Why Work?

Is this ridiculous or what?

• Total voters
WHY WORK?

When you can sit on your ass and take advantage of up to 126 Welfare and anti poverty programs offered by the Gov't...................

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't....

So, you agree that the minimum wage should be raised?

:alcoholic:
No................I agree that this is ridiculous and there is no incentive for people to get off the dole with current policy.

Hand Up and not a hand out...............That is not to say most need support............I'm not against that..............but the system is prone to abuse and it needs to be handled.

Lower the Corp taxes and regulations and get the companies to stop leaving..............and give opportunities for middle class income to get off the dole. Poverty is increasing in this country because we chase the businesses out, and then reward them for doing so with Trade Agreements.........

Secondly, stop destroying the dollar and allowing the Gov't to live beyond it's means...........That needs to be turned around and Welfare is part of the equation.

You forgot the most important thing which is quit bringing in foreigners who will work for next to nothing while keeping American wages lower. Close the border. Nobody comes in for any reason legal or not until our job and median income situation is straightened out.

I honestly don't think that would help. A falling population level, is disastrous from an economic perspective.

Immigration is the only reason our population isn't falling like Japan. And Japan is in dire straights.

WHY WORK?

When you can sit on your ass and take advantage of up to 126 Welfare and anti poverty programs offered by the Gov't...................

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't.

2 Studies...............ENJOY
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/PA694.pdf
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/the_work_versus_welfare_trade-off_2013_wp.pdf

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg
Why work when capitalists are willing to "race to the bottom" regarding wages for the least wealthy, while the wealthiest even may retain their multimillion dollar bonuses while on means tested corporate welfare.

WHY WORK?

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't....

No................I agree that this is ridiculous and there is no incentive for people to get off the dole with current policy.

Hand Up and not a hand out...............That is not to say most need support............I'm not against that..............but the system is prone to abuse and it needs to be handled.

Lower the Corp taxes and regulations and get the companies to stop leaving..............and give opportunities for middle class income to get off the dole. Poverty is increasing in this country because we chase the businesses out, and then reward them for doing so with Trade Agreements.........

Secondly, stop destroying the dollar and allowing the Gov't to live beyond it's means...........That needs to be turned around and Welfare is part of the equation.

You forgot the most important thing which is quit bringing in foreigners who will work for next to nothing while keeping American wages lower. Close the border. Nobody comes in for any reason legal or not until our job and median income situation is straightened out.

I honestly don't think that would help. A falling population level, is disastrous from an economic perspective.

Immigration is the only reason our population isn't falling like Japan. And Japan is in dire straights.

I don't think we would be falling, just not growing at a fast pace which is fine by me. As far as I'm concerned, we have enough people in this country.

As long as we allow our employers to hire foreigners instead of Americans who demand a higher wage, we will find ourselves in the exact same position we've been in nearly the last ten years, and that is low paying jobs. There is nothing good that can happen economically with stagnant wages.

WHY WORK?

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't.

http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/the_work_versus_welfare_trade-off_2013_wp.pdf

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg
Why work when capitalists are willing to "race to the bottom" regarding wages for the least wealthy, while the wealthiest even may retain their multimillion dollar bonuses while on means tested corporate welfare.
Why allow illegals into this country when they bring down wages....................

WHY WORK?

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg
Why allow illegals into this country when they bring down wages....................
why are we losing money on Commerce at our borders? taxing foreign labor could help US labor regarding unemployment compensation at the rock bottom cost of a form of minimum wage that clears our poverty guidelines; ostensibly, so US labor can become more "efficient" and command an "efficiency wage" under our form of Capitalism.

WHY WORK?

I don't think we would be falling, just not growing at a fast pace which is fine by me. As far as I'm concerned, we have enough people in this country.

As long as we allow our employers to hire foreigners instead of Americans who demand a higher wage, we will find ourselves in the exact same position we've been in nearly the last ten years, and that is low paying jobs. There is nothing good that can happen economically with stagnant wages.

Dude.... fewer people, less demand for goods. Less demand for goods...... economic stagnation.

Fewer working people, and more retired people.... how do you think this country is going to survive?

The only reason Social Security has lasted as long as it has, is because of immigrants.

You know as well as anyone, that it's the younger demographic that generally is the main driver of the economy. Not the older.

You don't see guys in their 70s, buying home entertainment systems, and buying sports cars and boats.

It's the 20 to 40 range, and drops off from 50 to 60.

Well... quite frankly, without immigration, you would cut out 1/4th of all working age people in the next 10 years.

In the next few years, 40% of Japans entire population will be over the age of 60. Too old to do the work a modern economy requires. Too old to want to buy all the things, that make economy grow.

While housing prices did jump during the boom in the 2000s, housing prices have actually been on the decline in Japan
japanese-home-prices.png

Do you know why in general housing prices go up?

If you think about it, you would expect that the price of a home would decline. Newer homes are generally built better, with new features and better styles. Older homes have problems, and need fixed, or updates, or simply can't accommodate new demands.

Why do home prices typically over the long term, go up?

It's really simple. More people, more demand. More demand, higher price.

That's true of everything. The reason we sell more cars today, requiring more manufacturing plants, requiring more jobs, is only because we have more people, and those people want cars.

Japan has been in a stagnant economic state for now almost 20 years plus. Some say longer, and you can trace it back to when the population growth rate really started getting low.

The US has been following the EXACT same pattern, with only one difference.... immigration. The only wrong we are not in a crisis right now, is because of immigration.

And honestly I gotta tell you, if you really want to solve this problem, the solution is for people to have more kids.

If Americans had a ton more kids, immigration would be so insignificant, as to not even be an issue to discuss.

But short of that, if we eliminate immigration, we will decline as a country.

WHY WORK?

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

I disagree with the claim. McDonalds is never going to pay $15 an hour, illegals or not. They will replace people with kiosks and automation. That's why they had that test store 10 years ago, that was 100% automated, and it worked. The whole reason they did that, was if the minimum wage is jacked up, they could phase in replacement of workers with automation.

So illegals are not preventing the 17 year old high school student from getting a middle class income... if only those darn illegals would go away.

On the flip side, you don't see illegals running engineering firms at fortune 500 companies. I'm sorry, but you simply can't expect me to believe that some electrical engineer would have earned $100,000 a year, but instead is earning $30,000 a year, because some McDonalds hired illegals.

I don't believe you. (yes I made up the numbers, but whatever wage you want to take, fine. I still don't believe it, if they were could have been paid $70K, but earned $40K because some illegal somewhere).

WHY WORK?

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

I tell you what. You quit working and go out and see how much you can collect in all those freebies, then get back to us all.

WHY WORK?

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

I tell you what. You quit working and go out and see how much you can collect in all those freebies, then get back to us all.
Not gonna happen, I make good money as a tech.

WHY WORK?

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

I disagree with the claim. McDonalds is never going to pay $15 an hour, illegals or not. They will replace people with kiosks and automation. That's why they had that test store 10 years ago, that was 100% automated, and it worked. The whole reason they did that, was if the minimum wage is jacked up, they could phase in replacement of workers with automation.

So illegals are not preventing the 17 year old high school student from getting a middle class income... if only those darn illegals would go away.

On the flip side, you don't see illegals running engineering firms at fortune 500 companies. I'm sorry, but you simply can't expect me to believe that some electrical engineer would have earned $100,000 a year, but instead is earning $30,000 a year, because some McDonalds hired illegals.

I don't believe you. (yes I made up the numbers, but whatever wage you want to take, fine. I still don't believe it, if they were could have been paid $70K, but earned $40K because some illegal somewhere).
I've seen the wages drop in Blue Collar construction jobs as a result of illegal immigration. I've been on jobs where they were busing them in, and they admitted they weren't legal. In areas like insulation, and scaffold building they have taken over on many jobs. Those wages used to be higher. Now, not so much.

WHY WORK?

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

Cash value of welfare spending to households in poverty greater than median household income
3:46 PM 12/07/2012

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/07/c...r-than-median-household-income/#ixzz3pfTQ8xiG

Dude.... fewer people, less demand for goods. Less demand for goods...... economic stagnation.

Fewer working people, and more retired people.... how do you think this country is going to survive?

The only reason Social Security has lasted as long as it has, is because of immigrants.

You know as well as anyone, that it's the younger demographic that generally is the main driver of the economy. Not the older.

You don't see guys in their 70s, buying home entertainment systems, and buying sports cars and boats.

It's the 20 to 40 range, and drops off from 50 to 60.

Well... quite frankly, without immigration, you would cut out 1/4th of all working age people in the next 10 years.

In the next few years, 40% of Japans entire population will be over the age of 60. Too old to do the work a modern economy requires. Too old to want to buy all the things, that make economy grow.

While housing prices did jump during the boom in the 2000s, housing prices have actually been on the decline in Japan
japanese-home-prices.png

Do you know why in general housing prices go up?

If you think about it, you would expect that the price of a home would decline. Newer homes are generally built better, with new features and better styles. Older homes have problems, and need fixed, or updates, or simply can't accommodate new demands.

Why do home prices typically over the long term, go up?

It's really simple. More people, more demand. More demand, higher price.

That's true of everything. The reason we sell more cars today, requiring more manufacturing plants, requiring more jobs, is only because we have more people, and those people want cars.

Japan has been in a stagnant economic state for now almost 20 years plus. Some say longer, and you can trace it back to when the population growth rate really started getting low.

The US has been following the EXACT same pattern, with only one difference.... immigration. The only wrong we are not in a crisis right now, is because of immigration.

And honestly I gotta tell you, if you really want to solve this problem, the solution is for people to have more kids.

If Americans had a ton more kids, immigration would be so insignificant, as to not even be an issue to discuss.

But short of that, if we eliminate immigration, we will decline as a country.

Well I have some bad news for ya, we are declining now because of immigration. The median household income since DumBama took office has declined. We have record amount of people of working age not working. We have the most government dependents in decades.

Housing prices go up and down depending on the economy. It was only a few years ago our housing prices hit the bottom and while we did recover, we are still nowhere near where we left off. In many neighborhoods homes are just not worth what they used to be.

As long as we continue to allow immigration, the middle-class will continue to erode. Close off the borders, and employers will have no choice but to up their pay scale in order to attract workers.

Money is not circulating in this country.............That is showing we are Stagnant...............

The Labor Participation rate is Horrible...........showing that people have simply dropped off the map and off the data for unemployment.

The True Unemployment rate is much higher than the Gov't is reporting because of the way it calculates it.

The Median Income average of this country is going down.

More companies are leaving to the 3rd World countries to maximize profits.
Inversion of companies are on the rise........taking advantage of loopholes in the Tax system to avoid the 35% tax rate in the U.S.

They are leaving, not to the 3rd world countries but to modern countries like Canada, Ireland, the UK.....etc........where Corp taxes are 12% or close to that mark. These countries have figured out that making that high drives investments out.

2 Trillion Dollars of money is in limbo by U.S. Corps overseas now to avoid the 35% taxes.......Money that is desperately needed to create better paying jobs here.

On top of that, Obama with his anti-business tactics chases even more off.......Like the Keystone pipeline which would invest Billions of dollars into the economy.

Anti-Fracking the same deal..................No new leases on Federal Land the same.........

Increased Regulations killing Coal.................driving up the cost of utility bills for Americans.............

Then we destroy the value of the dollar with reckless spending and HUGE debt that is now over 100% of the GDP of the nation...........

Given all of this............are they just THIS STUPID.......or is it DONE ON PURPOSE for Globalization............Adding all the negatives is the policy of the insane........or the policy for a global restructure of power for parties unknown who have bought our leaders.

WHY WORK?

i agree left-wing losers are obtuse morons waving non-sequiturs. Raising the minimum wage wont take people off those programs, it will put more on them.

WHY WORK?

i agree left-wing losers are obtuse morons waving non-sequiturs. Raising the minimum wage wont take people off those programs, it will put more on them.
I certainly never agreed to raising the minimum wage, if that is what is implied by this post.

It will only put more out of work, and is already doing so in places that are trying it.

The "poor" welfare and assistance recipients have cars and iPhones. That's a lot more than we had growing up. Now I do very well for myself and family and have to pay taxes out the ass to support these people. Forgive me if I fail to give a shit about their plight.,
thank you for recognizing we now have the Best form of socialism in the World. Sorry it took so long.

The "poor" welfare and assistance recipients have cars and iPhones. That's a lot more than we had growing up. Now I do very well for myself and family and have to pay taxes out the ass to support these people. Forgive me if I fail to give a shit about their plight.,
thank you for recognizing we now have the Best form of socialism in the World. Sorry it took so long.
Greece said the same thing now didn't they?

WHY WORK?

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

I've seen the wages drop in Blue Collar construction jobs as a result of illegal immigration. I've been on jobs where they were busing them in, and they admitted they weren't legal. In areas like insulation, and scaffold building they have taken over on many jobs. Those wages used to be higher. Now, not so much.
where? how much "union busting" has been going on, to engender those negative conditions for labor, but not Capitalists.

WHY WORK?

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

Cash value of welfare spending to households in poverty greater than median household income
3:46 PM 12/07/2012

Read more: Cash value of welfare spending to households in poverty greater than median household income
shouldn't that be a sign, omen, and portent to Capitalists regarding wages for labor but not them?

Forum List

Back