Will Speaker Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment from Senate until guaranteed a fair trial?

Hmmm, I guess two can play that game. If the house can hold the articles for as long as they want, i guess there are no rules that state when the Senate has to have the trial.

If pelosi wants to play hard ball, McConnell could just say "fine, hold the articles as long as you want, we will have the trial in 2025.

Sadly, not true.

The minute the Senate receives impeachment articles they have to DROP EVERYTHING and start a trial.
No, the don't. Just as the House gets to make its own rules for impeachment, the Senate gets to make its own rules for the trial. The Senate could easily delay the trial until after the election, but what would be the point? Best to have a quick vote and put this nonsense behind us.

Fail!

Google yourself some truth,

Hmmm, I guess two can play that game. If the house can hold the articles for as long as they want, i guess there are no rules that state when the Senate has to have the trial.

If pelosi wants to play hard ball, McConnell could just say "fine, hold the articles as long as you want, we will have the trial in 2025.

Sadly, not true.

The minute the Senate receives impeachment articles they have to DROP EVERYTHING and start a trial.
No, the don't. Just as the House gets to make its own rules for impeachment, the Senate gets to make its own rules for the trial. The Senate could easily delay the trial until after the election, but what would be the point? Best to have a quick vote and put this nonsense behind us.

Fail!

Google yourself some truth,
In other words you have no information that contradicts me.

Why should Pelosi send articles of impeachment to a Senate that has already said it is not impartial and is coordinating with the White House on how to proceed?
What was the point of impeachment if not to send it to trial in the Senate? We both know this was just a Democratic political stunt to distract voters from the corrupt actions of Biden and Obama in Ukraine on the eve of the 2016 election season.

Shit happens
Why have a President submit a Supreme Court nomination if the Senate won’t consider it?

Why send articles of impeachment to a Senate that has declared it is in collusion with the accused and not impartial?

Whatifisms don't apply in a serious discussion.
It applies to where impeachment goes from here

Why send articles of impeachment to a Senate that is in collusion with the accused and admitted not to be impartial

Let Trump run as an Impeached President

Pelosi now owns McConnell

Rather than say this is a serious issue and that he will provide a fair and impartial trial, he has proclaimed he is not impartial and is coordinating the proceedings with the White House

Gives her a reason to withhold sending Articles of Impeachmment to an admitted sham trial

What Pelosi "owns" is an impeachment! She called for it. She got the votes for it. Now she's stuck with having it go to the Senate where there won't be lying scum like Adam Schiff and Jerry Nadler running the show! The House investigation was the "sham"! The Senate trial will be a coup de grace!

rightwinger doesn't care about average Americans. His loyalty is to the Democratic Party.

Pot
Kettle
Black

So funny. SAD really.

The (R) party is the Party over Country. POC.
Supporting dictators, Putin and Kim. Yup, those are trumps buddies.

(R) were once against tariffs, but NOW? POC.
All Americans were once cautious of Russia, now trump believes Russia over his OWN intelligence people.

trump is playing you. Traitor.

More hysterical rants from fascists with TDS. Trump has been GREAT for poor and middle-class Americans, shit-for-brains. My loyalty is to average Americans. Your loyalty is to your fascist masters in the DNC. Now, go FUCK yourself.

"Pelosi said impeachment had to be “compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan.” It’s not bipartisan. It’s not compelling. It’s not overwhelming. Abuse of power lies at the feet of House Democrats" - Dastardly Doug Collins

Republicans sat on a Supreme Court seat until they got a favorable election.

Why not do the same with impeachment?
LOL you think the demoncrats are gonna win the senate....that's some hilarious mental gymnastics there.
It's certainly possible since there are twice as many Republican seats up for grabs than there are Democrat seats.

Rep Rowdy Ratcliffe voted "hell no" on impeachment!

EMHTzg5X0AEjCYJ

Pelosi now owns McConnell

Rather than say this is a serious issue and that he will provide a fair and impartial trial, he has proclaimed he is not impartial and is coordinating the proceedings with the White House

Gives her a reason to withhold sending Articles of Impeachmment to an admitted sham trial

The house and senate will both be Republican in 13 months. Send it or not. It makes no difference.

Gives new meaning to TRUMP's phrase of the "do nothing democrats"...

The democrats impeachment is based on the claim of TRUMP abusing power and obstructing congress...

So Pelosi thinks it's going to help win support by continuing to abusing her power and obstructing the senate.

Funny. She is not obstructing the Senate.

Funny - she most certainly is obstructing the Senate by WITHHOLDING articles of impeachment!

Where in the Constitution does it say how long the House has to present articles?

I would wait until Trump has presented all documentation and allows his people to testify

May take a while
Absolutely, and the senate can sit on the trial start date until, January 2026

Pelosi is screwed. If she delays the impeachment it looks

Funny - she most certainly is obstructing the Senate by WITHHOLDING articles of impeachment!

Where in the Constitution does it say how long the House has to present articles?

I would wait until Trump has presented all documentation and allows his people to testify

May take a while

So you acknowledge the articles of impeachment present a weak case...
Not at all

It presents a case headed to a trial that has already declared itself in collusion with the White House and not impartial

Why rush into such a trial?

One could equally ask why did democrats rush through impeachment.

Impeachment is now on the books

Now it becomes a case of whether the House wants to send Articles of Imoeachment to a Senate that has proclaimed to be in collusion with the White House?

"Pelosi said impeachment had to be “compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan.” It’s not bipartisan. It’s not compelling. It’s not overwhelming. Abuse of power lies at the feet of House Democrats" - Dastardly Doug Collins
Looks compelling to me

Compelling enough to impeach a President

It applies to where impeachment goes from here

Why send articles of impeachment to a Senate that is in collusion with the accused and admitted not to be impartial

Let Trump run as an Impeached President
If you're stupid enough to believe the Democrats are impartial you're an average Democrat.

Trump is forever IMPEACHED - even if there is never a Senate trial.

The Democrats just rushed to Impeach the fastest in US history with the weakest case for Impeachment in US history...

They were one and all political. To get rid of a prez they didn't like, the other party resented being out of power. Nixon's situation wasn't as weak, but he had the sense to vamoose before impeachment.

I'd put the cases from weak to strong at 1. Andrew Johnson 2. Trump 3. Clinton.

"Is this a joke? Democrats impeach the President without alleging a single crime, with a bipartisan coalition voting AGAINST, and now don’t have the guts to actually try their case? Did they put the country through this chaos just for their own amusement?" - Handsome Josh Hawley

The democrats impeachment is based on the claim of TRUMP abusing power and obstructing congress...

So Pelosi thinks it's going to help win support by continuing to abusing her power and obstructing the senate.

May take a while

Yeah, you run with that, you're losing the public by the day. Making yourselves liars about the urgency will lose many, many more.

I love it!
McConnell will just rush a vote and blow it away

Why not just wait until the election?
If Trump wins and Dems take the Senate....THEN you vote on impeachment

What is the hurry?

Maybe you should ask the House Dems that, for rushing through the Impeachment process. Now they want to delay everything? WTF? It looks very queer.

Even if your scenario plays out, there's no way the Dems are going to have 67 votes to remove Trump from office. They would get to set the rules for the trial and do whatever they want to, but they can't make the Repub Senators vote guilty. And you have to wonder what the independent voters are going to think about all these shenanigans. It might hurt the Dems chances for taking the Senator and keeping their House majority.
Trump is an impeached President
Why rush the process when McConnell has already said he is not impartial?

Let’s hold up the process until Trump has turned over all documents and witnesses?

Seems fair
Ladies and Gentlemen I give you exhibit A of why everyone sezs the dems are exactly what they falsely accuse others of being.

She's not obstructing the Senate anymore than McConnell is obstructing the House by not holding votes on the 400 House bills on McConnell's desk - 175 of which are bipartisan bills.

I already asked you for a link to these so-called 400 bills.

Further .... stop mixing up your talking points.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Merry Christmas!

Why should Pelosi send articles of impeachment to a Senate that has already said it is not impartial and is coordinating with the White House on how to proceed?

The commies did the same for Clinton, it mostly deals with scheduling.

If I am Pelosi, I now sit back and wait for court decisions on Trump releasing records and Testimony. I also wait for McConnel to retract his statement that he is not impartial and will not collude with the White House

Then send your Articles of Impeachment

Forum List

Back