🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Women are BANNED from 'men-only' sessions @ swimming pool

The French seem to be becoming less 'accommodating':

Mayor to ban Islamic Burkini swim event branding it ‘socially divisive’
A "BURKINI day" swimming event aimed at the Muslim women of a town in the grip of the ongoing Islamic terror threat in France faces a ban by the mayor.
By ROMINA MCGUINNESS
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Tue, Aug 9, 2016 | UPDATED: 18:40, Tue, Aug 9, 2016

Burkini-698269.jpg
GETTY

The French mayor wants to ban the burkini day swimming event
The burkini-only pool day, is set to be held at the Speedwater Park at Pennes-Mirabeau, near Marseille.

But city officials fear the event – just weeks after the Islamic massacre in Nice – will be seen as insensitive and even pose a serious public order threat.

Smile 13, a "social, cultural, sport and professional" community group for women and children has booked the waterpark for an entire day, for an estimated 15 000 euros.

This is communitarianism

Michel Amiel, mayor

The group was originally set up to encourage women to join in with the local community, and regularly organises similar events either at a pool or at a spa.

But the pool day, whose promotional poster states that access is exclusively for women and children (boys under 10 years old), has caused outrage among some politicians who have labelled the event socially divisive.

Women have been warned that they must be covered from their chest to their knees, by wearing either a burkini or a swimming jilbab.

Mayor to ban Islamic Burkini swim event branding it ‘socially divisive’

Good move. Nothing says pro woman than forcing them to be covered completely at the swimming pool in the summer

And Austria:

Austrian swimming pool BANS Muslim women from wearing burkini
A SWIMMING pool in Austria has BANNED Muslim women from wearing the ‘burkini’ over hygiene concerns.
By REBECCA PERRING
PUBLISHED: 16:14, Sat, Jul 2, 2016 | UPDATED: 17:01, Sat, Jul 2, 2016

Austria-Burkini-685602.jpg
GETTY

The burkini was banned over hygiene concerns
The Austrian town of Hainfeld has put a stop to the total-body swimsuit - complete with head covering - triggered by the country’s far-right Freedom Party.

Peter Terzer, a local town councillor, said: “It can be ensured, that no person wearing a burkini can enter the pool.

“In respect to the bathing rules, we are completely pleased with the adopted variant.

“Nothing in particular has prompted the ban, however, the bathing rules have been in place for decades already.”

He said the ban was based on sanitation grounds, so the pool water could be meet strict hygiene regulations.

It comes after a public swimming pool in Neutraubling near Regensburg, Germany banned Muslim women from wearing the full body swimsuit after complaints from non-Islamic bathers.

Mr Terzer also called for tighter security amid reports of a rise in sexual assaults at swimming baths in Austria.

Most recently, authorities in the Austrian town of Mistelbach issued a temporary ban on refugees after a 13-year-old was allegedly sexually assaulted by a young man, supposedly an asylum seeker from a nearby shelter. ...

Austrian swimming pool BANS Muslim women from wearing burkini

Christian mayor BANS the burkini in swimming pools after complaints
A GERMAN town has banned Muslim women from wearing burkinis in public swimming pools after complaints from other users.
By ALIX CULBERTSON AND MONIKA PALLENBERG
PUBLISHED: 05:00, Fri, Jun 10, 2016 | UPDATED: 08:46, Fri, Jun 10, 2016

Germany-678469.jpg
Matrix Pictures

Women wearing swimming costumes which cover their whole body - otherwise known as burkinis - have been informed they are not allowed in the water.

Mayor of the southern German town of Neutraubling, Heinz Kiechle, a member of the Christian Social Union (CSU) party said he made the decision due to hygiene reasons.

The ban was prompted by "women only" swim evenings introduced over the past few weeks at public swimming school in the Bavarian town.

I wonder what a burkini, a recent invention, has to do with the right to free practice of religion?
Mayor Heinz Kiechle

A young Arabic woman took the opportunity to go swimming, wearing a full body swim suit which covered everything apart from her face, hands and feet.

Following complaints from several other swimmers the Mayor decided to put the ban in place.

He denied it was a burkini ban, saying: "No, a ban specifically for burkinis didn't exist.

"It was more about hygiene. ...

Christian mayor BANS the burkini in swimming pools after complaints

It's a major hygiene issue. No pool lets you swim in. Your clothes.

But there is opposite scenario. Muslims begin to organise their own schools that will abide by their rules. They do everything that is possible to establish their rules in their boroughs and make these boroughs really no-go zones for aliens, and so on. And in this case it is where assimilation ceases to exist and segregation takes root.

Mark Steyn said this in the munk debate and I think he is spot on about us not having been good at assimilation since the early 20th century.

When a group of people think that their culture and customs are not only not worse than the majority’s but are even better then assimilation is virtually impossible. And there are few things you can do with it. But what you definitely shouldn’t do is banning something and forcing them to do something against their will. Of course, there should be certain limits, but also there should be compromises. It is inevitable.

Of course, there is another way. The way in comparison with which banning burqa would seem as something childish. But I have doubts that Europe will follow this way. And maybe it is good.

You must assimilate into western culture for western culture to continue to exist. Does western culture exist if women lose their ability to be equal individuals?

If they don't want to give up these oppressive parts of their culture then maybe they aren't cut out for western life. And if we just say live and let live .... They will keep themselves separated and we will have no assimilation .... Just ghettos of oppression.

Are you willing to give up women's rights to accommodate immigrants?

I am not willing to give up women’s rights. I just think that this will be more likely scenario.

As I said above, there is another scenario. It includes such steps: proclamation Islam as a hostile religion to the Western civilisation; adoption a bill demanding Muslims to follow the rules and customs of local community; adoption a bill which allows depriving Muslims who refuse to follow the rules of local citizenship; deportation such Muslims.

This scenario will inevitably lead to significant deterioration in relations with Islamic countries. Also it opens questions where to deport these Muslims (to say nothing about signing a deal with a country which will agree to accept them), what to do with family members of deported Muslims, and so on.

How high are the odds that a certain European country will take such steps?

I see and understand where you are going with this but passing a series of laws is the same as outlawing they burqa or hijab. Or at least giving businesses the option to ban these items. Much like businesses have the leeway to require a certain amount of clothing.

The start of all this is to limit immigration from these countries to an almost stand still. Send home students and work visas.

The same? I think that banning burqas in comparison with these laws is just childish game.

Mark Steyn said this in the munk debate and I think he is spot on about us not having been good at assimilation since the early 20th century.

When a group of people think that their culture and customs are not only not worse than the majority’s but are even better then assimilation is virtually impossible. And there are few things you can do with it. But what you definitely shouldn’t do is banning something and forcing them to do something against their will. Of course, there should be certain limits, but also there should be compromises. It is inevitable.

Of course, there is another way. The way in comparison with which banning burqa would seem as something childish. But I have doubts that Europe will follow this way. And maybe it is good.

You must assimilate into western culture for western culture to continue to exist. Does western culture exist if women lose their ability to be equal individuals?

If they don't want to give up these oppressive parts of their culture then maybe they aren't cut out for western life. And if we just say live and let live .... They will keep themselves separated and we will have no assimilation .... Just ghettos of oppression.

I am not willing to give up women’s rights. I just think that this will be more likely scenario.

As I said above, there is another scenario. It includes such steps: proclamation Islam as a hostile religion to the Western civilisation; adoption a bill demanding Muslims to follow the rules and customs of local community; adoption a bill which allows depriving Muslims who refuse to follow the rules of local citizenship; deportation such Muslims.

This scenario will inevitably lead to significant deterioration in relations with Islamic countries. Also it opens questions where to deport these Muslims (to say nothing about signing a deal with a country which will agree to accept them), what to do with family members of deported Muslims, and so on.

I see and understand where you are going with this but passing a series of laws is the same as outlawing they burqa or hijab. Or at least giving businesses the option to ban these items. Much like businesses have the leeway to require a certain amount of clothing.

The start of all this is to limit immigration from these countries to an almost stand still. Send home students and work visas.

The same? I think that banning burqas in comparison with these laws is just childish game.

do we let people walk around in masks everyday?

Another regressive move. More pandering to Islam?

Fury as women are BANNED from 'men-only' sessions at Luton's taxpayer-funded Olympic swimming pool 'for cultural reasons' and segregated in smaller community baths
  • Men and women-only sessions will be held at the Inspire Sports Village
  • The move will give men exclusive access to larger 160ft, eight-lane pool
  • Meanwhile women will be relegated to the smaller 65ft community pool
  • Swimmer claims she was told the decision was down to 'cultural reasons'
A taxpayer-funded community swimming pool has sparked outrage by hosting men and women-only sessions for alleged 'cultural reasons'.

The gender-segregated time slots came into place on July 29 and give men exclusive access to the larger 160ft, eight-lane competition pool at the Inspire Sports Village.

During these periods, women will be relegated to the smaller 65ft community pool at the sports facility in Stopsley, Luton.

One outraged female swimmer, who did not wish to be named, said: 'The Friday night session for everyone is now closed because of the listed men-only sessions.'

'I have asked a team leader about it - as there are no managers at the weekend - and he said it was a "cultural thing".

'Why has one section of the community in Luton been allowed to dominate and take over the best pool in the borough?

'I like swimming in the competition pool after a hard week at work on Fridays and now I can't without any discussion and very little advanced notice.'

The gender-segregated sessions are being advertised as 'Alhamdulliah swimming' on Facebook, a Muslim phrase which thanks God for his blessings. ...

Women are BANNED from swimming pool in Luton 'for cultural reasons'
Has to be because of the Muslims. Any western male loves to have women at the pools and beach. It improves the beauty of the area.

do we let people walk around in masks everyday?

It seems that we don’t understand each other.
If you ban burqas only to ban burqas, then let it be this way. But if you want to solve issues connecting with Muslims, then it is merely half measures which may do more harm than good.

Another regressive move. More pandering to Islam?

Fury as women are BANNED from 'men-only' sessions at Luton's taxpayer-funded Olympic swimming pool 'for cultural reasons' and segregated in smaller community baths
  • Men and women-only sessions will be held at the Inspire Sports Village
  • The move will give men exclusive access to larger 160ft, eight-lane pool
  • Meanwhile women will be relegated to the smaller 65ft community pool
  • Swimmer claims she was told the decision was down to 'cultural reasons'
A taxpayer-funded community swimming pool has sparked outrage by hosting men and women-only sessions for alleged 'cultural reasons'.

The gender-segregated time slots came into place on July 29 and give men exclusive access to the larger 160ft, eight-lane competition pool at the Inspire Sports Village.

During these periods, women will be relegated to the smaller 65ft community pool at the sports facility in Stopsley, Luton.

One outraged female swimmer, who did not wish to be named, said: 'The Friday night session for everyone is now closed because of the listed men-only sessions.'

'I have asked a team leader about it - as there are no managers at the weekend - and he said it was a "cultural thing".

'Why has one section of the community in Luton been allowed to dominate and take over the best pool in the borough?

'I like swimming in the competition pool after a hard week at work on Fridays and now I can't without any discussion and very little advanced notice.'

The gender-segregated sessions are being advertised as 'Alhamdulliah swimming' on Facebook, a Muslim phrase which thanks God for his blessings. ...

Women are BANNED from swimming pool in Luton 'for cultural reasons'
Can they find a real life man who would object to female swimmers? This whole thing makes little sense.

Forum List

Back