Will obama's SOTU Tonight Get Him Impeached?

We are talking about Righties giving themselves wedgies because the WH has already leaked that the POTUS is going to announce that if the Congress does not act, he will, per presidential directive. Ok.

Ahem, here is the list of federal executive orders issued, by president, by year:

List of United States federal executive orders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The five presidents with the most presidential orders, 'circumventing' the Congress?

FDR (D): 3,522 - WWII
Wilson (D): 1803 - WWI
Coolidge (R): 1203
T. Roosevelt (R): 1081
Hoover (R): 968

To compare:

To-date:

Obama: 167

None of the Presidents before Obama were impeached because of presidential orders. And as a matter of fact, a number of presidents before Obama USED THE SOTU AS A BULLY PULPIT to let the Congress know that they would do that, just as he is planning to do. And none of them were impeached for it.

There is a reason for why the Constitution also allows the POTUS presidential directives (orders).

I smell a massive amount of bullshit on this thread.

As I remember presidents have also been given the power to fill in some Congressional bills. In fact, the second bill given to FDR after the bank bill was a bill to reduce the budget with FDR filling in the particulars.
Also, Lincoln, with Congress in recess, enforced laws that did not exist. When Congress returned they indicated they would have passed the laws had they been in session. All Republican noise at this time.

I don't want to bring this exchange to an abrupt end or anything, but if you have any question abpout Obama having already committed impeachable acts, he certainly has and no one refutes it.

For your illumination:

Benghazi attorney: What Obama just did absolutely illegal, impeachable

August 13, 2013

by Michael Dorstewitz

Former U.S. attorney Joe DiGenova, who currently represents several of the so-called “Benghazi whistleblowers,” affirmed that when President Obama told the White House Press Corps at his Friday news conference that “a sealed indictment” exists relative to the Benghazi attack, he committed an impeachable offense.

When the issue of the indictment was raised on WMAL’s Mornings On The Mall Monday during the DiGenova interview, he said the indictment “is indeed” supposed to remain under seal.

“We are now getting close to a series of statements by the president that puts him on the wrong road to impeachable offenses,” he said.

“At that news conference, the President of the United States violated a court order of the United States District Court for either the Eastern District of Virginia or the District of Columbia where this sealed indictment apparently exists,” DiGenova noted.

“He is not allowed to say that. A president can declassify a document, but he cannot unseal an indictment. Only a federal court can do that,” he explained. “Whoever is the chief judge of either one of those districts should issue a show cause order for the United States attorney for that district as to why the United States attorney or the president should not be held in contempt.”

The statement DiGenova is referring to is one Obama threw out to the press Friday.

‘‘There’s a sealed indictment,’’ Obama said at the White House news conference according to ABC News. ‘‘It’s sealed for a reason, but we are intent on capturing those who carried out this attack. And we’re going to stay on it until we get them.’’

DiGenova described that statement as “unbelievable,” and added, “This was from our professor-president — our so-called “constitutional scholar.” There’s just no doubt about it — it was illegal,” he emphasized.

“But the AP reporter, Julie Pace, who was on ‘Fox News Sunday’ said, ‘It was kind of unusual for the president to talk about a sealed indictment in a public setting.’ It wasn’t unusual; it was illegal.”

Listen to the full interview, courtesy of WMAL.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmeo07cXGQ]Joe DiGenova on WMAL 8-12-13 - YouTube[/ame]

Benghazi attorney: What Obama just did absolutely illegal, impeachable - BizPac Review

So, now that that's been established, you can continue your debate for the fun of it.

Sorry foir the derail.

:popcorn:

The House of Representatives decides the impeachable offense. The offense in impeachment is not a broken law but what the House say it is. One of the charges against Johnson was that he yelled at the Congress.
Are there any American laws that are classified as high crimes? If a president did actually break a statute law, after the impeachment trial, he can be tried for violating that law.
Impeachment is to decide if a president or civil officer should be removed from office. A number of presidents have been threatened with impeachment and two impeached and found not guilty.

After Obamas State of the Union tonight, I expect the people to demand a third term

<Better chance than getting impeached>

I fully expect some republican congress member to so totally embarrass his party that it makes the "you lie" heckling incident of a few years ago look like a polite head shake. Should be highly enjoyable.

Levin should give this speech right after the Dear leader gives his hate show of the state of the union..
video at site

SNIP:
Mark Levin On Obama's Presidency: 'This Is Not the America that the Framers Established'
On his Monday night radio program, conservative talker Mark Levin offered a scathing critique of President Barack Obama and the direction he has taken the country.

Transcript as follows:

Let me be clear about this. Let me help some of these Republicans here and of course tomorrow's hosts, they may want to cherry-pick some of this. This president has created more poverty, more economic inequality, more economic dislocation, more crushing debt than any president in modern American history including Jimmy Carter and Herbert Hoover.

This president has set back the economic progress of women more than any modern president. This president has set back the economic progress of minorities, including African-Americans, more than any modern president. This president has set back economic opportunity for our young people -- our children and our grandchildren -- more than any modern president because he has embraced the most ideological, the most radical form of economics. A system they cannot work; a system that will not work; a system that is impossible.

He's spreading misery, he's spreading destitution and he's spreading poverty. This is not the America that the framers established. This is not the America that we were born into, each and every one of us. And because he's increasingly frustrated by his own incompetence and failure. What is he doing?

ALL of it here

Mark Levin On Obama's Presidency: 'This Is Not the America that the Framers Established'

I care about what he does.

that is a good solid hit on the head of a traitor, what ever the motherfucker says is a lie, so why would anyone with half a brain believe a word that emits from his lying mulatto lips.

liberals are the most deceitful disciples of the mulatto........, WHY ? :up:

I understand he's supposed to go 'full dictator' on us Tuesday :eek: night. He's supposed to tell us that he's going to move forward with 'his' ideas whether Congress grants him the power or not.

Last I checked.... Well, discuss.

I think, if he does announce his willingness to act without Congressional approval, that we (Patriotic Americans) Impeach him in the House and take enough seats in the Senate to Convict him come next January.

I don't like the idea of Impeaching a President, but when he threatens to violate the Constitution.... And then does (he has already, several times)... I think he's ASKING to be Impeached.

It's almost like he's saying, "Bring it on."

Which brings to mind another thought..... 'Impeach and fail to convict'? What repercussions, if any, would that present for Republicans?

I'm not going to watch the SOTU, so somebody else will have to tell me whether he really does go Full Dictator Tuesday night

Rush said he was going to refer to it as the State of the "Coup" speech.

:lol:

For those of you who haven't yet Googled it, here's a favor to you.

coup
ko&#862;o/Submit
noun
a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.
"he was overthrown in an army coup"
synonyms: seizure of power, coup d'état, putsch, overthrow, takeover, deposition; More

"Rush said"

Say no more, say no more......

Let me tell all of you something..... Not just our resident dimocrap idiot retards.... ALL of you (although most Conservatives already know)

When you're seeking help, when you're seeking a solution, when you're looking for problem solving....

The last person in the world you should listen to is the one who tells you what you want to hear.

They usually have an ulterior motive.

The person you should be listening to is the one who tells you what you DON'T want to hear.

The one who only tells you what you want to hear doesn't care about you. He (or she) usually (almost always) wants something. Isn't that right, girls? You know what I'm talking about, don't you?

The guy who shows just so much concern for your latest heart break, the guy who tells you exactly what you want to hear.... You know what I'm saying, don't you?

What gets me is; how come you fall for it so often? You'd think you'd learn after a while.

If you people ever have children, you better understand that it's a constant battel between giving your child love and giving him/her direction.

The people who give nothing but love to their kids while disregarding direction and discipline (mostly self discipline) are doing their kids no favors.

How many time have I seen a kid being raised by some lazy fucking hippy who just lets their kid get away with anything under the guise of 'caring' or 'love'? I don't know. A lot.

But the truth is, it isn't because they care or because of love... Most of the time, it's because they're just lazy. Raising a kid is hard work.

Which leads me to my point.... Too many dimocrap idiots listen to and vote for dimocrap scum for one reason... They like what they're saying. They tell them what they want to hear, "It's not your fault. It's Whitey's fault."

Or, "It's not your fault, it's "The Man" who's holding you back."

Tonight we'll hear, "It's not your fault, it's the evil rich (and coincidentally, white) Man that's keeping you down."

People who care about you, people who really have your best interests at heart aren't going to tell you what you want to hear. They're going to tell you like it is. Even when it hurts, people who care will tell you the truth

No, I'm not going to let my 15 year-old daughter spend the night at her girlfriends house while her parents are away. I don't care how much she screams and stamps her feet.

And I'm not going to tell my son, who is flunking Chemistry at U of Florida that it isn't his fault, he's got a mean Prof. I'm going to tell him to stop partying and buckle down. I don't care how pissed off he gets.

My kids (past-tense in this case, adults now) didn't have a choice. And they might resent me for a while (they did) but in the end, I know what's best for them. My 15 year-old daughter isn't going to spend the night at some girl's house unsupervised and my boy better get his ass in gear and go to work.

And I'm going to tell you people.... ALL of you, that now that you have the choice, now that you can CHOOSE who to listen to... Too many of you are listening to the wrong people.

You need to grow up. ESPECIALLY the 40 year-olds.

But most of you won't. I already know that

I understand he's supposed to go 'full dictator' on us Tuesday :eek: night. He's supposed to tell us that he's going to move forward with 'his' ideas whether Congress grants him the power or not.

Last I checked.... Well, discuss.

I think, if he does announce his willingness to act without Congressional approval, that we (Patriotic Americans) Impeach him in the House and take enough seats in the Senate to Convict him come next January.

I don't like the idea of Impeaching a President, but when he threatens to violate the Constitution.... And then does (he has already, several times)... I think he's ASKING to be Impeached.

It's almost like he's saying, "Bring it on."

Which brings to mind another thought..... 'Impeach and fail to convict'? What repercussions, if any, would that present for Republicans?

I'm not going to watch the SOTU, so somebody else will have to tell me whether he really does go Full Dictator Tuesday night

More nonsense from the far right.

Yawn.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y7hyUucbmj4]#EmptySuit - YouTube[/ame]

I fully expect some republican congress member to so totally embarrass his party that it makes the "you lie" heckling incident of a few years ago look like a polite head shake. Should be highly enjoyable.

Here's the thing, you stupid fuck.....

He WAS lying.

idiot.

Standing up, in front of the American People, in front of both Houses of Congress and the assembled SCOTUS.....

And the motherfucker lied.

And all your sorry ass has is that some patriot pointed it out?

Eat shit, scumbag. The motherfucker lied.

And only an ignorant douche would defend it

That's the stupidest reason yet for impeachment. It's like that retired cop that shot a killed a man in the theater for texting. It amazes me how cons can get dumber than dumb, but they consistently do.

This is a possibility, indeed...

would you mean something like this?

[ame=http://youtu.be/6mqSXsNJzRM]Democrats Applauding Their Own Obstructionism - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/YjVdL1ZSiOE]Hillary laughs at State of the Union - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://youtu.be/6mqSXsNJzRM]Democrats Applauding Their Own Obstructionism - YouTube[/ame]

No, because that was not embarrassing. Did anyone call a name at the President? Please... they clapped because Bush didn't want to save SS, he wanted to destroy it.

Last edited:
That's the stupidest reason yet for impeachment. It's like that retired cop that shot a killed a man in the theater for texting. It amazes me how cons can get dumber than dumb, but they consistently do.

Let me spell this out for you..... Stupid.

A man with a carry permit.... I'll use the name 'John' get's into an argument with another man and shoots him.

He gets arrested and charged with murder but the prosecutor can find no evidence to contradict John's claim of self-defense.

He is released.

Another man named "Jim" announces his intention to confront, while armed, a man over a debt or a woman. The confrontation goes bad and Jim shoots him.

How much chance do you think this guy has of pleading self-defense and getting away with it?

Try, "None"...... Genius.

No wonder you're a dimocrap. You're really not too awfully bright, are you?

Wake up, dewd.

The Liar-In-Chief is announcing his intent to bypass Congress. Some might see that as unconstitutional and a case for impeachment

No, because that was not embarrassing. Did anyone call a name at the President? Please...

oh, so now you on the left get to decide what is "embarrassing" speaking out at one is the ONLY thing embarrassing
we forget, how silly of the rest of us:rolleyes:

Last edited:

No, because that was not embarrassing. Did anyone call a name at the President? Please...

oh, so now you on the left get to decide what is "embarrassing"
we forget

Clapping about a point that one thinks is good is not embarrasing.

Saying "you lie" to the President is.

It's really quite simple.

Forum List

Back