Will this GOP Business Strategy "fail"?

So I'm watching Morning Joe, they are filming right across the street from where I live, and Joe and Meeka go on endlessly about how smart and clever Rick Perry is for going to Blue States like California and New York and trying to poach skilled workers and businesses.

And they ran this ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMgR0kb93hc

This has the potential for failure on several levels.

First, do conservative Republicans with that "accent" want liberals to show up in their state, get preferential treatment and become their bosses, if other liberals haven't already taken their jobs?

Do conservative Republicans want another reason why their leaders don't want to waste money educating them? After all, they can poach the educated from Blue States.

Do conservative Republicans want their tax money to help liberals start up businesses and help move liberals into their state?

That's from the conservative point of view. From the other side:

How many liberals want to move their children into a state where the societal contamination could turn their kids into (gasp) "yokels"?

How many liberals want their kids hamstrung by learning that "accent"?

How many liberals want their kids to become drop outs and learn those right wing "values" of anti education and guns?

So it makes you wonder what kind of liberals would move to Texas? And, does the conservative base really want them there?

How about blacks that have a black 'accent'? Latinos that speak with an 'accent'? Are they offensive to you as well? That makes you a small minded bigot and you wouldn't last week in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also the reverse. Liberals who are in business have been so badly treated in liberal states that they move to a state that offers them freedom and become rabid conservatives.

People will migrate to better paying jobs and a better quality of life

200 years of emigration to the USA proves that.

If TEXAS can offer people a better quality of life GOOD FOR TEXAS.

There is also the reverse. Liberals who are in business have been so badly treated in liberal states that they move to a state that offers them freedom and become rabid conservatives.

:eusa_shhh:
that can't happen in the little rdeans small world
Libs stick together like heard of sheep and march in lockstep with everything in life..no matter if it cost them their life savings, blood sweat and tears and puts them and their families in the poor house

So I'm watching Morning Joe, they are filming right across the street from where I live, and Joe and Meeka go on endlessly about how smart and clever Rick Perry is for going to Blue States like California and New York and trying to poach skilled workers and businesses.

And they ran this ad:

First, do conservative Republicans with that "accent" want liberals to show up in their state, get preferential treatment and become their bosses, if other liberals haven't already taken their jobs?

Do conservative Republicans want another reason why their leaders don't want to waste money educating them? After all, they can poach the educated from Blue States.

Do conservative Republicans want their tax money to help liberals start up businesses and help move liberals into their state?

How many liberals want to move their children into a state where the societal contamination could turn their kids into (gasp) "yokels"?

How many liberals want their kids to become drop outs and learn those right wing "values" of anti education and guns?

So it makes you wonder what kind of liberals would move to Texas? And, does the conservative base really want them there?

How about blacks that have a black 'accent'? Latinos that speak with an 'accent'? Are they offensive to you as well? That makes you a small minded bigot and you wouldn't last week in Texas.

I never said they were offensive. I think they are hilarious. They provide American endless amounts of mirth and humor. Look at the Beverly Hillbillies. Popular even today.

Saying that people with a Texas accent are "hamstrung," "yokels" and "dropouts" sounds like you are offended.

I never said they were offensive. I think they are hilarious. They provide American endless amounts of mirth and humor. Look at the Beverly Hillbillies. Popular even today.

Saying that people with a Texas accent are "hamstrung," "yokels" and "dropouts" sounds like you are offended.

If GOP leaders want to support liberals from Blue States and not their own people, then it's not me with the "problem". Trying to bring in immigrants with degrees whether from other countries or other states when they could be developing that talent from their own base means they understand diversity works and they don't have confidence in their own people.

Sounds like he's fucking ignorant.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1Ktqa5LBf8]Cordell Hull Warns Americans to Re-Arm 1940/5/15 - YouTube[/ame]

And they ran this ad:

The only question that needs to be answered is the last one.

No, the conservative base do not want them or their values there, but they want their money there. Money is really the only thing that matters to most of them.

Bingo.

The blue states support the red states and Perry knows that.

And yes, it would be fun if he ran again. I recently read that he's trying to look intelligent :lol: with his goal being another presidential run.

And they ran this ad:

No, the conservative base do not want them or their values there, but they want their money there. Money is really the only thing that matters to most of them.

Bingo.

That myth has been debunked so many times only a brain dead zombie like you continues to repeat it.

Bingo.

That myth has been debunked so many times only a brain dead zombie like you continues to repeat it.

They're so out of anything else to fool the people with...that is the saddest of them all..

And they ran this ad:

they've already taken a ton of jobs from NY. People, libs included, who want to work will go where the jobs are.

Progressives have Detroit and Camden as their shining cities on the heap

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Perry has beat them on this one..

I think it's a great strategy...since states run by the left is so hostile towards business and want them to pay people some outrageous hourly pay and limit what their profits should be..

go Perry

Lol...a living wage so folks don't gave to rely on foodstamps and charity to survive and feed their families..outrageous?
I don't think so Steph...and that condescending and penurious attitude
Is as likely to attract support as Perry's pseudo intellectual new "glasses" look...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I think it's a great strategy...since states run by the left is so hostile towards business and want them to pay people some outrageous hourly pay and limit what their profits should be..

go Perry

Lol...a living wage so folks don't gave to rely on foodstamps and charity to survive and feed their families..outrageous?
Is as likely to attract support as Perry's pseudo intellectual new "glasses" look...

Every progressive utopia pays a Living wage -- to the ruling class. The useful idiots never learn

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Perry needs to do something to change the dynamic. Right now he has less that half the support that Christie is still getting.

He trails Huckabee, Paul, Bush, Christie, Ryan, Cruz, and Rubio.

No one is even bothering to poll a potential Perry - Clinton general election.

Last edited:

go Perry

Yes.. it is outrageous as it ignores the problem. Which btw ISN'T that they don't make enough money... it's usually that they lack the skillset to effectively compete.

But as always in liberal lalaland... just throw money at them.

:lol:

The Electoral College is stacked against Republicans as it is. If Texas moves to a swing state they will never win another Presidency for a generation

It will be rough for them anyway. For many young Americans, Obama is the only president they will have known. Some Americans only become politically aware when they become teens, others much later. For a 10 year old when Obama was elected, 8 years of Obama will seem very normal by 18.

At the same time, Republicans now have a stereotype of old, mean men who don't like the disabled, the less fortunate, children, disabled veterans, the elderly or the poor. They only like big business. Not mom and pop stores, but multi billion dollar business. What teen today wants to be a part of a party that doesn't believe in science or education? And that right wing music is enough to turn many off.

What teen wants to live with his/her parents until he/she is 50?

Last edited:
top 10 fastest growing cities, 3 are in texas, including 1 and 2. once again liberals ignore the facts and debate the rhetoric

The 10 Fastest-Growing Cities In The Country, According To CNN Money (PHOTOS)

That's great - but that's population growth, right? Not economic growth?

How much of that is from border crossing?

I'm sure Texans are very proud of their state - good for them.
I'm equally sure that many people are glad they do not live there.

To each his or her own I guess.

Forum List

Back