose me. But the other two companies did that to everyone and there is no where else to go. Back before GOPanomics kicked in, 40 salespeople made great money. The corporations ran 35 guys out, gave all the good accounts to 5 top dogs, and then hired and fired hundreds of people to come in and try to make it. None of them ever did for very long. Maybe 5 of them made good money but "it wasn't like the old days", and then eventually even they moved on. Then I went back in 2000 and those 5 top dogs, the company started fucking with all of them and they moved on too. Only 2 remain. I would guestimate from the time I worked there in the 90's to today, thousands of people have been used up and spit out. The owner makes his money and everyone else is making the same or less than we did in the 90's. This is the new America.

LOL.

I made minimum wage for a total of 6 months. $4.25 an hour.
After 6 months, he bumped me up to $4.75 an hour, and eventually $6.00 an hour. All of this before I turned 19 years old.

He realized I was a good worker, and bumped me up to make sure I didn't leave for something else.

but the minimum wage is not a living wage. We should have passed a law 200 years ago to the effect that the minimum wage has to always be a living wage and further that the evil corporations must hire enough people to eliminate unemployment! The free market does not work as far as brain dead liberals know!!

There is NO FREE MARKET. Quit telling lies.

i.gif
Why do people make minimum wage? Greedy employers.

And I'll be honest. I don't mind if a mom and pop shop pays minimum wage if that's all they can afford. It's Walmart or McD who makes profits and won't pay a fair wage.

By the way, I remember in the 90's the job market was so good that a Taco Bell had a sign said Hiring $10 hr.

What we need to do is insist manufacturing comes home. We are the only country that didn't protect our vital industry. Every other country regulated which industries were too important to their economies to leave for China or Mexico or India. Only the USA didn't do that. Why? Because the American workers made too much of course. They want to break the unions, got to renig on pensions when they "went bankrupt". The entire Great Recession was planned. Just when I didn't think Bush was going to be able to fuck us any more than he already had, then came TARP or what I like to call the greatest bank robbery in world history.

PS. Notice how much the so called "liberal" media bashed Bush for TARP? And what did the CONS say? It was Carter, Clinton, Obama, Pelosi, Reed, Fanny, Freddy ANYBODY other than Bush or the GOP that ran the government from 2000-2006. Everyone forgets those days why? Because the media isn't fucking liberal.

LOL.

After 6 months, he bumped me up to $4.75 an hour, and eventually $6.00 an hour. All of this before I turned 19 years old.

He realized I was a good worker, and bumped me up to make sure I didn't leave for something else.

but the minimum wage is not a living wage. We should have passed a law 200 years ago to the effect that the minimum wage has to always be a living wage and further that the evil corporations must hire enough people to eliminate unemployment! The free market does not work as far as brain dead liberals know!!

There is NO FREE MARKET. Quit telling lies.

Article Democracy - Not The Free Market - Will Save America s Middle Class OpEdNews

The "middle class" is the creation of government intervention in the marketplace, and won't exist without it (as millions of Americans and Europeans are discovering).

Governments provide a stable currency to make markets possible. They provide a legal infrastructure and court systems to enforce the contracts that make markets possible. They provide educated workforces through public education, and those workers show up at their places of business after traveling on public roads, rails, or airways provided by government. Businesses that use the "free market" are protected by police and fire departments provided by government, and send their communications - from phone to fax to internet - over lines that follow public rights-of-way maintained and protected by government.

And, most important, the rules of the game of business are defined by government. Any sports fan can tell you that football, baseball, or hockey without rules and referees would be a mess. Similarly, business without rules won't work.

Which explains why conservative economics wiped out the middle class during the period from 1880 to 1932, and why, when Reagan again began applying conservative economics, the middle class again began to vanish in America in the 1980s - a process that has dramatically picked up steam under George W. Bush.

of course in the absense of liberal interference supply equals demand. Get it? does your supermarket supply more canned soup than it can sell? No, supply equals demand. It would be the same in the job market.

You increase the number of soup buyers.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 300 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure. Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

I have stocks in my portfolio. What makes you think I didnt? The secret is that workers are told the company will take care of them if they work hard and remain loyal. Like most buffoons that are still mired in the industrial age you actually think thats true. Well it is the information age and has been for a while now. People need to adapt to a new way of thinking.

:bsflag: No company promises to "take care" of its employees and statements like that make me doubt not only your claim to owning stocks but to ever having held a job. Companies are not mommies, much as you seem to need them to be. At some point we are all required to grow up and grow a pair and any shareholder who doesn't understand and appreciate the fact that mgmt.'s job is to maximize the company's value and profitability on behalf of all shareholders is a fool or a liar.

All companies do it. You must have never held a job in your life if you dont remember the company promises. Then they downsize and tell you that you now have to take a pay cut and your terminated co-workers responsibilities. The next step is you get to train some guys in the Philippines on what you do. After that they fire you and wish you good luck. However, at least they were loyal to you right?

Thats why I invest in companies that value their employees. The end game is they will be the ones still standing when the general population wakes up.

Or how about you start right out of college and you do a great job for the company so every year you get a great review and a raise. 10 years go by and now they realize they can hire someone right out of college for less. In the GOP world no one has a right to their job. Your job is AT WILL and they can let you go for almost any reason.

I have seen other employees and also myself been run out of companies. See, in Michigan even if they are AT WILL, if we sue them we are in a pro union town so companies are careful and they create a paper trail of write ups before they let you go. We all see them picking on these employees and none of us say a fucking word because we don't want to be next. It happened to me before. I actually threatened to sue if they didn't give me a severance and they said no, but after me, everyone got a fucking severance when they were let go. MOTHER FUCKER! I'm proud of that but pissed I didn't get one. FUCK! I was never going to actually sue. LOL.

If we were in a union, that shit wouldn't happen. The union would step in and protect that worker from these unfair practices.

One last thing. I will never sign a write up again in my life. I know that is just so the company can cover their ass when letting me go. Now I just tell them I'm not signing anything and if it's not working out they can let me go. See I was smart and saved the money I made in the 90's and paid off my home and car so fuck them. I'll find a job and in the meantime they can pay me unemployment benefits.

of course in the absense of liberal interference supply equals demand. Get it? does your supermarket supply more canned soup than it can sell? No, supply equals demand. It would be the same in the job market.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 300 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure. Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

You're going to make their heads explode. LOL

LOL.

It must feel good, knowing you worked for slave wages.

Why so short sighted?

My first job was a paper route at age 12. I made about $40.00 a month. I had to ride my bike to the station (after school) and pick up the papers, stuff the ad inserts, and then deliver them to customers homes. It took about 1 1/2 hour each day and 2-3 hours on Sunday (much heavier papers!) I also had to "collect" for the bills each week (that was a real education!!) and then pay my bill for the papers. It was a great education in business.

I've been financially independent since my 30's......

Why didn't you get 8 paper routes and pay the eight kids you hire $35.00/mo.

That's why I made my first million at 22.

LOL.

It must feel good, knowing you worked for slave wages.

It was a part time job in 1991, and I was 16 to start.

For a 16 year old it was manna from fucking heaven.

Also note, I am not still doing that. Thats the point of all this.

-Make inversion illegal.

It's so much fun!

I made less than minimum wage the first four years of my adult life, I was in the USMC.

So if people don't make enough to buy food, why not make food cheaper.

And reduce profits for companies?
Its a simple thought, everyone is screaming they need money to live, I spend more on energy because California saddles us with expensive Green Energy, so the government should increase my pay, so I can pay more for government policies?

-Make inversion illegal.

It's so much fun!

What is with these people? Are they rich upper management or are they workers themselves?

I know a Republican Tow Truck driver. He thinks they are for him because he "owns his own business".

I also know many of them are worker bees and they are so brainwashed that they argue against their own best financial interests. They're going to need SS and yet they say they are GOP who want to end such programs.

They saw their 401K's plummet from GOP deregulations but Rush told them it was Harry Reed and Fanny and Freddy that did it. Never mind why those poor people who once owned all those homes lost their jobs. Never mind it was because GOPanomics sent their jobs overseas. Then that hurt everyone else. With those jobs gone it flooded the market with workers so to devalue our worth. And these right wing middle class fools go along why?

Usually wedge issues like god, gays, guns and racism. Once they have a middle class right winger hooked on lets say abortion, they'll go along with everything and anything the gop says. Even when they clearly destroy the economy, they'll vote to put McCain or Mitt back in office to go right back to doing what Bush did.

Republicans have no answer to how we raise wages of the worker. Why? Because they don't want wages to go up. They like em low. They should be worshiping Obama Economically Could Obama Be America s Best President - Forbes

-Make inversion illegal.

It's so much fun!

What is with these people? Are they rich upper management or are they workers themselves?

I know a Republican Tow Truck driver. He thinks they are for him because he "owns his own business".

I also know many of them are worker bees and they are so brainwashed that they argue against their own best financial interests. They're going to need SS and yet they say they are GOP who want to end such programs.

They saw their 401K's plummet from GOP deregulations but Rush told them it was Harry Reed and Fanny and Freddy that did it. Never mind why those poor people who once owned all those homes lost their jobs. Never mind it was because GOPanomics sent their jobs overseas. Then that hurt everyone else. With those jobs gone it flooded the market with workers so to devalue our worth. And these right wing middle class fools go along why?

Usually wedge issues like god, gays, guns and racism. Once they have a middle class right winger hooked on lets say abortion, they'll go along with everything and anything the gop says. Even when they clearly destroy the economy, they'll vote to put McCain or Mitt back in office to go right back to doing what Bush did.

Republicans have no answer to how we raise wages of the worker. Why? Because they don't want wages to go up. They like em low. They should be worshiping Obama Economically Could Obama Be America s Best President - Forbes
401k's, plummet? Under Obama more people lost jobs meaning they also lost their 401k's. Conservatives are for more jobs, that means we are for more people being able to live.

The biggest expense of any Corporation is Government. Corporations are lucky to make 5% profit while they pay how much to Government?

Don't forget when you ship millions of good paying manufactuin

-Make inversion illegal.

It's so much fun!

401k's, plummet? Under Obama more people lost jobs meaning they also lost their 401k's. Conservatives are for more jobs, that means we are for more people being able to live.

The biggest expense of any Corporation is Government. Corporations are lucky to make 5% profit while they pay how much to Government?

Really? Why haven't their tax breaks to the rich created any new high paying jobs?

And any jobs lost are still the fault of GOP Bushanomics. Try not to forget the fucking mess your party put us in pal.

Forum List

Back