Will Killers or Gang Bangers follow gun control laws?

Will gun control laws keep criminals from obtaining guns?

• Total voters
One point that those who support additional background checks keep ignoring is the fact that many of these shootings have happened with guns obtained LEGALLY by law abiding citizens at the time of purchase. They didn't break any laws until after they got the guns.

IOW.....how would additional background checks have stopped LV shooter? Sandy Hook? Or any number of others? Even the FL shooter?
maybe they would have found this for the florida shooter.

Mental health agency examined Cruz in 2016, didn't hospitalize him

See above^^ (post 139)

laws only work when they are followed........not just by the people, but the organizations that impact them.

One point that those who support additional background checks keep ignoring is the fact that many of these shootings have happened with guns obtained LEGALLY by law abiding citizens at the time of purchase. They didn't break any laws until after they got the guns.

IOW.....how would additional background checks have stopped LV shooter? Sandy Hook? Or any number of others? Even the FL shooter?

See above^^ (post 139)

laws only work when they are followed........not just by the people, but the organizations that impact them.
Your question was how would additional background checks have stopped the shooter? Since were are using an if scenario then we can say if everyone had done their job correctly.

Actually events like these sort of mass shootings are not usually perpetrated by career criminals. Often it is that persons first and only crime. So things like a waiting period can be valuable, so the person os likely to act on a momentary impulse or rage. The average person isnt likely to be connected to the criminal market so if you ban assault weapons they arent likely to get them imo. Also assault weapons arent the preferred weapon for criminals, it is handguns.

Actually events like these sort of mass shootings are not usually perpetrated by career criminals. Often it is that persons first and only crime. So things like a waiting period can be valuable, so the person os likely to act on a momentary impulse or rage. The average person isnt likely to be connected to the criminal market so if you ban assault weapons they arent likely to get them imo. Also assault weapons arent the preferred weapon for criminals, it is handguns.

Lol! Seriously. Most of these people PLAN these attacks for weeks if not months in advance. They are INSANE. There is a difference between angry and insane! Good grief!

See above^^ (post 139)

Your question was how would additional background checks have stopped the shooter? Since were are using an if scenario then we can say if everyone had done their job correctly.

If everyone had reported as they should have, it would have shown up on a current check.......including the local cops arresting him for threats made. It's also up to the local jurisdiction to allow/deny the final sale

Well, it will be interesting to see how much NRA membership and gun sales SPIKE over the next few weeks. Because it will.
Thats what happens when gullible fools are tricked into supporting the NRA and buying yet more guns.

I suspect AR-15s are moving off the shelves at a perky pace even now. You people never learn.
You have to suspect that because you are a gullible "I need a gun to be a man" consumer. The people that are making the money know for sure and they know you people never learn.

Lol! Seriously. Most of these people PLAN these attacks for weeks if not months in advance. They are INSANE. There is a difference between angry and insane! Good grief!
Not necessarily. People go postal. It isnt always planned. And look at the Las Vegas shooter...no sighns of insanity but yes lots of planning.

Well, it will be interesting to see how much NRA membership and gun sales SPIKE over the next few weeks. Because it will.
Thats what happens when gullible fools are tricked into supporting the NRA and buying yet more guns.

I suspect AR-15s are moving off the shelves at a perky pace even now. You people never learn.
You have to suspect that because you are a gullible "I need a gun to be a man" consumer. The people that are making the money know for sure and they know you people never learn.

I haven't bought a firearm since 2000.

See above^^ (post 139)

If everyone had reported as they should have, it would have shown up on a current check.......including the local cops arresting him for threats made. It's also up to the local jurisdiction to allow/deny the final sale
That may be true but its not certain if the databases are not connected. What they need is a national system that can query a central database.

Now is a good time as any to buy more! If the liberals don't like it, it is a good thing. Always remember that! :D

So you have bought one though? A AR-15?

Now is a good time as any to buy more! If the liberals don't like it, it is a good thing. Always remember that! :D

Not a collector or hunter. I have all I need for my purposes.

I'm going to buy one. I wonder if it's as fun to plink cans with it as my dad's .22? I will find out soon enough! :D

See above^^ (post 139)

That may be true but its not certain if the databases are not connected. What they need is a national system that can query a central database.

And that was the failure of the FBI......if he had been arrested, it would have shown on FBI, thereby stopping his purchase.

Nope.

See above^^ (post 139)

And that was the failure of the FBI......if he had been arrested, it would have shown on FBI, thereby stopping his purchase.
Arrested on what grounds though? That is the problem.

Nope.
Good for you. I got all that out of my system when I was in the military. Now I just own a shotgun and 4 handguns. I dont let the threat of bans force me to go buy another weapon I dont need.

See above^^ (post 139)

Arrested on what grounds though? That is the problem.

No it isn't........people are arrested everyday for making violent threats, such as this. Do a search for people arrested for threatening a mass shooting or the like.

Forum List

Back