🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why the Left Hate Tim Tebow

Depends on the god and what they pray for. Islam is about COBQUEST, BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY

Cobquest? Is that where you look for corn?

Okay, seriously, folks. You can pull verses out of the Koran or Bible to make either religion look kid of awful. It's kind of low hanging fruit.

But our problem with the Islamic world is not that their belief in an angry sky man is worse than our belief in an angry sky man.

It's that we keep sticking our nose in their business, and wondering why it gets punched.

Of course you're a Regressive.

White Guilt & self loathing are a fundamental part of the package. It's why you folks are so hateful.

Um, admitting that we still have racism and bigotry in this country and we ought to be doing something about that isn't "Self-hate", Stormy Mac.

Neither is getting a little tired of people who scream about Jesus all day and never really understand what the guy was trying to say. (Or what Saul of Tarses was trying to say because Jesus probably never existed.)

You know what's so funny about this. The people so offended by Tebow's Christianity would probably agree with Obama that the Muslim call to prayer, which happens five times a day right over the loudspeaker, is "one of the most beautiful sounds in the world" or whatever.

We know. Believe me, we know.

Yawn... I think you mistake an appreciation for art for the kind of religious stupidity that often goes with it. A Gregorian Chant can also sound wonderful.

The Church has created a lot of wonderful art, but it really doesn't excuse 2000 years of backwards stupidity and generally missing whatever point Jesus was trying to make.

I am not actually talking about the sound from the mosques. The sound itself might be quite beautiful, but many posters here--if that same sound were coming from Christian churches--would hate it. I mean let's be honest. Because the anti-Christian bias is painfully clear.

What point do you think Jesus was trying to make? I think our inability to keep to His teachings rather makes not only HIS point, but the entire point of the Bible.

White Guilt & self loathing are a fundamental part of the package. It's why you folks are so hateful.

Um, admitting that we still have racism and bigotry in this country and we ought to be doing something about that isn't "Self-hate", Stormy Mac.

Neither is getting a little tired of people who scream about Jesus all day and never really understand what the guy was trying to say. (Or what Saul of Tarses was trying to say because Jesus probably never existed.)

This made me laugh. The implication of course is the only people who REALLY know what Jesus was trying to say are the people who don't believe He existed.

Can't make this stuff up--just have to laugh at it.

This made me laugh. The implication of course is the only people who REALLY know what Jesus was trying to say are the people who don't believe He existed.

Jesus existed.....fool. But he didn't die and then come back to life nor did he tell you to hate gay people.

Jesus existed.....fool. But he didn't die and then come back to life nor did he tell you to hate gay people.
Your political correctness overwhelms you

It is no such thing. It's a religion like any other. All religions have violent followers who use their religious identity for abuse. Sad, but true.
Christianity is not a religion, it’s a faith...
Religion is man-made…

Christianity is a religion comprising a collection of many faiths. A Methodist is not a Roman Catholic is not a Greek Orthodox is not a Presbyterian is not a Lutheran is not a Southern Baptist is not a Quaker and so forth. This is why I find people who just call themselves "Christian" is so bogus.
It is no such thing. It's a religion like any other. All religions have violent followers who use their religious identity for abuse. Sad, but true.
Religion is man-made…

Christianity is a religion comprising a collection of many faiths. A Methodist is not a Roman Catholic is not a Greek Orthodox is not a Presbyterian is not a Lutheran is not a Southern Baptist is not a Quaker and so forth. This is why I find people who just call themselves "Christian" is so bogus.

That's like saying-- "Relatives" is a term comprising of many relationships. A mother is not a cousin is not a brother is not an aunt is not a daughter. That is why I find people who just call themselves "family" so bogus.

Okay, true. But just because you say there are differences in the family relationships does not mean there is therefore no definition of "family". I mean, that's pretty irrational, isn't it?

But one has to differentiate. Otherwise, you don't know what you are dealing with. There is too much variation in beliefs. People seem to be making up "Christianity" as they go long. I can think of at least four beliefs that some of these churches hold that I think are absolutely nuts. Many years ago, a friend of mine went to church with her teenage daughter, who had heard about a particular church, only to walk in and find out that it was one of those anti-gay places. They left promptly. You never can tell.

Okay, but saying there is variation in beliefs doesn't mean there is no core belief. Before you basically said that because there is variation in belief there is no core belief, and that is a base fallacy. Again that's like saying because there are different family relationships there's no such thing as family. That's wholly illogical.

I never said that there is no core belief, or else there wouldn't be any Christians. I merely said that all of these different groups should each have a specific name for identification and ease of reference since they are radically different from each other. A Roman Catholic is way different from some Protestant group that talks about the "Rapture," for instance. This is why I would like further identification of what kind of Christian. People say the darnedest, most cringe-worthy things sometimes and then just say that it's because they are "Christian," thus making other Christians look bad.

I see that the Northern Irish are at it again. One Presbyterian Church, one Church of Ireland Church, and one Roman Catholic Church have been vandalized in recent days. A Roman Catholic Church priest was intimidated by a mob of "Orange" marchers last week or so.

I don't hate the man, but what is this showboat shit by people calling themselves Christian about? There are around 2 billion Christians in the world who don't feel the need to talk to God in the middle of a football game or in the middle of a county council meeting. There wasn't this kind of theatrics when I was growing up. I don't think the people who do this want to talk to God. I think they want attention. There is plenty of time in a day to talk to God. Tebow is one of these attention seekers.
Bigot. ^^^

I'm a "bigot" because I don't like the theatrics and attention-seeking? This practice is so rude. Anyone can pray at any given time, but one is supposed to be conversing with the Supreme Being, not putting on a show for onlookers who are there for another event that you are hired or elected to participate in. There is plenty of time for prayer before or after the game or meeting. You can even pray while driving. What are these people asking the Supreme Being for, anyway? What is so urgent? It's not like they are on a plane that is falling back to earth at 600 miles an hour.

In the middle of the second act, Hamlet ignores his audience, and falls to his knees on the stage, praying "Lord, could you tell me what my next line is, please"?

I am not actually talking about the sound from the mosques. The sound itself might be quite beautiful, but many posters here--if that same sound were coming from Christian churches--would hate it. I mean let's be honest. Because the anti-Christian bias is painfully clear.

I wasn't aware anyone complained about the noise coming from churches. Or the traffic messes they cause on Sunday Morning. We all kind of just tolerate it... Which is fine.

What point do you think Jesus was trying to make? I think our inability to keep to His teachings rather makes not only HIS point, but the entire point of the Bible.

Treat people the way you'd want to be treated.
Take care of those less unfortunate than you.
Forgive your enemies...

You know, the complete oppossite of what the Christian Wrong preaches. They think it's about hating abortions and gays, which Jesus never talked about.

Oh, I don't think he existed because even the Gospels can't get their story straight about the backstory of his life, like when he lived, when he died, etc. You know, the basic stuff you would find in a biography of a real person, long before you get to the whole crazy walking on water/rising from the dead/curing lepers nonsense.

If you look how the books of the bible were written, with the teachings coming first and the biographical information coming later, it screams "Fiction".

I don't hate the man, but what is this showboat shit by people calling themselves Christian about? There are around 2 billion Christians in the world who don't feel the need to talk to God in the middle of a football game or in the middle of a county council meeting. There wasn't this kind of theatrics when I was growing up. I don't think the people who do this want to talk to God. I think they want attention. There is plenty of time in a day to talk to God. Tebow is one of these attention seekers.
Bigot. ^^^

Yeah, can you imagine if we said Muslims or Sikhs only wear their religious garb for attention-seeking and no other reason? hahahahaha...the Left would lose their MINDS

Nobody ever complained about Christians wearing the garb that they wear, whatever it is that they wear as a sign of their religion. I don't know of any, but they are free to do so. Are there some Christians who wear a special hat or something? I'm not aware of it. And I'm not aware that anyone ever complained about it. And I was brought up Christian.

Religion is man-made…

Religion is man-made…

That's like saying-- "Relatives" is a term comprising of many relationships. A mother is not a cousin is not a brother is not an aunt is not a daughter. That is why I find people who just call themselves "family" so bogus.

Okay, true. But just because you say there are differences in the family relationships does not mean there is therefore no definition of "family". I mean, that's pretty irrational, isn't it?

But one has to differentiate. Otherwise, you don't know what you are dealing with. There is too much variation in beliefs. People seem to be making up "Christianity" as they go long. I can think of at least four beliefs that some of these churches hold that I think are absolutely nuts. Many years ago, a friend of mine went to church with her teenage daughter, who had heard about a particular church, only to walk in and find out that it was one of those anti-gay places. They left promptly. You never can tell.

Okay, but saying there is variation in beliefs doesn't mean there is no core belief. Before you basically said that because there is variation in belief there is no core belief, and that is a base fallacy. Again that's like saying because there are different family relationships there's no such thing as family. That's wholly illogical.

I never said that there is no core belief, or else there wouldn't be any Christians. I merely said that all of these different groups should each have a specific name for identification and ease of reference since they are radically different from each other. A Roman Catholic is way different from some Protestant group that talks about the "Rapture," for instance. This is why I would like further identification of what kind of Christian. People say the darnedest, most cringe-worthy things sometimes and then just say that it's because they are "Christian," thus making other Christians look bad.

I see that the Northern Irish are at it again. One Presbyterian Church, one Church of Ireland Church, and one Roman Catholic Church have been vandalized in recent days. A Roman Catholic Church priest was intimidated by a mob of "Orange" marchers last week or so.
Jesus Christ represents Christianity alone, no one else does…

I wasn't aware anyone complained about the noise coming from churches. Or the traffic messes they cause on Sunday Morning. We all kind of just tolerate it... Which is fine.

Forgive your enemies...

You know, the complete oppossite of what the Christian Wrong preaches. They think it's about hating abortions and gays, which Jesus never talked about.

Oh, I don't think he existed because even the Gospels can't get their story straight about the backstory of his life, like when he lived, when he died, etc. You know, the basic stuff you would find in a biography of a real person, long before you get to the whole crazy walking on water/rising from the dead/curing lepers nonsense.

If you look how the books of the bible were written, with the teachings coming first and the biographical information coming later, it screams "Fiction".
In your opinion

Forgive your enemies...

1. Really, churches around you are "noisy"? They cause traffic messes that bother you on Sunday morning? Hmmmm

2. Christians think Jesus is Lord and Savior. Thinking He was a "good teacher" will not get you saved and even He said so. "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."--John 14:6

3. Abortion and homosexuality are not worse sins than others; they are only sins that society demands we ACCEPT. That's why Christians speak out about them so forcefully. In fact, society calls these sins not only acceptable but "good". Society does not call murder good, or adultery good in most cases, or theft good. If it did, we'd be out talking about that.

4. The fact that people are messed up does not have one iota to do with whether or not Jesus was a real person. Saying so is baldly illogical, don't you think?

Religion is man-made…

Religion is man-made…

Yes, that is basically what you said: there's no core belief because they're all so different. Now you're trying to backtrack, but that's okay. You saw that you were in error and I appreciate that.

Um, all these groups DO have a specific name for identification. ??? "Christian" is the blanket term and as you have already identified, there are many sub-sets. Methodist, Presbyterian, Baptist, Catholic, etc. I would say there are a few big differences, mostly between Catholic and Protestant. If you are confused, you can educate yourself and ask questions.

And again, the fact that people bicker signifies nothing. People will bicker because they are sinful, even Christians. This is exactly and precisely why Jesus had to come.

Forum List

Back