Will this GOP Business Strategy "fail"?

R

rdean

So I'm watching Morning Joe, they are filming right across the street from where I live, and Joe and Meeka go on endlessly about how smart and clever Rick Perry is for going to Blue States like California and New York and trying to poach skilled workers and businesses.

And they ran this ad:

This has the potential for failure on several levels.

First, do conservative Republicans with that "accent" want liberals to show up in their state, get preferential treatment and become their bosses, if other liberals haven't already taken their jobs?

Do conservative Republicans want another reason why their leaders don't want to waste money educating them? After all, they can poach the educated from Blue States.

Do conservative Republicans want their tax money to help liberals start up businesses and help move liberals into their state?

That's from the conservative point of view. From the other side:

How many liberals want to move their children into a state where the societal contamination could turn their kids into (gasp) "yokels"?

How many liberals want their kids hamstrung by learning that "accent"?

How many liberals want their kids to become drop outs and learn those right wing "values" of anti education and guns?

So it makes you wonder what kind of liberals would move to Texas? And, does the conservative base really want them there?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope Rick Perry runs again. His record makes a swell target.

So I'm watching Morning Joe, they are filming right across the street from where I live, and Joe and Meeka go on endlessly about how smart and clever Rick Perry is for going to Blue States like California and New York and trying to poach skilled workers and businesses.

And they ran this ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMgR0kb93hc

First, do conservative Republicans with that "accent" want liberals to show up in their state, get preferential treatment and become their bosses, if other liberals haven't already taken their jobs?

Do conservative Republicans want another reason why their leaders don't want to waste money educating them? After all, they can poach the educated from Blue States.

Do conservative Republicans want their tax money to help liberals start up businesses and help move liberals into their state?

How many liberals want to move their children into a state where the societal contamination could turn their kids into (gasp) "yokels"?

How many liberals want their kids to become drop outs and learn those right wing "values" of anti education and guns?

So it makes you wonder what kind of liberals would move to Texas? And, does the conservative base really want them there?

The only question that needs to be answered is the last one.

No, the conservative base do not want them or their values there, but they want their money there. Money is really the only thing that matters to most of them.

And they ran this ad:

The only question that needs to be answered is the last one.

No, the conservative base do not want them or their values there, but they want their money there. Money is really the only thing that matters to most of them.

^ that

they want the Progressives to come & invest their $$$ in Tejas but keep their mouths shut. Its like Russia II ;)

If you are a lazy ass, goverment tit sucking liberal, stay out of Texas, If you want your business to thrive or you are a hard working person looking for a state that can provide jobs and opportunity, Texas says welcome pardner, come on in.

A Democrat has been in control OVER US the last six years if I remember right...but it's still THE GOPS fault for their failures...you can't beat that lame excuse they use over and over I guess

When these California Liberals move to Texas will they become conservatives or will they turn Texas blue?

And they ran this ad:

How about blacks that have a black 'accent'? Latinos that speak with an 'accent'? Are they offensive to you as well? That makes you a small minded bigot and you wouldn't last week in Texas.

Last edited:
When these California Liberals move to Texas will they become conservatives or will they turn Texas blue?
Jackson Williams: Turning Texas Blue (or at Least Purple): Bet On It
"If Texas turns bright blue, the Electoral College math is simple. We won't be talking about Ohio, we won't be talking about Florida or Virginia, because.... you can't get to two-seventy electoral votes. The Republican Party would cease to exist. We would become like the Whig Party."
:eusa_drool:

"If Texas turns bright blue, the Electoral College math is simple. We won't be talking about Ohio, we won't be talking about Florida or Virginia, because.... you can't get to two-seventy electoral votes. The Republican Party would cease to exist. We would become like the Whig Party."

The Electoral College is stacked against Republicans as it is. If Texas moves to a swing state they will never win another Presidency for a generation

And they ran this ad:

How about blacks that have a black 'accent'? Latinos that speak with an 'accent'? Are they offensive to you as well? That makes you a small minded bigot and you wouldn't last week in Texas.

I never said they were offensive. I think they are hilarious. They provide American endless amounts of mirth and humor. Look at the Beverly Hillbillies. Popular even today.

And they ran this ad:

I never said they were offensive. I think they are hilarious. They provide American endless amounts of mirth and humor. Look at the Beverly Hillbillies. Popular even today.

Hee Haw was sure some knee slapping fun

The Electoral College is stacked against Republicans as it is. If Texas moves to a swing state they will never win another Presidency for a generation

It will be rough for them anyway. For many young Americans, Obama is the only president they will have known. Some Americans only become politically aware when they become teens, others much later. For a 10 year old when Obama was elected, 8 years of Obama will seem very normal by 18.

At the same time, Republicans now have a stereotype of old, mean men who don't like the disabled, the less fortunate, children, disabled veterans, the elderly or the poor. They only like big business. Not mom and pop stores, but multi billion dollar business. What teen today wants to be a part of a party that doesn't believe in science or education? And that right wing music is enough to turn many off.

Hee Haw was sure some knee slapping fun

It goes back even farther:

Last edited by a moderator:

It will be rough for them anyway. For many young Americans, Obama is the only president they will have known. Some Americans only become politically aware when they become teens, others much later. For a 10 year old when Obama was elected, 8 years of Obama will seem very normal by 18.

At the same time, Republicans now have a stereotype of old, mean men who don't like the disabled, the less fortunate, children, disabled veterans, the elderly or the poor. They only like big business. Not mom and pop stores, but multi billion dollar business. What teen today wants to be a part of a party that doesn't believe in science or education? And that right wing music is enough to turn many off.

It is more than that. Republicans have been unable and unwilling to shed their nutjob fringe. Young Americans and minorities hear what is being said on Fox and rightwing radio and they ask.......Do I want to be in the same party as those people?

Perry has beat them on this one..

I think it's a great strategy...since states run by the left is so hostile towards business and want them to pay people some outrageous hourly pay and limit what their profits should be..

go Perry

Ya, I can see it now.
"Howdy! I'm a LIB from NY. You'll find out anyway. I am one of the hardest working LIB 'Bundlers' in the State.
I want to open a business in Texas so I can 'Bundle' for LIBs here.
Where do I sign up for the free tax incentives?".
"We'll call you pal. Don't call us".

Perry has beat them on this one..

I think it's a great strategy...since states run by the left is so hostile towards business and want them to pay people some outrageous hourly pay and limit what their profits should be..

go Perry

And the last thing America needs is a well paid workforce.

Forum List

Back