Will this GOP Business Strategy "fail"?

top 10 fastest growing cities, 3 are in texas, including 1 and 2. once again liberals ignore the facts and debate the rhetoric

The 10 Fastest-Growing Cities In The Country, According To CNN Money (PHOTOS)

That's great - but that's population growth, right? Not economic growth?

How much of that is from border crossing?

I'm sure Texans are very proud of their state - good for them.
I'm equally sure that many people are glad they do not live there.

To each his or her own I guess.
Wow. The ignorance is strong in this one.

top 10 fastest growing cities, 3 are in texas, including 1 and 2. once again liberals ignore the facts and debate the rhetoric

So what is it that I posted that you disagree with? (Or are you still just butt-hurt about me documenting your incorrect posts in that other thread?)

So I'm watching Morning Joe, they are filming right across the street from where I live, and Joe and Meeka go on endlessly about how smart and clever Rick Perry is for going to Blue States like California and New York and trying to poach skilled workers and businesses.

And they ran this ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMgR0kb93hc

This has the potential for failure on several levels.

First, do conservative Republicans with that "accent" want liberals to show up in their state, get preferential treatment and become their bosses, if other liberals haven't already taken their jobs?

Do conservative Republicans want another reason why their leaders don't want to waste money educating them? After all, they can poach the educated from Blue States.

Do conservative Republicans want their tax money to help liberals start up businesses and help move liberals into their state?

That's from the conservative point of view. From the other side:

How many liberals want to move their children into a state where the societal contamination could turn their kids into (gasp) "yokels"?

How many liberals want their kids hamstrung by learning that "accent"?

How many liberals want their kids to become drop outs and learn those right wing "values" of anti education and guns?

So it makes you wonder what kind of liberals would move to Texas? And, does the conservative base really want them there?
This is such top-to-bottom stupidity and bigotry that I just will not bother to dissect it.

But it does make me wonder how our resident dunce spins this effort by the state of New York to draw business:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB5tJwS-3zw]Start Up NY Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

So what is it that I posted that you disagree with? (Or are you still just butt-hurt about me documenting your incorrect posts in that other thread?)

Let's start w\ith you documented nothing in the other thread. You spread lies, rumor and things maybe you heard once somewhere.
Second, if populations are growing then economies are growing too. It is one of those inevitabilities. Unless your education was obtained by watching cartoons.

The only question that needs to be answered is the last one.

No, the conservative base do not want them or their values there, but they want their money there. Money is really the only thing that matters to most of them.

Bingo.

The blue states support the red states and Perry knows that.

That myth has been debunked so many times only a brain dead zombie like you continues to repeat it.

Not true. I recently posted a link to Politifact when someone asked if Blue States are donor states and Red State welfare States and their answer was "true".
Now, if you have proof that's not true, then post it or post a link. Just saying something isn't enough. You need facts and data.

Is there a shortage of smert Texans? Nothing new says this Okie...lol

texas-toilet-paper-cefjhjkocefjhjko.jpg

Last edited:

One of them is because of universities and colleges. That means liberals.

The other is gas and oil. That means low paying jobs with no skills needed except for engineers. Which are probably liberals. Not of lot of high tech or precision machining.

I guess there's a point there, but the evidence probably points to an outcome I suspect you don't want to face.

I really hope Rick Perry runs again. His record makes a swell target.

dean, Perry has the 37% committed social cons in Texas in his pocket. He has created the best network since Huey Long in LA in keeping political jobs for his supporters, handing out contracts to those who will donate big donors.

An example: he has generally "taken care of" the state Us and public school systems while hammering the 54 community colleges in the state where the personnel from presidents, deans of instruction, admin, and faculty hate him. HE WILL punish those who won't help him.

Democrats are sacrificing to every God and idol they have so that he will keep his promise and not run again.

Perry is the one major obstacle to Texas eventually going blue.

I really hope Rick Perry runs again. His record makes a swell target.

dean, Perry has the 37% committed social cons in Texas in his pocket. He has created the best network since Huey Long in LA in keeping political jobs for his supporters, handing out contracts to those who will donate big donors.

An example: he has generally "taken care of" the state Us and public school systems while hammering the 54 community colleges in the state where the personnel from presidents, deans of instruction, admin, and faculty hate him. HE WILL punish those who won't help him.

Democrats are sacrificing to every God and idol they have so that he will keep his promise and not run again.

Perry is the one major obstacle to Texas eventually going blue.

Bringing in immigrants with degrees and poaching workers from California and New York won't help him in the long run. While his business base may see it as a plus, his anti education right wing base won't. This is the state that put into words a fight against developing critical thinking skills into the GOP party platform.

http://www.tfn.org/site/DocServer/20...pdf?docID=3201

The GOP also opposes the teaching of “critical thinking skills” because they “focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.”

Let's start w\ith you documented nothing in the other thread. You spread lies, rumor and things maybe you heard once somewhere.
Second, if populations are growing then economies are growing too. It is one of those inevitabilities. Unless your education was obtained by watching cartoons.

Once again - you are making assumptions that are untrue.

Across the nation, fewer than one in five metros (19 percent) experienced both population growth and productivity growth over the past decade.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/jo...n-growth-does-not-equal-economic-growth/5860/

Wrong again - Some things never change.

The Electoral College is stacked against Republicans as it is. If Texas moves to a swing state they will never win another Presidency for a generation

It will be rough for them anyway. For many young Americans, Obama is the only president they will have known. Some Americans only become politically aware when they become teens, others much later. For a 10 year old when Obama was elected, 8 years of Obama will seem very normal by 18.

At the same time, Republicans now have a stereotype of old, mean men who don't like the disabled, the less fortunate, children, disabled veterans, the elderly or the poor. They only like big business. Not mom and pop stores, but multi billion dollar business. What teen today wants to be a part of a party that doesn't believe in science or education? And that right wing music is enough to turn many off.

It is more than that. Republicans have been unable and unwilling to shed their nutjob fringe. Young Americans and minorities hear what is being said on Fox and rightwing radio and they ask.......Do I want to be in the same party as those people?

Middle age and old people have a real problem with that too.
I'll never re-join the Republican Party or any other party for that matter - but if the GOP could cast off the radical right, I'd probably vote Republican most of the time.

Once again - you are making assumptions that are untrue.

Across the nation, fewer than one in five metros (19 percent) experienced both population growth and productivity growth over the past decade.

The Great Growth Disconnect: Population Growth Does Not Equal Economic Growth - Richard Florida - The Atlantic Cities

Wrong again - Some things never change.

Productivity. Economy. It all sounds about the same, right?

I swear I'm joining Edgtho for a stiff drink when I'm done here.

Bingo.

That myth has been debunked so many times only a brain dead zombie like you continues to repeat it.

Not true. I recently posted a link to Politifact when someone asked if Blue States are donor states and Red State welfare States and their answer was "true".
Now, if you have proof that's not true, then post it or post a link. Just saying something isn't enough. You need facts and data.

Like a lot of things it's "true" but misleading. Actually like many of your posts it's true but misleading. The other posts of yours are simply misleading.
The Small Hold - Will Not Go Down Without a Fight: The Myth of Red State Welfare

The Electoral College is stacked against Republicans as it is. If Texas moves to a swing state they will never win another Presidency for a generation

It will be rough for them anyway. For many young Americans, Obama is the only president they will have known. Some Americans only become politically aware when they become teens, others much later. For a 10 year old when Obama was elected, 8 years of Obama will seem very normal by 18.

At the same time, Republicans now have a stereotype of old, mean men who don't like the disabled, the less fortunate, children, disabled veterans, the elderly or the poor. They only like big business. Not mom and pop stores, but multi billion dollar business. What teen today wants to be a part of a party that doesn't believe in science or education? And that right wing music is enough to turn many off.

What teen wants to live with his/her parents until he/she is 50?

Templar Karmac

Bingo.

It is debunked because by definition, it is not welfare if it is a conservative on the receiving end

It is debunked because by definition, it is not welfare if it is a conservative on the receiving end

Actually it is debunked because it confuses welfare with payments for rent and other services contracted. I realize that's too subtle for your limited Stage One brain but there you have it.

It is more than that. Republicans have been unable and unwilling to shed their nutjob fringe. Young Americans and minorities hear what is being said on Fox and rightwing radio and they ask.......Do I want to be in the same party as those people?

Middle age and old people have a real problem with that too.
I'll never re-join the Republican Party or any other party for that matter - but if the GOP could cast off the radical right, I'd probably vote Republican most of the time.

Young people look at Republican views on gay marriage, on global warming, on birth control and wonder what century they are in

One of them is because of universities and colleges. That means liberals.

The other is gas and oil. That means low paying jobs with no skills needed except for engineers. Which are probably liberals. Not of lot of high tech or precision machining.

I guess there's a point there, but the evidence probably points to an outcome I suspect you don't want to face.

Not true. I know several rig hands who are making 100k plus. The average hourly rate is 44 dollars for support on most rigs. Even mudloggers are paid a daily rate of 250 per day.

Forum List

Back