Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?

Any armed civilian should drop his weapon as soon as uniformed peace officers show up in any situation.

Even when they come knocking to violate the 2nd and confiscate your guns for no reason other than a government edict?

Was this the correct answer in Venezuela where 30,000 or more are now murdered by government forces annually?

I would agree "most" situations.....but not "any". There are also criminals who dress as cops and bad cops.
In that case you shoot at law enforcement? You must really love your guns. There are a lot more important things...

What does illegals have to do with checks and balances?
Of course it is true. UK, Germany, France, Italy, Denmark, Japan... The list is quite long really.

Name the rest...then we'll go through them....
I've named many. Throw in Sweden too, it really doesn't matter. Fact is even Israel who is practically in a war zone has a much lower homicide rate than us. They have strong gun control.

Of course it is true. UK, Germany, France, Italy, Denmark, Japan... The list is quite long really.

I've named many. Throw in Sweden too, it really doesn't matter. Fact is even Israel who is practically in a war zone has a much lower homicide rate than us. They have strong gun control.

So you refuse to intelligently discuss this then?

I asked you to list their ethnic diversity and border policies.....

If you want to enlighten yourself fine, if you choose to stay ignorant I can't help you

Where's your proof? I have researched a good couple hours and no where can I find they or the mall are gun free zones.
Yet another shooting at a gun-free zone: El Paso shooting at Cielo Vista Mall...

Full title: Yet another shooting at a gun-free zone: El Paso shooting at Cielo Vista Mall is apparently in a place that banned permitted concealed handguns

The Simon Mall chain is well known for banning permitted concealed handguns in Texas.

“Possession of any weapon at Simon malls, whether concealed or displayed openly, is in violation of mall policy. This policy is intended first and foremost to maintain a safe, secure and comfortable environment at our malls, which has always been our top priority, and to avoid any situation that could potentially place at risk the safety of our shoppers and employees.

Simon malls are private property, and like virtually every other facility in the community that is accessible by the public, ownership/management has the right to prohibit the possession of weapons, both displayed or concealed, other than licensed weapons carried by law enforcement personnel.

Julie Rigby – Longview Mall Manager”

Everyone in Texas knows that they have to the proper posting for the bans to have legal effect. The statements indicate that the mall was properly posted at the entrances. Following the attacks in Gilroy, California or Virginia Beach, this is yet another attack where people were banned from being able to protect themselves. Here is a copy of the mall’s code of conduct.

El-Paso-Cielo-Vista-Mall-Shooting-in-a-place-that-bans-concealed-handguns-1-1024x1437.png

They have a very large population of Arabs. Border policies? Who cares? I've seen no evidence our border policies has any real effect on our homicide rate.

If all you're going to do is deny and cling to your beliefs (as wrong and misguided as they may be) then that's on you.

I can prove that the US is not nearly as bad as you claim, and further that the policies you hold dear are the cause of most of the violence you claim to detest.

But you can only lead a horse to water...you can't make it drink.

Take your time, do your research from a "diversity " of sources. I'm going to bed. will see how you did tomorrow.

So you refuse to intelligently discuss this then?

I asked you to list their ethnic diversity and border policies.....

If you want to enlighten yourself fine, if you choose to stay ignorant I can't help you
I've shared the homicide rate data. You seem to be trying to make a point that is stupid. If you wish to make it please do, but don't waste my time.

They have a very large population of Arabs. Border policies? Who cares? I've seen no evidence our border policies has any real effect on our homicide rate.

If all you're going to do is dent and cling to your beliefs (as wrong and misguided as they may be) then that's on you.
You seem to be babbling with no point and wasting my time. Fact is countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a small fraction of ours.

But Israel itself inside it is not a war zone.

Where's your proof? I have researched a good couple hours and no where can I find they or the mall are gun free zones.
Yet another shooting at a gun-free zone: El Paso shooting at Cielo Vista Mall...

Full title: Yet another shooting at a gun-free zone: El Paso shooting at Cielo Vista Mall is apparently in a place that banned permitted concealed handguns

The Simon Mall chain is well known for banning permitted concealed handguns in Texas.

“Possession of any weapon at Simon malls, whether concealed or displayed openly, is in violation of mall policy. This policy is intended first and foremost to maintain a safe, secure and comfortable environment at our malls, which has always been our top priority, and to avoid any situation that could potentially place at risk the safety of our shoppers and employees.

Simon malls are private property, and like virtually every other facility in the community that is accessible by the public, ownership/management has the right to prohibit the possession of weapons, both displayed or concealed, other than licensed weapons carried by law enforcement personnel.

Everyone in Texas knows that they have to the proper posting for the bans to have legal effect. The statements indicate that the mall was properly posted at the entrances. Following the attacks in Gilroy, California or Virginia Beach, this is yet another attack where people were banned from being able to protect themselves. Here is a copy of the mall’s code of conduct.

El-Paso-Cielo-Vista-Mall-Shooting-in-a-place-that-bans-concealed-handguns-1-1024x1437.png
And yet there was at least one person with a gun and carry license. Your source is very questionable....
El Paso shooting witness describes trying to help kids escape as gunman opened fire

Yes crime prevention research letter. John Lott can't be taken seriously, his income is dependent on the gun industry....

But Israel itself inside it is not a war zone.
No, they have strong gun control.

roflmao, brain357 is truly a stupid Kuntilion.

If all you're going to do is dent and cling to your beliefs (as wrong and misguided as they may be) then that's on you.
You seem to be babbling with no point and wasting my time. Fact is countries with strong gun control have homicide rates a small fraction of ours.

Fact is, the vast majority of gun related deaths in the US is suicides or gang related. Per Capita we have a very safe society other than those.
Are you contemplating suicide? You are more likely to be killed by lightning statistically.
Further, to be brief, most of the countries you will use are vastly different in culture and policies.
The US is overly gracious, giving and tolerant....and thus sees a lion's share of abuse.
Finally, Fact is, most of the European countries you use as examples are plagued with crime and are seeing not only surges in gun violence, but also overall surges in crime.

You are wasting my time.
You are apparently quite content to make one single brush stroke on a canvass.....and yet declare it a Picasso.
You WANT to believe what you believe. You are not interested in the truth or causation. Just what you've been told to believe.

Last edited:
The El Paso Walmart shooter killed 20 people (so far) and wounded 26 more. He may well have fired some shots missing people also. It's pretty fair to say this nut fired at least 50 shots, and very possibly well more than that.

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.

As someone who has a CCW license, and is armed 99% of the time, when I'm walking around outside, it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?

In contrast, in 2002, a Muslim terrorist (Hesham Mohamed Hadayet) walked into Los Angeles Airport (LAX) armed with 2 handguns, plus magazines loaded with dozens of bullets. He shot and killed 2 people, and wounded 4. The airport was filled with people. The terrorist was shot dead right on the spot, by a security guard who was armed and ready to deal. Without that good guy with a gun, the airport would have been a bloodbath, just like this WalMart, and probably even worse.

This ARMED DEFENSE is what should have been the case in El Paso. How this guy could pull off what he did without getting shot, by a guard or CCW carrying citizen is mind boggling.

2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting - Wikipedia

Knowing Texas probably there are some people that was armed but don’t want to engage in a gun battle. Maybe just for self protection. With massive confusions I don’t think you want to add more to the problem.

Security guard getting paid no more than $20 hour and maybe armed with just a radio. Cause sometimes arming security guards cause more problems.

Forum List

Back