Wisconsin Supreme Court Election

The AP didn't report properly, and we should be outraged that they excluded an entire city from their tally?

Yes, we should - at AP and at the candidate to prematurely declared victory on a ridiculously small margin.

So let me get this straight...

A former Prosser aide working at the voting booth office SUDDENLY finds enough votes, ON HER PRIVATE PC, to NOT trigger a recount and have Prosser as the winner and we're supposed to accept that?

Uhm.....Yeeaah!

:rolleyes:

She of course "forgot to save" the changes in Microsoft Access.

MS ACCESS....with automatic autosave!

The AP didn't report properly, and we should be outraged that they excluded an entire city from their tally?

Yes, we should - at AP and at the candidate to prematurely declared victory on a ridiculously small margin.

that would presume you believe she excluded a whole city.
It can happen; someone not entirely competent can make a wholesale mistake. I have put hundreds of files in a folder and then accidentally deleted it. I saw her on TV a while ago and she was very apologetic about her mistake. You'll see her later on the news, but probably not unless you watch FNC.

If she didn't realize she had made the mistake, it would be hard to correct it until some one called the information they were getting into question.

Last edited:

the democratic canvasser appears to believe her, so why shouldn't i?

A former Prosser aide working at the voting booth office SUDDENLY finds enough votes, ON HER PRIVATE PC, to NOT trigger a recount and have Prosser as the winner and we're supposed to accept that?

Uhm.....Yeeaah!

The votes weren't found on her private computer, Marc.

The AP grabbed information and reported it even though there was no official certification, which started the meme that Prosser has lost.

The latest vote count in the state Supreme Court race in Winnebago County indicates incumbent David Prosser is leading Assistant Attorney General JoAnne Kloppenburg in votes.

A tally compiled by The Associated Press Wednesday and used by news organizations statewide, including the Journal Sentinel, indicated Kloppenburg was leading the race by 204 votes. Figures on Winnebago County's website are now different from those collected by the AP.

Winnebago County's numbers say Prosser received 20,701 votes to Kloppenburg's 18,887. The AP has 19,991 for Prosser to Kloppenburg's 18,421.

The new numbers would give Prosser 244 more votes, or a 40-vote lead statewide.

An editor at the AP said the news service became aware of the discrepancy in the past hour. The AP last checked figures with Winnebago County at 10:14 a.m. Wednesday, according to the AP. The county adjusted its figures at 2:27 p.m.

The latest numbers for Winnebago County are not official.

The news service is working to reach the Winnebago County clerk, but the clerk is participating in the canvass of the vote and has not returned a message.

Winnebago County vote-count change alters Supreme Court race - JSOnline

Even the latest numbers are not official. In a close election, it's better to wait for the final certification before declaring victory.

the democratic canvasser appears to believe her, so why shouldn't i?
belief = painful loss. Denial is easier.

Uhm.....Yeeaah!

You're really hung up on that, huh?

So did the Democratic Party chairwoman who verified the numbers lie or not?

Uhm.....Yeeaah!

Did she lie? I don't know. Was she wrong? Maybe.

Uhm.....Yeeaah!

i'd have to guess there's really no way to check it at this point, so there's not a lot of choice.

The AP grabbed information and reported it even though there was no official certification, which started the meme that Prosser has lost.

have you ever been involved in a vote tally? what happens is the people sent down by the politicos count the vote as each machine is opened. there are democratic and republican poll watchers. they fill out tally sheets with the number of votes for each candidate on the tally sheet. it's almost impossible to not call in an entire city because each machine is tallied separately, imo.

thedoctorisin, if he is around, may have another take on it. but that's my experience. i can't imagine it's done so differently in wisconsin.

i'd have to guess there's really no way to check it at this point, so there's not a lot of choice.

The vote totals from the machine tapes don't lie...

Were mistakes made? Yep...

Were those mistakes caught and rectified? Yep...

Were they verified by canvassers of both parties? Yep...

Another factor is the vote totals for this missing city broke 70-30 for the R - exactly how they broke in the last election...

have you ever been involved in a vote tally? what happens is the people sent down by the politicos count the vote as each machine is opened. there are democratic and republican poll watchers. they fill out tally sheets with the number of votes for each candidate on the tally sheet. it's almost impossible to not call in an entire city because each machine is tallied separately, imo.

thedoctorisin, if he is around, may have another take on it. but that's my experience. i can't imagine it's done so differently in wisconsin.

There are different machines and different methods of tallying votes... From what I've read, the machines in WI spit out a printout with the numbers...

From what I understand, the votes were called in to the main county location but not reported to AP correctly...

Another factor is the vote totals for this missing city broke 70-30 for the R - exactly how they broke in the last election...

if you say so.

like i said, no way to prove otherwise.

it smells though. i can think of a few policians in ny who have been on the wrong side of this type of thing. so it doesn't really pay to argue it. i mean, you can. but to what end? it doesn't change anything. and people who don't like the result will think it smells funny. people who do will think it just "corrected" a mistake.

Last edited:
Remember before these votes were discovered and the righties here were floating the idea that the liberals were cheating in this election?

if you say so.

it smells though. i can think of a few policians in ny who have been on the wrong side of this type of thing. so it doesn't really pay to argue it. i mean, you can. but to what end? it doesn't change anything. and people who don't like the result will think it smells funny. people who do will think it just "corrected" a mistake.

Mistakes happen - sometimes they break the way you want - sometimes they break like you don't want...

Until we all vote by retina scan or something, it's going to be an imperfect system....

if you say so.

Did Al Franken and Mark Dayton win legitimately? There are many discrepancies... particularly since an independent research group found more than enough irregular votes, counted for Mark Dayton than the margin of victory.

We'll see what happens here. But 7000 votes has been traditionally impossible to make up or fake.

Forum List

Back