Why the US has lost its moral compass

We just don't think that anyone else has the right to take the fruits of our labor from us.
You also don't think you have a responsibility to strictly observe COVID-19 mitigation practices to protect others.

After all, FREEDUMB !!!

Why do you think I care about dead people in NZ?

You don't care about dead people in the US and don't pretend you do.

But I will say there is not much comparison between NZ and the US

We have a much larger and much more diverse population than the sheep ranch you call a country and we don't have the trust in government you people do.

We just don't think that anyone else has the right to take the fruits of our labor from us.
You also don't think you have a responsibility to strictly observe COVID-19 mitigation practices to protect others.

After all, FREEDUMB !!!

I already told you I follow the CDC guidelines to protect myself.

I cannot protect people who refuse to protect themselves and it's not my responsibility to tell other people what to do. But you don't get that do you?

we don't have the trust in government you people do.
Absolutely. COVID-19 is demonstrating your deliberate lack of unity to be an invalid community norm/moral. How come you don't get this? Or am I not getting your tacit agreement?

LOL- then why are so many wearing masks?
Right...

36a704d3c5e783cfb20d34793b40f651

Ain't that the truth. Somehow individuality is seen as a virtue, any type of collectiveness is seen as Satan.
Taking care of yourself is a virtue- absolving yourself of responsibility abdicating said responsiblility to the collective is the cowards way out and a good place to hide- voluntary collective effort is fine- forced or coerced through shaming or ostracizing is immoral- it makes some people feel superior, but, without the individual effort their superiority complex is worthless- the devil, as usual, is in the details, which are conveniently over looked by the finger pointing group (collective).

I understand the virtues of individuals. However, there are virtues of people doing things together. You in the US take individualism to the nth degree though. Like it is somehow worthy of hero worship - the pioneer spirit etc. Columbus, Magellan, Cook - all those explorers and pioneers didn't do it by themselves. That seems to be lost in the ether. Helping your fellow man is not the person being helped abdicating responsibility, sometimes people just need a helping hand. For some reason, you guys go from "helping hand" to "communist" in one breath. It is breathtaking the idiocy of such thinking.

A whole group of people built those roads, railway tracks, hospitals, houses, schools, universities, aircraft, cars....I could go on. You think Curie, or Fleming <insert scientist here> did it all on their own? Where do you think they got the funding to do what they needed? Elon Musk? Bill Gates? The public purse more like back in the day, or other benefactors. And where did those benefactors get their money? I could go on.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Ain't that the truth. Somehow individuality is seen as a virtue, any type of collectiveness is seen as Satan.
A very good case can be made, on moral as well as economic grouds, for a system in which the individual is required to stand on his own feet, not to lean on the state for handouts. Character, resourcefulness, capacity are formed and developed in struggle with obstacles, not waiting passively for benefits from outside.

William Henry Chamberlin

That is true. But a great society is gauged by how it treats its old, weak, poor and infirm. Not how rich an individual is.

A very good case can be made, on moral as well as economic grouds, for a system in which the individual is required to stand on his own feet, not to lean on the state for handouts. Character, resourcefulness, capacity are formed and developed in struggle with obstacles, not waiting passively for benefits from outside.

William Henry Chamberlin

That is true. But a great society is gauged by how it treats its old, weak, poor and infirm. Not how rich an individual is.
Then why do 99% of people not living in the US want to live in the US?
And yes, you need to get out more often and meet real people.

• Funny
and the rest of us look at it and shake our collective head. And, this is not a Trump issue, this is an every president issue.

You're a loon.
Sure. Of course, giving pardons to convicted felons based on who they are, rather than whether they are innocent or not, is sane behaviour...
Yes. I would like to see republicans defend some of those pardons

You worry about our moral compass when China murders their lead virus doctor, incinerates Wuhan virus victims and releases a pandemic on the world.

What is your ridiculous and sudden obsession with China? You and all of the rest of the Trump cultists are now on about China. Everyone who disagrees with you is pro-China.

You should start looking at solving your own problems starting with a runaway virus and a crashed economy. From there you can move on to the opiod crisis, and wealth inequity.

When you rebuild the economy, and the health of your people, you can worry about what other countries are doing. The rest of the world will be dealing with China. You can't even deal with your own terrorism.

You worry about our moral compass when China murders their lead virus doctor, incinerates Wuhan virus victims and releases a pandemic on the world.

What is your ridiculous and sudden obsession with China? You and all of the rest of the Trump cultists are now on about China. Everyone who disagrees with you is pro-China.

You should start looking at solving your own problems starting with a runaway virus and a crashed economy. From there you can move on to the opiod crisis, and wealth inequity.

When you rebuild the economy, and the health of your people, you can worry about what other countries are doing. The rest of the world will be dealing with China. You can't even deal with your own terrorism.
I agree...
We need to kick out all the Trespassers and clean up our economy using our citizens.

William Henry Chamberlin

We don't. Notice how the Canada/US border is the longest undefended border in the world, and Canadians are not sneaking across the borders in large numbers at all. Or how the only people trying to get into the USA are from Third World countries. White immigration from Europe is almost unheard of because they're all better off where they are.

The USA is the shithole country of the first world.

• Thanks

I agree...
We need to kick out all the Trespassers and clean up our economy using our citizens.

You can't afford to kick out all of the trespassers. You'd have no food if you did.

William Henry Chamberlin

We don't. Notice how the Canada/US border is the longest undefended border in the world, and Canadians are not sneaking across the borders in large numbers at all. Or how the only people trying to get into the USA are from Third World countries. White immigration from Europe is almost unheard of because they're all better off where they are.

that might be because canada is such a shithole and the USA is desired the world over,,,

William Henry Chamberlin

Perhaps we should stop protecting your borders.

By the way, your health Care System sucks because I know dozens of people who moved to the US because you can't provide the medications.

I agree...

You can't afford to kick out all of the trespassers. You'd have no food if you did.
thats a stupid response coming from someone that depends on so many,,,

I agree...

Over 98% of food is currently picked by machine.

• Funny

Forum List

Back