With Our Victory Of Roe Being Overturned, Next Target--Same Sex Marriage!

No. The only thing that is being displayed is the right wing's complete disregard for liberty and freedom of choice.
And using the courts to hammer it home.
Again, liberty and freedom for some...only the people we deem worthy. :)

Now go fuck yourself.

Liberals--you mean the people who wanted to force us to get those terrible vaccines or else we can lose our jobs, lose access to healthcare, etc?

Sure.

The Supreme Court cannot tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies. This is Prohibition all over again, and it won't stand, because the women will ignore anti-abortion laws, JUST LIKE THEY HAVE SINCE THE DAYS OF CAVEMEN.

The SC no longer has and legitimacy whatsoever.

You know nothing about the Constitution, racist Canadian loser. A Canadian lecturing Americans about the Constitution, that's priceless ...

When two people want to dissolve their marriage contract, where do they go?

They go before a judge. They have to agree to custody and support of minor children, division of property and a couple of other things I don't recall in the disolution.

The problem with same sex marriage is that in most States is was implemented by judicial fiat. Gay marriage is not in the Constitution just like abortion isn't.

Sorry, you need to fight this where it belongs, in STATE legislatures, not federal courts.

I'm pro-life and indifferent to gay marriage (if it's passed appropriately by legislatures), so hold your nonsense on my views. I don't automatically see what I want in the law and the Constitution like most people in this country unfortunately do

The abject ignorance on the Constitution is really something. I'm not a lawyer or even close, but wow. People don't even understand that anything not outlined in the Constitution is supposed to go to the states--the 10th Amendment. Just whoa

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
They go before a judge. They have to agree to custody and support of minor children, division of property and a couple of other things I don't recall in the disolution.

That covers it except alimony

The only conceivable thing more absurd than having changed the meaning of the word "marriage" in order to suit the perfidious tastes of a minority would be to go back and re-re-define it in order to suit the perfidious tastes of another minority.
This thread does, however, demonstrate how every topic is permeated with division oriented promotion of hate. Whom does this very consistent action profit?

The Supreme Court cannot tell women what they can and cannot do with their bodies. This is Prohibition all over again, and it won't stand, because the women will ignore anti-abortion laws, JUST LIKE THEY HAVE SINCE THE DAYS OF CAVEMEN.

I must be psychic. I knew you and the other filthy leftards would say this.

The govt is involved with marriage. Why do you condone them discriminating?
The Constitutional thing to do, would be to get the govt completely out of marriage. THAT is the way it should be.
It should have been left as a religious institution. Not a government institution.

Your last sentence is another option. But as long as the govt can't discriminate, they can't discriminate. I'm shocked polygamy hasn't been made legal yet, or incest, or any manner of other unions.

But conferring the same benefits through civil union would not be discriminating. It just doesn't change the definition of marriage.

No one cares what you think, Canadian

The only conceivable thing more absurd than having changed the meaning of the word "marriage" in order to suit the perfidious tastes of a minority would be to go back and re-re-define it in order to suit the perfidious tastes of another minority.
This thread does, however, demonstrate how every topic is permeated with division oriented promotion of hate. Whom does this very consistent action profit?

As I said, I'm shocked this has not happened yet.

You still don't understand that this just a start. It indicates a legal philosophy that's leads nowhere good. Before this the court was loath to ever take back a right after it has been granted. We can no longer assume anything is settled law or that any right, other than guns, is safe.
I've never been much of a reactionary or prone to panic and will not be this time either. This ruling was coming, and we knew it was coming, and that includes you. No. You cannot assume settled law will always be settled law when depending on the continually evolving Supreme Court and in practice, never could on rulings that were activist ruling, enacted because lazy legislators seeking to remain popular refused to act and do their jobs. I suspect if there are more radical moves made, legislative and executive action will be forced, that has been resisted in the past, up to and including expanding the court to get temporary balance and restraint. I will exercise my personal restraint from panicking prematurely.

All you're doing is registering the contract.

Recognizing the marriage? You mean a common law marriage?
What exactly is it you think gays are asking for when they ask for the GOVERNMENT to recognize their marriages, retard?

I can't tell if you are being obtuse or if you are actually this stupid.

Where does one go to get a marriage license?

What exactly is it you think gays are asking for when they ask for the GOVERNMENT to recognize their marriages, retard?

Marriage IS a government contract - it's entirely a legal concept, and not a religious concept. Marriage confers upon family units, certain rights and benefits, and settles who is your next of kin in the event you can't act for yourself or you die intestate.

Common-law marriage confers some, but not all of those rights, and the rights which are conferred vary from one jurisdiction to another.

As such, government refusal to allow gays to marry was causing multiple problems for gay families. When one partner died, their children were taken away by spiteful families, so the children lost both parents. Gay families didn't have access to family health care benefits, or joint tax filings.

Gay marriage has no impact on straight marriage whatsoever. The larger community isn't being harmed by gay marriage, but it has an enormous impact on gay families. Life changing.
The problem with same sex marriage is that in most States is was implemented by judicial fiat. Gay marriage is not in the Constitution just like abortion isn't.

Sorry, you need to fight this where it belongs, in STATE legislatures, not federal courts.

I'm pro-life and indifferent to gay marriage (if it's passed appropriately by legislatures), so hold your nonsense on my views. I don't automatically see what I want in the law and the Constitution like most people in this country unfortunately do

Basic rights, like abortion or gay marriage should NEVER be left to the individual states. Women and gays should have the same right to abortion in EVERY state in the union, and ditto marriage rights, and accommodation rights for gays as well. Voting rights especially. You shouldn't have to check simple human rights laws when you cross a state border.

Forum List

Back