Woman with assault weapon murders 4 kids

How would people cut their food? What other use does a gun have that cant be done better by something else?

Many. Producing venison and other meats, competing in sporting events, art, and investment to name a few.

How would people cut their food? What other use does a gun have that cant be done better by something else?

Shooting a duck with bird shot is a lot easier than trying to whack it with a rubber mallet...
Thats still killing something. I should have clarified. Besides shooting something what other use is there for a gun that some other tool cant do better?

Allowing an 80 year old woman attacked by three young thugs to fight them off...often without firing a shot....a knife can't do that....
Still a threat of harm. Try again.

You will never completely remove the threat of harm.

Guns shoot. Asking what they can do besides shooting something is like asking what a knife can do besides cut.

Shooting a duck with bird shot is a lot easier than trying to whack it with a rubber mallet...
Thats still killing something. I should have clarified. Besides shooting something what other use is there for a gun that some other tool cant do better?

Allowing an 80 year old woman attacked by three young thugs to fight them off...often without firing a shot....a knife can't do that....

Guns shoot. Asking what they can do besides shooting something is like asking what a knife can do besides cut.
But all cutting isnt harming. You can cut boxes.. You can get objects out in small cracks, You can use it as a fork. A guns purpose is to shoot and kill something. There is no other purpose it was designed for.

But all cutting isnt harming. You can cut boxes.. You can get objects out in small cracks, You can use it as a fork. A guns purpose is to shoot and kill something. There is no other purpose it was designed for.

Not all shooting is harm either.....you can carry a gun, and when confronted by a criminal draw the weapon and either scare him off or hold him for police...nothing you are saying is based in objective reality.....

Many. Producing venison and other meats, competing in sporting events, art, and investment to name a few.

Guns cannot produce venison. Deers do that. I will give you competing in sporting events even though thats not really a use.There is no use for gun sporting events other than being a better killer. Same thing with investment. You cant always use worth. Its just an imaginary object based on the value a particular person sees in it.

A gun is only a tool. If I want to pound a nail I use a hammer and if I want to shoot something I use a gun.

Not all shooting is harm either.....you can carry a gun, and when confronted by a criminal draw the weapon and either scare him off or hold him for police...nothing you are saying is based in objective reality.....
Threat of harm. Nothing you have said speaks to anything other than harming someone.

A gun is only a tool. If I want to pound a nail I use a hammer and if I want to shoot something I use a gun.
Thats my point.

Guns cannot produce venison. Deers do that. I will give you competing in sporting events even though thats not really a use.There is no use for gun sporting events other than being a better killer. Same thing with investment. You cant always use worth. Its just an imaginary object based on the value a particular person sees in it.

Here you go...not a shot fired...and a life saved....two lives actually since this thug wasn't shot....

Woman Scares off Assailant With Stick. Just Kidding, it was a gun.

Just before 7pm on Wednesday night, a 29 year-old woman had gathered up her dog and headed outside to… well, to let her dog do what dogs do.

Upon her first step outside her Minot, North Dakota home, she was hit solidly in the face with a blunt object, knocking her backward down the stairs and into her home.

Her assailant followed her into her home and started to approach her, but the woman had made it to a cabinet where she retrieved a handgun to protect herself and her home.

When confronted with the firearm, the violent intruder and would-be robber/rapist/murderer fled the scene.

The smart, independent, gun-owning woman did not require medical attention, most likely due to the fact that she was able to pull a weapon on her assailant to end the attack.

Here you go...not a shot fired...and a life saved....two lives actually since this thug wasn't shot....

Just before 7pm on Wednesday night, a 29 year-old woman had gathered up her dog and headed outside to… well, to let her dog do what dogs do.

Upon her first step outside her Minot, North Dakota home, she was hit solidly in the face with a blunt object, knocking her backward down the stairs and into her home.

Her assailant followed her into her home and started to approach her, but the woman had made it to a cabinet where she retrieved a handgun to protect herself and her home.

When confronted with the firearm, the violent intruder and would-be robber/rapist/murderer fled the scene.

The smart, independent, gun-owning woman did not require medical attention, most likely due to the fact that she was able to pull a weapon on her assailant to end the attack.
Threat of harm.

Threat of harm. Nothing you have said speaks to anything other than harming someone.

Not a shot fired....

Police: Concealed Permit Holder Saves Officer Surrounded By Mob - Breitbart

On February 5, an armed citizen saved an Upper Darby police officer who was under assault and encircled by a mob of onlookers.
Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said “there is no doubt they would have attacked” the officer without the armed citizen’s intervention.

According to Philly.com, the officer was breaking up a fight between two Upper Darby High School students–after school had let out for the day–and one of the students jumped the officer. Superintendent Chitwood said, “As he breaks up the fight, he takes one kid and then the other jumps [on] him. Now he’s fighting two of them and he’s calling for an assist officer at the same time. There’s a crowd of 40 or 50 kids watching the fight, and they all move in towards the officer.”

An area resident with a concealed carry permit saw the officer struggling and the crowd closing in, so he grabbed his gun and ran to the officer’s defense. The resident ordered the kids to get away from the officer and kept them away until sufficient backup arrived. Chitwood said, “He had the gun in his hand, but he didn’t point it at the kids, he just told them to back off. If this guy didn’t come out and come to the aid of the officer, this officer would have had significant problems.”

The officer who was under attack suffered “significant hand injuries” and the first officer to respond to calls for backup “suffered a major injury to a leg when he was kicked by one of the teens in the fight.”

Threat of harm.

No one shot....so you whole premise is a lie.......a gun saves lives all the time without killing anyone....

As I keep saying, the purpose of a gun is to preserve the life of the user....and most of the time it never has to even be fired.....

Threat of harm.

Another life save, no shots fired.....but an assault knife was used by the attacker....

Assault rifles: 149 deaths in 34 years, 1982-2016

Assault knives: 1,567 deaths in 2014.....

Keep the rifle, ban the knives....

Employee Stabbed At GM Warren Tech Center, Suspect In Custody

The women got into some kind of verbal dispute, Fouts said, during which the visitor pulled out a steak knife and violently stabbed the employee several times in the neck, abdomen and back.

A nearby valet driver, who also has a concealed pistol license, saw what was happening and rushed to the employee’s aid.

“He pulled the weapon out and stopped the attack from taking place,” said Fouts. “By then, this woman had been stabbed multiple times.”

The driver held the attacker on the ground at gunpoint as other GM workers called 911. Police quickly arrived on the scene and took the suspect into custody as the employee was rushed to the hospital.

She underwent surgery and was last reported in stable condition.

Threat of harm.

No one shot....so you whole premise is a lie.......a gun saves lives all the time without killing anyone....

As I keep saying, the purpose of a gun is to preserve the life of the user....and most of the time it never has to even be fired.....
Threat of harm and I am still waiting on you to produce a category of assault knives the FBI follows that you claimed in the title.

From reading this topic it's clear the gun banners will say and do anything to get our guns. Anything except one thing: coming to get them! They don't have a hair on their ass.

Threat of harm.

another life saved...no shots fired...

CCW Permit Holder In CA Holds Burglar At Gunpoint With His Glock Until Police Arrive

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA — A pocket-carrying homeowner took matters into his own hands when he saw someone walking around inside his home as he was outside doing yard work.

That homeowner, who did not want to be identified, says he’s had his concealed carry permit for 50 years in California and it’s the first time he’s ever been forced to draw.

When police arrived, accompanied by helicopter with a good visual on the situation, they found the homeowner with his Glock trained on the suspect, 54-year-old Enrique Garza.

Police hailed the homeowner’s actions, saying it was a good thing his gun wasn’t sitting inside a safe, out of reach when needed most.

“If not for having a CCW, he probably wouldn’t have his gun on him, it probably would have been locked in a safe, and he wouldn’t have had access to it in order to hold this suspect accountable,” said Fresno County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Tony Botti.

“You have to learn to be careful in this world, because there’s a lot of crazy people out there,” said the homeowner.

The Fresno County Sheriff’s Office mentioned that before the attacks in San Bernardino, concealed carry permits were issued in about one month. Now after the attacks, demand has skyrocketed, which has created a longer wait time of up to 10 months for permits to be issued.

Threat of harm.

Threat of harm and I am still waiting on you to produce a category of assault knives the FBI follows that you claimed in the title.

A knife used to commit murder is by definition an Assault knife.....and they kill 6 times more people than all rifle types combined....and far more than AR-15s specifically......

Threat of harm.

another life saved...no shots fired...

CCW Permit Holder In CA Holds Burglar At Gunpoint With His Glock Until Police Arrive

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA — A pocket-carrying homeowner took matters into his own hands when he saw someone walking around inside his home as he was outside doing yard work.

That homeowner, who did not want to be identified, says he’s had his concealed carry permit for 50 years in California and it’s the first time he’s ever been forced to draw.

When police arrived, accompanied by helicopter with a good visual on the situation, they found the homeowner with his Glock trained on the suspect, 54-year-old Enrique Garza.

Police hailed the homeowner’s actions, saying it was a good thing his gun wasn’t sitting inside a safe, out of reach when needed most.

“If not for having a CCW, he probably wouldn’t have his gun on him, it probably would have been locked in a safe, and he wouldn’t have had access to it in order to hold this suspect accountable,” said Fresno County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Tony Botti.

“You have to learn to be careful in this world, because there’s a lot of crazy people out there,” said the homeowner.

The Fresno County Sheriff’s Office mentioned that before the attacks in San Bernardino, concealed carry permits were issued in about one month. Now after the attacks, demand has skyrocketed, which has created a longer wait time of up to 10 months for permits to be issued.
Threat of harm.

Forum List

Back