Why should I vote for the GOP?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
The GOP is against the video game industry. Why should I vote for a party that is against my interests?

Blame Game Former White House Official Blames Video Games for Colorado Shooting GamePolitics

Colorado shooting apos s lessons will soon be lost - Baltimore Sun

Why should I vote for a political party that doesn't respect an art form? Why should I vote for a party that treats a medium and art form as a kids toy when in reality the average gamer is 33 years old.

Gamasutra - ESA Stats Average U.S. Gamer 33 Years Old

This comment says it best!

"It is sad to think that a man of such low intelligence and reasoning was in such a such a high position of power in government. But then again, so are 90% of people in the government to being with. The only way they see with dealing with problems is to curtail our individual rights and freedoms, whether it be the first, second or any other amendments of the constitution.

Both the Dems and Repubs need to be sweeped out of office and replaced with those who believe in liberty as well as personal choice and responsibility."

The GOP is just a conservative version of the nanny state.

Do what you want, others that actually have a life will remember this.....

b6budl.jpg

b6budl.jpg

So conservatism is censorship? How would you like them to get rid of all action movies? Liberal or conservative no fucking nanny statist is going to tell me what to watch and what to play! Fuck em all!

b6budl.jpg
"Do what you want, others that actually have a life will remember this....."-Vigilante

And that explains your 13,787 posts, plus all the cartoons you posted in just 8 months? :laugh:
If that's having a life, gimme liberty!

b6budl.jpg

So conservatism is censorship? How would you like them to get rid of all action movies? Liberal or conservative no fucking nanny statist is going to tell me what to watch and what to play! Fuck em all!

Well, liberals want to get rid of all guns, how would that effect your video games? Kill everyone with a knife? Personally a simple warning that violent games will NOT be sold to anyone that isn't legally able to DRINK, would be a partial solution!

Who was it that pushed for warning labels on music back in the '90s? That was damn silly...

As to your question... You shouldn't vote for Republicans. Or Democrats. You should vote for the person or people who you feel will do the best job while best representing you and your interests. Whatever they may be. Voting for or against a party is, in my mind, foolish.

Vote your conscience.

b6budl.jpg
"Do what you want, others that actually have a life will remember this....."-Vigilante

And that explains your 13,787 posts, plus all the cartoons you posted in just 8 months? :laugh:

You mean because I PARTICIPATE in many discussions, have people on here that AGREE with me, and have a fairly large THANK YOU and AGREE rating, in that 8 month period, I have to live on here?.... I must admit, I rarely watch TV as the many forums I visit are actually more learned and interesting than something like "Blackish" on TV, that seems to make one lose IQ!

But I imagine, a dimwit like you spends much of his time with VIDEO GAMES, instead of finding out what is going on in the world, or perhaps a job?... Yes, I'm retired, thank you! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::banana:

Who was it that pushed for warning labels on music back in the '90s? That was damn silly...

As to your question... You shouldn't vote for Republicans. Or Democrats. You should vote for the person or people who you feel will do the best job while best representing you and your interests. Whatever they may be. Voting for or against a party is, in my mind, foolish.

Vote your conscience.

It was a liberal anti gun senator named Leland Yee that pushed an anti gaming law in California 3 years ago.

It wouldn't matter. My kid was going over to his friends house and playing Halo at age 8 and 9. Frankly, it outraged me. I'm a little less irritated now that he is 13, but I STILL don't like him playing that game.

And I categorically DO NOT like him playing CALL OF DUTY. No kid under 16 should play those game IMHO. But parents that work till 5 just don't give a shit, none of them do. Seriously. Even the evangelical Christians next door that send their kids to a parochial school let have been letting their kid play Black Ops and rated M games since he was ten. I'm' like, WTF?

These spoiled brats want the games for Christmas, and they get them. Then, the boys get together at each others houses, and they play these games. There isn't a whole lot a parent can do. If you tell the other parents you don't want your kid playing those games, then when a group of kids comes over to their house, their best option is to just not let your kid come inside because he has to be treated with kid gloves, or like a baby, rather than that parent being a decent human being. It is awful, it really is.

Rush Limbaugh Defends Games As Art - News - www.GameInformer.com

I like Rush Limbaugh. If all GOP politicians were like him I would probably vote Republican.

Rush has an opinion, some conservatives agree, others don't, personally I feel he's correct over 90% of the time. The late NYC Mayor Koch used to say......
“If you agree with me on 9 out of 12 issues, you should vote for me, If you agree with me on 12 out of 12 issues, you should see a psychiatrist.”

You just can't please everyone!

Vote your conscience.

It was a liberal anti gun senator named Leland Yee that pushed an anti gaming law in California 3 years ago.

Yeah, and he was arrested for gun running or some such thing... No, I was thinking of Tipper Gore. She spearheaded the now industry wide practice of warning labels on music back when she and Al were in D.C.

The GOP is against the video game industry. Why should I vote for a party that is against my interests?

Blame Game Former White House Official Blames Video Games for Colorado Shooting GamePolitics

Colorado shooting apos s lessons will soon be lost - Baltimore Sun

Why should I vote for a political party that doesn't respect an art form? Why should I vote for a party that treats a medium and art form as a kids toy when in reality the average gamer is 33 years old.

Gamasutra - ESA Stats Average U.S. Gamer 33 Years Old

This comment says it best!

"It is sad to think that a man of such low intelligence and reasoning was in such a such a high position of power in government. But then again, so are 90% of people in the government to being with. The only way they see with dealing with problems is to curtail our individual rights and freedoms, whether it be the first, second or any other amendments of the constitution.

Both the Dems and Repubs need to be sweeped out of office and replaced with those who believe in liberty as well as personal choice and responsibility."

The GOP is just a conservative version of the nanny state.

What, exactly, is your problem? Do you think that all art forms should be available to children of all ages, regardless of sexual or violent content?

b6budl.jpg

You mean because I PARTICIPATE in many discussions, have people on here that AGREE with me, and have a fairly large THANK YOU and AGREE rating, in that 8 month period, I have to live on here?.... I must admit, I rarely watch TV as the many forums I visit are actually more learned and interesting than something like "Blackish" on TV, that seems to make one lose IQ!

But I imagine, a dimwit like you spends much of his time with VIDEO GAMES, instead of finding out what is going on in the world, or perhaps a job?... Yes, I'm retired, thank you! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::banana:

I have a friend who's retired. Last year he played golf in thirty two states, this year he had played golf in 26 states. He's out on a national road trip right now exploring America and visiting friends. The guy is always on the go. You should get off your ass a do stuff as you're retired, like my friend.
Myself, I have a job. a family, lots of friends, a lake cabin "Up North", season tickets for two professional sports teams and some hobbies (hiking/snowshoeing,biking/year around tennis). I'm a busy Type A guy. About the only time I play video games is with my grand kids when they are visiting and the weather is crappy outside.
I could care less how many "Likes" you have, after all this is a conservative dominated board, you should have a lot of "Likes". It must be all those cartoons you post. :dunno:

b6budl.jpg

I have a friend who's retired. Last year he played golf in thirty two states, this year he had played golf in 26 states. He's out on a national road trip right now exploring America and visiting friends. The guy is always on the go. You should get off your ass a do stuff as you're retired, like my friend.
Myself, I have a job. a family, lots of friends, a lake cabin "Up North", season tickets for two professional sports teams and some hobbies (hiking/snowshoeing,biking/year around tennis). I'm a busy Type A guy. About the only time I play video games is with my grand kids when they are visiting and the weather is crappy outside.
I could care less how many "Likes" you have, after all this is a conservative dominated board, you should have a lot of "Likes". It must be all those cartoons you post. :dunno:

Sorry, I don't play golf, I don't watch much sports, I've sold most of the properties I had, have few of what I would call good friends, but do what I prefer to do, rescue animals, mostly cats. Gives me a GREAT feeling in my heart, when I can save ones life. It's a little thing, that takes up most of my day, & is lots of work, but I can actually see that I have made a difference in their meager existence. Perhaps it's my small act, that makes a difference between being conservative to your RICH LIBERAL lifestyle. Yes, I enjoy those cartoons, it aggravates people like you, but to thinking people, it tells a story with few words, and a simple picture. My grandkids are beyond video games, they are into making something of their lives, often asking me for my opinion and advice. After 7 decades, I can truthfully say, been there, done that!

Now, I simply like to show how some are trying to FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE, what doesn't have to be changed!

b6budl.jpg

Sorry, I don't play golf, I don't watch much sports, I've sold most of the properties I had, have few of what I would call good friends, but do what I prefer to do, rescue animals, mostly cats. Gives me a GREAT feeling in my heart, when I can save ones life. It's a little thing, that takes up most of my day, & is lots of work, but I can actually see that I have made a difference in their meager existence. Perhaps it's my small act, that makes a difference between being conservative to your RICH LIBERAL lifestyle. Yes, I enjoy those cartoons, it aggravates people like you, but to thinking people, it tells a story with few words, and a simple picture. My grandkids are beyond video games, they are into making something of their lives, often asking me for my opinion and advice. After 7 decades, I can truthfully say, been there, done that!

Now, I simply like to show how some are trying to FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE, what doesn't have to be changed!

Well, if you're involved rescuing animals and "mostly cats", I guess you're not all bad. :shock: My wife and I have rescued dogs, cats and birds also.
Your cartoon fetish doesn't aggravate me, I just think it's sad when people use other people's thoughts instead of their own.
Thirdly, I'm not "RICH LIBERAL", I'm moderate middle class (maybe a tad upscale). My life style is all earned.

b6budl.jpg

Well, if you're involved rescuing animals and "mostly cats", I guess you're not all bad. :shock: My wife and I have rescued dogs, cats and birds also.
Your cartoon fetish doesn't aggravate me, I just think it's sad when people use other people's thoughts instead of their own.
Thirdly, I'm not "RICH LIBERAL", I'm moderate middle class (maybe a tad upscale). My life style is all earned.

You don't realize those posters represent what MILLIONS of people think, not just the person who made them, don't you?

You don't realize those posters represent what MILLIONS of people think, not just the person who made them, don't you?

Yeah, millions of people think like that. But many of your cartoons are filled with hate for Obama and liberals. Most people don't have that seething hate for Obama/liberals. Most people who disagree with Obama/liberals don't hate them, they simply don't agree with them. Just like millions of people disagree with conservatives and specifically the more extreme conservatives but don't hate them either.
Myself, I sometimes agree with conservatives and sometimes I agree with liberals, it depends on the issue. Many times I agree with the solution that is something in-between both sides of the issue. I do my own thinking after studying the issue and what both sides are saying. I'm a big believer in compromise as I have seen compromise work more often than not in my business career, personal life and in politics (welfare reform for instance with the GOP and Clinton).
This hate thing has to go before my country (and yours) can move forward. It doesn't accomplish one thing other than dividing the country. The old saying "united we stand, divided we fall" is a very accurate statement. Thus the rise of the moderates in this country's demographics. Because I believe in this, I really don't have much time for the the extreme left or right, they are counter-productive and I find them to be very close-minded. I don't hate them, I just plain disagree with them. The fringe of the left and right make up a small segment of this country's demographics but they seem to think that everyone should follow their lead. Follow the lead of narrow-mindedness? No thanks.
USMB, in no way mirrors the demographics of the US. But then message boards like USMB do attract the extremes more than the norm. I have been posting on boards like USMB since the mid-to-late 90s and USMB's demographic mirror most political boards. It's just that this hate thing is stronger on this board than any board I have ever posted on.

Yeah, millions of people think like that. But many of your cartoons are filled with hate for Obama and liberals. Most people don't have that seething hate for Obama/liberals. Most people who disagree with Obama/liberals don't hate them, they simply don't agree with them. Just like millions of people disagree with conservatives and specifically the more extreme conservatives but don't hate them either.
Myself, I sometimes agree with conservatives and sometimes I agree with liberals, it depends on the issue. Many times I agree with the solution that is something in-between both sides of the issue. I do my own thinking after studying the issue and what both sides are saying. I'm a big believer in compromise as I have seen compromise work more often than not in my business career, personal life and in politics (welfare reform for instance with the GOP and Clinton).
This hate thing has to go before my country (and yours) can move forward. It doesn't accomplish one thing other than dividing the country. The old saying "united we stand, divided we fall" is a very accurate statement. Thus the rise of the moderates in this country's demographics. Because I believe in this, I really don't have much time for the the extreme left or right, they are counter-productive and I find them to be very close-minded. I don't hate them, I just plain disagree with them. The fringe of the left and right make up a small segment of this country's demographics but they seem to think that everyone should follow their lead. Follow the lead of narrow-mindedness? No thanks.
USMB, in no way mirrors the demographics of the US. But then message boards like USMB do attract the extremes more than the norm. I have been posting on boards like USMB since the mid-to-late 90s and USMB's demographic mirror most political boards. It's just that this hate thing is stronger on this board than any board I have ever posted on.

Perhaps you just have a fog over your eyes and can't see what has happened to the country, or perhaps YOU agree with what has happened? Just the scandals along make Clinton and Bush look like decent leaders!

Forum List

Back