Wisconsin GOP: Forcing Women To Undergo Transvaginal Ultrasounds Is Our ‘Priority"

well if that helps you sleep at night..

It does, because if a fetus was a person, thousands of women would be facing a judge for a charge of manslaughter or murder.

well then you have some stupid laws in your country..no wonder you care so little about a new human life it's all about you who are already born..selfish people

I never figured you for an anti-choicer Stephie :( You've latched onto this thread just like daveman does as well :tinfoil:

CaféAuLait;7404170 said:
My point? You don't live in my country. Therefore your definition of what is and isn't a person is irrelevant. Your laws have no hold here.

Coming from a country that says that a fetus is a person some of the time, but not all of the time (fetus homicide laws) you can't really talk.

Australia has fetal homicide laws too.

And one of the most liberal states has those confusing laws on the books, California.

It also looks like some places in Australia, like Queensland already have such laws and others like Perth are trying to change the law to reflect fetal homicide laws.

But Mr Porter said the new fetal homicide laws would create a new criminal code offence of causing death or grievous bodily harm to an unborn child.

Based on a law already in force in Queensland, it would carry a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

Offenders who kill or intend to kill an unborn baby by assaulting a mother will face mandatory life imprisonment - the same as a murder charge in all but exceptional circumstances.

There would be no limit on when an unborn baby was considered to be a human life.

Fetal homicide laws to be introduced in Western Australia | Perth Now

I can find nothing to suggest this law even passed - it wouldn't have passed, anyway. The majority would have been opposed to it.

well if that helps you sleep at night..

It does, because if a fetus was a person, thousands of women would be facing a judge for a charge of manslaughter or murder.

well then you have some stupid laws in your country..no wonder you care so little about a new human life it's all about you who are already born..selfish people

No, we have smart people who understand that passing fetal homicide laws would mean that anti abortionists could push to change the law and restrict abortions.
Even our most conservative politicians are fine with keeping the 24 week limit the way it is, and no conservative politician has introduced a bill to ban abortions after a certain period - they wouldn't bother, because it wouldn't even pass the Lower House.

It's against the law to commit murder. In my state, if you kill a pregnant woman, and her child dies too; that's two counts of murder. It's a wonder why people like you never grasp the value of life.

Abortion is only murder where it's against the law.

To a guy like you who thinks guilty until proven innocent is part of American jurisprudence, I'm sure that fact inspires a good dose of bewilderment.

Hey, to me, murder is the premeditated termination of life. That's how it's determined when we convict an individual for shooting someone to death. I don't need law or jurisprudence to tell me that.

To you, perhaps, but not according to the law – thankfully.

And because you disregard the rule of law, you’re in no position to dictate to others how to conduct their private lives.

No, we have smart people who understand that passing fetal homicide laws would mean that anti abortionists could push to change the law and restrict abortions.
Even our most conservative politicians are fine with keeping the 24 week limit the way it is, and no conservative politician has introduced a bill to ban abortions after a certain period - they wouldn't bother, because it wouldn't even pass the Lower House.

well no one is suggesting banning abortion here either..that is a scare tactic of the abortion cultist..

CaféAuLait;7404170 said:
Coming from a country that says that a fetus is a person some of the time, but not all of the time (fetus homicide laws) you can't really talk.

And one of the most liberal states has those confusing laws on the books, California.

It also looks like some places in Australia, like Queensland already have such laws and others like Perth are trying to change the law to reflect fetal homicide laws.

But Mr Porter said the new fetal homicide laws would create a new criminal code offence of causing death or grievous bodily harm to an unborn child.

Based on a law already in force in Queensland, it would carry a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

Offenders who kill or intend to kill an unborn baby by assaulting a mother will face mandatory life imprisonment - the same as a murder charge in all but exceptional circumstances.

There would be no limit on when an unborn baby was considered to be a human life.

I can find nothing to suggest this law even passed - it wouldn't have passed, anyway. The majority would have been opposed to it.

The article states the law is based on laws currently imposed in Queensland.

these anti-choicers, like kgrill for instance say "have the baby, have the baby, have the baby, have the baby, ..." then, once the baby is born to a poor, neglected, or raped woman they say "what do you want from me?"

well no one is suggesting banning abortion here either..that is a scare tactic of the abortion cultist..

Oh, so you are not suggesting that abortion be banned?

these anti-choicers, like kgrill for instance say "have the baby, have the baby, have the baby, have the baby, ..." then, once the baby is born to a poor, neglected, or raped woman they say "what do you want from me?"

Yep. No welfare, because she should have kept her legs closed. Or got married. Sex outside of wedlock is a sin, you know.

CaféAuLait;7404254 said:
CaféAuLait;7404170 said:

Yet I find nothing at all to suggest that this law actually passed. Which probably means it didn't.

Yep. No welfare, because she should have kept her legs closed. Or got married. Sex outside of wedlock is a sin, you know.

You retards always revert to this.

If this was a high school debate team, you'd have been 86'd after the first time. But because it's the internet, your stupidity is allowed to go on...and on..and on....and you never progress in your logic or abilities.

If this was a high school debate team, you'd have been 86'd after the first time. But because it's the internet, your stupidity is allowed to go on...and on..and on....and you never progress in your logic or abilities.

I'm sorry, I thought you were describing yourself.

Yeah, gotta love the liberal mindset. People are gonna make mistakes so how can we best coddle them after they screw up.

Would be smarter to demand responsibility and accountability from the get-go.

Oh, so you are not suggesting that abortion be banned?

never have suggested that..what do I care if people want to kill their children..I just can't stand the hysterical rantings of abortion lovers and so I show how cold and heartless they are never taking into account the suffering women will have after abortion..what do they care, all so they can crow they are pro-choice

Yeah, gotta love the liberal mindset. People are gonna make mistakes so how can we best coddle them after they screw up.

Women are responsible and capable of making their own decisions.

Non sequiturs, red herrings, logical fallacies., they try to undercut you with trap arguments that have nothing to do with the pertinent topic, to avoid the fact they have no real counterpoint of their own.

CaféAuLait;7404254 said:

Yet I find nothing at all to suggest that this law actually passed. Which probably means it didn't.

We have already covered Perth only drafted the legislation, however that legislation, which was being drafted is based on CURRENT law in Queensland, Australia.

Lawyers critical of foetal homicide laws - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Women are responsible and capable of making their own decisions.

Right! So they should be responsible and accountible for the decisions they make!

CaféAuLait;7404340 said:
CaféAuLait;7404254 said:

We have already covered Perth only drafted the legislation, however that legislation, which was being drafted is based on CURRENT law in Queensland, Australia.

Lawyers critical of foetal homicide laws - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

There is no point to this crap because those laws HAVE NOT, AND WILL NOT PASS.
Just because a bill was introduced means nothing.

Forum List

Back