Will Blacks Abandon the Democrat Party?

The Democratic Party is the party of Obama
The Republican Party is the party of Obama must fail

Is there any question of where blacks are going?
Oh you poor baby. Democrats always supported Bush and wanted him to succeed, huh

Actually, they did

Bush had 86% approval after 9-11 and received bipartisan support for anything he said he needed. Bush also got bipartisan support when he wanted funds to push TARP. When Obama needed TARP money he got no Republicans to support him
And Obama had a high approval rating when he began also. Stop whining about Obama.

Can you name a single issue where Republicans backed the President?
Fighting ISIS.
The GOP is in a corner and must support any action against ISIS. But while they are supporting Obama's response to ISIS out of one side of their mouths, they are blaming him for ISIS out of the other.

And you can be sure that any less than ideal outcome is going to be blamed on Obama, too, with no fault being placed on any Republican who ever lived.

I can tell you right now that there will be no ideal outcome. We are living in a historical transition period for the Arabic world that is going to be incredibly turbulent.

Oh you poor baby. Democrats always supported Bush and wanted him to succeed, huh

Actually, they did

Bush had 86% approval after 9-11 and received bipartisan support for anything he said he needed. Bush also got bipartisan support when he wanted funds to push TARP. When Obama needed TARP money he got no Republicans to support him
And Obama had a high approval rating when he began also. Stop whining about Obama.

Can you name a single issue where Republicans backed the President?
Fighting ISIS.
The GOP is in a corner and must support any action against ISIS. But while they are supporting Obama's response to ISIS out of one side of their mouths, they are blaming him for ISIS out of the other.
Yes. If you put someone in charge of something and they screw up, then your criticism is justified. If they try to fix it, then you support that. Common sense.

Any blacks that are "abandoning" Obama are doing so because they believe Obama is not liberal enough. So you have to be smoking crack if you think that means they will emigrate to the Republican Party, especially since the faux Right has made it crystal clear just how much they hate darkies.

This topic is evidence of a serious delusion on the part of those right wingers. Wishful thinking after huffing paint.

How racist can you be just to assume that all blacks are liberal.... The conservative blacks are "uncleToms" right?
Not all blacks are liberal.....just 90% of them

You never cease to amaze me Norton

African Americans identification as Democrats has steadily declined since the mid-1980s. Only 28% consider themselves liberal as per BlackDemographics.com POLITICS

"There has been a growing African American dissatisfaction with the Democratic Party since ...1980s " African American Power and Politics The Political Context Variable - Hanes Walton - Google Books

Of course there was/is a concerted effort to jail criminals. 5 out of 6 black males manage to never spend any time in prison though, which proves that there is no effort to imprison black males who haven't committed crimes.

When you prosecute and imprison Blacks at a higher rate for the same crime whites do at a higher rate, there is definitely an effort to imprison Blacks and not whites. The majority of Blacks are in prison for drug offenses like having some weed on them.

completely untrue

NO ONE is or ever has been in prison when simple possession of marijuana was their only crime.
You cant be this stupid. I'm not even going to dignify this dumb ass comment with a response

You in fact DID respond to it. But be that as it may, you made a claim prove it. show ONE case where someone went to prison for nothing more than simple possession of weed.
I responded to show everyone how stupid you were. If you want a case look it up. You are a good example of the intelligence level of most republicans.

I responded to show everyone how stupid you were.
images

Any blacks that are "abandoning" Obama are doing so because they believe Obama is not liberal enough. So you have to be smoking crack if you think that means they will emigrate to the Republican Party, especially since the faux Right has made it crystal clear just how much they hate darkies.

This topic is evidence of a serious delusion on the part of those right wingers. Wishful thinking after huffing paint.

How racist can you be just to assume that all blacks are liberal.... The conservative blacks are "uncleToms" right?

African Americans identification as Democrats has steadily declined since the mid-1980s. Only 28% consider themselves liberal as per BlackDemographics.com POLITICS

"There has been a growing African American dissatisfaction with the Democratic Party since ...1980s " African American Power and Politics The Political Context Variable - Hanes Walton - Google Books
Yet most of us Blacks still vote Democratic. Kind of brings his point home. Even though there is dissatisfaction with the Dems the alternative is the republicans which creates a gag reflex.

Growing dissatisfaction with the Democratic Party does not mean growing love for Republicans.

Blacks are probably feeling more and more left out in the cold.

As are many voters.

Very interesting Mr Rogers!

However, they don't show it at the polls do they? What does that tell you about the lure of the Republican Party?

However, they don't show it at the polls do they? What does that tell you about the lure of the Republican Party?

Let's see some data to back up your 90% claim

You claimed 90% - I showed you data showing it was only 28% .... back down in the sewer for you Norton ... It's a beautiful day in MY neighborhood.

Growing dissatisfaction with the Democratic Party does not mean growing love for Republicans.

As are many voters.

Possibly , but that's just your opinion ... and I already know what your opinion is worth

You claimed 90% - I showed you data showing it was only 28% .... back down in the sewer for you Norton ... It's a beautiful day in MY neighborhood.

Actually, I was being generous. It was 93% who voted Democratic

Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 2012 Presidential Election

Democrats Racially Diverse Republicans Mostly White

As are many voters.

Possibly , but that's just your opinion ... and I already know what your opinion is worth
If it is facts you want, I am very good at providing those, as you found to your detriment quite a few times.

Blacks are actually tracking closer than ever to the rest of the US population in voter participation. The trend has been a decline in overall participation over the past 50 years:

http://www.ssdan.net/sites/default/files/briefs/vtgraphic2.png

25qy6j5.png

Last edited:
Most do, whether it is a rational decision or not. What will be interesting is whether or not blacks will continue to vote in the numbers they did in 2008 and 2012 where they participated at a marginally higher percentage than whites for the first time.

I'm thinking we will return to a +5 percentage point advantage to whites with no black presidential candidate.

Louisiana has mandatory minimum sentencing laws on the books for marijuana possession.

I have frequently found SMARTERTHANTHEAVERAGEBEAR isn't any smarter than the average grain of sand.

If we trace those laws, will we find Republicans behind them, or your side?

It amuses me that whenever someone kicks your ass in a debate and outsmarts you, your default position is to assume they must be a Democrat or liberal. You are too stupid to realize you are giving Democrats and liberals more credit than they deserve.

"My side" is truth and honesty. I was a lifelong straight ticket Republican voter until 2006. Then I stopped voting because the GOP has been hijacked by assholes like you.

I cannot imagine a day when I would ever vote Democratic.

So you can continue to be an idiot who assumes smart people must be Democrats, or you can wise up.

Considering how few Republicans have held office in Louisiana, I would venture to guess......

Mandatory sentencing laws are a Republican thing, moron. You know, the whole "law and order" thing. It was a big right wing movement in the 80s, led by none other than Ronald Reagan. The Right is finally beginning to see the error of that policy.
The same assholes are in charge. You've been made aware, so of course you reject it. Still, considering the screwup in the Whitehouse I would think you'd wanted to at least prevent it from happening again, not assure that it does.

As are many voters.
This is the reason Democrats made race-baiting such a priority.

They'll hold their noses and vote for Democrats or not at all.

Actually, I was being generous. It was 93% who voted Democratic

Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 2012 Presidential Election

Democrats Racially Diverse Republicans Mostly White

Stop Back Pedaling Douchebag - You said Liberal

Most do, whether it is a rational decision or not. What will be interesting is whether or not blacks will continue to vote in the numbers they did in 2008 and 2012 where they participated at a marginally higher percentage than whites for the first time.

I'm thinking we will return to a +5 percentage point advantage to whites with no black presidential candidate.
I disagree. I'm Black. This has awakened many Black people to educate themselves about voting. I've never heard so much talk about voting just in general conversation. My 2 nieces that were turning 20 and 21 respectively cant wait to vote in the next election.

As are many voters.

If it is facts you want, I am very good at providing those, as you found to your detriment quite a few times.

Blacks are actually tracking closer than ever to the rest of the US population in voter participation. The trend has been a decline in overall participation over the past 50 years:

http://www.ssdan.net/sites/default/files/briefs/vtgraphic2.png

25qy6j5.png

The chart is only marginally relevant , and you're still a funny little fella.

As are many voters.
This is the reason Democrats made race-baiting such a priority.

They'll hold their noses and vote for Democrats or not at all.
Ant thats why the Republicans tout racism in order play on the fears of ignorant white trash.

I disagree. I'm Black. This has awakened many Black people to educate themselves about voting. I've never heard so much talk about voting just in general conversation. My 2 nieces that were turning 20 and 21 respectively cant wait to vote in the next election.

Oh ... now you're Black ...if you say so ....and you seem to think that brings some privilege with it ? And Funny - when you referred to Blacks in the past it was allways "they" not "us" or "we" HMMMmmm

Forum List

Back