Within a few short years, homosexuals have gone from persecuted to persecutors...

The baker never refused to sell a cake to the gays.

Yes he did. The couple attempted to order a wedding cake. Mr. Phillips refused the sale.

He had before.

Irrelevant to the discrimination that occurred. The Colorado Public Accommodation requires full and equal goods and services, the baker cannot refuse some services while providing them to others if the reason is based on one of the classes listed in the law.

>>>>

So then he must decorate a cake with nazi designs.

Nice world you created

Which class does the Nazi cake fit within exactly?

Here let me quote you the Colorado Public Accommodation law:

Protected classes for places of public accommodation are: Race, Color, Disability, Sex, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), National Origin/Ancestry, Creed, Marital Status and Retaliation

Are Nazi's a race?
A color?
A disability (arguably so- but not by any legal definition)
A gender?
A sexual orientation?
A National Origin?
A creed?
A marital status?

Look at your list, where is wedding listed?

Again, the baker serves(d) gays. He had no problem with that.

Weddings are not people.

Again the baker had a problem selling a cake to the gay couple- which is why they never got a wedding cake from him.

But tell me more about the Nazis

The Baker sold cakes several times to these gays. Go ask them about Nazis

Nice world you created

Protected classes for places of public accommodation are: Race, Color, Disability, Sex, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), National Origin/Ancestry, Creed, Marital Status and Retaliation

Are Nazi's a race?
A color?
A gender?
A sexual orientation?
A National Origin?
A creed?
A marital status?

Weddings are not people.

Again the baker had a problem selling a cake to the gay couple- which is why they never got a wedding cake from him.

The poor little christians. poor little babies! For thousands of years they murdered people and silenced people! Now they're whining about being told to be respectful towards other people that have just as much rights as they.

Grow up you morons.
You know very little. Christians have not been murdering people for THOUSANDS of years. They haven't even existed for 2 thousand years yet. You pagans burned babies by the millions on alters .

'you pagans'? LOL

Why do you think that he worships Ishtar or some other god besides your god?

Regardless of how long Christians have been murdering and torturing in the name of Jesus worldwide- we do know that you persecuted gays in America for 200 years in the name of Jesus.

Now that the Supreme Court has stopped your persecution- you feel like you are the victims.

Even though Christians are still virtually in charge of the entire country.
I don't see how you can say this. I'm sure Hillary Clinton would call herself a "Christian", and yet I imagine that her Progressive Ideology takes a front seat to her "Christian" ethics. Sorry, but not everyone who says "LORD! LORD!" is one of GOD's children. And many are a "Christian" of convenience. This simply means that such a person will agree with and play along with whomever is passing out the lute (money, votes, whatever).

As a Christian, I really don't wish to be in charge, I wish to be allowed to preach the GOSPEL freely, and be left alone. Unfortunately, there are those who take issue with my beliefs and either want to silence them or make living a godly life a living nightmare through lawsuits, slander, insults, insinuations, and downright lies. They also want to limit the scope of my mission field while expanding their own.

In reality I'd like to be able to knock on your door and invite you to my church and if you were not interested, I'd be sad but not wanting to sue you. On the other hand there are those who not only wish to be accommodated, they demand recognition as well!

Is your life a living nightmare, then?
No! I simply ignore what repulses me and live my life as though it's still 1963. But that may eventually get me into trouble with someone, someway, somewhere, somehow!

Last edited:

Nice world you created

Nazi's are not covered under Colorado's Public Accommodation laws, just like Bakeries in Michigan are not required to sell wedding cakes to same-sex couples if it is a good or service normally provided. See, Michigan does not include sexual orientation under it's State Public Accommodation law.

And not I didn't create PA laws. I support their repeal to allow private businesses to discriminate based on any criteria they choose and let the market handle it.

But see, I understand their is a difference between the way the law is and the way I think it should be.

>>>>

Are Nazi's a race?
A color?
A gender?
A sexual orientation?
A National Origin?
A creed?
A marital status?

Weddings are not people.

The poor little christians. poor little babies! For thousands of years they murdered people and silenced people! Now they're whining about being told to be respectful towards other people that have just as much rights as they.

Grow up you morons.
You know very little. Christians have not been murdering people for THOUSANDS of years. They haven't even existed for 2 thousand years yet. You pagans burned babies by the millions on alters .

'you pagans'? LOL

Regardless of how long Christians have been murdering and torturing in the name of Jesus worldwide- we do know that you persecuted gays in America for 200 years in the name of Jesus.

Now that the Supreme Court has stopped your persecution- you feel like you are the victims.

I don't see how you can say this. I'm sure Hillary Clinton would call herself a "Christian", and yet I imagine that her Progressive Ideology takes a front seat to her "Christian" ethics. Sorry, but not everyone who says "LORD! LORD!" is one of GOD's children. And many are a "Christian" of convenience. This simply means that such a person will agree with and play along with whomever is passing out the lute (money, votes, whatever).

As a Christian, I really don't wish to be in charge, I wish to be allowed to preach the GOSPEL freely, and be left alone. Unfortunately, there are those who take issue with my beliefs and either want to silence them or make living a godly life a living nightmare through lawsuits, slander, insults, insinuations, and downright lies. They also want to limit the scope of my mission field while expanding their own.

In reality I'd like to be able to knock on your door and invite you to my church and if you were not interested, I'd be sad but not wanting to sue you. On the other hand there are those who not only wish to be accommodated, they demand recognition as well!

Is your life a living nightmare, then?
No! I simply ignore what repulses me and live my life as though it's still 1963. But that may eventually get me into trouble with someone, someway, somewhere, somehow!

You live as though it's 1963? Clearly not, as you're posting on an internet message board, which wouldn't have existed then. ;)

Is your statement that living a godly life causes people to make your life a living nightmare more of a hypothetical?

The idea that Mr. Phillips sold some things but not others is irrelevant to the case before the court.

The Colorado law specifices "Full and Equal" access to goods and services. Not a subset of goods and services.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 24 - :: Government - State :: Principal Departments :: Article 34 - :: Department of Regulatory Agencies :: Part 6 - :: Discrimination in Places of Public Accommodation :: § 24-34-601. Discrimination in places of public accommodation - definition

(2) (a) It is a discriminatory practice and unlawful for a person, directly or indirectly, to refuse, withhold from, or deny to an individual or a group, because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry, the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation

>>>>

Yes he did. The couple attempted to order a wedding cake. Mr. Phillips refused the sale.

Irrelevant to the discrimination that occurred. The Colorado Public Accommodation requires full and equal goods and services, the baker cannot refuse some services while providing them to others if the reason is based on one of the classes listed in the law.

>>>>

Nice world you created

Are Nazi's a race?
A color?
A gender?
A sexual orientation?
A National Origin?
A creed?
A marital status?

Weddings are not people.

Grow up you morons.

'you pagans'? LOL

I don't see how you can say this. I'm sure Hillary Clinton would call herself a "Christian", and yet I imagine that her Progressive Ideology takes a front seat to her "Christian" ethics.

You imagine a great deal of things.

Maybe you should try relying on facts- rather than on you imagination?

The Republicans are in complete control of the government and are about 90% Christian. The Democrats too- are a majority Christian.

>>>>

Nice world you created

Are Nazi's a race?
A color?
A gender?
A sexual orientation?
A National Origin?
A creed?
A marital status?

Weddings are not people.

Grow up you morons.

'you pagans'? LOL

!

So how many times have you been sued because of your beliefs? How have you been 'silenced'?

Lets compare shall we- how Christians 'silenced' gays- to how Christians are being 'silenced' right now?

Christians passed laws censoring not only books that explicitly mentioned sex- they passed laws censoring even the mention of homosexuality.

Are gays passing laws telling Americans that they can't read books about Jesus? Any Bible bans I missed? How about laws censoring even the mention of Christianity?

Nope.

Tell us how your 'mission' has been 'limited'? Tell us of your struggle.

>>>>

Nice world you created

Are Nazi's a race?
A color?
A gender?
A sexual orientation?
A National Origin?
A creed?
A marital status?

Weddings are not people.

You were the one who wanted to talk about Nazis- why would I ask the baker about your obsession with Nazis?

Nice world you created

Are Nazi's a race?
A color?
A gender?
A sexual orientation?
A National Origin?
A creed?
A marital status?

Weddings are not people.

Grow up you morons.

'you pagans'? LOL

!

So how many times have you been sued because of your beliefs? How have you been 'silenced'?

Lets compare shall we- how Christians 'silenced' gays- to how Christians are being 'silenced' right now?

Christians passed laws censoring not only books that explicitly mentioned sex- they passed laws censoring even the mention of homosexuality.

Are gays passing laws telling Americans that they can't read books about Jesus? Any Bible bans I missed? How about laws censoring even the mention of Christianity?

Nope.

Tell us how your 'mission' has been 'limited'? Tell us of your struggle.
Tell us of you homosexual struggle. How has it been impossible for you to engage in homosexual activity? And though a teacher might be able to read "My two Dads" in public school for Social Studies --- the same teacher cannot read "What Jesus Christ did for Me" in the same school without losing his or her job!

Last edited:

The idea that Mr. Phillips sold some things but not others is irrelevant to the case before the court.

The Colorado law specifices "Full and Equal" access to goods and services. Not a subset of goods and services.

2016 Colorado Revised Statutes :: Title 24 - :: Government - State :: Principal Departments :: Article 34 - :: Department of Regulatory Agencies :: Part 6 - :: Discrimination in Places of Public Accommodation :: § 24-34-601. Discrimination in places of public accommodation - definition

(2) (a) It is a discriminatory practice and unlawful for a person, directly or indirectly, to refuse, withhold from, or deny to an individual or a group, because of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or ancestry, the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of a place of public accommodation

>>>>

He baked them cakes several times. That is what bakers do.

If this gay individual went to a photographer and demand he photograph him nude, would the photographer be discriminating because he had photographed women nude in his career?

It’s about art. Nothing more.

Nice world you created

Are Nazi's a race?
A color?
A gender?
A sexual orientation?
A National Origin?
A creed?
A marital status?

Weddings are not people.

You were the one who wanted to talk about Nazis- why would I ask the baker about your obsession with Nazis?

Your gay nazi friends can fill you in far better than I.

Nice world you created

Nazi's are not covered under Colorado's Public Accommodation laws, just like Bakeries in Michigan are not required to sell wedding cakes to same-sex couples if it is a good or service normally provided. See, Michigan does not include sexual orientation under it's State Public Accommodation law.

And not I didn't create PA laws. I support their repeal to allow private businesses to discriminate based on any criteria they choose and let the market handle it.

But see, I understand their is a difference between the way the law is and the way I think it should be.

>>>>

Art as a product? You got to love the extremes you folks go to.

Are Nazi's a race?
A color?
A gender?
A sexual orientation?
A National Origin?
A creed?
A marital status?

Weddings are not people.

You were the one talking about your Nazi buddies trying to buy their Nazi wedding cake- not me.

Weddings are not people.

You were the one talking about your Nazi buddies trying to buy their Nazi wedding cake- not me.

No, trying to sue an artist into the production of art is, by definition, nazi activity.

Hitler much?

He baked them cakes several times. That is what bakers do.

Now your getting it. The baker sold wedding cakes, he refused full and equal treatment.

If this gay individual went to a photographer and demand he photograph him nude, would the photographer be discriminating because he had photographed women nude in his career?

Yes.

If the photographer only shot women nudes but not male, he'd be in vilation of the sex provisions of the law.

It's about providing full and equal services (as specifically required by the law).

>>>>

Weddings are not people.

No, trying to sue an artist into the production of art is, by definition, nazi activity.

Hitler much?

Hmmm which dictionary do you use? The Big Book of Homophobic Nazi Definitions?

Yes.

If the photographer only shot women nudes but not male, he'd be in vilation [sic] of the sex provisions of the law.

So far, this thread has been about a more specific principle, of an artist being compelled to produce art celebrating something which he finds immoral. That we, as a a society, would even consider the possibility that government force might be applied to that end is disturbing enough.

Your remarks suggest a broader version of this, that the discretion as to what art an artist will or will not produce belongs, not to that artist, but to government—that it is government that has the power to dictate what an artist will or will not express, with the artist being allowed little or no say in the matter.

It seems to be that such a concept is completely irreconcilable with the freedom of expression affirmed in the First Amendment. Further, it renders any artist's work meaningless, if that work is not an expression of the artist's own will.

It's about providing full and equal services (as specifically required by the law).

The First Amendment is the law. As part of the Constitution, it is the highest law in this nation, and takes precedence over all lesser laws and litigative actions.

You really cannot retain any credibility in paying lip service to the rule of law, while at the same time advocating that the First Amendment be violated in order to uphold lesser laws. Yours is a position of abject lawlessness, thinly masquerading as lawfulness.

Yes.

If the photographer only shot women nudes but not male, he'd be in vilation [sic] of the sex provisions of the law.

So far, this thread has been about a more specific principle, of an artist being compelled to produce art celebrating something which he finds immoral. That we, as a a society, would even consider the possibility that government force might be applied to that end is disturbing enough.

Your remarks suggest a broader version of this, that the discretion as to what art an artist will or will not produce belongs, not to that artist, but to government—that it is government that has the power to dictate what an artist will or will not express, with the artist being allowed little or no say in the matter.

It seems to be that such a concept is completely irreconcilable with the freedom of expression affirmed in the First Amendment. Further, it renders any artist's work meaningless, if that work is not an expression of the artist's own will.

The First Amendment is the law. As part of the Constitution, it is the highest law in this nation, and takes precedence over all lesser laws and litigative actions.

You really cannot retain any credibility in paying lip service to the rule of law, while at the same time advocating that the First Amendment be violated in order to uphold lesser laws. Yours is a position of abject lawlessness, thinly masquerading as lawfulness.
Wedding cakes can be stunning creations. But do they qualify as art?

Isn't it interesting that Conservatives are suddenly arguing that Wedding Cakes are art and protected by the First Amendment- while just a few years ago were arguing that Pornography was not art- and was not protected by the First Amendment?

Nice world you created

>>>>

Art as a product? You got to love the extremes you folks go to.

Part of the arguments the USSC heard were about whether the wedding cakes in question are a form of art which expresses a message, or more of a utilitarian item. One of the lawyers for the baker was arguing that his cakes are custom-made and a form of expression which should be protected. Several of the justices questioned whether that sort of categorization would then lead to many other types of services being denied; make-up artists, chefs, florists, and some others were brought up.

It's an interesting question: does a wedding cake, absent any sort of text, constitute a piece of art which is identified with the artist, or is it simply a food item? My first reaction is that the court will find that the cake is not a strong enough expression of art to be considered speech, but it's only a guess. The justices seemed to be looking at the issue in terms of its possible effect as precedent.

Isn't it interesting that Conservatives are suddenly arguing that Wedding Cakes are art and protected by the First Amendment- while just a few years ago were arguing that Pornography was not art- and was not protected by the First Amendment?

Isn't it interesting that LIbErals only care about protecting “artistic freedom” under the First Amendment when it pertains to disgusting, degrading, immoral expressions, such as pornography?

Anywhere that matters of good versus evil, morality versus immorality, are involved with political controversy, it is those of you on the left wrong than can reliably be found standing on the side of evil and immorality.

Forum List

Back