🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Women are BANNED from 'men-only' sessions @ swimming pool

Yet another thread about Muslims in Europe, about issues connected with them. Now Muslims virtually discriminate native people in some cities. Congratulations. Did anyone have any doubts that that would be true? Does anyone have doubts that there will be more and more such reports in the future?

What is the aim of this thread? To complain? To urge some actions? Or what? If the aim is to take certain measures to what measures can be taken based on current realities?

The west needs strict immigration policies to ensure its a slow drip of 3rs world immigrants and not a mass influx

Yet another thread about Muslims in Europe, about issues connected with them. Now Muslims virtually discriminate native people in some cities. Congratulations. Did anyone have any doubts that that would be true? Does anyone have doubts that there will be more and more such reports in the future?

What is the aim of this thread? To complain? To urge some actions? Or what? If the aim is to take certain measures to what measures can be taken based on current realities?

The west needs strict immigration policies to ensure its a slow drip of 3rs world immigrants and not a mass influx

It needs, but that move will be not sufficient. Britain has imported so many immigrants, who (or whose descendants) are already British citizens, that spreading Islamic culture inside this country is inevitable.

It needs, but that move will be not sufficient. Britain has imported so many immigrants, who (or whose descendants) are already British citizens, that spreading Islamic culture inside this country is inevitable.

Yes but you can't stop a flood without plugging the leak before you bail out the water.

There is no quick fix. But the west no doubt needs 10-20 years of restricted immigration. I prefer the US 1924 policy but Australia's point system could be used as well. Personally I don't want any immigrants from anywhere we are at war. When we are no longer at war or at odds with them then we can discuss a very limited policy after a while.

Yes but you can't stop a flood without plugging the leak before you bail out the water.

There is no quick fix. But the west no doubt needs 10-20 years of restricted immigration. I prefer the US 1924 policy but Australia's point system could be used as well. Personally I don't want any immigrants from anywhere we are at war. When we are no longer at war or at odds with them then we can discuss a very limited policy after a while.

I repeat this once more – I have no doubts that the West should adopt much tougher policy concerning immigration. This policy should be implemented as fast as possible. But it is only the first step in dealing with the flaws of multiculturism. The second step is much more important. This step means working-out and putting in place a policy that will be dealing with those people which already have the citizenship, have cultural background different from European, and not willing to adopt those principles and rules that are common in the society.

Let’s take a look at one made-up example. There is a borough in one big city of England. The majority of population of the borough are Muslims. The majority of seats in the local council are held by Muslim League. The local council approves a decision that forbids women to enter the borough with uncovered head. Is that situation possible? If yes, what would you do, if you were the prime minister?

I repeat this once more – I have no doubts that the West should adopt much tougher policy concerning immigration. This policy should be implemented as fast as possible. But it is only the first step in dealing with the flaws of multiculturism. The second step is much more important. This step means working-out and putting in place a policy that will be dealing with those people which already have the citizenship, have cultural background different from European, and not willing to adopt those principles and rules that are common in the society.

Let’s take a look at one made-up example. There is a borough in one big city of England. The majority of population of the borough are Muslims. The majority of seats in the local council are held by Muslim League. The local council approves a decision that forbids women to enter the borough with uncovered head. Is that situation possible? If yes, what would you do, if you were the prime minister?
Napalm.

[v]Let’s take a look at one made-up example. There is a borough in one big city of England. The majority of population of the borough are Muslims. The majority of seats in the local council are held by Muslim League. The local council approves a decision that forbids women to enter the borough with uncovered head. Is that situation possible? If yes, what would you do, if you were the prime minister?[/b]

This is where integration has reared its ugly head. The only way to break up integration and push assimilation is break up the ghettos. Not sure how you guys do it over there but here we just redraw districts.

At that point it's up to everyone to push assimilation. That means get rid of the burqa, hijab, and the halal meat requirement in schools. If you want special food then you bring a packed lunch.

My wife is Eastern Orthodox she and other women should be wearing a scarf all the time but since she has came to this country she assimilated to only wearing it in church.

We can stop importing more muslims into this country.

And deport the ones we can still deport.

Fuck that.

If people are going to come here, they must adopt our customs, not the other way around.

Women didn't fight for rights for centuries so foreigners can roll back the clock to the 1500s in the name of political correctness.

Last edited:
An update of sorts.
Julia Hartley Brewer is referred to as "ignorant" for finding this segregation offensive, according to local imam. Typical arrogance.

Imam defends Luton pool after it BANS men and women swimming together
AN IMAM has claimed men and women, regardless of their faith, prefer segregated swimming pools in the wake of a row over a male-only swim session at a Luton pool.
By OLI SMITH
PUBLISHED: 10:01, Mon, Aug 8, 2016 | UPDATED: 11:11, Mon, Aug 8, 2016

Ajmal Masroor told talkRADIO that women "prefer a segregated pool where they can enjoy themselves without being an object of desire".

His remarks come after Luton's Inspire Sports Village began holding men-only swimming sessions, banning the opposite genders from mixing on Friday evenings.

The taxpayer-funded swimming pool sparked outrage after introducing weekly "men-only sessions" and requiring swimmers to cover up "navel to knee".

desire-697623.jpg
GETTY; FACEBOOK

The imam defended the segregation so women can swim 'without being objects of desire'
RELATED ARTICLES
Mr Masroor said that the demand for segregation at pools "is extremely high from people of faith and no-faith".

He told talkRADIO: "Every time my wife and her sisters have been to a segregated session, the queue outside is at least an hour wait."

But, questions remain as men, despite paying a lower fee and having earlier use of the facilities, are entitled to use the main 50-metre competition pool while women are restricted to only the 20-metre 'community pool'.

Radio host Julia Hartley-Brewer hit out at the policy which she said was based on a belief that "it is bad for men and women to see large parts of each other's bodies".

Sessions banishing the opposite sex are being held on Friday evenings at Inspire Sports Village
She told Mr Masroor: "I wouldn’t be allowed to go to that pool on a Friday night in Luton if I lived locally simply because some men on religious reasons have some issue with seeing my body.

"I wouldn't have a choice. I would be banned from going to that pool.

"These men believe it is morally wrong for a man to see a woman’s chest or legs."

She continued: "I find that, as a Briton, offensive because that is bringing in a culture that demeans women.

I would be banned from going to that pool

Julia Hartley-Brewer

"Even though British culture is about being accepting, tolerant and open, when you bring in a culture that undermines that I think that is a problem."

But, Mr Masoor responded by calling Hartley-Brewer "ignorant" and said even men feel objectified as "sexual objects" during mixed swimming sessions.

He also said that if Christians wanted to hold a Christian-only session, he would have no problem with that.

Last week an Active Luton spokesman defended the move as the facility simply responding to a local demand.

He said: "We regularly provide opportunities for different groups in our programme, including many different activities and swimming sessions.

"Active Luton aims to provide everyone in our community, regardless of age, ability or ethnicity, with affordable and accessible opportunities to get active in ways which suit their wide-ranging needs and lifestyles."

616012.jpg
SWNS

The gender-segregated time slots will give men exclusive access to the 50m competative swimming pool
The sessions were advertised on a Facebook page as 'Alhamdulillah swimming,' an Arabic phrase which thanks God for his blessings.

One female swimmer, who asked not to be named, told the Telegraph: "The Friday night session for everyone is now closed because of the listed men-only sessions.

"I have asked a team leader about it – as there are no managers at the weekend – and he said it was a 'cultural thing'.

"Why has one section of the community in Luton been allowed to dominate and take over the best pool in the borough?

"I like swimming in the competition pool after a hard week at work on Fridays and now I can't without any discussion and very little advanced notice."

Ukip MEP Jane Collins said: "The leisure centre have said this is for cultural reasons and I think we all know that means for the Muslim community.

"This kind of behaviour, pandering to one group, harms community relations and creates tension.

"Under English law we have equality between men and women. This is not the same in cultures who believe in Sharia Law."

Related articles
Imam defends Luton pool after it BANS men and women swimming together

Last edited:

[v]Let’s take a look at one made-up example. There is a borough in one big city of England. The majority of population of the borough are Muslims. The majority of seats in the local council are held by Muslim League. The local council approves a decision that forbids women to enter the borough with uncovered head. Is that situation possible? If yes, what would you do, if you were the prime minister?[/b]

This is where integration has reared its ugly head. The only way to break up integration and push assimilation is break up the ghettos. Not sure how you guys do it over there but here we just redraw districts.

At that point it's up to everyone to push assimilation. That means get rid of the burqa, hijab, and the halal meat requirement in schools. If you want special food then you bring a packed lunch.

My wife is Eastern Orthodox she and other women should be wearing a scarf all the time but since she has came to this country she assimilated to only wearing it in church.

By redrawing districts you will redistribute the seats in local council between other parties so the Muslim League will lose the majority of seats. But it is hardly possible that this move will ease assimilation of the Muslims.

Can you give an example of such redrawing in the US with a successful result?

The very question is what to do with those you can’t deport due to their local citizenship?

Fuck that.

If people are going to come here, they must adopt our customs, not the other way around.

Women didn't fight for rights for centuries so foreigners can roll back the clock to the 1500s in the name of political correctness.

They already live there, have the same rights, and think that their customs are better than those of local people.

Fuck that.

What can we do about it?

[b{By redrawing districts you will redistribute the seats in local council between other parties so the Muslim League will lose the majority of seats. But it is hardly possible that this move will ease assimilation of the Muslims.

Can you give an example of such redrawing in the US with a successful result?[/b]

The very question is what to do with those you can’t deport due to their local citizenship?

Fuck that.

They already live there, have the same rights, and think that their customs are better than those of local people.

To the bold ... It's not a one off solution but it breaks up these power bases.

Politicians redraw districts all the time to suit their needs. As far as assimilation that's another issue all together. With Muslims I think you need to start off by banning the burqa. Break that chain. The first step is to get them dressing like Brits (in your case). Second would he stop forcing schools to serve halal meat. Muslims need to feel uncomfortable in the west. That's when assimilation is likely to happen for those who don't initially want to assimilate right away.

Most Muslims in the UK don't even have legal marriages because they married via Islam. That's wrong, although I don't support government marriages there is a requirement and they should have to follow. At the very lease write up a contract.

[b{By redrawing districts you will redistribute the seats in local council between other parties so the Muslim League will lose the majority of seats. But it is hardly possible that this move will ease assimilation of the Muslims.

Can you give an example of such redrawing in the US with a successful result?[/b]

Fuck that.

Politicians redraw districts all the time to suit their needs. As far as assimilation that's another issue all together. With Muslims I think you need to start off by banning the burqa. Break that chain. The first step is to get them dressing like Brits (in your case). Second would he stop forcing schools to serve halal meat. Muslims need to feel uncomfortable in the west. That's when assimilation is likely to happen for those who don't initially want to assimilate right away.

Most Muslims in the UK don't even have legal marriages because they married via Islam. That's wrong, although I don't support government marriages there is a requirement and they should have to follow. At the very lease write up a contract.

But there is opposite scenario. Muslims begin to organise their own schools that will abide by their rules. They do everything that is possible to establish their rules in their boroughs and make these boroughs really no-go zones for aliens, and so on. And in this case it is where assimilation ceases to exist and segregation takes root.

Fuck that.

But there is opposite scenario. Muslims begin to organise their own schools that will abide by their rules. They do everything that is possible to establish their rules in their boroughs and make these boroughs really no-go zones for aliens, and so on. And in this case it is where assimilation ceases to exist and segregation takes root.

Mark Steyn said this in the munk debate and I think he is spot on about us not having been good at assimilation since the early 20th century.

Fuck that.

Mark Steyn said this in the munk debate and I think he is spot on about us not having been good at assimilation since the early 20th century.

When a group of people think that their culture and customs are not only not worse than the majority’s but are even better then assimilation is virtually impossible. And there are few things you can do with it. But what you definitely shouldn’t do is banning something and forcing them to do something against their will. Of course, there should be certain limits, but also there should be compromises. It is inevitable.

Of course, there is another way. The way in comparison with which banning burqa would seem as something childish. But I have doubts that Europe will follow this way. And maybe it is good.

Fuck that.

When a group of people think that their culture and customs are not only not worse than the majority’s but are even better then assimilation is virtually impossible. And there are few things you can do with it. But what you definitely shouldn’t do is banning something and forcing them to do something against their will. Of course, there should be certain limits, but also there should be compromises. It is inevitable.

Of course, there is another way. The way in comparison with which banning burqa would seem as something childish. But I have doubts that Europe will follow this way. And maybe it is good.

You must assimilate into western culture for western culture to continue to exist. Does western culture exist if women lose their ability to be equal individuals?

If they don't want to give up these oppressive parts of their culture then maybe they aren't cut out for western life. And if we just say live and let live .... They will keep themselves separated and we will have no assimilation .... Just ghettos of oppression.

Are you willing to give up women's rights to accommodate immigrants?

You must assimilate into western culture for western culture to continue to exist. Does western culture exist if women lose their ability to be equal individuals?

If they don't want to give up these oppressive parts of their culture then maybe they aren't cut out for western life. And if we just say live and let live .... They will keep themselves separated and we will have no assimilation .... Just ghettos of oppression.

I am not willing to give up women’s rights. I just think that this will be more likely scenario.

As I said above, there is another scenario. It includes such steps: proclamation Islam as a hostile religion to the Western civilisation; adoption a bill demanding Muslims to follow the rules and customs of local community; adoption a bill which allows depriving Muslims who refuse to follow the rules of local citizenship; deportation such Muslims.

This scenario will inevitably lead to significant deterioration in relations with Islamic countries. Also it opens questions where to deport these Muslims (to say nothing about signing a deal with a country which will agree to accept them), what to do with family members of deported Muslims, and so on.

How high are the odds that a certain European country will take such steps?

The French seem to be becoming less 'accommodating':

Mayor to ban Islamic Burkini swim event branding it ‘socially divisive’
A "BURKINI day" swimming event aimed at the Muslim women of a town in the grip of the ongoing Islamic terror threat in France faces a ban by the mayor.
By ROMINA MCGUINNESS
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Tue, Aug 9, 2016 | UPDATED: 18:40, Tue, Aug 9, 2016

Burkini-698269.jpg
GETTY

The French mayor wants to ban the burkini day swimming event
The burkini-only pool day, is set to be held at the Speedwater Park at Pennes-Mirabeau, near Marseille.

But city officials fear the event – just weeks after the Islamic massacre in Nice – will be seen as insensitive and even pose a serious public order threat.

Smile 13, a "social, cultural, sport and professional" community group for women and children has booked the waterpark for an entire day, for an estimated 15 000 euros.

This is communitarianism

Michel Amiel, mayor

The group was originally set up to encourage women to join in with the local community, and regularly organises similar events either at a pool or at a spa.

But the pool day, whose promotional poster states that access is exclusively for women and children (boys under 10 years old), has caused outrage among some politicians who have labelled the event socially divisive.

Women have been warned that they must be covered from their chest to their knees, by wearing either a burkini or a swimming jilbab.

Mayor to ban Islamic Burkini swim event branding it ‘socially divisive’

I am not willing to give up women’s rights. I just think that this will be more likely scenario.

As I said above, there is another scenario. It includes such steps: proclamation Islam as a hostile religion to the Western civilisation; adoption a bill demanding Muslims to follow the rules and customs of local community; adoption a bill which allows depriving Muslims who refuse to follow the rules of local citizenship; deportation such Muslims.

This scenario will inevitably lead to significant deterioration in relations with Islamic countries. Also it opens questions where to deport these Muslims (to say nothing about signing a deal with a country which will agree to accept them), what to do with family members of deported Muslims, and so on.

How high are the odds that a certain European country will take such steps?

I see and understand where you are going with this but passing a series of laws is the same as outlawing they burqa or hijab. Or at least giving businesses the option to ban these items. Much like businesses have the leeway to require a certain amount of clothing.

The start of all this is to limit immigration from these countries to an almost stand still. Send home students and work visas.

Christian mayor BANS the burkini in swimming pools after complaints
A GERMAN town has banned Muslim women from wearing burkinis in public swimming pools after complaints from other users.
By ALIX CULBERTSON AND MONIKA PALLENBERG
PUBLISHED: 05:00, Fri, Jun 10, 2016 | UPDATED: 08:46, Fri, Jun 10, 2016

Germany-678469.jpg
Matrix Pictures

Women wearing swimming costumes which cover their whole body - otherwise known as burkinis - have been informed they are not allowed in the water.

Mayor of the southern German town of Neutraubling, Heinz Kiechle, a member of the Christian Social Union (CSU) party said he made the decision due to hygiene reasons.

The ban was prompted by "women only" swim evenings introduced over the past few weeks at public swimming school in the Bavarian town.

I wonder what a burkini, a recent invention, has to do with the right to free practice of religion?
Mayor Heinz Kiechle

A young Arabic woman took the opportunity to go swimming, wearing a full body swim suit which covered everything apart from her face, hands and feet.

Following complaints from several other swimmers the Mayor decided to put the ban in place.

He denied it was a burkini ban, saying: "No, a ban specifically for burkinis didn't exist.

"It was more about hygiene. ...

Christian mayor BANS the burkini in swimming pools after complaints

Forum List

Back