🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why the Left Hate Tim Tebow

Okay, let's unpack this bunch of crazy.

1. Really, churches around you are "noisy"? They cause traffic messes that bother you on Sunday morning? Hmmmm

Um, yeah, i have a mega-church right down the street from me, and it causes all sorts of messes. We also have a Mosque and a Hindu temple near me. The Hindus can cause some traffic messes, too.

2. Christians think Jesus is Lord and Savior. Thinking He was a "good teacher" will not get you saved and even He said so. "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."--John 14:6

Again, I don't think he actually existed, I think he was made up by Saul and other writers, and every virtue they wanted was tacked onto him.

We could also talk about how the Gospel of John is flawed, as it contradicts the other three, but never mind that.

3. Abortion and homosexuality are not worse sins than others; they are only sins that society demands we ACCEPT. That's why Christians speak out about them so forcefully. In fact, society calls these sins not only acceptable but "good". Society does not call murder good, or adultery good in most cases, or theft good. If it did, we'd be out talking about that.

But Jesus didn't talk about those sins. (In fact, Abortion is mentioned NOWHERE in the bible).

The thing with Homosexuality is the only reason why you all think it's bad is because your magic sky man says so and you think it's icky. You really don't have an argument beyond that. Lots of things I think are icky, but I don't try to use a 3000 year old book to try to deny people their enjoyment of them.

4. The fact that people are messed up does not have one iota to do with whether or not Jesus was a real person. Saying so is baldly illogical, don't you think?

Which wasn't the point I was making.

Go back and read what I said, and then have someone explain the big words to you.

How do we know Julius Caesar existed? There are contemporary accounts of his life (including his own writing), statues made of him, we know what day he was born and where, what day he died and where.

We have no such information on "Jesus". In fact, "some guy named Yeshua who thought he was the Messiah" actually describes a lot of people of that time. When you then get into the more silly stuff like walking on water, or turning water into wine, you just have to laugh at this stuff.

1. Really, churches around you are "noisy"? They cause traffic messes that bother you on Sunday morning? Hmmmm

Um, yeah, i have a mega-church right down the street from me, and it causes all sorts of messes. We also have a Mosque and a Hindu temple near me. The Hindus can cause some traffic messes, too.

2. Christians think Jesus is Lord and Savior. Thinking He was a "good teacher" will not get you saved and even He said so. "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."--John 14:6

Again, I don't think he actually existed, I think he was made up by Saul and other writers, and every virtue they wanted was tacked onto him.

We could also talk about how the Gospel of John is flawed, as it contradicts the other three, but never mind that.

3. Abortion and homosexuality are not worse sins than others; they are only sins that society demands we ACCEPT. That's why Christians speak out about them so forcefully. In fact, society calls these sins not only acceptable but "good". Society does not call murder good, or adultery good in most cases, or theft good. If it did, we'd be out talking about that.

But Jesus didn't talk about those sins. (In fact, Abortion is mentioned NOWHERE in the bible).

The thing with Homosexuality is the only reason why you all think it's bad is because your magic sky man says so and you think it's icky. You really don't have an argument beyond that. Lots of things I think are icky, but I don't try to use a 3000 year old book to try to deny people their enjoyment of them.

4. The fact that people are messed up does not have one iota to do with whether or not Jesus was a real person. Saying so is baldly illogical, don't you think?

Go back and read what I said, and then have someone explain the big words to you.

How do we know Julius Caesar existed? There are contemporary accounts of his life (including his own writing), statues made of him, we know what day he was born and where, what day he died and where.

We have no such information on "Jesus". In fact, "some guy named Yeshua who thought he was the Messiah" actually describes a lot of people of that time. When you then get into the more silly stuff like walking on water, or turning water into wine, you just have to laugh at this stuff.

Almost all historians think that Jesus was a real person who lived. If you don't, you're really an outlier.

You know what's so funny about this. The people so offended by Tebow's Christianity would probably agree with Obama that the Muslim call to prayer, which happens five times a day right over the loudspeaker, is "one of the most beautiful sounds in the world" or whatever.

We know. Believe me, we know.
Actually it is a beautiful sound.

I guess if you like the sound of theocracy it is.

Leftists are funny.

So are righties. Do you want this evangelical bibble stuff in your neighborhood. A little jeffress or graham or focus on the family with your corn flakes? What about sessions spouting bibble talk to explain the government's position on the separation of parents and children at the border? Theocracy is upon us.
Immigration and Christianity are two totally separate issues. I really question your sanity if you prefer Islam over Christianity.

I never said anything of the sort. If immigration and Christianity are separate issues, why was sessions spouting bibble? He was the one who dragged religion into the issue. As for Islam, Christianity, Judaism, or anything else, I never stated a preference. There are 2 billion Christians in the world, BTW, of many different Christian religions. Tebow is one of these "look at me, I'm praying" types. It's annoying. He is an attention seeker.
There are different Christian denominations, not religions. Sessions has the right to quote bible verses. Freedom of religion is a RIGHT in this country. Tebow has the RIGHT to pray wherever he wants to in this country. Grow up.

I've nothing but respect for Tim Tebow. But what has me wondering is why white Christians like Tebow and Kurt Warner seem to get all the attention about their faith?

Last edited:
Actually it is a beautiful sound.

Leftists are funny.

So are righties. Do you want this evangelical bibble stuff in your neighborhood. A little jeffress or graham or focus on the family with your corn flakes? What about sessions spouting bibble talk to explain the government's position on the separation of parents and children at the border? Theocracy is upon us.
Immigration and Christianity are two totally separate issues. I really question your sanity if you prefer Islam over Christianity.

I never said anything of the sort. If immigration and Christianity are separate issues, why was sessions spouting bibble? He was the one who dragged religion into the issue. As for Islam, Christianity, Judaism, or anything else, I never stated a preference. There are 2 billion Christians in the world, BTW, of many different Christian religions. Tebow is one of these "look at me, I'm praying" types. It's annoying. He is an attention seeker.
There are different Christian denominations, not religions. Sessions has the right to quote bible verses. Freedom of religion is a RIGHT in this country. Tebow has the RIGHT to pray wherever he wants to in this country. Grow up.

I don't need to "grow up." They are entirely different religions. Sessions needs to understand that he is a public official serving a religiously diverse nation. A theocracy is entirely unwanted here, and sessions appears to be trying to install one; trying to justify a public policy by reference to his own religion. Yes, people have a right to pray. But I can still criticize how tebow goes about it. He is a show-off and attention-seeker. What's the point? That everyone in the stands needs to watch him pray? People go to football games to watch football. They go to city counsel meetings to interact with government officials on policy questions. Prayer is part of one's private life. I still would like to know what's so urgent with him or any of them.

Yes, freedom of religion is one of the rights that people have in this country, but it is by far not the only one and does not supersede the rights of others. Moreover, if religious beliefs are used to attack the rights of others, there is no right to preferential treatment.

I've nothing but respect at all for Tim Tebow. But what has me wondering is why white Christians like Tebow and Kurt Warner seem to get all the attention about their faith?
The leftist media puts the spotlight on Christian athletes that are bold and actually live their faith. It's the media freak show. It sells. It's not the athletes, it's the media seeking the attention.

Leftists are funny.

I don't need to "grow up." They are entirely different religions. Sessions needs to understand that he is a public official serving a religiously diverse nation. A theocracy is entirely unwanted here, and sessions appears to be trying to install one; trying to justify a public policy by reference to his own religion. Yes, people have a right to pray. But I can still criticize how tebow goes about it. He is a show-off and attention-seeker. What's the point? That everyone in the stands needs to watch him pray? People go to football games to watch football. They go to city counsel meetings to interact with government officials on policy questions. Prayer is part of one's private life. I still would like to know what's so urgent with him or any of them.

Yes, freedom of religion is one of the rights that people have in this country, but it is by far not the only one and does not supersede the rights of others. Moreover, if religious beliefs are used to attack the rights of others, there is no right to preferential treatment.
Sessions and Tebow haven't demanded anyone else to pray or read a bible or attend a church. People can pray at council meetings. There is no law in the United States that says people can only pray in church or at home. It just bothers you. Grow up and show some tolerance.

Sessions and Tebow haven't demanded anyone else to pray or read a bible or attend a church. People can pray at council meetings. There is no law in the United States that says people can only pray in church or at home. It just bothers you. Grow up and show some tolerance.

A public official should never, ever try to justify a public policy on grounds of his or her specific religion and prayer should never, ever be part of a public proceeding and be included in the official agenda. There is plenty of time to pray both before and after, and one still has the option of praying silently. Church and home are not the only places in which one can pray. How "tolerant" are you with the religious practices of other faiths? Are you going to hold a proceeding up so that a Muslim can meet his or her prayer obligations?

...again in your opinion

A public official should never, ever try to justify a public policy on grounds of his or her specific religion and prayer should never, ever be part of a public proceeding and be included in the official agenda. There is plenty of time to pray both before and after, and one still has the option of praying silently. Church and home are not the only places in which one can pray. How "tolerant" are you with the religious practices of other faiths? Are you going to hold a proceeding up so that a Muslim can meet his or her prayer obligations?
There are prayers at every Presidential inauguration. Why don't you try and stop it?

Leftists are funny.

It offends you to watch people pray, and therefore they should not? Kewl, it offends me to watch people kneel during the national anthem, and therefore they should not.

Amirite? That's how it goes....right?

It offends you to watch people pray, and therefore they should not? Kewl, it offends me to watch people kneel during the national anthem, and therefore they should not.

You'd approve of Muslim prayer?

3. Abortion and homosexuality are not worse sins than others; they are only sins that society demands we ACCEPT.
Haha, what nonsense. We also demand that you accept the right to eat shellfish, and to wear two different types of cloth.

*These and other embarrassingly stupid "sins" brought to you by christianity

You'd approve of Muslim prayer?
Muslims have the right to pray.

3. Abortion and homosexuality are not worse sins than others; they are only sins that society demands we ACCEPT.
Haha, what nonsense. We also demand that you accept the right to eat shellfish, and to wear two different types of cloth.

You're confused. You don't understand the difference between old testament law and the new testament church.

Almost all historians think that Jesus was a real person who lived. If you don't, you're really an outlier.

Well, they can think that, if they want. More likely they don't challenge it because they know how upset you fundies get when anyone questions your magic sky man.

No, you like to think we get upset. To be honest everything you've said is just like a mosquito buzzing in my ear, as old as the Garden.

The real religion these days the Church of Social Justice. Or in your case, The Resistance. Look, it's even in your signature! THAT is the fundie religion that cannot be questioned. Do not doubt it.

There is a true definition of family actually.
Sweet! Could you please state it? Thank you. We will all be blessed to be divined this absolute truth you possess.

Predictable. And really stupid.

Because here comes the part where we pretend that, since definitions have exceptions, words that have meanings even kindergarteners understand on their FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL don't mean anything.

First day of Kindergarten: "Draw a picture of your family". Every child gets busy. NO child says, "What is a family?"

But when we talk about God, we have to pretend to be so stupid that we don't understand the meaning of simple terms.

I don't play stupid games.

So in your estimation, we are still Israelites living outside the Tabernacle.

There's some Biblical literacy for you.

Forum List

Back