Will Donald Trump's hatred towards John McCain cost him Arizona?

President Trump NEVER expressed toward John McCain anything close to the irrational hate the McCain expressed toward the President. McCain vainly allowed his personal feelings to torpedo the most important political initiative of 2017 - one that HIS COLLEAGUES IN THE SENATE had promised to carry out the minute the 2016 election was history.

Everything bad that was said about McCain was true.

And as many Arizona voters will embrace Trump because he takes our immigration laws seriously as reject him because he rightly saw McCain as a fraud.

His contempt for McCain will not be a factor.

McCain supported repeal and replace Obamacare
What he voted against was repealing Obamacare and offering nothing to replace it
He voted against repealing Obamacare. He betrayed his constituents. End of story.
Actually, he didn’t.

He supported repeal it and replace it with something better.
What he voted against was repeal it and throw millions off of healthcare, end mandatory coverage, kick those under 26 off of coverage.

Question is....why didn’t all Republicans vote against such a hazardous repeal
In other words, he voted against repealing Obamacare.
President Trump NEVER expressed toward John McCain anything close to the irrational hate the McCain expressed toward the President. McCain vainly allowed his personal feelings to torpedo the most important political initiative of 2017 - one that HIS COLLEAGUES IN THE SENATE had promised to carry out the minute the 2016 election was history.

And as many Arizona voters will embrace Trump because he takes our immigration laws seriously as reject him because he rightly saw McCain as a fraud.

What he voted against was repealing Obamacare and offering nothing to replace it
He voted against repealing Obamacare. He betrayed his constituents. End of story.

Show where Trump ran on Repeal Obamacare or McCain supported repeal only.
You can't be this stupid.
I see you can’t show Trump running on Repeal Obamacare and replace it with nothing.

Once again......I win!

McStain WAS an asshole and an embarrassment to military personnel everywhere. Just dreadful.

Since when did the left ever care about the military?They spit on guys like McCain when they returned from Viet Nam.
No that was Donald Trump.
Donald Trump was busy helping his father build a fortune while hippies like Biden were out protesting and burning flags.
Trump was getting deferments for bone spurs, cheating to get into Wharton, and denigrating our soldiers. That is what Trump was doing.
I couldn't believe he actually wrote that.

This is how powerful this group psychosis is.
Cult leaders are always con men. Con men know how to scam the vulnerable. That is Trumpism in a nut shell.
That and a desire by most on the right for Republicans to keep control of the WH – to use the power of the executive to advance the conservative agenda by fiat and to continue to appoint rightwing ideologues to the courts, the Supreme Court in particular.

Rightists will do anything to retain that power and authority – including supporting the likes of Trump, no matter how reprehensible and unfit for office Trump might be.

In light of John McCain's popularity in his home state, and his friendshop with Joe Biden, could Trump's anti-McCain comments result in defeat for him against Joe Biden?
I know about 90% of USMB members are Trump supporters, but I'll ask anyway.
What do you think guys?
I think its far more likely that nation wide democrat riots cost THEM Arizona.

Since when did the left ever care about the military?They spit on guys like McCain when they returned from Viet Nam.
No that was Donald Trump.
Donald Trump was busy helping his father build a fortune while hippies like Biden were out protesting and burning flags.
Trump was getting deferments for bone spurs, cheating to get into Wharton, and denigrating our soldiers. That is what Trump was doing.

Plugs got 5 draft deferments for.... wait for it.... "childhood asthma"

OMG, what a cowardly twat. There is LITERALLY no more pussy thing that has ever been done on this planet.

In light of John McCain's popularity in his home state, and his friendshop with Joe Biden, could Trump's anti-McCain comments result in defeat for him against Joe Biden?
What do you think guys?

Last I heard, Trump carried AZ in 2016, why should it be different now? Nothing has changed.

Romney took Arizona by 9 percent in 2012, Trump by 3 percent in 2016.
Since then, his support and Republican support has eroded.

For the first time EVER, Arizona is looking to vote for a Democrat for President and have TWO Democratic Senators

3.6 to be exact, which is just as good as 20. And if the riots continue, it might be 20.

3.6 is way less than 9
Shows Trumps support in Arizona eroded in 2016.

There are no riots in Arizona.

There is a President who disrespected a favorite son in Arizona and a Senatorial race with a popular Democrat and unpopular Republican

And the commie ticket will raise taxes and kill the economy. An infamous commiecrat once said, "It's the economy stupid". Plus you can bet Biden will implode in the debates when Trump presses his buttons a couple of times.

Last edited:
Trump's victory would be because of his policies, economic, security, jobs and national defense. Those are things McCain sucked at. But having said that, I'm sure there will be some shallow people who will hold his dislike for McCain against him. Not me. MAGA

What would you hold against Trump? What would Trump have to do to lose your vote?
He'd have to have a better person running against him. That isn't close to happening today, from either party. Trump will go down as one of the best in the long run. MAGA

His disdain of soldiers, POWs and dead heroes would disqualify him as Commander in Chief if there is any justice.

jdUplBx.gif
I am so sorry that Obama felt that way about the military.

‘I am stunned that anybody in the United States military would consider you anything but a loser or a sucker. You’re no patriot.’ — Ret. U.S. Army Major General Paul Eaton has a scathing message for Trump

I suppose he was there to hear Trump's words. No. He wasn't?

What do you think guys?

Last I heard, Trump carried AZ in 2016, why should it be different now? Nothing has changed.

For the first time EVER, Arizona is looking to vote for a Democrat for President and have TWO Democratic Senators

3.6 to be exact, which is just as good as 20. And if the riots continue, it might be 20.

3.6 is way less than 9

There is a President who disrespected a favorite son in Arizona and a Senatorial race with a popular Democrat and unpopular Republican

And the commie ticket will raise taxes and kill the economy. An infamous commiecrat once said, "It's the economy stupid". Plus you can bet Biden will implode in the debates when Trump presses his buttons a couple of times.

A year ago, Trump could boast about the economy
Today, he has the worst economy in eighty years.

He is universally blamed for his inept handling of COVID and the US having the most infections and deaths in the world.

What do you think guys?

3.6 is way less than 9

He is universally blamed for his inept handling of COVID and the US having the most infections and deaths in the world.
No he isn't, moron. You have to remember that the world doesn't share your biases.

What do you think guys?

3.6 is way less than 9

No he isn't, moron. You have to remember that the world doesn't share your biases.

The world mocks the US for its inept handling of COVID.

But they understand that is what you get when you elect a conspiracy theorist as your President

“Over more than two centuries, the United States has stirred a very wide range of feelings in the rest of the world: love and hatred, fear and hope, envy and contempt, awe and anger,” the columnist Fintan O’Toole wrote in the Irish Times. “But there is one emotion that has never been directed towards the US until now: pity.”

What do you think guys?

Probably not.

McCain was alive in 2016, and his hatred for the Trump Base was unable to derail Trump in Arizona then. Why would it be more potent after McCain has been at room temperature for so long?

What do you think guys?

Probably not.

McCain was alive in 2016, and his hatred for the Trump Base was unable to derail Trump in Arizona then. Why would it be more potent after McCain has been at room temperature for so long?

Since then, Rump has severely insulted the Elections in Arizona AND Utah. He's lost both states. In order for him to win he needed to play nice with both of those. Now, unless he can come up with something like walking on water or making the Covid 19 to disappear overnight, he's in serious trouble come November. And November is just over 2 months away.

As far as I am able to see this from Germany the honorable Senator John McCain saw the problem that president Donald Trump did not offer a better alternative. This problem exists in many irreversible decisions of the Trump government. Sometimes the USA is only able to be a loser in long term of many of the short circuited decisions of Donald Trump as for example the INf-treaty and other problems of stability.

He made for example a very short time ago the president of Serbia to a public fool, when he had combined an economic agreement of the USA between Serbia and the Kosovo (¿Why is the USA doing such things?) with the decision that Serbia agreed to accept to move its embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The president of Serbia seemed to know nothing about this, he was totally surprised when Trump suddenly said so. The strange thing: This decision is bad for Serbia, it is bad for the USA, what Trump had done, and it is also bad for Israel - but Trump is doing so on reason to show that he is a good businessmen, who is able to manipulate the fine-print in a treaty. Donald Trump is a slob, who shows that no one and nothing is for him important, what other people say and think.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back