Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

Really? So, greed/avarice is now a universal virtue.

ROFLMNAO!

Ask the advocate for greater exchanged for no greater value in production.

LOL!

You can NOT make this crap up.

I'm sorry,

Yes... such is indeed your pitiful nature. But the main thing is that you're doin' the very BEST you can. And, such as it is... at least no one can ever take that from ya, scamp.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Because money is money, and for our government it doesn't matter who will give money for them!
Skilled or unskilled - doesn't matter...
And also, much more people eat hamburgers than using things created by "skilled" workers!

Should a boss have the right to pay those burger flippers 50 cents/hour? At the same time that it takes at least $16 dollar/hour job in order to feed yourself and have a roof over your head.

How moral is that? Would we really be a better country? We all know looking at southern Asia or Africa that it isn't.

Include the fact that the ceo and the board is making millions.

Why are highly-skilled workers only getting $15 an hour is the better question. I did the math on actual survival once, using very conservative figures for a monthly mortgage, clothes, food, insurance, health insurance and transportation. This hypothetical person has no drug or drinking addictions, isn't a gambler, is chaste as your Aunt Betsy and even goes to church. He's just trying to get by. Just the very basline basics. I found that even at $20/hour a person would be nearly working themselves to death, after taxes (actual take home to make ends meet month to month) and just treading water. Forget about savings. Forget about vacations besides a trip to the County Lake. This person would still have to be receiving some kind of dole, some subsidy, some handout in order to "be a good citizen and consumer".

Then the corporations who pay these people such miserable wages, gnash their teeth at falling profits and sinking demand. Especially high-end products like expensive electronic gadgets, lavish vacations or any other ornamental industry that isn't part of the necessities of life. These people are coached by their buddies the rich and up and coming CEOs to hate people on the dole. But the dole is the only thing keeping their company running in the form of enabled-consuming.

The failure of this country's economy is quite simply the failure of our economists to sit down and do the elementary school level math of an average Joe's monthly income after taxes vs his outlay and what is left over at the end of the month. People at the top of any industry here are just flat-out too greedy. They want a string of six ponies for every child they have and all of those ponies have to be living in marble stalls with their own gold-plated troughs. There aren't enough super-rich in this country to justify a gold-plated trough factory, so they all have to be hand made in France, where socialized programs make it possible for artisan industries and new startups to thrive and survive.
Lmao, not a thrifty spender are we? Where the fuck you live New York city, you are a fucking idiot if you dont think someone can have savings or take vacations @ $20 an hour, thats factory scale with plenty of ot .

$20 per hour is 40k gross. That is not enough to live the lifestyle that a middle class American family should lead. If you double that and have both parents working....you can then get close to the lifestyle that a middle class American family on one income had in the 70's. However, you won't be able to send the two kids to college or save for retirement.

Think about it. Ask around.

Yeah, they're not telling us something. Which is of course bad for their public image.

ut it lets us speculate as to their real motives, so there's that.
again the peanut gallery ignores my question , 40 k ain't shit in democrat high tax states, but they do great in red states, you just Jealous becasue you always shoot yourself in the ass and vote democrat

Where does a highly skilled trades person only earn 15 an hour?
I've answered this..

strange no one seems to want to check the Internet to get the facts:

A Structural Iron or Steel Worker receives wages of somewhere between $32,000 to $48.000 depending on the level of experience. Structural Iron and Steel Workers will usually earn a pay level of Forty Eight Thousand Seven Hundred dollars on an annual basis.
How much does a Structural Iron or Steel Worker make Compare your salary with the national and state salaries for Structural Iron and Steel Workers
At average $40,000 that works out to $19.00/hour.

According to the BLS, carpenters earned a median salary of $40,500 in 2013, or $19.47 per hour
Carpenter Salary Information Best Jobs US News Careers

Where does a highly skilled trades person only earn 15 an hour?
I've answered this..

strange no one seems to want to check the Internet to get the facts:

A Structural Iron or Steel Worker receives wages of somewhere between $32,000 to $48.000 depending on the level of experience. Structural Iron and Steel Workers will usually earn a pay level of Forty Eight Thousand Seven Hundred dollars on an annual basis.
How much does a Structural Iron or Steel Worker make Compare your salary with the national and state salaries for Structural Iron and Steel Workers
At average $40,000 that works out to $19.00/hour.

According to the BLS, carpenters earned a median salary of $40,500 in 2013, or $19.47 per hour
Carpenter Salary Information Best Jobs US News Careers
They earn 20-22 an hour here where I live.Commercial rate is higher....If you do something stupid like become self employed you can make 75-100k a year...

Perhaps the highly skilled worker isn't making what he's worth either. Perhaps many people are underpaid. The history of salaries versus increases in production over the past 30 years bears this out.

Perhaps the highly skilled worker isn't making what he's worth either. Perhaps many people are underpaid. The history of salaries versus increases in production over the past 30 years bears this out.

But in land of Conservatopia, all workers are overpaid. And only when they realize they are making too much will the workers finally achieve some level of prosperity.

Its hard for the poor and middle class to get ahead with the boot of government on their necks. Its simple, back off the ridiculous taxes and regulations making it difficult for the US to compete globally. We need a good old fashioned women's movement, MOL mothers against liberalism. Mark my words moms its these damn liberals who are enslaving your kids to a life of limited opportunity and enslavement to government programs.

Yup thanks to Mexicans, legal and illegal, I remember one of my inbetween jobs, was working as a commercial electrician for a pathetic $14 bucks an hour , this legal Mexican came on the job from Nevada and ask the boss if he could be paid by the square foot (this guy could fly running wire) the boss just laughed at him and said hell no. I remember him telling me "stupid illegals they ruined everything"

Again it used to be carpenters, dry wallers, electricians used to be paid great wages, with benefits, not much anymore

So I gave up on that dream of being a electrician or carpenter and went back to a industrial maintenance man, not many people can compete for my job and since their is a small labor pool, I am good till I retire in 17 years :)

Its hard for the poor and middle class to get ahead with the boot of government on their necks. Its simple, back off the ridiculous taxes and regulations making it difficult for the US to compete globally. We need a good old fashioned women's movement, MOL mothers against liberalism. Mark my words moms its these damn liberals who are enslaving your kids to a life of limited opportunity and enslavement to government programs.

Bullshit repeated is still bullshit.

Your answer is why we have the new reality of perpetual slow growth and high real unemployment

Your answer is why we have the new reality of perpetual slow growth and high real unemployment
The biggest problem that the USA is going through is the same problem that has plagued all nations...Trade deficits, huge military expenditures and a lack of new lands or nations to conquer for revenue...

That's ridiculous. You sys the dumbest things sometimes.

The biggest problem that the USA is going through is the same problem that has plagued all nations...Trade deficits, huge military expenditures and a lack of new lands or nations to conquer for revenue...

Thought provoking comment ^^^, thank you.

Because it's fair trickle up poor

They don't work hard, they just sit around thinking, burger flippers are on their feet all the day, they are the real workers

It has nothing to do with that at all.

ANYONE with no or very little training can do those jobs that is why they are low pay.

And fast food is not hard work. I've done it I know.

Try slinging shingles on a hot roof all day and then tell me the guy stuffing burgers in a bag should get the same pay as the guy who roofs your house ( a job that actually takes some skill)

CEO's? They don't do shit, they make millions sitting around all day

They real workers who deserve millions are the dumb fucks that need 4 of them to figure out how to change a light bulb
It's a give-take relationship, yet CEO's earn millions even if the company losses money....Employees, not so much..Both need each other to operate and produce product...
employees still get paid if the company loses money don't they?

of course they do.

They don't work hard, they just sit around thinking, burger flippers are on their feet all the day, they are the real workers

ANYONE with no or very little training can do those jobs that is why they are low pay.

Try slinging shingles on a hot roof all day and then tell me the guy stuffing burgers in a bag should get the same pay as the guy who roofs your house ( a job that actually takes some skill)
Roofing is easy too, it's no harder than cooking in a hot kitchen on a summer day...roofing laborers do not make anymore or much more than a burger flipper and they work hard also...

Roofing is easy too, it's no harder than cooking in a hot kitchen on a summer dday...

Yeah it is.

I've done both and roofing was by far the harder job and it takes more skill than dropping fries into grease all day

Forum List

Back