Woman who flips off prez gets fired

What about her 1st Amendment rights? Would she have been fired if she had flipped off President Obama's motorcade? I doubt it...
Good Lord, dunce...how many times do you have to be told 1st Amendment rights ONLY pertain to government intervention, before it finally sink into that thick head of yours and imprints itself on one of the two functioning brain cells you have left ?

"As a general rule, the First Amendment doesn't apply to the private workplace," said Daniel Schwartz, employment law partner at Shipman & Goodwin. Instead, the First Amendment prevents government, but not companies or individuals, from limiting free speech.

Free speech on the job, and what that means

I would agree if we are talking about the workplace. However in this case we are talking about someone's private life. Does the company have the right to fire someone if they show up at a political rally on their own time? I would think not.

Well as the far left continues to prove they do not care about rules, so when one gets fired for violating company policies, the far left thinks it is illegal!

The trouble is that she violated no rules. That was a excuse to fire her and it shows they are concerned about the legal consequences.

no it doesn't, not even close.

it's straight up misconduct.

you flip someone off at work, and then are ignit enough to brag about it on top of it, you're unemployed.
Yep, and it goes even beyond that.

She works for a GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR. The president represents the CEO of that organization (US government). She flipped off her boss's bet costumer. In the real world, that's a guarantee to get you fired. The stupid bitch earned what she got.

She did not get what she deserved. She did what she did as a private citizen. Typical response from a fascist Trump supporter.

Well as the far left continues to prove they do not care about rules, so when one gets fired for violating company policies, the far left thinks it is illegal!

The trouble is that she violated no rules. That was a excuse to fire her and it shows they are concerned about the legal consequences.

There are no legal consequences to firing someone. You don't have a right to a job. As long as you aren't fired BECAUSE you are black, or some protected class, you're good to go. As in go find another job.

Of course she did, she violated company policy.

When one abuses that privilege, one should expect to be fired!

Company's has strict polices of how employees are to represent their company working and out in the community.

When you decide to actually have a job, even at McDonalds you will understand!

Sounds like a lawsuit to me. Juli's cloud will have a million dollar silver lini
Nope. The employer is within his rights.
No he's not. Wishful thinking on your part.
Is she back on the job yet? No?
Given the attention she is now getting and the way people are siding with her, I wouldn't be surprised if she is offered a job from someone else, a better well paying job. This will turn out well for her. The company, on the other hand, seeing now the attentiion she is getting, is shaking in their boots: big lawsuit coming.

She was interviewed today by Headline News, and she said that her Twitter feed has jumped to over 15,000 followers, and her Facebook page has over 1,000 friend requests.

Chances are, there's probably a really good offer in those requests and tweets.

I think she's gonna be fine.

And, if I saw Trump or Pence's motorcade going by when I was riding my bike, I'd probably do the same thing.

Forum List

Back