Why should Republicans be rewarded after shutting down the federal government?

I don't get it. Do people not care - or do they just have short memories? Why is it always Republicans who shut down the government - and threaten to many more times? I never hear of Democrats shutting down the government - or even threatening to shut it down. Why is that?

Ain't No Party Like A Shutdown Party: Your 2014 GOP

You'll NEVER get it.

America is rejecting your King.

i love it how it actually takes both parties to shutdown government, but dems only blame pubs....much like how obama blames everyone but himself....

Republicans shut down the government over Obamacare - Obama's signature legislation that Republicans knew Obama would NOT give up. Republicans knew this in advance - but shut the government down anyway.

Oh whatever. the gov't was briefly shutdown n gov't workers got a paid vacation.

That government shutdown cost taxpayers $24 billion.

Government Shutdown Cost $24 Billion, Standard & Poor's Says
So why didnt Obama agree to negotiate to keep the debt from skyrocketing? Why did he order shutting down national parks and preventing WW2 vets from visiting places?
The Democrats deserve to be tarred and feathered over that, not just to lose the election.

i love it how it actually takes both parties to shutdown government, but dems only blame pubs....much like how obama blames everyone but himself....

Republicans shut down the government over Obamacare - Obama's signature legislation that Republicans knew Obama would NOT give up. Republicans knew this in advance - but shut the government down anyway.

Oh whatever. the gov't was briefly shutdown n gov't workers got a paid vacation.

So why didnt Obama agree to negotiate to keep the debt from skyrocketing? Why did he order shutting down national parks and preventing WW2 vets from visiting places?
The Democrats deserve to be tarred and feathered over that, not just to lose the election.

Please give us some "credible" proof that Obama and Democrats did all that by themselves.

Please give us some "credible" proof that Obama and Democrats did all that by themselves.
you are a complete idiot. Stfu and go away little boy.

you are a complete idiot. Stfu and go away little boy.

Why am I a complete idiot - because I ask for "credible" proof of NaziCon lies?

I don't get it. Do people not care - or do they just have short memories? Why is it always Republicans who shut down the government - and threaten to many more times? I never hear of Democrats shutting down the government - or even threatening to shut it down. Why is that?

Reid and Obutthurt shut down the Gov't. Keep lying liar.

Give us some "credible" proof of your claim.

Voters have the memory capacity of a goldfish. This condition has been carefully instilled and nurtured by the hack media outlets which feed them their manufactured bullshit.

I'm sure this is exactly what the Whitehouse thinks, or they wouldn't use racism in every election. The left thinks voters are stupid. It's what most of their policies are based on. Our brains are unused and easily manipulated. We barely remember to breathe.

I don't get it. Do people not care - or do they just have short memories? Why is it always Republicans who shut down the government - and threaten to many more times?

Why is it that Democrats refuse to spend in anything close to a fiscally responsible manner thereby requiring Congress to resort to the only remedy it has in the face of such devastating action, cut 'em off?

You see, to those of use that advocate fiscal responsibility and living within our means (crazy, I know), it's the DEMS that forced the government to shut down.

Blows your simple minded world view, I get it.

I never hear of Democrats shutting down the government - or even threatening to shut it down. Why is that?

Because you only look at media outlets that support your fucked up world view.

I don't get it. Do people not care - or do they just have short memories? Why is it always Republicans who shut down the government - and threaten tomany more times? I never hear of Democrats shutting down the government - or even threatening to shut it down. Why is that?
Because thinking people don't vote for Democrats.

Getting nervous are you ?

Not really, but my thread is asking an honest question. I really don't get it. The polls do sound like Republicans will take the Senate - but why should they be rewarded after such gross obstruction?
I think that the pundits and the polls are going to be proven wrong. The media is promoting the idea that the Republicans are going to gain control of the Senate. This idea is being pushed so hard, especially at the CNN website, that Democrats who normally would not bother to cast their votes in a mid-term election are going to be motivated to get off of their butts and to go down to the polling stations to keep this from happening.

Not really, but my thread is asking an honest question. I really don't get it. The polls do sound like Republicans will take the Senate - but why should they be rewarded after such gross obstruction?
I think that the pundits and the polls are going to be proven wrong. The media is promoting the idea that the Republicans are going to gain control of the Senate. This idea is being pushed so hard, especially at the CNN website, that Democrats who normally would not bother to cast their votes in a mid-term election are going to be motivated to get off of their butts and to go down to the polling stations to keep this from happening.

You go ahead and run with this ;)

IOW, the Obama mania media is trying to manipulate the election results. We knew that.

To answer the OP, it takes two to tango. The House sent multiple spending bills to the Senate funding the entire government except for Obamadon'tcare. Reid sat on them. Obama wanted the temporary slowdown (only about 17% of spending actually stopped, and all employee pay was retroactively made up), and he milked it to cause as much pain as possible, even trying to close down stuff that didn't belong to the federal government. The slowdown was Obama's.

Order to Close WWII Memorial Came from Obama Administration Park Svc. Says CNS News
Carol Johnson said it was orders from the WH to shut down the war memorial.

Order to Close WWII Memorial Came from Obama Administration Park Svc. Says CNS News
Carol Johnson said it was orders from the WH to shut down the war memorial.
Oops. That's gonna sting.

Tissue? the people of the US are voting today today to show how much they hate obama and the democratic party. When the results are released read them and weep bitches.
One would hoper that the people today are voting on the issues, not on a president who is not, nor can he be on the ballot for the office of President of the United States of America.

If "we hate Obama" is all the GOP has, why then are people voting for them?

Tissue? the people of the US are voting today today to show how much they hate obama and the democratic party. When the results are released read them and weep bitches.
One would hoper that the people today are voting on the issues, not on a president who is not, nor can he be on the ballot for the office of President of the United States of America.

Why are people voting against the GOP because the Dems accused them of racism?

They want to put you back in chains - Joe Biden
Don't shoot - Democrats in general
If the GOP takes back Congress life as we know it will end - Nancy Pelosi

Remember all of these false claims by Democrats?

Because they agree.

Didn't the Democrat House shut down the congress every year Ronald Reagan was President?

Forum List

Back