Will Obamas wiretapping of Trumps home bring down the democrat party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify: I think we should call this an eavesdropping scandal. It's not clear there was actual wiretapping. Obabble could have access the information via the standard data collection done by the NSA. The Dems are already promoting talking points regarding "wiretapping". Let's focus on the data, not the method of getting it. The information is what Obama's admin abused.
We should call it another Trump Bull Shit Declaration “If, if, if, if,” Raddatz interjected. “Why is the president saying that it did happen?”

The germane question involves data that the Obabble Admin acquired under FISA - and What did Obabble know and When did he know it.

We expect unsupported accusations on the campaign trail but not from the president. Doesn't Trump understand he's president and both friend an foe expect true from him, not wild tales, exaggerations, and out right lies. What he is doing is creating an atmosphere of confusion and mistrust. His staff seems to spend an inordinate amount of their time trying to justify, deflect, or explains his comments.
So, you're saying the POTUS doesn't have access to this type of information...do tell....
Assuming the president is not bat shit crazy, in making a serious criminal accusations against the previous president, he should have sufficient evidence to request an FBI investigation. However, Trump is expecting congress to investigate? Trump is just trying to draw attention away from the congressional investigation of Russian meddling in the election. Unless he releases something to confirm his statement, it will be seen as just another deflection by the Deflector in Chief.

I suspect, the right wing media will build scenarios for Obama wiretapping Trump and Trump will use the bully pulpit to fan the flames.

Last edited:
boedicca, post: 16723848
ust to clarify: I think we should call this an eavesdropping scandal. It's not clear there was actual wiretapping.

Trump claimed it was an Obama wire tap. Are you admitting Trump lied yesterday.

No, I'm saying that the issue is actually the content, not the method of collection.

Outfoxed? We shall see.
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practise to deceive!"
Might want to look up that tale...
We know that they were wire tapping Russian phone lines, and when the Trump campaign called in to talk they're obviously being wiretapped. Whether intelligence agencies thought it was important to tap the TRUMP TOWER where the phones calls to the Russians were going back & forth, then they have every right to do that, and without warrants because this is ESPIONAGE aka spying on a foreign adversary which is perfectly legal to do.

BUT YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT:

We know it's been one lie after another coming out of the Trump circle. 5 times the inner circle has denied any contact with Russians during the campaign season. THAT WAS A LIE.
Analysis | 5 times Donald Trump’s team denied contact with Russia

And it's been one lie after another ever since. Flynn first.
Flynn reportedly lied to FBI about sanctions talk with Russian envoy

Sessions second: Sessions actually filled out a form before the confirmation meeting and checked a box that stated he had no contact with any Russians, which is why he is refusing to go back and testify under oath.

We know that not only did they have meetings with the Russian ambassador, but they were also on the phone with Russian intelligence officials and those phone calls were numerous, (especially via Trumps son-in-law) during the same time that the Russians were hacking into DNC databases.

More Trump advisers disclose meeting with Russia's ambassador - CNNPolitics.com
Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign - CNNPolitics.com

Trump-Putin.jpg

We know that Trump continually denied the Russian hacking, including the intelligence of the CIA, the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, 13 other intelligence agencies including the entire Republican held Senate. Even at one point stating: I know people who know more than they do, and I'll get back to you next week. He didn't.

When people are continually LYING it's usually because they're trying to hide something.

And I'll leave you to ponder two quotes:

Trump: "Russia if that's you, if you could find Hillary Clinton's 30K emails, you would be greatly rewarded by the media.

OBAMA: I want this Russian Investigation done BEFORE I leave office--LOL. Clearly he did not turn this over to FBI director James Comey, because he is also under investigation for his interference into this election. And he certainly would not have turned it over to Republicans who would have squashed it.
DOJ to Investigate James Comey and the FBI

Trump and company have been wholly OUTFOXED by Barack Obama, and I imagine he will release the Kracken in 2018 when Democrats take over, if not sooner.

Again Obama ordered this Russian investigation to be done BEFORE he left office. This 2nd ongoing investigation is just for the show. Obama would not have turned this over to FBI director, James Comey who is also under investigation for his interference into this election, and he certainly would not have turned it over to Republicans so they could squash it.

Every time one of them is lying about anything regarding Russia, another leak comes out to prove they're lying. Very methodical, planned, timed leaks.

All the while Trump is running around checking White House staff's phone numbers and demanding to find out who is doing all the leaking, banning White House media outlets from attending daily briefings, etc. etc. etc. It's hysterical.

It's Obama who has wholly outfoxed Trump and company--and is just sitting back waiting patiently, with his poker face, and then boom it's going to happen.

This is why I have stated repeatedly that Republicans need to get off of their thumbs. The Ways & Means committee needs to obtain Trump's income tax returns, which they refused to do last week. And if Trump needs to be impeached it's much better if Republicans do it, versus burning down the entire party with this when Democrats take over in 2018. But I doubt they're smart enough to figure than one out.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/...nvestigate-mr-trumps-ties-to-russia.html?_r=1

CroweJ20161216_low.jpg

bripat9643, post: 16724717
It's "legal" only in the sense that Auschwitz was legal.

So you think protecting, through the courts, our national security and banking/financial institutions is the same as gassing innocent Jewish people.

How do we learn of nefarious plots against our way of life in Trumpty Dumpty world?
"National security" has often been used as an excuse to violated the rights of a country's citizens. Hitler even used it.

"Through the courts" is meaningless when the law and the government are corrupt.

Shepard Smith is about as far left as you can get.

And phone calls going back and forth? Show me your evidence. Lol
Outfoxed? We shall see.
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practise to deceive!"
Might want to look up that tale...
We know that they were wire tapping Russian phone lines, and when the Trump campaign called in to talk they're obviously being wiretapped. Whether intelligence agencies thought it was important to tap the TRUMP TOWER where the phones calls to the Russians were going back & forth, then they have every right to do that, and without warrants because this is ESPIONAGE aka spying on a foreign adversary which is perfectly legal to do.

BUT YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT:

We know it's been one lie after another coming out of the Trump circle. 5 times the inner circle has denied any contact with Russians during the campaign season. THAT WAS A LIE.

And it's been one lie after another ever since. Flynn first.
Flynn reportedly lied to FBI about sanctions talk with Russian envoy

Sessions second: Sessions actually filled out a form before the confirmation meeting and checked a box that stated he had no contact with any Russians, which is why he is refusing to go back and testify under oath.

We know that not only did they have meetings with the Russian ambassador, but they were also on the phone with Russian intelligence officials and those phone calls were numerous, (especially via Trumps son-in-law) during the same time that the Russians were hacking into DNC databases.

More Trump advisers disclose meeting with Russia's ambassador - CNNPolitics.com
Trump aides were in constant touch with senior Russian officials during campaign - CNNPolitics.com

Trump-Putin.jpg

We know that Trump continually denied the Russian hacking, including the intelligence of the CIA, the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, 13 other intelligence agencies including the entire Republican held Senate. Even at one point stating: I know people who know more than they do, and I'll get back to you next week. He didn't.

When people are continually LYING it's usually because they're trying to hide something.

And I'll leave you to ponder two quotes:

Trump: "Russia if that's you, if you could find Hillary Clinton's 30K emails, you would be greatly rewarded by the media.

OBAMA: I want this Russian Investigation done BEFORE I leave office--LOL. Clearly he did not turn this over to FBI director James Comey, because he is also under investigation for his interference into this election. And he certainly would not have turned it over to Republicans who would have squashed it.

Trump and company have been wholly OUTFOXED by Barack Obama, and I imagine he will release the Kracken in 2018 when Democrats take over, if not sooner.

Again Obama ordered this Russian investigation to be done BEFORE he left office. This 2nd ongoing investigation is just for the show. Obama would not have turned this over to FBI director, James Comey who is also under investigation for his interference into this election, and he certainly would not have turned it over to Republicans so they could squash it.

Every time one of them is lying about anything regarding Russia, another leak comes out to prove they're lying. Very methodical, planned, timed leaks.

All the while Trump is running around checking White House staff's phone numbers and demanding to find out who is doing all the leaking, banning White House media outlets from attending daily briefings, etc. etc. etc. It's hysterical.

It's Obama who has wholly outfoxed Trump and company--and is just sitting back waiting patiently, with his poker face, and then boom it's going to happen.

This is why I have stated repeatedly that Republicans need to get off of their thumbs. The Ways & Means committee needs to obtain Trump's income tax returns, which they refused to do last week. And if Trump needs to be impeached it's much better if Republicans do it, versus burning down the entire party with this when Democrats take over in 2018. But I doubt they're smart enough to figure than one out.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/...nvestigate-mr-trumps-ties-to-russia.html?_r=1

CroweJ20161216_low.jpg

Steve_McGarrett, post: 16720407
Since we know the request was turned-down once by the FISA court (a rare occurrance indicating the reason for getting the wiretap approval were really weak) - did Obama turn to his own AG to go ahead and do it anyway? I say yes.

Since you claim to know the FISA Court turned down a request by (x) then you should be able to know from your so/called sources who (x) was that got a FISA request approved. It should not be a question at this point, since Trump claimed yesterday that Obama tapped his phone. So why have you put it in question form.

We don't know truly if the FISA requests actually reached the judges. No reliable source has yet to say that the FISA Court was involved.

It appears odd to me that the fact of FISA Court involvement cannot be verified since this rumor started last October in the British press citing unnamed sources.

And it is a bit odd that Trump claimed to just find out about Obama actually wiretapping Trump Tower phones.

""Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!""

Trump didn't even read the Breitbart report about what Mark Levin claimed on his evening hate talk radio show.

This Trump Tower server story was all over the place last October.

Trump didn't know his server was receiving pings from two Russian banks. It was reported before the election the FBI found nothing foul going on with that.

Trump is an idiot.

bripat9643, post: 16725854
"Through the courts" is meaningless when the law and the government are corrupt.

Did the law and government cease to be corrupt on January 20th?

How does Trump protect our security? Why spend billions more on defense if anyone can hack our election because the courts and government are all corrupt.

Sounds like a great argument for Putin to make against us.

boedicca, post: 16725543
The germane question involves data that the Obabble Admin acquired under FISA - and What did Obabble know and When did he know it.

You don't even know that FISA authorized a wire tap at Trump Tower. You are getting way ahead of the story.

We expect unsupported accusations on the campaign trail but not from the president. Doesn't Trump understand he's president and both friend an foe expect true from him, not wild tales, exaggerations, and out right lies. What he is doing is creating an atmosphere of confusion and mistrust. His staff seems to spend an inordinate amount of their time trying to justify, deflect, or explains his comments.
So, you're saying the POTUS doesn't have access to this type of information...do tell....
Assuming the president is not bat shit crazy, in making a serious criminal accusations against the previous president, he should have sufficient evidence to request an FBI investigation. However, Trump is expecting congress to investigate? Trump is just trying to draw attention away from the congressional investigation of Russian meddling in the election. Unless he releases something to confirm his statement, it will be seen as just another deflection by the Deflector in Chief.

I suspect, the right wing media will build scenarios for Obama wiretapping Trump and Trump will use the bully pulpit to fan the flames.

The "Russian meddling" thing is a con and a faux scandal. They idea that Trump had anything to do with it is preposterous. There is zero evidence that he did. All this is doing is preventing Trump from advancing his agenda. No one is fooled.

bripat9643, post: 16725854

Did the law and government cease to be corrupt on January 20th?

How does Trump protect our security? Why spend billions more on defense if anyone can hack our election because the courts and government are all corrupt.

Sounds like a great argument for Putin to make against us.

That's an idiotic diversion.

By definition FISA deals with National Security issues. We will never get to see what, or even if the Admin was trying to get at something vital. Again, they didn't NEED a Warrant, all they needed to get was an authorization to surveil, getting that they can then surveil for a full year without a Warrant.

boedicca, post: 16725543

You don't even know that FISA authorized a wire tap at Trump Tower. You are getting way ahead of the story.

I suggest you go back to the OP and actually read it. In June, the FISA court refused the request to wire tap Trump Tower. It wasn't until October when they rewrote it to obscure what they were doing that it was approved. Try to keep up.

By definition FISA deals with National Security issues. We will never get to see what, or even if the Admin was trying to get at something vital. Again, they didn't NEED a Warrant, all they needed to get was an authorization to surveil, getting that they can then surveil for a full year without a Warrant.

The F is FISA stands for foreign. It was not intended to facilitate spying on political adversaries.

The F is FISA stands for foreign. It was not intended to facilitate spying on political adversaries.

Yes, but if it happened they would have used Russia to get it.

Yes, but if it happened they would have used Russia to get it.

Oh, yes, that was certainly the smoke screen used to spy on Trump. It's not a coinkydink that they started publicly shrieking about the Russians after the first FISA request was denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back