Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

There are three million Americans employed in food prep and service. They make about $9.10 per hour on average.

Hard working people making shit wages.

It's going to change, nutters.

Wow they make that much? They are vastly overpaid... and guess what if there are that many, there are three times that many waiting to step in and fill their mindless, dumbfuck shoes.

YOU, of all people, have no right to call anyone a "dumbfuck".

Should a boss have the right to pay those burger flippers 50 cents/hour? At the same time that it takes at least $16 dollar/hour job in order to feed yourself and have a roof over your head.

How moral is that? Would we really be a better country? We all know looking at southern Asia or Africa that it isn't.

Include the fact that the ceo and the board is making millions.

I bet if the minimum wage is raised higher than the value of your labor then it will make sense.

You speak as if there is some fixed value of ones labor and that everyone naturally gets paid that value.....no less and no more. It's a weird thing to consider.

First of all, you're stupid. He was saying when the minimum wage is raised higher than the value of your labor you will be unemployed. Again, yes, Seawytch, you people can't read, it's incredible.

Second, there is a vlue of one's labor everyone naturally gets paid. It's set by a free market. Seriously, econ101 should be a basic high school requirement. The Democratic party would be devasated

How does a free market, free of regulations, control monopolies and cartels?

So. let's agree laws and rules are infringements on this free market bullshit. This lassiez faire argument is both unfair to labor, and a boon to those who will, and they will, exploit workers with the complicity of others in their industry. It will work for a time, and then a General Strike will appear, spontaneously, and it won't be non violent.

Which is why I must repeat myself, We must protect Capitalism from the greed of Capitalists.

Because there is no reason someone working 40 hours/week should be struggling to make ends meet.

The assumption made in this article is that they are living high off the hog. That is simply not the case.

Not to mention people who learn a skill are not paid well as indicated in the article. People deserve to be able to survive when they work 40 hours/week. Home healthcare workers learned a skill yet are paid $9/hour at best.

I also find it ironic is the Republican party talk about the "dignity of work" when passing laws to restrict government assistance. Then when workers want to get a wage that would help them survive by working, Republicans are strictly oppose to it.

So how is their dignity to work if no matter how hard they work, they will never get by?

You know, you're right.... if you work 40 hours a week you should make at least enough to buy a new car every year, go to Disney World, eat out 5 nights a week, have 3 MK suits, own a $250,000 home, a housekeeper and a yard guy... oh, and a swimming pool and a pool guy.
No one is really attempting to make that argument. The argument is, and has always been, that successful employers who make enough money to do all the things you speak of, and more, should not rely on taxpayers to subsidize the businesses that allow those employers to live so luxuriously. If they are really deserving business owners they should not rely on that taxpayer subsidized work force. Especially when competitors are able to pay better wages, not depend on that tax payer money. The low wages paid to workers just turns out to be a simple act of basic greed by the business owner.

Your term deserving business owner says it all... If I start a business, I deserve it.
No you dont deserve it just like a worker doesnt deserve to be paid more than the value they bring.

a worker doesn't deserve to be paid more than the value they bring.[/QUOTE] nor should they be paid less than the value added.

This is like watching people argue over selling a dead goat. Fast food service is going to go the way of the gas station attendant and movie usher.

Because there is no reason someone working 40 hours/week should be struggling to make ends meet.

The assumption made in this article is that they are living high off the hog. That is simply not the case.

Not to mention people who learn a skill are not paid well as indicated in the article. People deserve to be able to survive when they work 40 hours/week. Home healthcare workers learned a skill yet are paid $9/hour at best.

I also find it ironic is the Republican party talk about the "dignity of work" when passing laws to restrict government assistance. Then when workers want to get a wage that would help them survive by working, Republicans are strictly oppose to it.

So how is their dignity to work if no matter how hard they work, they will never get by?

You know, you're right.... if you work 40 hours a week you should make at least enough to buy a new car every year, go to Disney World, eat out 5 nights a week, have 3 MK suits, own a $250,000 home, a housekeeper and a yard guy... oh, and a swimming pool and a pool guy.
No one is really attempting to make that argument. The argument is, and has always been, that successful employers who make enough money to do all the things you speak of, and more, should not rely on taxpayers to subsidize the businesses that allow those employers to live so luxuriously. If they are really deserving business owners they should not rely on that taxpayer subsidized work force. Especially when competitors are able to pay better wages, not depend on that tax payer money. The low wages paid to workers just turns out to be a simple act of basic greed by the business owner.

Your term deserving business owner says it all... If I start a business, I deserve it.
No you dont deserve it just like a worker doesnt deserve to be paid more than the value they bring.

a worker doesn't deserve to be paid more than the value they bring.
nor should they be paid less than the value added.[/QUOTE]
How can that be enforced without lots of government intervention?

The better question is:

Should a person working at least 40 hours a week be unable to clothe, feed and shelter themselves.

If that's the case, than any business that can't pay its employees more should go out of business (and would go out of business if the government wasn't supplementing their employees income, since they wouldn't have any employees!)

What liberals don't realize is that WITHOUT any government handouts, these businesses would be force to raise their wages, since their employees would die of exposure or starvation, and then that business would have no employees!

I bet if the minimum wage is raised higher than the value of your labor then it will make sense.

You speak as if there is some fixed value of ones labor and that everyone naturally gets paid that value.....no less and no more. It's a weird thing to consider.

First of all, you're stupid. He was saying when the minimum wage is raised higher than the value of your labor you will be unemployed. Again, yes, Seawytch, you people can't read, it's incredible.

Second, there is a vlue of one's labor everyone naturally gets paid. It's set by a free market. Seriously, econ101 should be a basic high school requirement. The Democratic party would be devasated

So. let's agree laws and rules are infringements on this free market bullshit. This lassiez faire argument is both unfair to labor, and a boon to those who will, and they will, exploit workers with the complicity of others in their industry. It will work for a time, and then a General Strike will appear, spontaneously, and it won't be non violent.

Which is why I must repeat myself, We must protect Capitalism from the greed of Capitalists.

Monopolies and cartels are only sustainable when they are kept monopolies and cartels with government guns. AT&T, Microsoft are great examples of monopolies the market eventually devoured

Why are highly-skilled workers only getting $15 an hour is the better question. I did the math on actual survival once, using very conservative figures for a monthly mortgage, clothes, food, insurance, health insurance and transportation. This hypothetical person has no drug or drinking addictions, isn't a gambler, is chaste as your Aunt Betsy and even goes to church. He's just trying to get by. Just the very basline basics. I found that even at $20/hour a person would be nearly working themselves to death, after taxes (actual take home to make ends meet month to month) and just treading water. Forget about savings. Forget about vacations besides a trip to the County Lake. This person would still have to be receiving some kind of dole, some subsidy, some handout in order to "be a good citizen and consumer".

Then the corporations who pay these people such miserable wages, gnash their teeth at falling profits and sinking demand. Especially high-end products like expensive electronic gadgets, lavish vacations or any other ornamental industry that isn't part of the necessities of life. These people are coached by their buddies the rich and up and coming CEOs to hate people on the dole. But the dole is the only thing keeping their company running in the form of enabled-consuming.

The failure of this country's economy is quite simply the failure of our economists to sit down and do the elementary school level math of an average Joe's monthly income after taxes vs his outlay and what is left over at the end of the month. People at the top of any industry here are just flat-out too greedy. They want a string of six ponies for every child they have and all of those ponies have to be living in marble stalls with their own gold-plated troughs. There aren't enough super-rich in this country to justify a gold-plated trough factory, so they all have to be hand made in France, where socialized programs make it possible for artisan industries and new startups to thrive and survive.
Lmao, not a thrifty spender are we? Where the fuck you live New York city, you are a fucking idiot if you dont think someone can have savings or take vacations @ $20 an hour, thats factory scale with plenty of ot .

Why are highly-skilled workers only getting $15 an hour is the better question. I did the math on actual survival once, using very conservative figures for a monthly mortgage, clothes, food, insurance, health insurance and transportation. This hypothetical person has no drug or drinking addictions, isn't a gambler, is chaste as your Aunt Betsy and even goes to church. He's just trying to get by. Just the very basline basics. I found that even at $20/hour a person would be nearly working themselves to death, after taxes (actual take home to make ends meet month to month) and just treading water. Forget about savings. Forget about vacations besides a trip to the County Lake. This person would still have to be receiving some kind of dole, some subsidy, some handout in order to "be a good citizen and consumer".

Then the corporations who pay these people such miserable wages, gnash their teeth at falling profits and sinking demand. Especially high-end products like expensive electronic gadgets, lavish vacations or any other ornamental industry that isn't part of the necessities of life. These people are coached by their buddies the rich and up and coming CEOs to hate people on the dole. But the dole is the only thing keeping their company running in the form of enabled-consuming.

The failure of this country's economy is quite simply the failure of our economists to sit down and do the elementary school level math of an average Joe's monthly income after taxes vs his outlay and what is left over at the end of the month. People at the top of any industry here are just flat-out too greedy. They want a string of six ponies for every child they have and all of those ponies have to be living in marble stalls with their own gold-plated troughs. There aren't enough super-rich in this country to justify a gold-plated trough factory, so they all have to be hand made in France, where socialized programs make it possible for artisan industries and new startups to thrive and survive.
Lmao, not a thrifty spender are we? Where the fuck you live New York city, you are a fucking idiot if you dont think someone can have savings or take vacations @ $20 an hour, thats factory scale with plenty of ot .

$20 per hour is 40k gross. That is not enough to live the lifestyle that a middle class American family should lead. If you double that and have both parents working....you can then get close to the lifestyle that a middle class American family on one income had in the 70's. However, you won't be able to send the two kids to college or save for retirement.

Think about it. Ask around.

Burger flippers are worth 100 bucks an hour ...if they get off their fat arses, educate themselves, work hard, then move up the tree, getting a real job.
The lot that moan how badly off they are, but do shit all about it, can leave their jobs to people who want to work.

Because Democrat's don't think it's fair one person makes more money then another.

than

I'm not a democrat.....but as a flaming lib....I call total BS on that tired meme.

I make a lot more than you. I am happy about that. My libertarian brother makes a lot more than me. I'm cool with that.

Put an end to your stupidity here and now. Try not to spill that bile again. It's putrid.

Monopolies and cartels are only sustainable when they are kept monopolies and cartels with government guns. AT&T, Microsoft are great examples of monopolies the market eventually devoured

Explain how.

Explain how.

LOL!

That query alone should automatically preclude the individual who offered it, from ever voting again.

That is such an inspiring story! Why doesn't everyone just become a radio DJ., because there are so many jobs like that out there. You are truly a great American.

Great question.
Because some have skills, but most do not.
Because some are willing to explore their potential, but most are not.
and .....
Because some are willing to do something about deserving the money they earn, whilst lazy moaning fuckers want it for nothing.

I started in shit jobs.
I was knocked back, my job disappearing when a company went bust.
I did something about it, taking the first job I could find, even with crappy wages, but made sure I became invaluable to the boss by educating myself in the trade then, when that place went bust due to the idiotic miners' strike, used my training to start my own business.
I took the risk the sheep won't take, so I deserve the cash I made.
Same now. I work for a company here, getting a pay rise every year.
The majority don't get it, but a few of us do.
This is because we're willing to do the extra while the "not my job to do that" lot get shit all.
Exactly what they deserve.

Really? So, greed/avarice is now a universal virtue.

ROFLMNAO!

Ask the advocate for greater exchanged for no greater value in production.

LOL!

You can NOT make this crap up.

I'm sorry, any post I make is not directed to you You're an asshole and a piece of shit. I thought I made that clear. I guess you're too dumb to understand.

Forum List

Back