🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why White People Don’t Like to Talk About Race

Over 500 comments about race, mostly from white people who don’t like to talk about race. The shear number of post in this thread defies the thread topic. Things that make you go hmmm..
Over 500 comments by whites attacking the OP, denigrating blacks or abusing anyone that doesn't agree with racism is not talking about race.

You’re a phony piece of shit! You don’t want constructive race dialog. You are only here to incite people to anger. I suspect you do it to compensate for your lack of self worth. I hope parents don’t let you around their kids. You’re cancer.
Thank you. You described IM2 to a T. He IS the most racist poster on this site.

This is a quote from a black person who is a member of a mostly black forum.

"The main problem I have with republicans who try to convert black voters is they have a tendency to call us slaves on the democratic plantation. Calling black people slaves is not a convincing argument and reaffirms the notion that the party is racist."

Over 500 comments about race, mostly from white people who don’t like to talk about race. The shear number of post in this thread defies the thread topic. Things that make you go hmmm..
Over 500 comments by whites attacking the OP, denigrating blacks or abusing anyone that doesn't agree with racism is not talking about race.

You’re a phony piece of shit! You don’t want constructive race dialog. You are only here to incite people to anger. I suspect you do it to compensate for your lack of self worth. I hope parents don’t let you around their kids. You’re cancer.
Wrong. Those like you don't want a constructive race dialog. I proved that when I created the thread "I Was Wrong." Damn near every one of you entered that thread to congratulate me on finally seeing the light. That showed me that people like you will only accept the conversation if blacks see thing only in the manner you want. That means we discuss race, blame ourselves and admit that we are just inferior. I won't be doing that. The root cause of the problems we face is white racism. Our situation cannot be discussed independent of white racism and that's what you want to do.

Thank you. You described IM2 to a T. He IS the most racist poster on this site.
Lol! You make me laugh punk.

"In a 1991 broadcast of the ABC program PrimeTime Live. In a stunning fifteen-minute segment reporters and a camera crew followed two young men of equal education, cultural sophistication, level of apparent affluence, and so forth around St. Louis, a city where neither was known. The two differed in only a single respect: one was white, the other black. But that small difference turned out to mean everything. In a series of encounters with shoe salesmen, record-store employees, rental agents, landlords, employment agencies, taxicab drivers, and ordinary citizens, the black member of the pair was either ignored or given a special and suspicious attention. He was asked to pay more for the same goods or come up with a larger down payment for the same car, was turned away as a prospective tenant, was rejected as a prospective taxicab fare, was treated with contempt and irritation by clerks and bureaucrats, and in every way possible was made to feel inferior and unwanted.

The inescapable conclusion was that alike though they may have been in almost all respects, one of these young men, because he was black, would lead a significantly lesser life than his white counterpart: he would be housed less well and at greater expense; he would pay more for services and products when and if he was given the opportunity to buy them; he would have difficulty establishing credit; the first emotions he would inspire on the part of many people he met would be distrust and fear; his abilities would be discounted even before he had a chance to display them; and, above all, the treatment he received from minute to minute would chip away at his self-esteem and self-confidence with consequences that most of us could not even imagine. As the young man in question said at the conclusion of the broadcast, "You walk down the street with a suit and tie and it doesn't matter. Someone will make determinations about you, determinations that affect the quality of your life."

Reverse Racism, or How the Pot Got to Call the Kettle Black

Last edited:

Wrong. Those like you don't want a constructive race dialog. I proved that when I created the thread "I Was Wrong." Damn near every one of you entered that thread to congratulate me on finally seeing the light. That showed me that people like you will only accept the conversation if blacks see thing only in the manner you want. That means we discuss race, blame ourselves and admit that we are just inferior. I won't be doing that. The root cause of the problems we face is white racism. Our situation cannot be discussed independent of white racism and that's what you want to do.

I will tell you, after getting to know how you think and what kind of person you are from reading your post, I am happy your life is miserable, and even if all racism ended tomorrow, you’d still be miserable, because all you can do is blame your shortcomings on others.

"In a 1991 broadcast of the ABC program PrimeTime Live. In a stunning fifteen-minute segment reporters and a camera crew followed two young men of equal education, cultural sophistication, level of apparent affluence, and so forth around St. Louis, a city where neither was known. The two differed in only a single respect: one was white, the other black. But that small difference turned out to mean everything. In a series of encounters with shoe salesmen, record-store employees, rental agents, landlords, employment agencies, taxicab drivers, and ordinary citizens, the black member of the pair was either ignored or given a special and suspicious attention. He was asked to pay more for the same goods or come up with a larger down payment for the same car, was turned away as a prospective tenant, was rejected as a prospective taxicab fare, was treated with contempt and irritation by clerks and bureaucrats, and in every way possible was made to feel inferior and unwanted.

The inescapable conclusion was that alike though they may have been in almost all respects, one of these young men, because he was black, would lead a significantly lesser life than his white counterpart: he would be housed less well and at greater expense; he would pay more for services and products when and if he was given the opportunity to buy them; he would have difficulty establishing credit; the first emotions he would inspire on the part of many people he met would be distrust and fear; his abilities would be discounted even before he had a chance to display them; and, above all, the treatment he received from minute to minute would chip away at his self-esteem and self-confidence with consequences that most of us could not even imagine. As the young man in question said at the conclusion of the broadcast, "You walk down the street with a suit and tie and it doesn't matter. Someone will make determinations about you, determinations that affect the quality of your life."

Nothing here has changed. Citing a TV program from OVER A QUARTER CENTURY AGO is to you, relevant today.

Carry on Troll!

trolls-have-serious-M.jpg

The propensity of a significant segment of the white population to not want to discuss racial issues is part of a larger trend among them of not wanting to talk openly about other issues involving the differences that exist among our diverse population, and to avoid such discussions like the plague. I see it all the time on USMB.

I favor open round-table discussions of the differences and difficulties that we Americans have with each other. Televised would be nice. Unfortunately, I don't see that these people have anyone capable of representing their views in round-table discussions regarding race, or any other issues involving such matters as sex, sexual orientation, gender, religion, beleaguered souls who wish to seek refuge in our country, among other things. These people are motivated by fear, and their only option is to run away.
You want the conversation with topics restricted to the realm of political correctness instead of addressing a global problem especially as regards blacks, crime and failure.

Wrong. You want the conversation to avoid the long history of global white male crime, terrorism, oppression and fascism.

z9ney.jpg

The propensity of a significant segment of the white population to not want to discuss racial issues is part of a larger trend among them of not wanting to talk openly about other issues involving the differences that exist among our diverse population, and to avoid such discussions like the plague. I see it all the time on USMB.

I favor open round-table discussions of the differences and difficulties that we Americans have with each other. Televised would be nice. Unfortunately, I don't see that these people have anyone capable of representing their views in round-table discussions regarding race, or any other issues involving such matters as sex, sexual orientation, gender, religion, beleaguered souls who wish to seek refuge in our country, among other things. These people are motivated by fear, and their only option is to run away.

White people who don't want to talk about race, are, imo, probably primarily motivated by their personal experiences that the vast majority of such "Discussions" are meant from the beginning to be nothing but lectures aimed at them,

and any attempt by them to defend themselves, or speak up for their interests, or even the very idea that they have interests that are valid to discuss,

will result in them being personally attacked and marginalized.

These people are just plain chicken. I've had good and bad experiences with black people, white people, and others. I'm not so cowardly that I can't discuss them. Let's lay everything out on the table. BTW: I simply have no bone to pick with any particular race, as the people who did bad things to me acted as individuals.

Those people are not just plain chicken. THey are just not interested in being lectured to, like they are children.

And they are completely right. YOur claim that you are open to an "everything on the table" discussion, I just do not believe.

And even if you were serious, the rest of the left would do what they could to shout us down.

White people who don't want to talk about race, are, imo, probably primarily motivated by their personal experiences that the vast majority of such "Discussions" are meant from the beginning to be nothing but lectures aimed at them,

and any attempt by them to defend themselves, or speak up for their interests, or even the very idea that they have interests that are valid to discuss,

will result in them being personally attacked and marginalized.

These people are just plain chicken. I've had good and bad experiences with black people, white people, and others. I'm not so cowardly that I can't discuss them. Let's lay everything out on the table. BTW: I simply have no bone to pick with any particular race, as the people who did bad things to me acted as individuals.

Same here. All these guys want to do is criticize blacks. I'm fine with the criticism as we ain't perfect. But our troubles are not independent from the racism that has been imposed on us and that's what these guys are too cowardly to discuss.

If that was true, you would be welcoming my insight as to why other whites are don't like to talk about race.

Insulting them, or lying about them, like you just did, is not the way to get people to be wiling to talk to you.

Nothing here has changed. Citing a TV program from OVER A QUARTER CENTURY AGO is to you, relevant today.

Carry on Troll!

what a great observation, and more proof that IM2 doesn’t want better race relations. He only wants to dredge up the past.

Carry on Troll!

what a great observation, and more proof that IM2 doesn’t want better race relations. He only wants to dredge up the past.
IM2 REALLY needs some help with his rampant racism. Just dreadful.

I will tell you, after getting to know how you think and what kind of person you are from reading your post, I am happy your life is miserable, and even if all racism ended tomorrow, you’d still be miserable, because all you can do is blame your shortcomings on others.

You don't know how I think or what kind of person I am. If all racism ended tomorrow, I'd buy a 2 kegs of beer, a whole pig and the fixings and have a neighborhood feast. Whites like you are so simple minded to actually think my pointing out your racism is blaming somebody for MY shortcomings when the fact that your racism is YOUR shortcoming.

I can totally believe that happened and it is unfortunate.

There is no debating that racism still exists (I was raised with the term bigotry being the main descriptor).

The problem being that sociologists have shown it takes generations to get that out of a culture.

Now, that was 30 years ago and things have come a long way......

Still have a long way to go.

Carry on Troll!

The same thing happens now. 25 years ago is too far back for you, but 1860 isn't when you tell us how the republicans freed the slaves, or the 1960's aren't to long ago to misquote king and X or to try to give republicans credit for the civil rights act. You don't want better race relations, you want to maintain white supremacy.

There is no debating that racism still exists (I was raised with the term bigotry being the main descriptor).

The problem being that sociologists have shown it takes generations to get that out of a culture.

The same things happen now. Whites have had 243 years to get rid of racism and every time there has been change there has been a white backlash. Maybe that can stop.

Carry on Troll!

IM2 REALLY needs some help with his rampant racism. Just dreadful.
There is no racism for me to get help for.

The same things happen now. Whites have had 243 years to get rid of racism and every time there has been change there has been a white backlash. Maybe that can stop.

I don't know what metrics are in place, but I would expect bigotry is down. Just a guess.

You don't stop this in a few years.

Carry on Troll!

AND plagarize because you know damn well these are not his words. He probably lifted them from that black forum he is always yammering about.

Forum List

Back