Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

I supposedly adore SH and hate GWB because I tell the truth about the stupidest foreign policy decision by American since 1812 when the Canadians (Canada!~) kicked our asses for invading it.

History will not remember the bushies and Iraq favorably at all,

Quote: Originally Posted by JRK
You might want to start with those who started this mess
Saddam Hussein
OBL

not the US
NO-ONE has been charged with any war crimes but Saddam and OBL
they both got justice
WARNING: HERE COMES A PERSONAL ATTACK!

Your statement above, shows how irresponsible you are, by blaming others for your actions. WE decided to go to war. That was OUR decision. Don't blame anyone else but US!

This has become standard Rethug spin; Saddam made us attack him. Bad bad Saddam.

Don't rethugs EVER own up to their decisions? Ever?

and Lionboy, nice job on the presenting of facts. and refuting of bull shit.

Saddam Hussein
OBL

not the US
they both got justice

Your statement above, shows how irresponsible you are, by blaming others for your actions. WE decided to go to war. That was OUR decision. Don't blame anyone else but US!

This has become standard Rethug spin; Saddam made us attack him. Bad bad Saddam.

Saddam Made Us Attack Him....You to are Missing your BRAIN..What SHIT YOU SPEAK!!!!!!:cuckoo:

theliq

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?
That nut on top of your head controls the pitch, of your single, flapping, right-wing:

1. Remove Saddam, so WHAT! Saddam was a CIA client, since 1958. Kindly notice who the other CIA client was, who GW Bush went after, who Obama's Seals caught up to, but so WHAT! The US is an ally of Turkey, where Sunni Islam originated, so the US supports Sunni tyrants over Shiite majorities, like Saddam in Iraq and the King of Bahrain. GHW Bush got cold feet on the road to Basra, setting up Saddam, for cottage-tyrant GW Bush, who enlisted a lying, Iraqi informant, to bolster the GW, Rummy, Cheney, and Halliburton media, in favor of shooting Iraq up with depleted uranium, while playing with sectarians:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curveball_(informant)
'Curveball,' Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi, Iraqi Informant: I'm Proud My WMD Lies Led To Iraq War
2. Are you a known idiot? The Russians support Shiites, since they hate the Turks, the US supports Sunnis, as ally of Turkey, but then came Sunnis in Al Queda. Nothing is stable, just because GW decided to go after two targets, to make a point to Sunnis, which was as stupid as Clinton shooting cruise-missiles in all directions, after the embassy bombings, only GW is known for 'nukuler'-sized stupidity, to pass Clinton, who signed deregulation of energy, courts, and banks, and the banks got bailed by the second-chimpiest President;
3. A republic was born of these events, which started back when the CIA and MI6 supported the rise to power of the Shah, 1953. The CIA support of Saddam was likely linked to US support for Sunnis, to piss off the Shiites, which keeps balance to any plan, to start a war or three. The US shot the whole place up with D.U., we are in debt, the Democrats passed Obamacare, they spank it in a circle with Republicans, and they tried to pass biomass research, which lost in 2012, AFTER they lost the US House, 2010. We need another republic, over here, with equal rights and equal protection, of the laws. But nooo!

The way to know that the Iraq war is a failure to look at who the conservatives try to blame for going to war in the first place.

Whenever anyone brings up the fact that Bush started the war, you inevitably get a stampede of responses from conservatives pointing out all the Democrats who voted for the war.

If those conservatives thought the war was a success, they'd never be giving Democrats credit for agreeing with Bush.

Whenever anyone brings up the fact that Bush started the war, you inevitably get a stampede of responses from conservatives pointing out all the Democrats who voted for the war.
Regime change in Iraq, officially began in 1993, with the letter the PNAC sent to President Clinton. Obviously, Bill disagreed with PNAC authors to invade Iraq, but then "the shrub" hit the scene and we all know what followed.

Where is Saddam Jr. so we can find him and set him back up in power?

There in rests the failue of the peace after the US won the war.

Iraq continues to drift closer to Iran while he suppresses the Sunni opposition,

If we had not invaded Iraq,

what reasonable believable scenarios, supported by good logic and evidence, can any of you construct that would make a good case that we would be worse off now,

all things considered, than we are?

That's how you would measure the success or failure of the Iraq war.

Saddam Hussein
OBL

not the US
they both got justice

What BS was refuted?
And 29 dems in the senate voted to enforce the terms of surrender
Nothing has been refuted

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?
That nut on top of your head controls the pitch, of your single, flapping, right-wing:

1. Remove Saddam, so WHAT! Saddam was a CIA client, since 1958. Kindly notice who the other CIA client was, who GW Bush went after, who Obama's Seals caught up to, but so WHAT! The US is an ally of Turkey, where Sunni Islam originated, so the US supports Sunni tyrants over Shiite majorities, like Saddam in Iraq and the King of Bahrain. GHW Bush got cold feet on the road to Basra, setting up Saddam, for cottage-tyrant GW Bush, who enlisted a lying, Iraqi informant, to bolster the GW, Rummy, Cheney, and Halliburton media, in favor of shooting Iraq up with depleted uranium, while playing with sectarians:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curveball_(informant)
'Curveball,' Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi, Iraqi Informant: I'm Proud My WMD Lies Led To Iraq War
2. Are you a known idiot? The Russians support Shiites, since they hate the Turks, the US supports Sunnis, as ally of Turkey, but then came Sunnis in Al Queda. Nothing is stable, just because GW decided to go after two targets, to make a point to Sunnis, which was as stupid as Clinton shooting cruise-missiles in all directions, after the embassy bombings, only GW is known for 'nukuler'-sized stupidity, to pass Clinton, who signed deregulation of energy, courts, and banks, and the banks got bailed by the second-chimpiest President;
3. A republic was born of these events, which started back when the CIA and MI6 supported the rise to power of the Shah, 1953. The CIA support of Saddam was likely linked to US support for Sunnis, to piss off the Shiites, which keeps balance to any plan, to start a war or three. The US shot the whole place up with D.U., we are in debt, the Democrats passed Obamacare, they spank it in a circle with Republicans, and they tried to pass biomass research, which lost in 2012, AFTER they lost the US House, 2010. We need another republic, over here, with equal rights and equal protection, of the laws. But nooo!

Curveball?
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.
"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.
The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.
The munitions found contain sarin and mustard gases, Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said. Sarin attacks the neurological system and is potentially lethal.

JRK continues his fail on the Boaed.

The invasion was unnecessary, was not sanctioned by the UN, was illegal, and did not result in a reconstituted ME in harmony with the USA. It led to a huge deficit, injured the economy, and the rejection of neo-con thuggery in politics.

He has not carried one single point as women are forced back into sharia submission and Iraq drifts into alliance with Iran,

JRK should never be allowed to in the presence of our military,

Last edited:
Let me make this simple
you want to debate the war? Fine
you want to slander who I am?
That is not going to happen
People have a right to speak there opinions, this would be what those Vets went to war for.
I have not said anything about you personally, except for you being FOS, on claiming the finding of WMD's.

I find it amazing that the liberal uses these groups for there cause and ignore the millions who go on about there business and ask no-one for any funds.
I like to stay within the context of the discussion. I have no intention of discussing everything under the sun in one conversation.

At least we agree on that.

Which is appreciated, thank you for your diplomacy.

Of the information you posted, it did not prove your claim. There is still information you haven't posted, that I'm still waiting on.

This happens to be part of the information I'm still waiting for you to post.

No one is saying Hussein wasn't a bad guy.

Not as a guest of the government.

So Hans Blix statement in January was the truth and his statement in March was a lie? Why am I not surprized you'd say that?

This is irrelevant. I've never said anything of the kind. But all the people I've met who were vets said the main reason for joining was the GI Bill. Not so they could go kill brown people with imunity.

You ask me how I feel about a hand full of those vets wanting peace?
Why would I want anything else?.
Because you argue the opposite. You go to war because you have to. Because you have no other choice. It is a last resort. We still had options in Iraq. We could of let the inspectors do their job and finish their mission. Again, there was no reason to rush into war that killed over a million Iraqi's and made over 4.5 million homeless.

Saddam Hussein
OBL

not the US
they both got justice

Dude the info your "waiting" to post is on this page
Update 27 January 2003
from the link
Even Iraq’s letter sent in response to our recent discussions in Baghdad to the President of the Security Council on 24 January does not lead us to the resolution of these issues.
The nerve agent VX is one of the most toxic ever developed.
Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes
This was a relatively new bunker and therefore the rockets must have been moved there in the past few years, at a time when Iraq should not have had such munitions.
inspectors have found at another site a laboratory quantity of thiodiglycol, a mustard gas
precursor.
There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared,
What is clear is that they were illegally brought into Iraq, that is, Iraq or some company in Iraq, circumvented the restrictions imposed by various resolutions.

The UN made claims of 6500 WMDs misssing
rockets FOUND
Thiodiglycol as noted FOUND
anthrax
nerve gas
Obvious to any-one who takes there blinders off Saddam was lying and was never going to adhere to the terms he agreed to when he surrendered in 91
In addition It had been confirmed that Al Qaeda was there in 2002 recently

What else is there?
550 metric tons of "yellow cake"

My god what else do you want?

None of which, JRK, has anything to do with what the bushies were talking about.

If so, they would have yelled it from the rooftops, instead of you squeaking it from the mouse hole,.

Let me make this simple
you want to debate the war? Fine
you want to slander who I am?
That is not going to happen
People have a right to speak there opinions, this would be what those Vets went to war for.
I have not said anything about you personally, except for you being FOS, on claiming the finding of WMD's.

I like to stay within the context of the discussion. I have no intention of discussing everything under the sun in one conversation.

At least we agree on that.

Which is appreciated, thank you for your diplomacy.

Of the information you posted, it did not prove your claim. There is still information you haven't posted, that I'm still waiting on.

This happens to be part of the information I'm still waiting for you to post.

No one is saying Hussein wasn't a bad guy.

Not as a guest of the government.

So Hans Blix statement in January was the truth and his statement in March was a lie? Why am I not surprized you'd say that?

This is irrelevant. I've never said anything of the kind. But all the people I've met who were vets said the main reason for joining was the GI Bill. Not so they could go kill brown people with imunity.

Because you argue the opposite. You go to war because you have to. Because you have no other choice. It is a last resort. We still had options in Iraq. We could of let the inspectors do their job and finish their mission. Again, there was no reason to rush into war that killed over a million Iraqi's and made over 4.5 million homeless.

Saddam Hussein
OBL

not the US
they both got justice

Dude the info your "waiting" to post is on this page
Update 27 January 2003
from the link
Even Iraq’s letter sent in response to our recent discussions in Baghdad to the President of the Security Council on 24 January does not lead us to the resolution of these issues.
The nerve agent VX is one of the most toxic ever developed.
Thus, there is a discrepancy of 6,500 bombs. The amount of chemical agent in these bombs would be in the order of about 1,000 tonnes
This was a relatively new bunker and therefore the rockets must have been moved there in the past few years, at a time when Iraq should not have had such munitions.
inspectors have found at another site a laboratory quantity of thiodiglycol, a mustard gas
precursor.
There are strong indications that Iraq produced more anthrax than it declared,
What is clear is that they were illegally brought into Iraq, that is, Iraq or some company in Iraq, circumvented the restrictions imposed by various resolutions.

The UN made claims of 6500 WMDs misssing
rockets FOUND
Thiodiglycol as noted FOUND
anthrax
nerve gas
Obvious to any-one who takes there blinders off Saddam was lying and was never going to adhere to the terms he agreed to when he surrendered in 91
In addition It had been confirmed that Al Qaeda was there in 2002 recently

What else is there?
550 metric tons of "yellow cake"

My god what else do you want?

Your on a hiding to nothing here JRK,for the simple fact that the reasons the Americans invaded was on a false premis,they effectively found nothing,left the nation in a schism,looted oil(the main reason to go to War,as Saddam was negotiating oil exports in euros and not US dollars)....and I note here much of Iraqs antiquities were for sale within 7days of the defeat of Saddam in Yes, New York.

Was and has it been worth US military and Iraqi DEATHS and MAIMINGS....NO.

They did find a milking machine,they tried to suggest was a rocket launcher !!!!! and assumed wrongly that Saddam was purchasing Yellow Cake from Mali of all places!!!!!

The weapons inspectors found nothing prior or since........it was yet another slice of American Madness...and NO Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11 and never entertained Bin Laden.

All in all,a monumental failure.theliq by the way the chemicals you mention were all supplied by the US,Britain and France.What the US did do was illegaly invade a Soverign Nation.

So it follows that it's OK to invade the US,with no repercussions by any hostile nation,I have not started on rendition and murders.

A Failure.....it was and is moreover the US attempted to turn an educated nation into SWINE,such was their corrupt commentary prior to and after invasion.

But in the end it was Bush and his Cohorts who were found to be corrupt and a pack of liars.So much for your statement "You had no choice",feed yourself enough BULLSHIT J and you become what you eat.........in this case BULLSHIT

Last edited:
...looted oil(the main reason to go to War,as Saddam was negotiating oil exports in euros and not US dollars)....
That's a fact not too many people talk about.

Sanctions on Iraq that had prevented them for selling oil on the open market, were about to be lifted and the last thing they were going to do with their 4th largest reserve, was sell it to the US.

So we went in there to find out why they had "our oil", under "their sand"!

Hmmm, dumbfuck....where are all these stories of Americans stealing Iraqi oil???

I'm sure NPR, msnbc, kooks like you could find info for your bullshit claims.

Come on kook, Buuuuuuuush is making millions off Iraqi oil is your start. :eusa_whistle:

...looted oil(the main reason to go to War,as Saddam was negotiating oil exports in euros and not US dollars)....
That's a fact not too many people talk about.

Sanctions on Iraq that had prevented them for selling oil on the open market, were about to be lifted and the last thing they were going to do with their 4th largest reserve, was sell it to the US.

So we went in there to find out why they had "our oil", under "their sand"!

Forum List

Back