Women should dress modestly or expect to 'entice a rapist...'

Well, some of these men here would say you were "asking for it." What do you think about that?
BINGO. You once again agree with me. There are a lot of guys like that. That is what I am concerned about, and it damn well happens.

No I don't agree. I don't ever think the woman was "asking for it." Flirting and wanting to look sexy for the opposite sex is normal. Rape is NOT.

I can only speak for myself....

You have to know where to "draw the line" - depending on the type of guy you run across, a normal/rational guy will back off - someone that just wants power/control won't.....

Dealing with a "random rape" - there is no telling....

In a situation where you are leading someone on, if you lead the wrong kind of guy or person on, or give cues that you are receptive to their attentions, you need to be prepared for a variety of responses.

There are some that won't handle rejection well, especially if they feel you were giving them a message to the contrary.....

Well, some of these men here would say you were "asking for it." What do you think about that?
BINGO. You once again agree with me. There are a lot of guys like that. That is what I am concerned about, and it damn well happens.

No I don't agree. I don't ever think the woman was "asking for it." Flirting and wanting to look sexy for the opposite sex is normal. Rape is NOT.
Jesus, you are completely not getting this. OF COURSE she wasn't asking for it. But THAT'S THE EXCUSE THE GUY MAKES.

Come on.

How is that weird? Remember, 1 in 5 rape victims are between the ages of 18 and 21. While women over the age of 50 over the age of 50 make up less than 3% of rape victims.

Its ludicrous to conclude the sexual attraction plays no role in rape. It defines reason. And requires elaborate, baseless narratives to explain away overwhelming evidence that supports the idea of a sexual component in rape.

Remember your 'out and about' excuse for why the average rape victim's age is the lowest of any major violent crime? Occam's Razor is a useful tool here.

it defies reason to just accept hiding your attractiveness in order to not be raped...

... and if you don't want attention from a man (in person), don't EVER EVER make eye contact!

Also, a lot of times a rapist would avoid a woman who shows any kind of self confidence. They want an EASY victim.
And again, we agree. Many men feel that a woman who would go out of their way to dress seductively are easy.

Thinking a woman is "easy" and raping her are two completely different things. Your statements are beginning to get more and MORE ridiculous.
You're just not being honest.

Rape isn't black and white. The two people involved can have different opinions, and it happens all the time.

Admit it or not, this is (sadly) a gray area.

But you are the one INSISTING it has to do with clothing when we all KNOW it does not. Many, many, many women who were NOT dressed sexy have been raped. MANY.
No, I'm not insisting anything. Back you go to the absolutism.

I'm saying that, even if it is to the slightest degree, chances are increased.

It's you folks who are doing the insisting.

Do you have anything at all to back up your claims. Are there ANY studies or statistics that state women who wear sexy clothes or flirt get raped more often?

Cartoon-Actual-Climate-Change-Pronouncements.jpg

Every single prediction has failed... Now snageltooth is calling you a liar because IT is afraid to admit that it's church has failed and lied to it.. For the record that info-graphic is funny as hell showing their attempt to blame everything on Man... To see the contradictions and the people who made the statements just makes me laugh at these frauds....

Also, a lot of times a rapist would avoid a woman who shows any kind of self confidence. They want an EASY victim.
And again, we agree. Many men feel that a woman who would go out of their way to dress seductively are easy.

Hubby says this all the time.
If someone dresses like that, they are looking for sex or at least is giving that message to men (whether the woman is or not, men think that... according to him....)

I think if you look really hot and dress in a sexual revealing way, and, are at a bar, and flirt with a guy etc. and things get a little carried away, date rape can occur. In this instance, I think it's not so much the clothes as the flirtation and teasing of the woman that may lead to date rape.

Other kinds of rape, based on anger, power or pain are different.... but can interplay into a date rape situation...

I don't think that way, some girls just want to dress up and some girls just dress up for eatch other

John Mellencamp - Wild Night ft. Me'Shell Ndegeoc…:

Or some could be men who didn't think they were bad, got sexually aroused, and did things they originally never intended. One size never fits all.
They will not admit this.

That is the most stupid thing EVA! A person who is NOT a rapist would not want to rape any women, regardless of how they are dressed. They would want a willing participant and not to force themselves on an unwilling victim.
You're stuck on thinking that there is only one kind of rape, one universal description of rape, one environment of rape. It either was rape or it wasn't, and everyone would agree.

I can't fix that.

Nope, there can be many reasons, but clothing is usually pretty low on the list. Let's not forget that most rapists are KNOWN by their victims. Those are the MOST common rapes. Acquaintance rape.
And again you help. It's low on the list, agreed!

But it's on the list.

And so are many other things. Like I said, you might as well be telling women to not leave their homes!

Thinking a woman is "easy" and raping her are two completely different things. Your statements are beginning to get more and MORE ridiculous.

Rape isn't black and white. The two people involved can have different opinions, and it happens all the time.

But you are the one INSISTING it has to do with clothing when we all KNOW it does not. Many, many, many women who were NOT dressed sexy have been raped. MANY.

Do you have anything at all to back up your claims. Are there ANY studies or statistics that state women who wear sexy clothes or flirt get raped more often?
I don't need it, you're already admitted that "it's on the list". Perfect.

I'm not going to keep playing Whack-A-Mole here. Thanks for your posts, I'll be referring back to them as examples of my point with those who disagree with me.

Every single prediction has failed... Now snageltooth is calling you a liar because IT is afraid to admit that it's church has failed and lied to it.. For the record that info-graphic is funny as hell showing their attempt to blame everything on Man... To see the contradictions and the people who made the statements just makes me laugh at these frauds....

Hubby says this all the time.
If someone dresses like that, they are looking for sex or at least is giving that message to men (whether the woman is or not, men think that... according to him....)

I think if you look really hot and dress in a sexual revealing way, and, are at a bar, and flirt with a guy etc. and things get a little carried away, date rape can occur. In this instance, I think it's not so much the clothes as the flirtation and teasing of the woman that may lead to date rape.

Other kinds of rape, based on anger, power or pain are different.... but can interplay into a date rape situation...

I don't think that way, some girls just want to dress up and some girls just dress up for eatch other

John Mellencamp - Wild Night ft. Me'Shell Ndegeoc…:

I do! I like dressing up and looking sexy! :D I LOVE clothes and shoes and jewelry!

I don't need it, you're already admitted that "it's on the list". Perfect.

I'm not going to keep playing Whack-A-Mole here. Thanks for your posts, I'll be referring back to them as examples of my point with those who disagree with me.

Oh so you have nothing. End thread/ :D

I don't think that way, some girls just want to dress up and some girls just dress up for each other
:laugh:

Yep, my daughters admit that, I tease them about that all the time.

Their girlfriends care a LOT more about what they're wearing than the boys do.

Cracks me up.

I can only speak for myself....

You have to know where to "draw the line" - depending on the type of guy you run across, a normal/rational guy will back off - someone that just wants power/control won't.....

Dealing with a "random rape" - there is no telling....

In a situation where you are leading someone on, if you lead the wrong kind of guy or person on, or give cues that you are receptive to their attentions, you need to be prepared for a variety of responses.

There are some that won't handle rejection well, especially if they feel you were giving them a message to the contrary.....

And that has absolutely nothing to do with how you are dressed.

You can be sexy and attractive in different ways.
Some project an image of class, some, not so much.....

or
upload_2015-9-1_8-22-35.jpeg

I don't think that way, some girls just want to dress up and some girls just dress up for each other

Cracks me up.

Most women just like to look good. Sexy clothes look good. End of story.

Jesus, you are completely not getting this. OF COURSE she wasn't asking for it. But THAT'S THE EXCUSE THE GUY MAKES.

Come on.

Mac what's wrong with you on this one, I thought you we're kind of old?

Don't you have any daughters or nieces?

Cracks me up.

Most women just like to look good. Sexy clothes look good. End of story.
Yep, that's up to them.

Cracks me up.

some of that is competition.
I know when I was a teenager, when I was getting ready for school, my focus was on trying to look better than certain other girls, not getting any particular boy :)

Come on.

Mac what's wrong with you on this one, I thought you we're kind of old?

Don't you have any daughters or nieces?
Two lovely daughters, why?

Forum List

Back