🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why White People Don’t Like to Talk About Race

The propensity of a significant segment of the white population to not want to discuss racial issues is part of a larger trend among them of not wanting to talk openly about other issues involving the differences that exist among our diverse population, and to avoid such discussions like the plague. I see it all the time on USMB.

I favor open round-table discussions of the differences and difficulties that we Americans have with each other. Televised would be nice. Unfortunately, I don't see that these people have anyone capable of representing their views in round-table discussions regarding race, or any other issues involving such matters as sex, sexual orientation, gender, religion, beleaguered souls who wish to seek refuge in our country, among other things. These people are motivated by fear, and their only option is to run away.

The propensity of a significant segment of the white population to not want to discuss racial issues is part of a larger trend among them of not wanting to talk openly about other issues involving the differences that exist among our diverse population, and to avoid such discussions like the plague. I see it all the time on USMB.

I favor open round-table discussions of the differences and difficulties that we Americans have with each other. Televised would be nice. Unfortunately, I don't see that these people have anyone capable of representing their views in round-table discussions regarding race, or any other issues involving such matters as sex, sexual orientation, gender, religion, beleaguered souls who wish to seek refuge in our country, among other things. These people are motivated by fear, and their only option is to run away.

White people who don't want to talk about race, are, imo, probably primarily motivated by their personal experiences that the vast majority of such "Discussions" are meant from the beginning to be nothing but lectures aimed at them,

and any attempt by them to defend themselves, or speak up for their interests, or even the very idea that they have interests that are valid to discuss,

will result in them being personally attacked and marginalized.

You want the conversation with topics restricted to the realm of political correctness instead of addressing a global problem especially as regards blacks, crime and failure.

You want the conversation with topics restricted to the realm of political correctness instead of addressing a global problem especially as regards blacks, crime and failure.

A round-table discussion does not involve "political correctness." If you think that there is such a "global problem," you should be able to present your views in an open discussion with everyone at the table, including representatives of those whom you think are part of your "global problem." Everyone's behavior is open for discussion. Participate? Run away like a coward? If you hold particular views, why not be willing to present them openly?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
A round-table discussion does not involve "political correctness." If you think that there is such a "global problem," you should be able to present your views in an open discussion with everyone at the table, including representatives of those whom you think are part of your "global problem." Everyone's behavior is open for discussion. Participate? Run away like a coward? If you hold particular views, why not be willing to present them openly?
Sorry sister, but you're an idiot. Any honest discussion would have to address the underlying problem which affects certain racial demographics the world over.

In the eyes of God all people may be created equal, but in truth that is not the case.

But we cannot have that discussion but for the likes of you who will invariably cry racism and let slip the dogma of political correctness.

Sorry sister, but you're an idiot. Any honest discussion would have to address the underlying problem which affects certain racial demographics the world over.

In the eyes of God all people may be created equal, but in truth that is not the case.

But we cannot have that discussion but for the likes of you who will invariably cry racism and let slip the dogma of political correctness.

There is no "underlying problem" with any group the world over that is defined by any sort of bodily characteristics. What exactly is the "dogma of political correctness"? There is a big difference between "crying racism" and perceiving it in the words that come out of another person's mouth and remarking on it?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

There is no "underlying problem" with any group the world over that is defined by any sort of bodily characteristics. What exactly is the "dogma of political correctness"? There is a big difference between "crying racism" and perceiving it in the words that come out of another person's mouth and remarking on it?
Exactly. Thank you. Now shut up.

Do you have any idea how stupid that comment is?

Do you have any idea how stupid that comment is?
I realize that it runs afoul of political correctness. My point being that no dialogue can be taken seriously exactly for the same reason in your response.

Now go away.

You are not willing to listen. The vast majority of whites are done with being lectured.

End of discussion. Come back when something changes.

Wrong. You want the conversation to avoid the long history of global white male crime, terrorism, oppression and fascism.

If we had that conversation we'd have to discuss colonization and it's effects. That would make a white man like you run out of the room.

Yanno IM2,
at this moment i'm writing you the world is literally going to h*ll in a hand basket
i'm worried about my kids, our military , our country, the economy, my farm & whirled peas far and beyond the color of anyone's freakin' skin....

~S~

White people who don't want to talk about race, are, imo, probably primarily motivated by their personal experiences that the vast majority of such "Discussions" are meant from the beginning to be nothing but lectures aimed at them,

and any attempt by them to defend themselves, or speak up for their interests, or even the very idea that they have interests that are valid to discuss,

will result in them being personally attacked and marginalized.

These people are just plain chicken. I've had good and bad experiences with black people, white people, and others. I'm not so cowardly that I can't discuss them. Let's lay everything out on the table. BTW: I simply have no bone to pick with any particular race, as the people who did bad things to me acted as individuals.

Racism is a form of psychosis and until those like Meathead get the appropriate help, a conversation including such people may not be possible.

Over 500 comments about race, mostly from white people who don’t like to talk about race. The shear number of post in this thread defies the thread topic. Things that make you go hmmm..

Yanno IM2,
at this moment i'm writing you the world is literally going to h*ll in a hand basket
i'm worried about my kids, our military , our country, the economy, my farm & whirled peas far and beyond the color of anyone's freakin' skin....

~S~
Look, I live in the same world you do and your consistent attempts to discount racism just is not going to work.

then get help IM2

~S~
I'm not the one that needs help. Psychosis is the inability to deal with reality. White racism exists. Recognizing it is dealing with reality.

Over 500 comments about race, mostly from white people who don’t like to talk about race. The shear number of post in this thread defies the thread topic. Things that make you go hmmm..
Over 500 comments by whites attacking the OP, denigrating blacks or abusing anyone that doesn't agree with racism is not talking about race.

Forum List

Back