Will we torture again?

YAWN

we don't torture anybody. we hand them over to our "friends" and before it's all over that poor slob wishes he was never born, wishes he was only waterboarded..

it's called RENDITION and Obama has absolutely retained the right to practice it. too bad many sanctimonious idiots don't make themselves aware of the facts before starting threads

Maybe you could show us where Obama has absolutely retained the right to practice rendition? Obama's "Executive Order 13491 -- Ensuring Lawful Interrogations"... "do not result in the transfer of individuals to other nations to face torture or otherwise for the purpose, or with the effect, of undermining or circumventing the commitments or obligations of the United States to ensure the humane treatment of individuals in its custody or control."

maybe you should look up idiot. I already did

You post rumors & unsubstantiated claims. Where did Obama tell the CIA or other country to torture someone? Dick Cheney approved of torture. Iraqis resisting US invaders were thrown into Abu-Ghraib prison & tortured. None of those Iraqis were terrorist. We were the terrorist in that case causing Iraqis to rally against the USA causing US lost control of Iraq.

YAWN

we don't torture anybody. we hand them over to our "friends" and before it's all over that poor slob wishes he was never born, wishes he was only waterboarded..

it's called RENDITION and Obama has absolutely retained the right to practice it. too bad many sanctimonious idiots don't make themselves aware of the facts before starting threads

Maybe you could show us where Obama has absolutely retained the right to practice rendition? Obama's "Executive Order 13491 -- Ensuring Lawful Interrogations"... "do not result in the transfer of individuals to other nations to face torture or otherwise for the purpose, or with the effect, of undermining or circumventing the commitments or obligations of the United States to ensure the humane treatment of individuals in its custody or control."

maybe you should look up idiot. I already did

You post rumors & unsubstantiated claims. Where did Obama tell the CIA or other country to torture someone? Dick Cheney approved of torture. Iraqis resisting US invaders were thrown into Abu-Ghraib prison & tortured. None of those Iraqis were terrorist. We were the terrorist in that case causing Iraqis to rally against the USA causing US lost control of Iraq.

um no leftard;I posted a lengthy article from a left-leaning, heck left-wing website that quoted high officials in the Obama administration and Congress. it says Obama doesn't want to review the RECENT report that says rendition continued and continues under Obama; rendering his EXECUTIVE ORDER 13491 POINTLESS

but as is so typical with you all that means nothing to you because you're a know-it-all lib wallowing in denial, unable to man up and admit anything

you will continue to post because your brainwashing and arrogance wont allow you any dignity. just like your laughable premise that Obama is responsible for more domestic energy production and that is something he sought or endorsed

"Can we now say with confidence that our government will not use torture again and that Americans in the future will rise up to prevent it from doing so? In light of the reaction to the Senate Intelligence Committee’s report, I fear that we can’t." Dionne Will we torture again The Salt Lake Tribune

Too many of our citizens do not understand that acting like AQ or the Gestapo or ISIS ISIL whatever makes us no different than AQ or the Gestapo or ISIS ISIL.
That's like saying "going to war with Hitler made us no different than Hitler". Your liberalism is showing again, Jake.

"Can we now say with confidence that our government will not use torture again and that Americans in the future will rise up to prevent it from doing so? In light of the reaction to the Senate Intelligence Committee’s report, I fear that we can’t." Dionne Will we torture again The Salt Lake Tribune

Too many of our citizens do not understand that acting like AQ or the Gestapo or ISIS ISIL whatever makes us no different than AQ or the Gestapo or ISIS ISIL.
That's like saying "going to war with Hitler made us no different than Hitler". Your liberalism is showing again, Jake.

morons like him are blissfully ignorant of how stupid they look making idiotic moral equivalency arguments like that one

11796378_521684251316682_7238213486875580010_n.jpg

That's like saying "going to war with Hitler made us no different than Hitler"." is a fallacy of false derivative analogy. To show the fallacy is true American value.

Torturing Terrorist is fine with me. But we rounded up innocent people & tortured them to death. Then we invaded Iraq. Iraqis resisting US invaders were thrown into Abu-Ghraib prison tortured & killed. None of those Iraqis were terrorist. We were the terrorist in that case.

Weak Analogy

WEAK ANALOGY

(also known as: bad analogy, false analogy, faulty analogy, questionable analogy, argument from spurious similarity, false metaphor)

Description: When an analogy is used to prove or disprove an argument, but the analogy is too dissimilar to be effective, that is, it is unlike the argument more than it is like the argument.

Logical Form:

X is like Y.

Y has property P.

Therefore, X has property P.

(but X really is not too much like Y)

Torturing Terrorist is fine with me. But we rounded up innocent people & tortured them to death. Then we invaded Iraq. Iraqis resisting US invaders were thrown into Abu-Ghraib prison tortured & killed. None of those Iraqis were terrorist. We were the terrorist in that case.

Tortured them to death? Really? LOL

A CIA prisoner froze to death after subjected to 48 hours of sleep deprivation, auditory overload, total darkness, isolation, a cold shower and rough treatment. Striped naked & shackled to the wall of his cell in a position that required the detainee to rest on the bare concrete floor. An internal CIA review and autopsy assessed he likely died from hypothermia – “in part from having been forced to sit on the bare concrete floor without pants”.

Detainees were forced to stand on broken limbs for hours, kept in complete darkness, deprived of sleep for up to 180 hours, sometimes standing, sometimes with their arms shackled above their heads.

Prisoners were subjected to “rectal feeding” without medical necessity. Rectal exams were conducted with “excessive force”. The report highlights one prisoner later diagnosed with anal fissures, chronic hemorrhoids and “symptomatic rectal prolapse”.

The report mentions mock executions, Russian roulette. US agents threatened to slit the throat of a detainee’s mother, sexually abuse another and threatened prisoners’ children.

A CIA prisoner froze to death after subjected to 48 hours of sleep deprivation, auditory overload, total darkness, isolation, a cold shower and rough treatment. Striped naked & shackled to the wall of his cell in a position that required the detainee to rest on the bare concrete floor. An internal CIA review and autopsy assessed he likely died from hypothermia – “in part from having been forced to sit on the bare concrete floor without pants”.

Sitting on a concrete floor without pants is torture? I'd like to see more of this story, got a link?

Sitting on a concrete floor without pants is torture? I'd like to see more of this story, got a link?
Senate Intelligence Committee report on CIA torture

Senate Intelligence Committee report on CIA torture

I'm still finding it hard to believe someone died from sitting on a concrete floor w/o pants. Maybe he did but it sounds far fetched.

War is hell and don't think for one moment the Islamos wouldn't or haven't' done the same or worse to people.

The fact that we even discuss whether or not torture is a good idea shows how far our society has deteriorated. The qualities and attributes that once made America "exceptional" are no longer relevant.

Torture is wrong in my opinion. What I find disingenuous about is the arguments. First of all most, including myself, on this board would not stand up to torture very long in my opinion. That does not make torture viable only understandable. Much like when Allen fired a gun next to a captured enemy, is that torture? The left wing sure smeared Allen as if it were. (army also)

My point is that it seems very strange to me that the left will do all it can to protect the most vile in our society, yet the most innocent they are willing to send to the ovens or sell their body parts. On the other hand there are those on the right that are are all for torture, of other people, and yet say they are against abortion. On the left it seems that guilt/innocents doesn't matter they have made a stand that actually makes no sense other then to tear the fabric of society, even if they don't sincerly realize it. At least the arguments on the right are somewhat consistent. Punish those who do evil and protect the most innocent. Torture our enemies to protect our friends.

I really do not believe that ANYONE tortures someone for no good reason. If the techniques didn't work why would they do them? That does not mean I condone the practice but reality should be admitted so the subject can be truthfully discussed.
Ever wonder how many completely innocent people have been tortured?

Forum List

Back