Wish Kasich would just switch parties and get it over with

You corrected me about the EC, but you are wrong. It doesn't put the states on an equal footing and I've shown evidence of this and you haven't shown anything to back your case up at all.

There you go again (as Reagan once famously said) so for the tenth time, and read slower, I NEVER SAID THAT IT PUT SMALLER STATES ON AN EQUAL LEVEL WITH LARGER STATES. If you can't understand it now, let me know, and I'll post it in larger print next time.

Oh wow.

But still Ray, can you tell me how much attention these 7 states got in the US presidential election? Can you tell me how much attention they get in the US senate or house elections? I bet you can't.

Each state gets two Senators regardless of size or population. Much like our Electoral College, the Senate was designed so that smaller states have some power. Congress people are elected as per population. Larger states have more power in Congress, but equal power in the Senate. It's sort of a checks and balances thing.

Now if we elected Senators like Congress, then smaller states would be virtually powerless. Larger populated states would control the entire country, and that would leave a lot of people out of the loop. Their states might not ever get any federal funding, they may not even get disaster relief. No politician would care about them because they would not have enough power TO care about them.

Trump did visit those smaller states that Hillary ignored. Those smaller states still had the electoral votes he needed to win the presidency. Hillary just assumed if she got the EC's of the larger populated states, that would be more than enough to push her into the White House.

Listen, Wyoming has three times the power of a vote than California or Texas. Yet it gets ignored in Presidential elections.

The Crazy, Lopsided Math of Campaign 2016's Ad Spending So Far

Wyoming had $167,000 spent on it by June 10th 2016
Vermont had $204,000
Alaska had $115,000
North Dakota and South Dakota, Deleware and Montana seem to have had nothing spent on them.

Hardly proving your point that the EC forces people to spend money on them.

Florida had $54 million spent on it. For a 20 million population, which is less than 4 times the population of your other 7 states, they spend 108 times the money. Doesn't add up, does it?
Iowa has a population of 3 million. $90 million spent in the primaries. Getting the EC votes of those 7 states before would be far more beneficial to your balanace than getting Iowa. Each of them has 3 votes, Iowa has 6 votes. That's 21 votes with a spending of $500,000 and 6 votes $90 million. Er... what?

The States Where Clinton and Trump Are Advertising the Most Until Election Day

From October 21st to election day advertising spending. Nothing was spent in your 7 states. Completely ignored.

You say Trump visited these states. How much? How much did he visit those states compared to other states.

You misread what I said. When I talk about spending, I'm not talking about election spending, I'm talking about federal aid.

In other words, lets say that Iowa has a tornado and it wipes out streets and homes. The President ignores their woes because we have a popular vote election. Their measly couple hundred thousand voters don't mean crap. Spend that money in California studying lesbian eating habits instead. They have nearly 40 million people, and it's better for a President to spend our money there than anyplace because that's where a lot of votes are.

Well it doesn't really matter, does it. The argument is still the same. In Germany every vote matters. You spend X amount of money on these 100,000 people it's the same as on those 100,000 people.

But then again you haven't backed up your argument. Can you show that other countries end up with a disproportional amount of money compared to the US which you seem to think doesn't have a disproportional amount spent on the larger states? Do you have an argument or are you making this shit up AGAIN and AGAIN?

The United States is not other countries. Our government is different, our citizens are different, our societies are different. What may work there may not work here. What works here may not work there.

For instance let's take their gun stance in these countries. If we ever outlawed guns here, the criminals would be having a picnic because only the police and criminals would have the guns. Much like drugs in this country, you would never be able to stop criminals from getting guns. There would be more armed robberies on the streets, in our businesses, in our homes because there would be no fear for or an armed robber breaking into an occupied house. If Europe loves their restrictions and it works for them, fine, but it would never work here.

Or we can look at Commie Care--the closest thing we have to their socialized medical care. The money went to likely Democrat voters. If you make french fries for a living or sweep floors, you got medical care because of the huge subsides, but french fry makers likely vote Democrat. If you are a middle-class earner or above, you got screwed, and in many cases such as mine, the plans are garbage and simply unaffordable, but we likely vote Republican.

So politicians here do cater to their voters because those are the people that put them and will keep them in power, and they will use federal money to keep them happy. After all, when DumBama got comfortable in office, our food stamp recipients doubled, and it was no accident either.

That's just how our politics works in this country.

But then none of this has anything to do with what we're talking about. But hey Ray, responding to what has actually been written isn't your strong suit is it? Seeing as you don't actually bother reading most of it.

You corrected me about the EC, but you are wrong. It doesn't put the states on an equal footing and I've shown evidence of this and you haven't shown anything to back your case up at all.

There you go again (as Reagan once famously said) so for the tenth time, and read slower, I NEVER SAID THAT IT PUT SMALLER STATES ON AN EQUAL LEVEL WITH LARGER STATES. If you can't understand it now, let me know, and I'll post it in larger print next time.

Ray, you don't fucking read most of what I write and you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. So to come at me and say this bullshit when I've made my points clear. So, I didn't quite get your muddled and jumbled thoughts exactly right, well it's probably because I'm tired of your bullshit.

You even admit you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about, just spend your time deflecting to hide the fact you don't know anything other than you want to keep things the same because it suits you.

Each state gets two Senators regardless of size or population. Much like our Electoral College, the Senate was designed so that smaller states have some power. Congress people are elected as per population. Larger states have more power in Congress, but equal power in the Senate. It's sort of a checks and balances thing.

Now if we elected Senators like Congress, then smaller states would be virtually powerless. Larger populated states would control the entire country, and that would leave a lot of people out of the loop. Their states might not ever get any federal funding, they may not even get disaster relief. No politician would care about them because they would not have enough power TO care about them.

Trump did visit those smaller states that Hillary ignored. Those smaller states still had the electoral votes he needed to win the presidency. Hillary just assumed if she got the EC's of the larger populated states, that would be more than enough to push her into the White House.

Listen, Wyoming has three times the power of a vote than California or Texas. Yet it gets ignored in Presidential elections.

Vermont had $204,000
Alaska had $115,000
North Dakota and South Dakota, Deleware and Montana seem to have had nothing spent on them.

Florida had $54 million spent on it. For a 20 million population, which is less than 4 times the population of your other 7 states, they spend 108 times the money. Doesn't add up, does it?
Iowa has a population of 3 million. $90 million spent in the primaries. Getting the EC votes of those 7 states before would be far more beneficial to your balanace than getting Iowa. Each of them has 3 votes, Iowa has 6 votes. That's 21 votes with a spending of $500,000 and 6 votes $90 million. Er... what?

From October 21st to election day advertising spending. Nothing was spent in your 7 states. Completely ignored.

You say Trump visited these states. How much? How much did he visit those states compared to other states.

You misread what I said. When I talk about spending, I'm not talking about election spending, I'm talking about federal aid.

In other words, lets say that Iowa has a tornado and it wipes out streets and homes. The President ignores their woes because we have a popular vote election. Their measly couple hundred thousand voters don't mean crap. Spend that money in California studying lesbian eating habits instead. They have nearly 40 million people, and it's better for a President to spend our money there than anyplace because that's where a lot of votes are.

Well it doesn't really matter, does it. The argument is still the same. In Germany every vote matters. You spend X amount of money on these 100,000 people it's the same as on those 100,000 people.

But then again you haven't backed up your argument. Can you show that other countries end up with a disproportional amount of money compared to the US which you seem to think doesn't have a disproportional amount spent on the larger states? Do you have an argument or are you making this shit up AGAIN and AGAIN?

The United States is not other countries. Our government is different, our citizens are different, our societies are different. What may work there may not work here. What works here may not work there.

For instance let's take their gun stance in these countries. If we ever outlawed guns here, the criminals would be having a picnic because only the police and criminals would have the guns. Much like drugs in this country, you would never be able to stop criminals from getting guns. There would be more armed robberies on the streets, in our businesses, in our homes because there would be no fear for or an armed robber breaking into an occupied house. If Europe loves their restrictions and it works for them, fine, but it would never work here.

Or we can look at Commie Care--the closest thing we have to their socialized medical care. The money went to likely Democrat voters. If you make french fries for a living or sweep floors, you got medical care because of the huge subsides, but french fry makers likely vote Democrat. If you are a middle-class earner or above, you got screwed, and in many cases such as mine, the plans are garbage and simply unaffordable, but we likely vote Republican.

So politicians here do cater to their voters because those are the people that put them and will keep them in power, and they will use federal money to keep them happy. After all, when DumBama got comfortable in office, our food stamp recipients doubled, and it was no accident either.

But then none of this has anything to do with what we're talking about. But hey Ray, responding to what has actually been written isn't your strong suit is it? Seeing as you don't actually bother reading most of it.

It has everything to do with your response that our politicians would never dream of using our tax money to pander to their voters; they would treat everybody equal like they do in Europe.

So, I didn't quite get your muddled and jumbled thoughts exactly right, well it's probably because I'm tired of your bullshit.

Then don't respond to my posts if you're tired of my bullshit. There was nothing muddled or jumbled in what I said. It was plain English that anybody could understand--even a foreigner.

I WAS a Kasich supporter. I supported him for his reelection as Governor, and I supported him for his presidential bid. But now I regret and am even ashamed that I did.

Besides his childish behavior during the primaries, he not only went back on his word to support whoever the Republican nominee might be, he also didn't attend the RNC held by his own party in his very own state. Afterwards had nothing kind to say about our new President. But now he's gone off the deep end.

Gov. John Kasich blasts President Donald Trump, invites immigrant 'Dreamers' to Ohio

Who does this clown think he is anyway? Does he now believe he's the king of Ohio where he can say "And, by the way, if the Dreamers want to go somewhere and live? Come to Ohio. We want all the immigrants to come to Ohio, because we know how much they contribute to America."

Who is this "we" that he's talking about here? There is no "we" that feels this way, there is you and speak for yourself! I would expect a statement like this out of California, Massachusetts or New York, but not out of my state of Ohio.

Kasich is finished as Governor because he can only serve two terms; not that he would get reelected again anyway, but I seriously doubt he will just go away. If he runs for any other public office, he should just switch to the Democrat party first and get it over with. After all, Republicans have no use for this guy anymore, and so it seems, Democrat voters really like him. Now I can understand why. He's petulant, feels he's entitled, thinks like a liberal, and has little in the way of integrity.

I'm a Democrat and I wouldn't vote for him, though I don't feel the same hatred that you do about him. I am very pleased to hear that this divide in the Republican party continues.

I'm sure you do. But not to worry, we will be cleaning up our party in the coming years by getting rid of guys like Kasich and McCain.
In other words, they're not Nazis.

I WAS a Kasich supporter. I supported him for his reelection as Governor, and I supported him for his presidential bid. But now I regret and am even ashamed that I did.

Besides his childish behavior during the primaries, he not only went back on his word to support whoever the Republican nominee might be, he also didn't attend the RNC held by his own party in his very own state. Afterwards had nothing kind to say about our new President. But now he's gone off the deep end.

Gov. John Kasich blasts President Donald Trump, invites immigrant 'Dreamers' to Ohio

Who does this clown think he is anyway? Does he now believe he's the king of Ohio where he can say "And, by the way, if the Dreamers want to go somewhere and live? Come to Ohio. We want all the immigrants to come to Ohio, because we know how much they contribute to America."

Who is this "we" that he's talking about here? There is no "we" that feels this way, there is you and speak for yourself! I would expect a statement like this out of California, Massachusetts or New York, but not out of my state of Ohio.

Kasich is finished as Governor because he can only serve two terms; not that he would get reelected again anyway, but I seriously doubt he will just go away. If he runs for any other public office, he should just switch to the Democrat party first and get it over with. After all, Republicans have no use for this guy anymore, and so it seems, Democrat voters really like him. Now I can understand why. He's petulant, feels he's entitled, thinks like a liberal, and has little in the way of integrity.

I'm a Democrat and I wouldn't vote for him, though I don't feel the same hatred that you do about him. I am very pleased to hear that this divide in the Republican party continues.

I'm sure you do. But not to worry, we will be cleaning up our party in the coming years by getting rid of guys like Kasich and McCain.
In other words, they're not Nazis.

Keep up with that Nazi deplorable nonsense. That's what won us the last election.

Vermont had $204,000
Alaska had $115,000

It has everything to do with your response that our politicians would never dream of using our tax money to pander to their voters; they would treat everybody equal like they do in Europe.

I'm done Ray. I tried to talk about this issue, and you just bullshit around.

Yes..there terrible divide...

The one that gave the democrats the WH, senate, house....and SCOTUS....

Oh...wait...

Yes..there terrible divide...

The one that gave the democrats the WH, senate, house....and SCOTUS....

Oh...wait...

I'm speaking about a divided party that has all that and can't really do much with it because of the infighting. The GOP losing elections because of it is something I'm hopeful of.

This is just more evidence that the Republicans do not know how to govern.

But when the Dealer in Chief hands the Dems a victory on the debt increase, you are okay with that? You are following Comrade in Chief to a bigly loss in 2018.

Because Kasich has logic & makes sense he should leave the party that loves stupid uninformed people like Trump.
Kasich is not a conservative in anyway, he's a progressive through and through. And his butt buddies - spineless McCain and cross-dressing Graham… Don't you understand?
Far right Republicans want to Throw out Republicans that put country of ahead of the party packed full of assholes, white supremacists, & bigots.

Because Kasich has logic & makes sense he should leave the party that loves stupid uninformed people like Trump.

Actually I think he should leave the party because of his liberal stance on things.

If the guy had logic, he would have hired professionals to tell him to quit talking about his past and talk about the future during the debates. If he had any logic, he would have gained respect from the voters by honoring his word about supporting whoever the Republican candidate was. If he had any integrity, he would have at least stopped by Cleveland to welcome "his party" to his state for the Republican National Convention. If he had any logic, he would not have spoken for all of us by saying Ohio welcomes illegals.

I don't think he's logical at all, I think he's a liberal.
FUCK THE PARTY. What the fuck is wrong with you people. You want everyone to support your orange leader even though he makes stupid decisions & acting in his own financial interests over the country's interests.

Fuck yoi Ray. Supporting your country instead of the asshole you elected President should be your concern.

Actually I think he should leave the party because of his liberal stance on things.

If the guy had logic, he would have hired professionals to tell him to quit talking about his past and talk about the future during the debates. If he had any logic, he would have gained respect from the voters by honoring his word about supporting whoever the Republican candidate was. If he had any integrity, he would have at least stopped by Cleveland to welcome "his party" to his state for the Republican National Convention. If he had any logic, he would not have spoken for all of us by saying Ohio welcomes illegals.

FUCK THE PARTY. What the fuck is wrong with you people. You want everyone to support your orange leader even though he makes stupid decisions & acting in his own financial interests over the country's interests.

Fuck yoi Ray. Supporting your country instead of the asshole you elected President should be your concern.

Being against liberalism is supporting our country. Liberalism is trying to change our country into another Socialist state, and there are plenty of them around the globe already.

I am also a Republican who refuses to support Trump. Trump is a thieving liar and a purely evil person. I am not going to support someone just because he recently taped an R at the end of his name so he could hoax the pseudocons for his personal gain. The man stood opposed to every conservative cause until he decided he had a better shot as a Republican.

Don't be one of those idiots who suffers from a serious false dichotomy. Don't assume if someone is opposed to Trump, they have to support Clinton and/or the Democrats.

Nope. Not even close.

Trump is the big supporter of the Clintons. Always has been. He's been their friend for a very long time, and even wished Hillary would be President one day.

It astounds me ANYONE could be fooled by this obviously blatant huckster, much less millions.

There are a lot more retards in this country than I realized.

A lot more.

And your rant is on behalf of Kasich?????

If you're going to look for a Republican that stood with Republicans on every issue, you will be looking a long time. That's besides the fact that most everybody realizes Trump is not conservative and never was. He got voted in because of the issues he was conservative about mostly on the border and of course a great Supreme Court judge among the many he has to pick.

And what personal gain does Trump get from being President? He's losing money every day and in fact, donated his first two quarterly paychecks as President.
When you are a billionaire, legacy and power far out way a few million in cashflow. I seriously doubt he is going to NET loses from the tremendous boost in popularity, name recognition, and political influence that the Trump brand is getting post president.

Kasich should run as a Dem. He has his alter-ego running as a Dem, well, almost....

Jerry Springer on Ohio governor run: 'I haven't decided' - CNNPolitics

I am also a Republican who refuses to support Trump. Trump is a thieving liar and a purely evil person. I am not going to support someone just because he recently taped an R at the end of his name so he could hoax the pseudocons for his personal gain. The man stood opposed to every conservative cause until he decided he had a better shot as a Republican.

Don't be one of those idiots who suffers from a serious false dichotomy. Don't assume if someone is opposed to Trump, they have to support Clinton and/or the Democrats.

Nope. Not even close.

Trump is the big supporter of the Clintons. Always has been. He's been their friend for a very long time, and even wished Hillary would be President one day.

It astounds me ANYONE could be fooled by this obviously blatant huckster, much less millions.

A lot more.

If you're going to look for a Republican that stood with Republicans on every issue, you will be looking a long time. That's besides the fact that most everybody realizes Trump is not conservative and never was. He got voted in because of the issues he was conservative about mostly on the border and of course a great Supreme Court judge among the many he has to pick.

And what personal gain does Trump get from being President? He's losing money every day and in fact, donated his first two quarterly paychecks as President.
When you are a billionaire, legacy and power far out way a few million in cashflow. I seriously doubt he is going to NET loses from the tremendous boost in popularity, name recognition, and political influence that the Trump brand is getting post president.

I wouldn't put any money on that if I were you. I don't think you'll see Trump make one speech unless it's at one of his clubs or something. I wouldn't look for many book deals either.

Trump had it all before joining the race to win the presidency. He had the money, he had the fame, he had the likability, he had everything a man could want. He ran because he really wanted to do the job--not to make money on speeches or whatever. Even if he decides one term is enough, he will have the SS following him and his family everywhere he goes. He will never again enjoy the freedom he once had.

Nope. Not even close.

A lot more.

I wouldn't put any money on that if I were you. I don't think you'll see Trump make one speech unless it's at one of his clubs or something. I wouldn't look for many book deals either.

Trump had it all before joining the race to win the presidency. He had the money, he had the fame, he had the likability, he had everything a man could want. He ran because he really wanted to do the job--not to make money on speeches or whatever. Even if he decides one term is enough, he will have the SS following him and his family everywhere he goes. He will never again enjoy the freedom he once had.
I'll bet you right now that he is the most actively outspoke post president we have ever seen once he is out of the white house. There will be Trump Media print/web/and TV stations. I bet he partners with Bannon on those ventures. The speech circuit will be flowing at a million a pop and the books will be flowing. I have little doubt. You will not only see his name and legacy solidified in history but you will see that net worth sky rocket.

Kasich is not a conservative in anyway, he's a progressive through and through. And his butt buddies - spineless McCain and cross-dressing Graham… Don't you understand?
Far right Republicans want to Throw out Republicans that put country of ahead of the party packed full of assholes, white supremacists, & bigots.
Sorry, I'm the wrong race to qualify for white supremacists… LOL
Kasich who happens to be a full-blown progressive, and his buddies spineless McCain and cross dressing graham put themselves ahead of the country every time being career politicians and all. Lol

Progressivism does not suit millions of Americans, it is not in the best interest of Americans

Forum List

Back