🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why we don't want voter ID

Voter ID is a solution to a problem that does not exist. Just another example of Conservative policies aimed squarely at minorities for repression's sake.

Not true. It is already required in some states and is working to prevent voter fraud. The ID is also used to prevent other types of fraud as well. The only conclusion as to why the Democrats are opposed to voter id is that they are not opposed to voter fraud.

Look, voter ID is working in some states. That is a fact.
If voter fraud was a real problem I assure you that Democrats would be there with a workable solution. But voter fraud is not a prevalent problem in the United States. Voter ID laws seek to solve a problem that does not exist. Therefore, the only real reason to require voter IDs is to suppress the vote. It's purely political.

So is giving drivers licenses to illegals who could use those licenses as ID's at the voting booth. It's all political.

That's exactly the reason Florida requires an original birth certificate or a certified copy be presented in order to obtain a drivers license.

Republicans said this would never happen

Alabama Demands Voter ID--Then Closes Driver's License Offices In Black Counties

What happens when a state with a tough voter ID law suddenly makes it much harder for minorities to get driver's licenses? We are about to find out in Alabama.
Facing a budget crisis, Alabama has shuttered 31 driver's license offices, many of them in counties with a high proportion of black residents. Coming after the state recently put into effect a tougher voter ID law, the closures will cut off access -- particularly for minorities -- to one of the few types of IDs accepted.
According to a tally by AL.com columnist John Archibald, eight of the 10 Alabama counties with the highest percentage of non-white registered voters saw their driver's license offices closed.
"Every single county in which blacks make up more than 75 percent of registered voters will see their driver license office closed. Every one," Archibald wrote.
Archibald also noted that many of the counties where offices were closed also leaned Democrat.
"But maybe it's not racial at all, right? Maybe it's just political. And let's face it, it may not be either." he wrote. "But no matter the intent, the consequence is the same."

So now blacks can't drive?

They purposefully put obstacles in the way and then go "Hey everyone has deliberate obstacles put in their way by the force of government. Whats the big deal?"

We don't want voter ID because it's an unwarranted burden on the fundamental right to vote.

Actually Holmes, there isn't a "right to vote"

But with your hyperbolic view on protecting rights, tell me again how gun laws are not a burden on our rights again

Alabama Demands Voter ID--Then Closes Driver's License Offices In Black Counties

What happens when a state with a tough voter ID law suddenly makes it much harder for minorities to get driver's licenses? We are about to find out in Alabama.
Facing a budget crisis, Alabama has shuttered 31 driver's license offices, many of them in counties with a high proportion of black residents. Coming after the state recently put into effect a tougher voter ID law, the closures will cut off access -- particularly for minorities -- to one of the few types of IDs accepted.
According to a tally by AL.com columnist John Archibald, eight of the 10 Alabama counties with the highest percentage of non-white registered voters saw their driver's license offices closed.
"Every single county in which blacks make up more than 75 percent of registered voters will see their driver license office closed. Every one," Archibald wrote.
Archibald also noted that many of the counties where offices were closed also leaned Democrat.
"But maybe it's not racial at all, right? Maybe it's just political. And let's face it, it may not be either." he wrote. "But no matter the intent, the consequence is the same."

Desperate spin.

The real reason you don't want Voter ID is that it is far harder to commit voter fraud if one is required to show one at a polling place.

They closed down the DMV's in the black areas to be fair to whites. How are they supposed to win elections if blacks can vote as easily as whites?

That's just drivers license offices...

And those Democrats can still get a state ID... Matter of fact, they should already have one, since it's necessary for them to get their welfare and food stamps!!!

Just drivers license offices

Do you have a state ID? Do you know where to get one?

We now see the true implementation of voter ID. Pass the laws ant then start throwing up roadblocks to those you don't want to vote

We've had voter ID in Florida for many years now. We have no problems at all with it. The Blacks show their ID just like the Vietnamese, the Hispanics, the Whites, etc.

I usually renew my drivers license through the mail. It's really difficult. The mail man brings it right to my box.

Yup. Those long lines in Florida aren't a problem either.

It's cool to make 90 year old American Citizens wait for several hours to cast a vote.

Confusion reigns among Fla. voters

Huge Number Of Floridians Didn't Vote Because Of Long Lines: Report

..or don't count overseas military ballots like Gore and Obama did
Link?

Because that's bullshit. I know straight off the bat that Gore initially protested some of the ballots because they were late. But ultimately let them be counted. Never read or heard anything about Obama.

RYUN: Obama suppressing the military vote
Overseas service members unable to access the polls
By Ned Ryun - - Monday, November 5, 2012

Overseas military absentee voting was abysmal in 2008 — only 20 percent of overseas military turned in absentee ballots — and it looks like it’s going to be even worse in 2012. In Virginia and Ohio, military and overseas ballots have fallen 70 percent since 2008, according to the Military Voter Protection Project. Ohio received only 9,700 ballots in September, whereas in September 2008, it received 32,000.

So, why aren’t soldiers voting? In many cases they simply can’t, and they have their commander in chief, President Obama, to blame.

Hundreds of thousands of our uniformed personnel have been shut out of the process, and we can thank the Obama administration and even the Obama campaign for this tragedy. After poor turnout in 2008, Congress passed the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (Move) Act to ensure that all military are provided with the opportunity to vote. The act put standards in place, such as mailing absentee ballots no later than 45 days before an election and requiring installation voting assistance offices to be built at most military bases and posts.

The Pentagon has utterly failed to meet these standards.

As of September, the Department of Defense inspector general’s office found that the Obama administration had “not established all the [assistance offices] as intended by the Move Act.”

Frankly, that’s an understatement. Only 116 of the 229 mandated offices were constructed, and of the 116, many were set up after their projected deadline and in places not often visited on military facilities.

The explanation? The Obama administration by way of the Pentagon blamed a lack of funds for their failure to comply with the law. That’s right, the same administration that has spent more money in less time than any other in American history is pleading poverty when it comes to ensuring that our military can vote in this year’s presidential election.

RYUN: Obama suppressing the military vote

Hey I'm a conservative and I'm all about fairness thats why closing down DMV's in only black areas is the right thing to do because since slavery is over they can go places on their own

Who is "we"?.....
This is nothing more than a left wing conspiracy theory triggered by a left wing opinion piece.
You people are reaching.

That's just drivers license offices...

And those Democrats can still get a state ID... Matter of fact, they should already have one, since it's necessary for them to get their welfare and food stamps!!!
Bingo!!!!! Nothing to see here.
BTW, this silly story hasn't even been considered news.

Hey I'm a conservative and I'm all about fairness thats why closing down DMV's in only black areas is the right thing to do because since slavery is over they can go places on their own
Gee, I posted the link showing that you can get an ID at every court house in Alabama...

Better go get you one, where you can get your welfare and food stamps!!!

Last edited:
This isnt about blacks its just a coincidence that we closed down the offices only in black areas. What we really want to do is make it harder for Democrats! See? Its not racist!

I saw Michael Jackson moonwalk a whole stage so dont tell me that blacks cant moonwalk to where ever we decide they have to go!

Forum List

Back