Why? Yes or No

Do you support free contraceptive devices as a means to reduce unwanted pregnanacy

• God told me so, I never question the word of God

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why do faith groups who abhor abortion seek to prevent the means which can effectively and greatly reduce the number of abortions in America? Prohibition seems rather stupid to me.

Supreme Court punts decision in birth control dispute

Why is there no YES option in the poll?

I would vote yes on this issue.

And that's your right. I should have include "yes" as an option, mea culpa.

However, why do some believe prohibition of contraceptives is a good thing, if in fact they abhor abortion? That makes no sense to me.
It is a most difficult proposition to ask the Catholic Church to be in the business of promoting sinful behavior in order to lessen the effects of another sin.

To promote sexuality among the unmarried by backing artificial contraception is intrinsically evil and always has been in Catholic Church teachings. Even though there are rare circumstances where two recent popes conceded condoms should not be discouraged in AIDS ridden nations. Not unlike the Lord granting Moses the Ok to draw up divorce decrees where there is so much acrimony between a husband and wife.

Op doesn't understand what free means.

Funny stuff

OP understands much much more than concrete thinkers. What is the cost in terms of raising a child, especially one unwanted?
Nothing to you unless you want to continue picking up the tab for freeloaders.

Free lol

It costs, and the fact that you do not understand is really pitiful.
I raised my children. I have no interest in paying for your promiscuity or the results thereof. Man up and pay for it yourself. Feel free to buy a case of rubbers and pass them out in the ghetto!

Why do faith groups who abhor abortion seek to prevent the means which can effectively and greatly reduce the number of abortions in America? Prohibition seems rather stupid to me.

Because it has never been about saving lives of babies and has always been about controlling women's reproduction.

If the US citizens wanted to invest in their own country and if RWNJs cared about babies, of course birth control would be readily available and cheap or free.

According to the thumpers,
Fetuses are valuable.
Children - not so much.

Dumb, stupid, wrong.

You need to be on an honest search for God instead of a mission to deny Him.

Search for him? I didn't know he was misplaced.

Because it has never been about saving lives of babies and has always been about controlling women's reproduction.

If the US citizens wanted to invest in their own country and if RWNJs cared about babies, of course birth control would be readily available and cheap or free.

Fetuses are valuable.
Children - not so much.

Dumb, stupid, wrong.

You didn't know a lot of things.

There is still time.

However, why do some believe prohibition of contraceptives is a good thing, if in fact they abhor abortion? That makes no sense to me.
It is a most difficult proposition to ask the Catholic Church to be in the business of promoting sinful behavior in order to lessen the effects of another sin.

To promote sexuality among the unmarried by backing artificial contraception is intrinsically evil and always has been in Catholic Church teachings. Even though there are rare circumstances where two recent popes conceded condoms should not be discouraged in AIDS ridden nations. Not unlike the Lord granting Moses the Ok to draw up divorce decrees where there is so much acrimony between a husband and wife.

I was raised and confirmed RC; then I grew up, experienced reality and became agnostic. The Church was exposed for what it is, some good, some bad. And typical of governments most of the good was the product of the workers, priest and nuns, though some bad was clearly in evidence recently.

I have great hope for Pope Francis, and of course he is vilified by many faux Christians.

Fetuses are valuable.
Children - not so much.

What does RWNJs stand for?

RWNJs stands for Right Wing Nut Jobs

LOL, I should have known. Thanks.

I use it because I don't know any Conservatives.

And I miss them.

Op doesn't understand what free means.

Funny stuff

Compare the cost of bc to the cost of abortions and starving, homeless kids.
Of which nothing would change. Liberals have been giving away "free" shit for decades yet the problems they claim will be solved only continue to grow.

Responsibility is not taught by enabling the very behavior you wish to alter.

Liberals are so dumb

As you know, its actually RWs and red states who get the most welfare.

It would cost less, short and long term, if they had contraception and education.

13139191_10209835312783603_5583438951147147750_n.jpg

So, you're saying that your god prefers hungry, unwanted and homeless children?

Fetuses are valuable.
Children - not so much.

Dumb, stupid, wrong.

I did LOL, and I'm very glad my sip of coffee was not still in my mouth - or I'd be cleaning my screen.

He prefers that over well off sinners, yes.

But you really do not strike me as disposed to consider other realities in life that would help you to understand varied explanations.

But you really do not strike me as disposed to consider other realities in life that would help you to understand varied explanations.

So HE told you that? You actually speak to/with GOD?

Ask GOD, the next time you speak with him, about the Sin of Pride.

Ask GOD, the next time you speak with him, about the Sin of Pride.

You do not know anything about God? I assume you are certain He exists?
You do not know which god is God?
You have nothing to rely on at all about what God asks of us?
Is this our starting point?

I'm fine with people providing contraceptives to others at no cost.

I oppose the government taxing people in order to do so, because I think it's wrong to use force to take other people's property.

Ask GOD, the next time you speak with him, ask about the Sin of Pride.

Do you know the meaning of agnostic?

My starting point, and my ending point is the same. If God exists, and if no God exists, my behavior and treatment of most other human beings, the Animal and Plant Kingdoms and of the earth, water and air will not change. I respect what exists, it matters not to me if it was created by a God or chaos.

The great irony of the callous conservatives and the religious right is that they disrespect much of above (which is why I modified my comments to include "most" human beings).

I'm fine with people providing contraceptives to others at no cost.

I oppose the government taxing people in order to do so, because I think it's wrong to use force to take other people's property.

The use of force to take money or other property from another is called Robbery; taxation is legal and thus not wrong.

Where in the world did you get the idea contraceptives are free or are being prohibited?

The liberals want faith-based employers to pay for contraceptives, and that is a violation of the First Amendment.

No one is stopping women from acquiring birth control. They are stopping liberals from forcing religious people to pay for it.

Ask GOD, the next time you speak with him, ask about the Sin of Pride.

Do you know the meaning of agnostic?

My starting point, and my ending point is the same. If God exists, and if no God exists, my behavior and treatment of most other human beings, the Animal and Plant Kingdoms and of the earth, water and air will not change. I respect what exists, it matters not to me if it was created by a God or chaos.

The great irony of the callous conservatives and the religious right is that they disrespect much of above (which is why I modified my comments to include "most" human beings).

Ok. I have no real quarrel with you. And, yes, I understand that some in my "klan" (including myself) can be "proud" or hypocrites, etc. I get it.

But neither am I ready to be on board with some of your assumptions and / or some of your decisions with the eternal as a result.

So if time allows, I will get back to you with your earlier question. I hope.

This is one of the many reasons why I am so opposed to tax expenditures and mandated employer-sponsored health insurance.

The government has no fucking business mandating what benefits a company must provide to its employees.

An employer owes you nothing more than cash in exchange for your labor. How you spend that cash should be up to you, not the government.

If an employer wants to provide extra perks to entice labor, that should be up to the employer, not the government.

Don't turn your will over to the government! Retards.

Last edited:

Because for most on the social right it’s not about ‘abortion’ or ‘the unborn’ – it’s about politics, it’s about using the abortion ‘issue’ as a political weapon, it’s about energizing the rightwing base, it’s about republicans seeking to divide Americans, and it’s about increasing the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty to compel conformity through force of law.

But you knew all this already.

Forum List

Back