Why would anybody vote for a Democrat in this election?

Election denying. Refusing to concede. Proclaiming American political opponents are existential enemies

I voted on facts. Fact is Joe Biden didn's steal the election through mulit-state voter fraud. His policy's from Jan 21, 2021 on didn't cause the rise in world oil prices, or the inflation that followed. He didn't cause the Afghan war to go sour.......
Biden’s policies didn’t CAUSE a rise in world oil prices or the inflation but his policies did IMPACT their effect on the American People. Putting more restrictions on US Energy Companies put the US more dependent on volatile global oil markets. For inflation, his Build Back Better went egregiously beyond its stated goal of infrastructure and exacerbated inflation.

The Democrat agenda has everything to do with why inflation is as bad as it is in the USA.
Trumpybear's party gave away as much cash to consumers as the democrats did. The Pandemic caused oil glut and subsequent world wide lowering of production cause oil and gas prices to plummet When restrictions eased that money pushed demand and energy prices up beginning in 2020. That is where the current inflation bubble began. Not Jan 20th, 2021.

Trumpybear's party gave away as much cash to consumers as the democrats did. The Pandemic caused oil glut and subsequent world wide lowering of production cause oil and gas prices to plummet When restrictions eased that money pushed demand and energy prices up beginning in 2020. That is where the current inflation bubble began. Not Jan 20th, 2021.
I have never said Biden caused inflation. I and most economists agree that he has done nothing to remedy it and in fact has seriously exacerbated it.

Putting more restrictions on US Energy Companies put the US more dependent on volatile global oil markets
I don't think so. We, well for our refiners, the price is based on the global market price even for US produced oil. We have been oil dependent since Kennedy.

The Democrat agenda has everything to do with why inflation is as bad as it is in the USA.

If you need to tell yourself that, fine.

Actually, if I blame ANY policy for inflation, it has been the fed keeping interest rates at rock bottom for more than a decade while the labor pool has been shrinking.

But most of it is just commodity costs and supply chains, most of which are beyond the control of the government. We just have to wait for the markets to catch up.

Biden’s policies didn’t CAUSE a rise in world oil prices or the inflation but his policies did IMPACT their effect on the American People. Putting more restrictions on US Energy Companies put the US more dependent on volatile global oil markets. For inflation, his Build Back Better went egregiously beyond its stated goal of infrastructure and exacerbated inflation.

Except oil is a global commodity... and the US is producing just as much now as it did before the Pandemic hit.

I don't think so. We, well for our refiners, the price is based on the global market price even for US produced oil. We have been oil dependent since Kennedy.
It’s all relative. When an Administration increases regulations on domestic oil companies, does the US dependence on foreign oil increase or decrease? Case in point, every President since Kennedy has had to go to foreign oil producers (eg OPEC, Venezuela) to ask for increased production. Does a President have more leverage when they have increased or reduced regulations on domestic oil companies? If you are OPEC and dealing with a President that has increased regulations, you have more leverage in the negotiations and less incentive to increase output.

Except oil is a global commodity... and the US is producing just as much now as it did before the Pandemic hit.
US has more leverage and impact with global oil producers when their own regulations are comparatively relaxed to what they are now.

When an Administration increases regulations on domestic oil companies, does the US dependence on foreign oil increase or decrease?

I think we can agree that Obama Increased regulations. Did the nearly doubling of domestic production that happened under Obama decrease or increase our dependence on foreign sources?

US is producing just as much now as it did before the Pandemic hit.
We're producing about a 1 mbd less. The US has almost a million producing wells but their rate of return is slowing over time and we have to drill new wells just to keep even. During the pandemic new drilling starts fell to record lows. It will take time to get back to 13 mbd, but they will get there and more.....

Yeah, as long as you don't mind drinking dirty water... those regulations are a pain.
There is a difference between common sense regulations and egregious volume regulations that align with a stated goal to end fossil fuels in the US. And then we beg for fossil fuels from nations who are less environmentally conscious than the US.

There is a difference between common sense regulations and egregious volume regulations that align with a stated goal to end fossil fuels in the US. And then we beg for fossil fuels from nations who are less environmentally conscious than the US.

Those countries are pulling it out of a desert.

We are destroying farmland to frack the last few drops of oil.

Those countries are pulling it out of a desert.

We are destroying farmland to frack the last few drops of oil.
Where do the climate change and environmental activists rank farmland more valuable than desert? Is your argument economic or environmental?

There is a difference between common sense regulations and egregious volume regulations that align with a stated goal to end fossil fuels in the US. And then we beg for fossil fuels from nations who

We've been buying foreign oil for over six decades. Well I say we but it is the refiners who buy it and we buy the finished product. Our politicians have asked over the year for the OPEC nations to increase and or decrease production to stabilizes the global prices because that what they do. Do you think Trumpybear was begging when he asked them to increase production and then later decrease production?

We've been buying foreign oil for over six decades. Well I say we but it is the refiners who buy it and we buy the finished product. Our politicians have asked over the year for the OPEC nations to increase and or decrease production to stabilizes the global prices because that what they do. Do you think Trumpybear was begging when he asked them to increase production and then later decrease production?

Well, no, Trump was buying up oil for the strategic reserve it didn't need to keep prices up for his oil buddies.

Uh, because it's fucking desert, stupid. Nobody lives there, and the environmental impact is minimal.

Ideally, we NEED to invest in the technologies to move beyond petroleum.
You are saying that the environmental and climate activists agree that the impact are minimal? Validate that one.

I could give a shit if the economy runs on air, wind, or sun on the level that fossil fuel does. But, right now, the technologies you wish to invest in are not viable to run the economy.

What is stupid is the notion that by punishing or hindering US Fossil Fuel companies and the US economy as a result, alternative technologies that you dream of will be ready faster to sustain the economy. For this, China and all other US economic competitors are smiling.

You are saying that the environmental and climate activists agree that the impact are minimal? Validate that one.

Where did I say that? I just applied common sense, that drilling a hole in the ground in the desert is easier than pumping water into shale to try force up petroleum.

I could give a shit if the economy runs on air, wind, or sun on the level that fossil fuel does. But, right now, the technologies you wish to invest in are not viable to run the economy.

Hey, let me tell you a story. DUring WWII, the Japanese Empire overran Southeast Asia and cut off the world's supply of rubber. Crucial for making tires and other things needed for the war effort.

Do you know what happened? We made a crash effort to create alternatives.

You invest the money, you get the alternatives... this isn't complicated.

What is stupid is the notion that by punishing or hindering US Fossil Fuel companies and the US economy as a result, alternative technologies that you dream of will be ready faster to sustain the economy. For this, China and all other US economic competitors are smiling.

China is massively investing in Solar, Wind and alternative energies.

Forum List

Back