Why Right Wing Is Petrified of Letting Voters, Not Electoral College, Pick Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phantom posted that the idea is both constitutional and legal, that makes him on Lakhota's side in this even if he is a rabid rightwing nutjob. It also makes him wrong.

there's nothing unconstitutional about a state deciding to have their electors vote as the popular vote dictates.

good to know you're a right wing rabid nutjob

i thought you were just a blowhard

It is, however, unconstitutional for a state to enter into a compact with another state for any reason.

and setting a threshold or predicating an activity based on the activity of another state isn't entering a compact with another state

words have meaning

thanks for playing

are you a physikist like ed? :lol:

Being able to phrase the answer in the form of a question is not a challenge. By the way, I doubt you are a physicist, if you were you would know what a cynic is.
Sure, that's a more important prerequisite for physics than calculus!!! :cuckoo:

Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.
- Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary

i can do calculus, I actually taught myself when I was supposed to be learning trig because the calculus class was in the same room as the trig class in my high school. Does that make me a physicist?
No, but it does make you partially qualified to study physics.

Phantom posted that the idea is both constitutional and legal, that makes him on Lakhota's side in this even if he is a rabid rightwing nutjob. It also makes him wrong.

No Lakota is a complete flaming idiot. It IS legal and constitutional, at least to my understanding....but it's not in keeping with the principles upon which this nation was founded. Therefore I reject Lakhota's position

My mistake, but you are also wrong. Article 1 Section 10 Clause 3 specifically prohibits states from entering into compacts without Congressional approval. This is obviously a compact between more than one states, and thus unconstitutional.

Well I am too lazy to look it up right now so for the purposes of documentation i will concede the point. However, early in our nation's history each state reserved the right to determine their own voting laws. Hence the reason why in most states only land owners and taxpayers had voting rights and also why John Adams wrote the famous line to his wife Abigail about the prospect of women voting "Next we will have to give voting rights to the impoverished, the uneducated, and the town drunk." (may not be an exact quote but it's close :lol:). Your constitutional verse references the original constitution and not an amendment so the timeline would suggest that it is overruled by something else lacking an amendment.

So let's say I concede the point cause I am too lazy to prove otherwise, but I am pretty sure I am right. ;)

Last edited:
there's nothing unconstitutional about a state deciding to have their electors vote as the popular vote dictates.

good to know you're a right wing rabid nutjob

i thought you were just a blowhard

It is, however, unconstitutional for a state to enter into a compact with another state for any reason.

and setting a threshold or predicating an activity based on the activity of another state isn't entering a compact with another state

words have meaning

thanks for playing

are you a physikist like ed? :lol:

Are you trying to be a lawyer? Do you really think the courts will look at a deliberate agreement, written into the laws in the states that are participating in this fiasco, that it will not happen until enough states agree, and that each state must report its vote total to the other states, and not conclude that is a compact?

Sure, that's a more important prerequisite for physics than calculus!!! :cuckoo:

Cynic, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.

i can do calculus, I actually taught myself when I was supposed to be learning trig because the calculus class was in the same room as the trig class in my high school. Does that make me a physicist?

I already did, does that make me a physicist?

Because Physics is easily the most difficult and demanding of all educational pursuits. Only a very select few can master physics.

Only a very select few can master Steak au Poivre too.
Almost any physicist can master sauteing a steak coated in peppercorns, but it is a very rare chef who can master quantum mechanics.

Well you have clearly never met my brother who is a theoretical physicist, worked for the government on propulsion systems for SDI, and can barely make macaroni and cheese. BTW....your google search on au Poivre sucks. It's not the peppercorns that make au Poivre. It's the sauce and how you reduce it. Thank you for enforcing my point though.

It's a possibility, but I don't believe you.
I'd ask you a simple basic question like how many Laws of Thermodynamics there are if we were together in person, but on the internet you would just google the answer.

Almost any physicist can master sauteing a steak coated in peppercorns, but it is a very rare chef who can master quantum mechanics.

Now you think you can cook.
My late mother was a master chef and she taught me to cook when I was a child.

Wow there have only been two American certified master chefs that were women and Julia Child was given the title in honorarium and I have cooked with the other one. So i guess that means I knew your mother. Your ditch of bullshit keeps getting deeper and deeper.

It's a possibility, but I don't believe you.
I'd ask you a simple basic question like how many Laws of Thermodynamics there are if we were together in person, but on the internet you would just google the answer.

You obviously googled Steak au Poivre since you completely missed the point of it....don't get so arrogant

Only a very select few can master Steak au Poivre too.

Well you have clearly never met my brother who is a theoretical physicist, worked for the government on propulsion systems for SDI, and can barely make macaroni and cheese. BTW....your google search on au Poivre sucks. It's not the peppercorns that make au Poivre. It's the sauce and how you reduce it. Thank you for enforcing my point though.
More anecdotal bullshit. And Steak au Poivre does not always have a sauce, often it does but not always and you did not say Steak au Poivre with sauce.

You are right, it isn't like the Democrats have billionaires like Soros or Corzine on their side.

There is no comparison.

Unlimited secret corporate money will be the end of American democracy, and Romney is the face of that problem.

You said the same thing in 2010, and Democrats outspent Republicans. By the way, America is a Republic, not a Democracy. If it was actually a Democracy all national issues would be subject to popular vote. not the vote of Congress.
They amass greater amounts of contributions (but not from their own individual party members), own academe, the educational system, the liberal media, the labor unions, the fealty of high finance, and the bureacracy and still they've only managed to hold the presidency 24 out of the last 52 years.

There is no comparison.

Unlimited secret corporate money will be the end of American democracy, and Romney is the face of that problem.

You said the same thing in 2010, and Democrats outspent Republicans. By the way, America is a Republic, not a Democracy. If it was actually a Democracy all national issues would be subject to popular vote. not the vote of Congress.
They amass greater amounts of contributions (but not from their own individual party members), own academe, the educational system, the liberal media, the labor unions, the fealty of high finance, and the bureacracy and still they've only managed to hold the presidency 24 out of the last 52 years.

They spent more than the Republicans in 2010, end of story.

More anecdotal bullshit. And Steak au Poivre does not always have a sauce, often it does but not always and you did not say Steak au Poivre with sauce.

LMAO...steak au poivre WITH sauce. Now there's a new one!!!!!! I spent 24 years as an executive chef at the Ritz-Carlton Phoenix, the Biltmore, the Bellagio in Vegas, Four Season Olympic in Seattle, F&B at Ballys prior to going into teaching business and history classes as a retirement job. This is the first time I have EVER heard of a Steak au Poivre WITHOUT sauce. That's what fucking makes a steak au poivre you dumb ass. You are so full of shit I can smell your rhetoric from here.

There is more to Jeopardy than just trivia.
Just as there is more to mastering physics than just doing simple arithmetic. Before you can even be accepted into a physics program you must prove you have mastered the most advanced mathematics, the language of physics.

Being able to phrase the answer in the form of a question is not a challenge. By the way, I doubt you are a physicist, if you were you would know what a cynic is.

In your case he got the "blackguard" right, eh?

Now you think you can cook.

Wow there have only been two American certified master chefs that were women and Julia Child was given the title in honorarium and I have cooked with the other one. So i guess that means I knew your mother. Your ditch of bullshit keeps getting deeper and deeper.
First of all my mother was Italian, not American, and second this is just more of your anecdotal bullshit.

First of all my mother was Italian, not American, and second this is just more of your anecdotal bullshit.

Spoken with authority by the man who claims to be trained by his mother the master chef but doesn't know that steak au poivre has a sauce. LMFAO!!!!!! Oh and BTW...Italian is even better. Unless your mother is less than 20 Italy hasn't even had a governing body to assign credentials for master chef!!!! LMAO!!!!! You should have gone with France.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back