Will Smith assaults Chris Rock at Oscars

Will Smiths. The academy is investigating this.

If Gina Carano can be fired for speaking the truth about Nazi Germany, surely they're not going to let an act of actual violence go without punishment. They have a woke reputation to uphold.
He will probably get paid MORE for the next movie he makes.

Sorry, but bringing it up in this context IS comparing them. Unless you're suggesting that the only acceptable jokes in the world are about people being incredibly happy and having everything in the world go their way - which would be monumentally unfunny - I fail to see where you would draw the line of "this is off-limits".
Nothing is off limits. Everything can be acknowledged in any way from everyone. That right there is the point that I am trying to make and if the illegal line is crossed by anyone, get ready for the handcuffs then.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If physical violence is the only way that makes the needed difference, so be it. What if Chris Rock had gotten physical with Jada instead of just verbal? Self-defense and any other back up that may be needed should never be anything to be ashamed of.

God bless you and Jada and her family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder what would've happened if Will had done something different instead like flip his finger or moon Chris for example. The only point that I am trying to make is that if a person doesn't like what is said or done, they have a right to legally express their feelings of offense if they are offended enough. Since Will did cross the illegal line, if an arrest is made, it will only be on his plate and no one else's.

No, physical violence is NOT acceptable in this instance, nor have you ever articulated coherently that there is a "needed difference".

Also, you are terrible at drawing analogies. Chris Rock getting physical with Jada is not remotely the same thing as a mild, not-even-remotely-insulting remark that her head is shaved. Can you really not comprehend degrees of severity in human behavior?

Road rage is wrong too, but self-defense is not. Of course, though everyone is going to have their own definition of what self-defense is and what isn't.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Shockingly - to you, perhaps - our society doesn't actually allow everyone to just define "self-defense" as whatever they feel like.

Nothing is off limits. Everything can be acknowledged in any way from everyone. That right there is the point that I am trying to make and if the illegal line is crossed by anyone, get ready for the handcuffs then.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Ah, so you ARE suggesting that everyone self-censor and all comedy be outlawed for fear that someone might be humorless and thin-skinned and have a stick up their butt.

For the record, the only legal line that was crossed was crossed by Will Smith, and you're cheering it on.

A woman's hair is very important to them.
If a woman goes bald it's pretty close to a guy getting his balls cut off.
She chose to go bald. She could have worn a wig or a hat. If Jada is the equivalent of a castrated man then she's the equivalent of a naked castrated man showing off his smooth spot.

Sorry, not buying it. Note how Will Smith was laughing until Jada was not. That's when the violence started. IMO, their marriage is poisonous and Jada Pinkett Smith is the poison. Will needs to save himself by divorcing her.

6ajru0.jpg

If physical violence is the only way that makes the needed difference, so be it. What if Chris Rock had gotten physical with Jada instead of just verbal? Self-defense and any other back up that may be needed should never be anything to be ashamed of.

God bless you and Jada and her family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder what would've happened if Will had done something different instead like flip his finger or moon Chris for example. The only point that I am trying to make is that if a person doesn't like what is said or done, they have a right to legally express their feelings of offense if they are offended enough. Since Will did cross the illegal line, if an arrest is made, it will only be on his plate and no one else's.
I would have even defended Will if he walked up to Chris and grabbed him by the lapels and yelled KEEP MY WIFES NAME OUT YOUR MOUTH

But the slap? Completely unacceptable. Grabbing Chris and shaking him while yelling at him, or even very quietly telling him if he ever talks about his wife again like that he will beat the shit out of him in front of everyone. That I would have approved. The slap? No.

But I guess one bitch slap is better than if he tackled Chris and started MMA punching him. Especially with how lax security was. It would have taken them 2 minutes to rescue Chris.

These award shows need better security. Will shouldn't be allowed on stage if he's not invited and neither should Kanye

1648645351013.png

Yep. Smith bitch slapped (or punched) Chris Rock for cracking a joke about Jada’s bald head. It was a fucking joke. The slap or punch appears to have been real. The sound went off due to the ensuing “language.” Rock seemed genuinely stunned, but the guy can take a hit.

Will Smith is kind of :cuckoo:

For years Black people wondered why we never invited them to the Oscars or Grammys. Now they know. First it starts off like this

1648645702474.png

Eventually
1648645746886.png

Sorry, but bringing it up in this context IS comparing them. Unless you're suggesting that the only acceptable jokes in the world are about people being incredibly happy and having everything in the world go their way - which would be monumentally unfunny - I fail to see where you would draw the line of "this is off-limits".
She has made it clear that she supports criminal violence. That she does not apply the same standards to her own words as she does others is very telling.

You can be sure that she wouldn't say "sometimes violence is necessary" if she were the victim of the physical attack, instead.

She is too lost in her hero worship to notice her hypocrisy.

Just like Will blamed or credited God in his acceptance speech. Clearly God doesn't make people better human beings. How can a Christian defend what Will did? What happened to turn the other cheek?

It does not appear that she got as far as Matthew 6:5 in her bible studies.

No, physical violence is NOT acceptable in this instance, nor have you ever articulated coherently that there is a "needed difference".

Also, you are terrible at drawing analogies. Chris Rock getting physical with Jada is not remotely the same thing as a mild, not-even-remotely-insulting remark that her head is shaved. Can you really not comprehend degrees of severity in human behavior?
Not only is her head shaved, but every follicle appears to be producing hair.

Here, these various people are defending the violence, but never considering even once that there is absolutely no evidence that she actually has this malady nor that Rock may have been completely unaware of her claims BECAUSE there is no evidence of it, nor any photos of her exhibiting it.

Folks like you have a way of turning your racism into your enemy's racism.
You hate white people....so wearing a Make America Great Again hat is like waving a red flag in front of a racist Bull.
You hate White people....and our media gave you someone to hate all the while congratulating you for your racist hatred.
It's pure projection.
Did you read that garbage b4 u posted it? I don't have to fabricate racist in this country, you guys come a dime a dozen. All one has to do is read alot of the posts on this forum.

Did you read that garbage b4 u posted it? I don't have to fabricate racist in this country, you guys come a dime a dozen. All one has to do is read alot of the posts on this forum.
There are some folks on here like that.....but you seem to feel that all White People are the same.

All I did was place a mirror in front of you and said "Just Look At Yourself"

You seem to think that nobody notices that you're a worse racist than the people you hate. I don't have to read other people's posts to figure that out.

FYI, wearing a MAGA hat isn't racist. You're just foolish enough to buy the BS that the Marxists in the media feed you.

Forum List

Back